Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Entropia Universe /moved

Hi guys,

I was just browsing through various mmorpg sites, and obviously this being the most popular one, decided to take a peep and navigate through all the different forums and sections.

I have been playing a mmo game for the last 2 years called Entropia Universe. To my suprise i found that this game wasnt listed under the "Released Games" section. I also did a search and found not a single mention of it which is considerably shocking. Some would say it has resemblences to EVE, WoW and Second LIfe - it offers the best of the best!

About Entropia Universe

Its a Sci Fi mmo game which is based on a Real Cash Economy. During 2007, the Entropia Universe Platform provided a secure and stable means for $400m of user-to-user transactions. With in the region of 800,000 players signed, there are alot of players of which who deposit and play this game. The game is free to play but you can also deposit too. Some would say its quite difficult to play if you plan on playing for free, but what you have to remember is because this game is based on real cash all items within it is worth real money. Money doesn't come easy just as in real life.

There are 3 main professions of which enable you to Hunt, Mine and Craft all giving the potential of looting items worth PEDs (ingae currency) which is easily interchangable with real cash - 10 PED = $1 and stays at that fixed rate. There are people ingame who kill creatures ingame and loot 20,000 PED's on a daily bases (different people of course), thats $2k real us. You can pk in this game, there are various events held ingame by players and also Mind Ark (the game creators) as well, where they give huge prizes. Last year they gave away the deed to Land Area and Land Area ingame is worth $30k + real US that is. You're probably wondering why someone would pay that much - well you can actually earn PED's and hence real cash from owning land. I'll mention a little more about this later

What makes this Unique?

As i mentioned many people deposit in the game. And what's great about this game in comparison to other mmorpg's where its just primarily to do with just grinding which is tedious and monotonous, all the skills that you gain in this game are also worth PED's too which you can 'chip out' and sell. So even when the day comes when you finish playing mmo games (it will all come to us at some time) you won't have looked back and thought "I spent all those hours on a game that i dont enjoy anymore, all those hours just disappeared".... with this game you can sell all your items and skills and cash it out to your real life bank account.

Money and Entropia Universe

You can play this game easily with the budget of a normal P2P mmo, but a large proportion of the people who play entropia deposit more as the money you put into the game doesn't 'disappear' into thin air like WoW for example. You deposit how ever so much every month of every year and you never see that money again with game like WoW.... with Entropia you can deposit and withdraw it out casually, so its not a problem for our players. Infact there are individuals who actually deposit hundreds and i even know some who deposit thousands of dollars into the game a week. Some individuals ingame actually make a Living off the game - yes a living!

One Famous player of the game, callled Neverdie he remortgaged his own house in real life and bought an ingame asteroid for $100,000. He now earns an estimated $15k a month from taxing people who hunt/mine on his land.

For more info on him: newsblaze.com/story/2006050906010200015.mwir/topstory.html

Also there is Another player ingame called Deathifier, who bought an ingame Island for $26,000. He earns an estimated $3k a month from it.

For more info on him: news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/4104731.stm

The Future

Entropia Universe has been around since 2003 and in the recent months is preparing for a huge change. In regards to graphics (although it looks great as it is at the moment), will soon have cryengine 2 implemented into its game system. So think of it as Crysis graphics in a mmo (more details of this can be found on the main Entropia Universe website).

Not only that but within the next few months Entropia Universe will be partnering with various other gaming companies who will use the Entropia Universe platform to have their own planets which players can actually travel too. These planets are not all going to be "hunting, mining" the usual MMO content. Some planets will have different uses and will be diversely used for entertainment in form of commedy clubs, a place where you can watch movies (streamed possibly), possibly a medaevil themed planet etc. At this moment as players we arent sure of what specifically, its all meant to be a suprise so these are just rumours that have been mentioned :) But you can choose to go or not go to these planets (if you dont like the sound of them).

The Future is bright for Entropia Universe, with so many different possibilities it give to players and not just the mindless grinding that you have to go through hours on end. This game is unique and with the changes coming in the near future holds exciting prospects for the world of MMO.

