Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

War is on the decline, want to know why?

Comments

• skydragonrenskydragonren Member Posts: 667
    Originally posted by banthis

Originally posted by skydragonren

Its not a very personal level if you just send them a random tell.  A personal level would be making friends with them, hanging out and grouping for a while.  Chatting being social not some random X tell.   I don't suggest anyone to my guild unless I've hung with them even if its for just a few hours or a few days.  We also dont' send realm invite messages its tended to net us nothing but trouble.   

The tell is to initiate conversation.

I do not accept people off a "sure" response. If I get a "sure" response I always reply with a "shouldn't I tell you more about the guild first"

I almost always have to explain our guild because it isn't a typical take everyone guild. It is a racial guild for dwarves only.

The other 10% from that 100% I mentioned earlier will usually ask "Sure, but could you tell me more about your guild."

This opens up the conversation phase and allows me to get to know them, maybe not how well they can play but at least the type of person they are. I am a very good judge of character. I can tell based off someone's first 2 responses if they are 12 or 23. I can tell if they are mature or kiddish. If they reply like some 12 year old pnwzor gangsta, I let them know they are not what we are looking for.

If the conversation seems to go well off the first few responses, and they like everything I have to say about the guild. Then I send them the invite. Which leads to phase 2 of hopping on vent and getting know everyone. So far everyone who has made it to Ventrilo stage has been well recieved and liked.

The point to my thread is there are way to many solo heroes in WAR right now. Wanting to go at the keep lord alone, they do not need help to take down the hero ++ they got it you just sit back and watch.

Well this just isn't how war was intended to be played. The community needs to come together and start playing as a faction or realm.

In DAoC that is what set it apart from all the others. Realm loyalty, we always loved to see and play with our fellow realmers and loved to play with the guilds around us. WAR has none of that at the moment. It is hurting the game very much.

So basically you Telemarket your guild.  Thats NOT personal.  People ... good ones that is JOIN guilds that they feel they can be a part of ... a social group.  In order to be personal with someone you have to know them even if its just from talking to them for a couple of mins while grouping. 

The last time I invited someone to apply for our guild the guy was pretty cool I'd randomly met him in the city and he was asking for help finding the Librarians.  So we chatted as I lead him there because it was at the time for new people to be walked there instead of pointed.  After we chatted just about random stuff related to the game I was like this guy is pretty cool we were on a 'personal' level or as personal as a person gets in a game without tellin gthem your life story so I invited him.

Thats being personal.  Telemarketing is not personal at all.  Its selling something.   You don't sell your guild you get to know people and invite them into your 'social' network because you think they'd mesh and be fun to group with.   This is why guilds for the past few years have been a turn off to me people sell their guild in order to boost numbers and not actually increase their network and form bonds.  Luckily I found a guild while randomly searching we got to know their recruiters and things meshed from there.

BTW this is not a GUILD Oriented game.  This is a Realm Game.    Every Activity in the game is accessable to anyone regardless of being in a guild or with the guild running it.  Want to Siege on a keep? A guild less player can easily watch the chat channels or start up a roaving band to go after a keep or simply help a guild thats already sieging on one take it.  No one can tell you "you can't fight here we're fighting here"   If they want to siege on the city they can...there is NO activity other than Claiming the keep or using the Viper Pit / Guild Hall that is guilds only.  

I think you perhaps are the one mistaken skydragonren.  Being a guild makes things easier and opens up a few more options but not being in a guild doesnt' punish you.  Its not like other games where you can't do this or can't do taht or can't do end game if your not in a guild.   City sieging is not a guild activity its a realm activity, it'll be spear headed by guilds and alliances but alot of solo people are going to show up and group up too.

Sigh, this is the problem with WAR right here.....

I don't really have to say much else.

The Solo player had no business playing DAoC.... and they have no business playing WAR..... It is pretty much as simple as that.

In 7 years of playing DAoC I never once.... that is right not once did I see a player in the frontiers without a guild tag below his/her name.

On that note I never once seen a player in frontiers period solo unless it was a stealther, who even then were picking off other lone stealthers or scouting ahead of his guild.

The guilds are the realm. Not Joe Smoe #89217389271301473 doing his Neo thing running around with his sword out trying to be the hero. 