Here is their main website: www.entropiauniverse.com/index.var

Received my first Free UGC code! :)
Claim your Free UGC code Here

Comments

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657

Look up.

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • Renton81Renton81 Member Posts: 92
    Originally posted by grunty

Look up.

sorry?

but more opinions and thoughts would be cool to hear in regards to OP :)

• hooptyhoopty Member UncommonPosts: 788

I read alot on this game, never played it..It sounds to good tobe true..There has tobe a catch some where.Anyone played this game can tell us the pros and cons on it?

Some people rob you at gun point..Others will rob you at "Ball Point Pen"

• jinxitjinxit Member UncommonPosts: 854
    Originally posted by hoopty

I read alot on this game, never played it..It sounds to good tobe true..There has tobe a catch some where.Anyone played this game can tell us the pros and cons on it?

You start of with nothing, no equipment no cash ..no nothing. In other words the game is designed to make you go and spend real money on it as soon as you log in for the first time, so no this game is not F2P.

Doesn't this thread smell suspiciously like viral marketing?

• PyrostasisPyrostasis Member UncommonPosts: 2,293

I did research on this about 2 years ago, was going to try it, but my research seemed to show that it was extremely hard to play free, and that the game was designed to make you spend, not make money.

This may have changed, but htats at least the way it was explained to me by the players back then.

How hard is it to playthe game for free?

Is it actually possible to make cash in the game?

What start up costs are needed, and how long till you can make any form of profit no matter how small?

• ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912
    Originally posted by Renton81

Originally posted by grunty

Look up.

sorry?

but more opinions and thoughts would be cool to hear in regards to OP :)

He's trying to tell you politely that the POS is already listed here and has it's own forum.

I, however, am not very polite. try using your eyes and you'll see a bunch of tabs on this site, one of them being marked "Games List".

But since you undoubtedly can't find your way around, here's the ink: http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm

My thought and opinion on EU? It's a thinly veiled gambling game. It looks like crap ( and using the Cryengine to power a supposed mmo is laughable, can't wait to see how that disaster works out if and when they've fleeced enough money from gullible players to afford it ), there is absolutely no way that you can play without money ( unless you consider "sweating" mobs for weeks entertainment ), and the developers are twits.

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

What nonsense.  Sorry all Entropia is, is a money grab for the vets.  New players will have to invest a goodly sum to get anywhere.  So you just want some suckers to come play your game.  Well sorry, people on this site are far more aware of that POS than you think.

Sorry, not only is it probably the worst MMO out there, it is the worst by a large margin.

Oh and if you'd click on little forums tab you would see that it has it's own forum on this site.

• vader999vader999 Member UncommonPosts: 136

During 2007, the Entropia Universe Platform provided a secure and stable means for $400m of user-to-user transactions.  With in the region of 800,000 players signed

With statements like this, ever thought of going into marketing? Hey maybe Entropia will employ you.
    Originally posted by Zorvan

there is absolutely no way that you can play without money ( unless you consider "sweating" mobs for weeks entertainment ), and the developers are twits.

It is difficult to make money for free out of this game, but thats self explanotory... its not going to likely give you money for free. You have to keep in mind that it is a RCE after all. If it was that easy to make money and they were freely giving out PEDs to the players they'd be bankrupt in a matter of days. Its just like Computer shop paying its customers to buy their products - same anology.

Also it seems that most people here tend to think that if you deposit cassh into the game, it's gone into the game and you'll never see it again. As i said it's not like games like WoW with monthly subscription - with WoW for example, the money you spend every month goes to the game creators, you never see that money again. With Entropia when you deposit, the PEDs you recieve is as good as real cash as you can freely withdraw.

If anything in terms of monetary sense its slightly like Second Life.  You practically start off with nothing there and there are businesses that evolve within it.  In actualy fact Anshe (quite a popular SL player) actually owns a Bank in Entropia.

The Cons of the game is that it is quite difficult to make money if your playing for free - but the aim of the game isn't to make money.  I'm just saying that it is possible.  The best thing to do is have fun and play the game.

Another Con is that because the game is quite complex it is quite difficult to understand the game without some help from ingame guides or other players.

But thats all i can think of that could be a con.

You can't really say that by depositing you're wasting your money as you can freely interchange PED's into Real Life currency - you don't even need to deposit to see how this is done.  Theres an ingame as well as in-website feature which enables you to withdraw.

This game may not be suitable for gamers who are looking for a game to play for free - although you can, its just very difficult.  And there are players ingame who do play for free by the way which is why i mentioned that you can.  But for players who play game's where there is a monthly subscription, you're never going to see that money again and over the year it all adds up.  And even for player's who play WoW, EVE and SL, Enrtopia might be of interest to you main reason being as that most of the new players that i come see at new arrivals of the game when asked usually say they are from those games here to check this game out.

And i am a player of the game, i have been playing for 2 years... I usually hang out around New Arrivals where all the new players spawn at the end of an evenings hunt at around 12:00 am GMT (just incase ;))

Originally posted by Pyrostasis

I did research on this about 2 years ago, was going to try it, but my research seemed to show that it was extremely hard to play free, and that the game was designed to make you spend, not make money.
    This may have changed, but htats at least the way it was explained to me by the players back then.
    1) How hard is it to playthe game for free?
    2) Is it actually possible to make cash in the game?
    3) What start up costs are needed, and how long till you can make any form of profit no matter how small?

1) On a scale of 1-10 i'd say its at 6 (10 being hardest) in terms of how hard the game is to play for free.  To get PED's ingame for free, the main way is to collect sweat bottles from mobs which does take time.  But i've known individuals in other games who spend hours and hours on end grinding up that one level.  They haven't achieved anything by doing it, just an increase in level from a game.  With collecting sweat, you earn PED's and skills that level up.

2) From my original post i made it sound as if making money is the aim of the game.  Thats not so, think of it as any other MMO where there are skill levels (over 150 different skills by the way), but with a RCE so the bonus is the money.  And as i stated above, taking an average of most people i've asked ingame they have more or less broken even in terms of how much they've deposited and how much their avatar is worth.  You just need to keep on hunting, mining, crafting - doing what ever that you do coz that one more click might loot something big! And it does happen, you can actually witness it yourself.  It shows how much players loot on ingame chat. Theres usually someone who loots a 20k PED'er ($2k) every one to tow days.

3) once again don't play the game to make money. If you want a sure way to make money you can do so by making a business ingame - but that usually requires money to do so just like in real life. Play the game to have fun and have the monetary system as an addition of the enjoyment, and when you want to, you can take that money straught back out. 

In regards to how much it takes to get started - well it depends on what proffession you get into.  I'll take hunting for example.  You'll need armour, a medical kit and a gun (beginner equipment of course since you have low skills) that would cost about 50-100 PED ($5-10).  Then once your bassic set up is complete you can just deposit $10 every noe and again for just by ammunition for your weapon. 1k ammuntion is 10 PED (1k gets you far).

Keep in mind that these are basic equipment - mid level is relatively same price if not a slightly more.  But there are alot of players ingame who spend thousands on ultra uber items.  There's a medical kit ingame thats worth $40k real US on the current market at the moment, its called the Modified Fast Aid Pack or Mod FAP.

But yes ultimately its very hard to play the game for free, but alot of players still do it.  Thats the main downside.  But think of it this way, you don't expect the makers of the game to be handing you PED's on a plate which as soon as you recieve you just withdraw.  Or else its just a one way system where money is just flowing out of the game.  Just like a Country's economic system in Real Life: In order for that country to be successful economically and all its citizen's, there has to be money going in it as well as out. 

If however you play a game that you have to play a monthly subscription in, at least with this you can have fun and withdraw the money back out should you wish to.