The way your telling it, I need to spend each night trying to cuddle with some random guy out in marsh of madness, getting to know him, holding his hand swaying in the moon light.

I'm sorry but this is WAR. We do have a job to do. My guild is tight. My guild plays to have fun and crush the other side. Not sure about your recruiters but I don't really have 2 years to cuddle 24 players to form a nice tight net group and form a warband.

I speak to people to see if they fit. If they seem like they will fit, I invite them, talk to them over voice chat, and play with them in groups. If they are an ass, guess what I am GM I have kick power. They leave go bye bye, on to the next task at hand.

I am not in WAR to babysit others, I am all about making friends, but I am not gonna lead all possible guild invitees around by the collar doing good deeds all night so they will like me.

In a way it has some to do with numbers, you have to form up a guild. Your guild has to be larger than 6 people if you want to stand a chance against the zerg and you don't have forever to accomplish this goal.

So you take what you can get, and you sort out the bad from the good, and toss the bad back out the door.

You can build a successful guild this way as I have done it in every MMO that has came out in the last 15 years. 300 players PMed 10% asked questions and found it sounded good to them. So I picked up 30 nice like minded members who wanted to be a part of a larger picture. 30 people who wanted to fight for order and play as part of a team. 30 people who seem to mesh pretty well.

I just feel sorry for the other 270 John Rambo's running around. Because they bring our realm down, and our server down with their I can do it all alone attitudes.

Nothing further to say about this crap either. WAR has a horrible community and that is all there is to it.

• kcypher2000kcypher2000 Member Posts: 116
    Originally posted by Netzoko

Hey Mythic, your game is dying and apparently you don't know why. When you take a successful setup (Like Daoc), then join EA and try to copy WoW you get a bloody mess. I'm going to be concise and tell why this game is declining, and will not be a long term success.
    - Failure to create the social aspects of MMOs. (Deep craft systems, social hubs, guild halls and housing, player cities, economy). This game is shallow.
    - Too much dumbing down for the inbreds and WoW players. It's alright to make a complex game, most people like that. This game requires NO skill or intellectual thought to succeed in any way. Even WoW's combat is more diverse, complex, and interesting. They tried to make this game playable for 7 year olds instead of making it satisfying for the true MMO players. Another thing is the utter lack of character customization in talent trees. You basically get 3 choices, all of which don't make the slightest difference, and every class has 1 tree that's totally worthless. Oh, you rolled X class? Pick from these 3 choices for your build! <-- that is not character custimization, its dumbed down crap.
    - Scenarios. Let's make an RvR game, but put Areana games accessable anywhere, anytime, with tons of rewards! Wait, what? Why would people play RvR? I don't blame them for grinding scenarios, War gave them no choice.
    - Poor server planning syndrome. Side effects include massive numbers of empty servers due to poor planning and incompetence. Even on the highest pop servers you walk for hours and never see anyone.
    - Far, far too casual. This isn't a hardcore v casual argument, what I mean is simply that you can't really progress in the game enough. The game caters to the FPS crowd in the sense that you hop in and kill shit, nothing more. In result you get a bunch of foaming at the mouth, instant-gradification players refusing to take the time to organize a keep raid, because they'd rather just quickly do a scenario. Mythic, if you make something very easy to do, and another thing hard to do, what do you think the population will choose? The game is overrun by casuals because the game mechanics force it.
    - Items, money, and it's lack of effect. Mythic could remove items, gold, vendors, and everything associated and the game would honestly not be much different. Items look the same, and barely alter the character. I suppose this was a poorly planned and implemented way of not letting the gear kings pwn everything. The AH is empty, just like the capital cities. Items are worthless, simple as that. This is once again showing like an FPS game. You don't worry about stuff like items, economy, and money.  You get in and kill shit, WAR is just like this. It just isn't the MMO way.

It's obvious that EA wanted a piece of the WoW pie, they made a -somewhat- unique version of WoW, but they don't realize that this saturated MMO market is sick of bullshit. One day EA will realize that they can make tons of money with integirty and quality games instead of regurgitated excrement. Just read these forums, a top notch sandbox MMO would get subs in the millions.

Why  do the sheep applaud a troll who doesn't even think of creating a new innovative post on Wars problems.  All you did is reiterate what every War hater has stated before you.  I would also love to see your facts as to how the game is dying.