• talismen351talismen351 Member Posts: 1,124

This game may not be suitable for gamers who are looking for a game to play for free - although you can, its just very difficult.  And there are players ingame who do play for free by the way which is why i mentioned that you can.  But for players who play game's where there is a monthly subscription, you're never going to see that money again and over the year it all adds up.  And even for player's who play WoW, EVE and SL, Enrtopia might be of interest to you main reason being as that most of the new players that i come see at new arrivals of the game when asked usually say they are from those games here to check this game out.

Now here is my problem with your argument. You compare Entropia to WoW n other sub games...(SL is not a sub game and you really only hafta put money into it if you decide to own land). In other sub games yes, your monthly fee is gone. But during that month you are free to make as much in game money as you want, hunt,loot, sell to players or NPCs.  But in Entropia, you hafta buy your money...so for $15/month in WoW, you can make alot, but in Entropia, you make alot if you spend alot of RL cash.

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

Originally posted by Zorvan

there is absolutely no way that you can play without money ( unless you consider "sweating" mobs for weeks entertainment ), and the developers are twits.

It is difficult to make money for free out of this game, but thats self explanotory... its not going to likely give you money for free. You have to keep in mind that it is a RCE after all. If it was that easy to make money and they were freely giving out PEDs to the players they'd be bankrupt in a matter of days. Its just like Computer shop paying its customers to buy their products - same anology.

Also it seems that most people here tend to think that if you deposit cassh into the game, it's gone into the game and you'll never see it again. As i said it's not like games like WoW with monthly subscription - with WoW for example, the money you spend every month goes to the game creators, you never see that money again. With Entropia when you deposit, the PEDs you recieve is as good as real cash as you can freely withdraw.

If anything in terms of monetary sense its slightly like Second Life.  You practically start off with nothing there and there are businesses that evolve within it.  In actualy fact Anshe (quite a popular SL player) actually owns a Bank in Entropia.

The Cons of the game is that it is quite difficult to make money if your playing for free - but the aim of the game isn't to make money.  I'm just saying that it is possible.  The best thing to do is have fun and play the game.

Another Con is that because the game is quite complex it is quite difficult to understand the game without some help from ingame guides or other players.

But thats all i can think of that could be a con.

You can't really say that by depositing you're wasting your money as you can freely interchange PED's into Real Life currency - you don't even need to deposit to see how this is done.  Theres an ingame as well as in-website feature which enables you to withdraw.

And i am a player of the game, i have been playing for 2 years... I usually hang out around New Arrivals where all the new players spawn at the end of an evenings hunt at around 12:00 am GMT (just incase ;))

Again more nonsense piled on top of the nonsense you already provided.  Pack it in, no one on this forum is going to be fooled by it.  It is a gambling game, you need shills to provide you with cash for you gambling habbit.  Go try another board where people are less educated or better yet go seek help for your addiction, I hear gamblers annonomous does good work.

• SithosSithos Member UncommonPosts: 315

I played Entropia rabidly a long while back when it was known as Project Entropia. And did try a stint about a year or so ago under it's new incarnation.

The world is absolutely massive. It literally takes 3+ hours to run from one side of a continent to the other (if you so choose) although there are teleports scattered throughout each continent that do make travelling easier. If you are an explorer type you will be in your glory here.

As was stated earlier there are 3 types of players ingame. The hunter who goes out and kill stuff and loots the remains. Usually picks a specific area to work from until they get better gear and weapons to move onto a harder area. The miner who runs throughout the world in search of rare ores or energy and the crafter who refines the raw material into useable items. Within each skill is a smaller subset of skills that advance as the player gets better at his/her chosen profession(s). I played mostly the hunter archtype with a smattering of mining thrown in for some extra cash. I never really got into crafting all that much (never been a fan of crafting in any game)

During my  time playing I lost money (Overall I played about 7 months). I always needed bigger and better weapons to hunt bigger and better game in search of the elusive HoF (Hall of Fame) kill. The kill that would net you a large amount of cash/gear/items that you can use or sell. Unless you have a world of patience you will be putting money into the game constantly.

You can make money in this game yes. But in order to do so reliably you either need a TON of luck or alot of real cash to purchase an asteroid/island or whatnot. I'll be honest, I tried to stay at the 20 bucks a month range and found that in order to progress at a rate that I felt was acceptable I would need alot more. My average spending was much much higher.I spent near 600 bucks buying a good set of armor and a good rifle. You need to repair armor and weapons as they degrade a bit each shot or swing and will eventually become useless if not repaired. You need to purchase ammo for your weapon of choice (most hunters used a range weapon as running up to a mature Atrox (think T-Rex) and swinging an energy sword is asking for trouble unless you have some damn good armor). Yes 1000 ammo does last awhile until you get to the bigger weapons that use more than 1 ammo per shot. I was going through 2000+ ammo a day usually if not more as a hunter.

I did enjoy the game don't get me wrong. But due to the massive size of the world and me not being in a corporation (clan/guild or whatnot) I was for all intents playing solo. I rarely saw any other players when I was out and about. And travelling to most cities was agony due to the amount of beggars who would randomly open a trade window with you and beg for PEC's (Project Entropia Cents) or PED's (Project Entropia Dollars). It got to the point that I would strip off all my gear and weapons and put on the orange jumpsuit that every newbie starts with before I teleported to a main city. Also most of the better corporations were very very stingy on who they allowed in. One of the top corps whose name escapes me (it's been well over a year) wouldn't allow anyone in unless they made 150k+ a year in RL and could prove it. These corps are run just as in RL. You put in enough money and you were guaranteed a slice of the profits. After 6 months of play and near 2000 dollars put into the game I was in the mid tier of players and saw that without a huge string of luck or a massive infusion of cash that I wouldn't be able to move up. Now don't misunderstand me. Even at that level one can still make a small amount of cash if lucky (50-100 a month) but in reality it's like putting 100 bucks into the stock market and unless you are very very lucky you will only see a small gain or loss.Unless you have the ability to put a large chunk of change into the stock market you won't ever get the chance to see a huge gain.

The OP does paint a nice picture and yes Entropia Universe can be fun, dependant on what you the gamer wan't from it. But I am not content to waffle around in the middle and hoping that I get a Hall of Fame kill off an Atrox. I want to get bigger and better gear to kill bigger and better mobs so that I can get a bigger and better HoF kill. But in order to do so I would literally have to put another couple thousand dollars into the game (My next step up armorwise was going for around 3000 Ped per piece or 300 real dollars a piece). Heck there was Shadow Armor (I think that was the name) going for 20-40k Ped (2-4k real cash dependant on the piece). At the time it was one of the best armors available. I'll use WoW as an example as most everyone has played it and understands the concept I'm getting at. Would you as a player be content farming Dire Maul and selling the drops in order to make your cash or would you rather get better gear and farm Sunwell Plateu and sell the drops (assuming everything was tradeable, yes yes I know all about BoP etc). Most folks would rather farm/sell the higher end stuff. And in Entropia Universe this is doubly true as there are really no alts to speak of to buy your lower end items from the AH.

Overall the game is actually quite fun for a month or two until you the player decide you want more than just running around near the newbie areas. Then suddenly you find that the weapons and armor (or mining equipment) that served you so well in your last place no longer make the cut in the tougher area. So if you decide to continue playing you are forced to put more money into the game to upgrade your equipment. And with this new equipment comes greater reapir costs. Sure you can run around in an area with your 50 dollar gear doing your best and you may actually get lucky. But for the overwhelming majority of players they will (if they hope to do well in that area) have to buy a set of gear that costs 200 dollars. And then when they tire of that area they will move to an even harder area which requires even better gear.

The game is built so that you the player are forced to put more and more money ingame.15-20 bucks a month is just fine for the starter area.Gear is cheap as is ammo (although you do miss alot in the early going as your skill's are low) But if you aspire to more then you will have to pay more in order to do well out in the world. Your starter equipment will work anywhere in the world but you will be trying to kill or fending off attacks from higher level mobs all while wearing gear that is subpar.

I had started this post hoping for a paragraph or two about the game but well....I am sorry for the wall of text.