You complain about lack of crafting, housing, economy blah blah blah.  Crafting does suck i agree, then again its a waste of time in most games.  Housing? nice feature but you add in housing and whiners like you will just complain that all the guilds just spend their time in houses and not doing what you want them to do. 

You complain about everyone focusing on scenarios while they level, well i'd rather do more instancing to level and have valid optional open world rvr then have an end game like Wow that is dedicated to instancing.  (raids, arenas, bgs....all instanced.  Your entire time at 70/80 will be spent away from the world you leveled in).  And War did give them a choice. Unlike people like you who can't make up their mind some people decide to do scenarios, others decide to do questing.  I personally do both.  If some one from mythic is holding a gun to your head telling you to just play scenarios then log off now and go call the police.

Many games go through the ebb and flow of finding the right server balance.  This game is new, give it time before you whine.  If you are forty already, which i doubt from your post, you will realize its a ghost town at end game right now since most casual players are still leveling.  Guess what, this is true in every new game.  If you were higher you would start to realize that items do start to gain some effects and procs when you are at the end of tier 4.  Then again since you are probably level 8 i doubt you'd know that.

The biggest convincing point that you are a troll is claiming that Wow has more intricate combat than this game.  That is the most confused fan boy defense in your entire post.  Wows combat is very simple.  No matter what class you are you just have to spam 1 to 4 buttons and occasonally hit a trinket and use a cooldown.  The rest of your abilities are useless and most fight outcomes will be determined by gear not skill.

Btw if you don't like the game, then don't play it.  Save your money.  There are things in this game i hate, crashes to desktop, the mailing system, some collision detection on terrain etc, getting mail and being forced to use the damn mailing system.  Difference is being constructive or just a troll.  The very "tone" of your post proves that you are not trying to be the former so that only leaves the latter option.

• NetzokoNetzoko Member Posts: 1,271

To clarify, I didn't say War was failing or doomed. I simply meant that the game IS declining, just look at the populations and amount of people who did not sub after the free month. This is evidence, not opinion.

On the subject of guilds, we too have had tough times recruiting. But in their defense, there really isn't much reason to join a guild. People in MMOs join guilds to have people to play with. With scenarios, PQs, and ORvR, there are people everywhere to play with removing the need for a guild.

-------------------------

• UrrellesUrrelles Member Posts: 574

On the point of guilds talked abotu earlier.  I won't join a guild just because someone ask me.  I join guilds after I group with a guild member for some time and really enjoy my time with that memeber.  Then I'll join their guild.  Most of the time when I do this method, I get into a guild that I can really interact with.

• kcypher2000kcypher2000 Member Posts: 116

To clarify, I didn't say War was failing or doomed. I simply meant that the game IS declining, just look at the populations and amount of people who did not sub after the free month. This is evidence, not opinion.
    On the subject of guilds, we too have had tough times recruiting. But in their defense, there really isn't much reason to join a guild. People in MMOs join guilds to have people to play with. With scenarios, PQs, and ORvR, there are people everywhere to play with removing the need for a guild.

Learn to read your own post "Mythic your game is dying..."   Btw only a real War fan boy would not admit that the game will take a large hit with the upcoming release of WOTLK.  Hell even mythic themselves admitted they are expecting a hit from that.  The game expired on me because it never asked for my credit info when i created my account, wouldn't be surprised if that happened to others as well.

So let me get this straight earlier, you post complaining that everyone just does scenarios.  Now you complain that you don't need a guild because its easy to find people every where to do scenarios, pqs and orvr?  Sounds like the game is doing fine to me!

When Wow first came out all the EQ fan boys would troll the game saying it was going to be a niche game for blizzard fans and die.  Wow succeeded because it created a fun and polished but not perfect game.  While War may never kill Wow it is riding in the same boat Wow was when it launched.  It took everything Wow has that made it successful and trying to do it better.  Its still far from perfect but it has a lot of potential. 

If you really want to claim a game dyingthen wait a year, lets compare the state of the games after WOTLK and War have both had time to mature.  Personally im going to stick it out with War a while because im in WOTLK beta and think it feels somewhat rushed and just a recycle of WOW-BC.  One new BG can only hold over my lust for pvp for so long.