• BrianshoBriansho Member UncommonPosts: 3,586

Hi guys,

About Entropia Universe
    Its a Sci Fi mmo game which is based on a Real Cash Economy. During 2007, the Entropia Universe Platform provided a secure and stable means for $400m of user-to-user transactions. With in the region of 800,000 players signed, there are alot of players of which who deposit and play this game. The game is free to play but you can also deposit too. Some would say its quite difficult to play if you plan on playing for free, but what you have to remember is because this game is based on real cash all items within it is worth real money. Money doesn't come easy just as in real life.
    To access higher level content the game is not free. You can make some money but you have to be really patient and build up your skills/money for stuff.
    There are 3 main professions of which enable you to Hunt, Mine and Craft all giving the potential of looting items worth PEDs (ingae currency) which is easily interchangable with real cash - 10 PED = $1 and stays at that fixed rate. There are people ingame who kill creatures ingame and loot 20,000 PED's on a daily bases (different people of course), thats $2k real us. You can pk in this game, there are various events held ingame by players and also Mind Ark (the game creators) as well, where they give huge prizes. Last year they gave away the deed to Land Area and Land Area ingame is worth $30k + real US that is. You're probably wondering why someone would pay that much - well you can actually earn PED's and hence real cash from owning land. I'll mention a little more about this later.
    Don't forget the Beauty profession. You will have to deposits thousands of dollars to get started and establish yourself. But this is normal because beauty is not advertised as one of the main professions. The people who are getting 20,000 PED kills are not hunting mobs at the sweat camps. They are depositing thousands of dollars, sometimes daily, to get small HOFs(200-500ped). You can participate in PvP in this game but you will have to deposit large amounts of money for armor, ammo, weapons, and skills.

Real estate requires larger deposits of money and if the game suddenly shuts down you will not be able to get your money back. Mindark is not responsible for money lost in this game.

What makes this Unique?
    As i mentioned many people deposit in the game. And what's great about this game in comparison to other mmorpg's where its just primarily to do with just grinding which is tedious and monotonous, all the skills that you gain in this game are also worth PED's too which you can 'chip out' and sell. So even when the day comes when you finish playing mmo games (it will all come to us at some time) you won't have looked back and thought "I spent all those hours on a game that i dont enjoy anymore, all those hours just disappeared".... with this game you can sell all your items and skills and cash it out to your real life bank account.
    If you look at their "official" forums people are starting to get upset with the current state of the game. High end depositors are getting aggitated because they don't feel newer players or players who don't deposit as much as them deserve to get rare items and HOFs. There is a moderate division between the "upper" class high roller/depositors and "lower" class casual non-deposit players. High end rollers are furious that newer players have the same chance at getting HOFs than them. They feel elitist and entitled to more from the game because they decided to deposit more. Noone ever forced them to deposit thousands of dollars a day to have fun. Its like a casino, everyone has a chance to get jackpots but the house (Mindark) always has the upper hand.

You can play this game easily with the budget of a normal P2P mmo, but a large proportion of the people who play entropia deposit more as the money you put into the game doesn't 'disappear' into thin air like WoW for example. You deposit how ever so much every month of every year and you never see that money again with game like WoW.... with Entropia you can deposit and withdraw it out casually, so its not a problem for our players. Infact there are individuals who actually deposit hundreds and i even know some who deposit thousands of dollars into the game a week. Some individuals ingame actually make a Living off the game - yes a living!
    You cannot play much of the higher content on a budget of a normal P2P mmo. You will have to deposit large amounts of money to get access to higher content and you will have to continue depositing large amounts to maintain your progress at higher content/professions.
    One Famous player of the game, callled Neverdie he remortgaged his own house in real life and bought an ingame asteroid for $100,000. He now earns an estimated $15k a month from taxing people who hunt/mine on his land.
    He is a Hollywood celebrity and they shut the auction server down when a regular casual user almost outbid him for the asteriod, it was a marketing gimmick to get more people to play and deposit.

The Future
    Entropia Universe has been around since 2003 and in the recent months is preparing for a huge change. In regards to graphics (although it looks great as it is at the moment), will soon have cryengine 2 implemented into its game system. So think of it as Crysis graphics in a mmo (more details of this can be found on the main Entropia Universe website).
    Its only a graphical update. Players who are highly skilled in beauty might profit only if the engine resets everyones character template.
    Not only that but within the next few months Entropia Universe will be partnering with various other gaming companies who will use the Entropia Universe platform to have their own planets which players can actually travel too. These planets are not all going to be "hunting, mining" the usual MMO content. Some planets will have different uses and will be diversely used for entertainment in form of commedy clubs, a place where you can watch movies (streamed possibly), possibly a medaevil themed planet etc. At this moment as players we arent sure of what specifically, its all meant to be a suprise so these are just rumours that have been mentioned :) But you can choose to go or not go to these planets (if you dont like the sound of them).

The Future is bright for Entropia Universe, with so many different possibilities it give to players and not just the mindless grinding that you have to go through hours on end. This game is unique and with the changes coming in the near future holds exciting prospects for the world of MMO.
    You will have to deposit and grind if you want to access higher end content.

Don't be terrorized! You're more likely to die of a car accident, drowning, fire, or murder! More people die every year from prescription drugs than terrorism LOL!

• Nytewolf2k7Nytewolf2k7 Member Posts: 181

well said. I'm glad I got out of that piece of [Expletive Deleted]

Sick of playing Entropia Universe? Want to quit, but don't want your hard earned money to vanish? Give your items to ME :-)

• MahjeMahje Member Posts: 135
    Originally posted by Briansho

Hi guys,

About Entropia Universe
    To access higher level content the game is not free. You can make some money but you have to be really patient and build up your skills/money for stuff.
    There are 3 main professions of which enable you to Hunt, Mine and Craft all giving the potential of looting items worth PEDs (ingae currency) which is easily interchangable with real cash - 10 PED = $1 and stays at that fixed rate. There are people ingame who kill creatures ingame and loot 20,000 PED's on a daily bases (different people of course), thats $2k real us. You can pk in this game, there are various events held ingame by players and also Mind Ark (the game creators) as well, where they give huge prizes. Last year they gave away the deed to Land Area and Land Area ingame is worth $30k + real US that is. You're probably wondering why someone would pay that much - well you can actually earn PED's and hence real cash from owning land. I'll mention a little more about this later.
    Don't forget the Beauty profession. You will have to deposits thousands of dollars to get started and establish yourself. But this is normal because beauty is not advertised as one of the main professions. The people who are getting 20,000 PED kills are not hunting mobs at the sweat camps. They are depositing thousands of dollars, sometimes daily, to get small HOFs(200-500ped). You can participate in PvP in this game but you will have to deposit large amounts of money for armor, ammo, weapons, and skills.

Real estate requires larger deposits of money and if the game suddenly shuts down you will not be able to get your money back. Mindark is not responsible for money lost in this game.

What makes this Unique?
    If you look at their "official" forums people are starting to get upset with the current state of the game. High end depositors are getting aggitated because they don't feel newer players or players who don't deposit as much as them deserve to get rare items and HOFs. There is a moderate division between the "upper" class high roller/depositors and "lower" class casual non-deposit players. High end rollers are furious that newer players have the same chance at getting HOFs than them. They feel elitist and entitled to more from the game because they decided to deposit more. Noone ever forced them to deposit thousands of dollars a day to have fun. Its like a casino, everyone has a chance to get jackpots but the house (Mindark) always has the upper hand.

You cannot play much of the higher content on a budget of a normal P2P mmo. You will have to deposit large amounts of money to get access to higher content and you will have to continue depositing large amounts to maintain your progress at higher content/professions.
    He is a Hollywood celebrity and they shut the auction server down when a regular casual user almost outbid him for the asteriod, it was a marketing gimmick to get more people to play and deposit.
    I don't play the game but even i know that he bought it at Buyout price so plz stop your conspiracy theories..
    The Future
    Its only a graphical update. Players who are highly skilled in beauty might profit only if the engine resets everyones character template.