• crysomorecrysomore Member Posts: 21

Hmm amazing.  A war detracter's thread wasn't flammed by fanboys multiple times on first page.  Looks like people are slowly coming around and seeing what a lot of us projected and didn't care for in the beta. 

One of the bloggers hit it right on the head.  EA is buying up potential innovators and letting them die--maybe not on purpose but that's what's happening.  I believe warhammer had real promise in the beginning. EA seems to be just relying on muscle, insane marketing, and shrewd business right now and smart gamers should stay away.  I'm not sure if they'll recover and give us something fresh like battlefield again but who knows.

As far as mmo's?  I realized finally that I don't need a replacement.  I feel like a sucker thinking about buying wrath only to do it all over again and have little respect for some of blizzards decisions lately--hoping they don't go the way of other big developers.  Nope, I'm enjoying going back to classical gaming: single play rpg and online FPS... and I got my humanity back.  Cheers.

• TheBrewerTheBrewer Member Posts: 110
    Originally posted by skydragonren

Its not a very personal level if you just send them a random tell.  A personal level would be making friends with them, hanging out and grouping for a while.  Chatting being social not some random X tell.   I don't suggest anyone to my guild unless I've hung with them even if its for just a few hours or a few days.  We also dont' send realm invite messages its tended to net us nothing but trouble.   

The tell is to initiate conversation.

I do not accept people off a "sure" response. If I get a "sure" response I always reply with a "shouldn't I tell you more about the guild first"

I almost always have to explain our guild because it isn't a typical take everyone guild. It is a racial guild for dwarves only.

The other 10% from that 100% I mentioned earlier will usually ask "Sure, but could you tell me more about your guild."

This opens up the conversation phase and allows me to get to know them, maybe not how well they can play but at least the type of person they are. I am a very good judge of character. I can tell based off someone's first 2 responses if they are 12 or 23. I can tell if they are mature or kiddish. If they reply like some 12 year old pnwzor gangsta, I let them know they are not what we are looking for.

If the conversation seems to go well off the first few responses, and they like everything I have to say about the guild. Then I send them the invite. Which leads to phase 2 of hopping on vent and getting know everyone. So far everyone who has made it to Ventrilo stage has been well recieved and liked.

The point to my thread is there are way to many solo heroes in WAR right now. Wanting to go at the keep lord alone, they do not need help to take down the hero ++ they got it you just sit back and watch.

Well this just isn't how war was intended to be played. The community needs to come together and start playing as a faction or realm.

In DAoC that is what set it apart from all the others. Realm loyalty, we always loved to see and play with our fellow realmers and loved to play with the guilds around us. WAR has none of that at the moment. It is hurting the game very much.

Reading all your hate posts who would wanna join your flimsy lil guild?

• vidiotkingvidiotking Member Posts: 587

I like WAR, and enjoy logging in to play.  That being said, the OP is right on most points.... I'll prolly play WAR till AION comes out.

• WardropWardrop Member Posts: 462

Op has alot right.

The games quest are point a to point b long walk kill quests... boring.

THe pvp is in scenarios, why cause questing is boring. people want to have fun and pvp, but no open pvping really, and everyone is scenario grinding for the renown and xp.

Sure there are several scenarios but will you play them all... no  why cause everyones playing one scenario in a tier.... boring grind.

Keep seiging was the most disappointing  aspect of warhammer i came across.

Static pads for seiging... no tear down the keeps like in daoc, no you knock the door down and kill the keep lord boom its over thats it.

I remember rolling seige equiptment to the keep hoping we wouldnt get attacked along the way, or fighting to get  it to the keep and breaking down the walls.

You get to the keep and its all layed out for you nothing to surprise you  nothing exciting about it.  They have to stay right there on the designated spot  and hope you can reach what you want to hit, or whom you want to hit... many times the walls in the way so you cant see nothing going on in front of you or there is a guard in the way or a tree and you cant do nothing on that spot, or they are about 5 feet out of range, so you get to sit and fume about the money you wasted on seige item that does nothing to add to the battle.....

I have 4 toons over halfway to max lvl and i dont do quest cause i fall asleep running around. mounts run so damn slow it takes forever to run across the map to click one vase and run all the way back to kill one dude and take his head then run back then run all the damn way back out there to put it on a pike...boring boring boring time sink. thats the questing.

You have to be in a group to pvp... forget soloing anyone...

This game feels like a thrown together game that needed a few more years.

Many skills are usless. Some classes are as well ( MAGUS)....

ID SPELL CHECK BUT IM TIRED, SO YOU GET WHATS HERE. sorry for melting your eyes.

• ChopgobbleChopgobble Member Posts: 3

I have played since open pre-order beta,and levels 1-30 are fun and seemed somewhat balanced But i am growing to hate the game now in T4.

I play a level 38 Witch elf and i have noticed t4 is just horrable..rvr is rare and scen are unblanced due to ranged vs melee.

BW are really stong in t4 in fact they tend to win in damg by more then 50k then number 2 unless of corse there are more bw.

destruction healers have to work harder cause melee get spanked trying to do damg where as order is almost all ranged and there healers can focus on agressive tanks that know they will be healed..a order tank can kill a melee dps in about 10 seconds.

anyway you may not agree but its just not fun for me anymore and ill be going back to wow.

• fiontarfiontar Member UncommonPosts: 3,682

Hey Mythic, your game is dying and apparently you don't know why. When you take a successful setup (Like Daoc), then join EA and try to copy WoW you get a bloody mess. I'm going to be concise and tell why this game is declining, and will not be a long term success.
    - Failure to create the social aspects of MMOs. (Deep craft systems, social hubs, guild halls and housing, player cities, economy). This game is shallow.
    The crafting is deeper than you might realize. You can level up crafting with a properly chosen resource collection craft, but to get the most from your crafting profession requires components that need to be collected by others.
    There are social hubs, expansive capital cities and guild taverns. I do wish we had housing. I also wish the social spaces were more social. We need chairs to sit at, inns with proper atmosphere and more animated emotes.
    The economy is starting to shape up. I do wish that there were more crafting professions. The aspect of the game you are touching on could definitely be better, but it's not as bad as you make out.
    - Too much dumbing down for the inbreds and WoW players. It's alright to make a complex game, most people like that. This game requires NO skill or intellectual thought to succeed in any way. Even WoW's combat is more diverse, complex, and interesting. They tried to make this game playable for 7 year olds instead of making it satisfying for the true MMO players. Another thing is the utter lack of character customization in talent trees. You basically get 3 choices, all of which don't make the slightest difference, and every class has 1 tree that's totally worthless. Oh, you rolled X class? Pick from these 3 choices for your build! <-- that is not character custimization, its dumbed down crap.
    This game actually gets this right. It's simple to pick up, but there is a lot more depth than you give it credit for. In just about every class I've played, there is a large difference between that class being played well and being played poorly. I feel like my decisions make more of a difference in this game than most MMORPGs I've played.
    I wish there was more variety in armor appearance, but I understand the compromise made in visual variety to allow for massive battles at decent performance.
    As far as character development, you have your class mastery paths, your Realm Trainer bonus progressions, talisman choices, gear choices and play style.
    You also have tome unlocks, which can earn you character bonuses, special tactics and items.
    - Scenarios. Let's make an RvR game, but put Areana games accessable anywhere, anytime, with tons of rewards! Wait, what? Why would people play RvR? I don't blame them for grinding scenarios, War gave them no choice.
    There are clear benefits for organized, world RvR. The success of this content depends on the players;  individuals and guilds need to catch up with the game.
    There are indications Mythic is working to further "incentivize" world RvR. Eventually, the player base will catch on. It was months in WoW before spontaneous world RvR battles started to form. Here a much better framework is in place.
    If Mythic can balance the rewards so that world RvR is always at least as rewarding for time spent as scenarios, the transition will be much easier.
    - Poor server planning syndrome. Side effects include massive numbers of empty servers due to poor planning and incompetence. Even on the highest pop servers you walk for hours and never see anyone.
    I Agree that the server rollout strategy was a failure. However, unlike other companies that stick their heads in the sand and pretend there aren't problems, Mythic is actively addressing this.
    Currently, XP and RP bonuses to balance populations; soon free transfers from currently light and heavy population servers to the medium ones. Although there is no formal announcement, that they will encourage people to jump ship on "ghost servers" seems to suggest that some of those servers may be retired.
    - Far, far too casual. This isn't a hardcore v casual argument, what I mean is simply that you can't really progress in the game enough. The game caters to the FPS crowd in the sense that you hop in and kill shit, nothing more. In result you get a bunch of foaming at the mouth, instant-gradification players refusing to take the time to organize a keep raid, because they'd rather just quickly do a scenario. Mythic, if you make something very easy to do, and another thing hard to do, what do you think the population will choose? The game is overrun by casuals because the game mechanics force it.
    Definitely casual friendly, but a lot of depth to appeal to hard core players. Many tome unlocks require some hard core effort and dedication. There are difficult things that require hard core organization and cooperation. How "hardcore" is someone who will not do something that's hard, because there are other options that are easy? The logic escapes me.
    - Items, money, and it's lack of effect. Mythic could remove items, gold, vendors, and everything associated and the game would honestly not be much different. Items look the same, and barely alter the character. I suppose this was a poorly planned and implemented way of not letting the gear kings pwn everything. The AH is empty, just like the capital cities. Items are worthless, simple as that. This is once again showing like an FPS game. You don't worry about stuff like items, economy, and money.  You get in and kill shit, WAR is just like this. It just isn't the MMO way.
     That's just completely wrong. Gear matters. On my server, the AH is far from empty. If you don't understand what a difference gear makes, it's your failure, not the game's.
    It's obvious that EA wanted a piece of the WoW pie, they made a -somewhat- unique version of WoW, but they don't realize that this saturated MMO market is sick of bullshit. One day EA will realize that they can make tons of money with integirty and quality games instead of regurgitated excrement. Just read these forums, a top notch sandbox MMO would get subs in the millions.
    I want a truly great sandbox game as well, but unfortunately it seems that the audience is more niche than millions. It's also a very fickle niche.
    IMO, WAR is one of the best MMORPGs on the market. As a jaded MMORPG vet, it's also the first entry in a long while where the first month went by very fast, my interest has not waned and I can see I've barely scratched the surface of what the game has to offer.
    I personally want to see more dungeons at the lower tiers, more incentives for world RvR and better balance to RP rewards. Enhancements to the social friendly aspects would be welcome as would more crafting skills. These things can all be added over time. For now, I'm very happy with the foundation the game offers to build upon.