Originally posted by talismen351

Now here is my problem with your argument. You compare Entropia to WoW n other sub games...(SL is not a sub game and you really only hafta put money into it if you decide to own land). In other sub games yes, your monthly fee is gone. But during that month you are free to make as much in game money as you want, hunt,loot, sell to players or NPCs.  But in Entropia, you hafta buy your money...so for $15/month in WoW, you can make alot, but in Entropia, you make alot if you spend alot of RL cash.

But thats where you arguement is flawed.  You even said "But during that month you are free to make as much in game money as you want, hunt,loot, sell to players or NPCs"... at the end of the day for other sub games you're paying a montly fee and all it results in is ingame money which has no real meaning.

People still have the misconception that this is like other game where if you deposit its all gone wasted on just a game with ingame gold.... thats not the case.  Everything you invest into the game you can take the money back out.  Some say that they deposited $10 and it went in one day... it has been invested in skills.  When you shoot a gun or go mining you will see green skill gains on the bottom left corner telling you what skills you have earnt.  Those skills are worth peds too, you can take them out and sell it to other players.

So its not a case of "buying money in entropia" when you deposit, as thats not the case.  You're simply transfering money from one place to another as it still holds its same value wihtin the game - hence the term RCE!

Originally posted by Briansho

I can clearly tell you don't even play the game. I deposit $50 a week and i am a high end player and i seem to run fine on $50 a week on hunting, as the return loot helps me to hunt again.  You dont need to deposit thousands of dollars to hunt - from that i can clearly see you're either just over exagerating or just unbelievably senile lol.

If you look at their "official" forums people are starting to get upset with the current state of the game. High end depositors are getting aggitated because they don't feel newer players or players who don't deposit as much as them deserve to get rare items and HOFs.
    This is lies and i invite anyone to go on www.entropiaforum.com to go see for themselves. 
    Its like a casino, everyone has a chance to get jackpots but the house (Mindark) always has the upper hand.
     NOTE TO ALL PEOPLE WHO THINK THIS IS GAMBLING GAME:
    You can think as much as you want but In the end Entropia is NOT gambling and that is a fact!
    In Sweden the government has a monopoly on gamlingrelated activity. And they also have a agency with the task to inspect new companys on the market and ensure that there are no gambling involved.
    And MindArk, beeing a company in sweden gothenburg, was made a visit by this agency. MA had to give them full insight in the system (such as the loots etc.) so that they could give them either thumbs up or down (in which case they would have to and their business).
    And if this agency with all cards on the table decided that EU is NOT to be labelled as gambling, who are we to beg the differ?
    The name of the agency is "lotteriinspektionen" (the lottery-inspection) for your information.  Call them or email them and ask them yourself.
    their site:
    www.lotteriinsp.se/sv/Gaming-Board-for-Sweden----1/

You speak as tho the higher content of the game is everything about the game and without using higher gear life in this game isn't worth living.  You can easily be a mid level player and hunt big mobs with a normal budget of a P2P mmo - EASILY!  Once again, you don't sound like you are much experienced in regards to information of this game....

Neverdie is a Hollywood celebrity and they shut the auction server down when a regular casual user almost outbid him for the asteriod, it was a marketing gimmick to get more people to play and deposit.
     Its common knowledge by everyone that he bought it for Buyout.  If you want to know what buyout means there's a definetive answer in wikipedia. What you're talking about sounds to me like a rumour.
    why do you keep going on about beauty profession, its not even a main profession.  The main and popular professions are Hunting, Mining and Crafting.  Only a few dozen people do beauty profession.

True you will have to deposit to access the uber high armours and guns, but its not like without them you cant play and enjoy the game.  As i mentioned before you can kill high level mobs with medium level arrmour.  Even with Ghost armour (which is really cheap) and 5b's plates you can go hunt hogglo for example.  I can definetly say that you either have'nt played the game or are just purposly slandering that game coz you don't like the game for what ever reason.