Want to know more about GW2 and why there is so much buzz? Start here: Guild Wars 2 Mass Info for the Uninitiated

• RavkeenRavkeen Member UncommonPosts: 310

I'm not even going to rant on what you said because it really don't matter. Just read the sig.

Hi I'm Ravkeen! image

Emilia_Emi Lvl 56 Witch
    Now Playing : Black Desert Online
    "America is not at war, the US Military is at war, America is at the mall."

• JahosefatJahosefat Member UncommonPosts: 50

WAR is BORING.....

that is all

Blackthorne Legend Gaming | Join Us! Jahosefat - Deckhand of Blackthorne

• starman999starman999 Member Posts: 1,232

Im playing WAR because its the best thing I can find right now. The OP is correct though. This plays more like a FPS than an MMO. I dont really care about my character, his stuff , the guild, the keeps or anything else in the game. its just a shallow zerg grind of scenarios and mediocre PVE mixed with a horrible community and no character customization whatsoever.

If this is the future of MMOs I will just go back to single player RPGs. When I can get a more open and immersive feeling from Oblivion than an MMO there is something wrong. When developers create game mechanics which discourage social behavior they are making an anti MMO.

Critical thinking is a desire to seek, patience to doubt, fondness to meditate, slowness to assert, readiness to consider, carefulness to dispose and set in order; and hatred for every kind of imposture.

• madmax286madmax286 Member Posts: 36

You're asking for something different from what you're being offered here mate. In this sense I truly think Warhammer or any other game that follows the same principles will not be to your liking.

Look, if someone wants to go buy a refridgerator, he goes and buys a refridgerator, not an oven. Because they are both placed in the kitchen, doesn't mean they will do the same job. In this regard, warhammer is not a sandbox game and was never advertised as one. Do not expect the game to play out acording to your needs since you are buying the wrong product.

I will agree with you with on only one point you made. The server deployment was poorly designed. Yes, it was. Critical mass is important in this game. This is why you see people on high/med servers having a good experience and people on low servers complaining....... The developer has acknowledged this and is taking steps in amending the experience of people playing on low population servers.

Fiontar's comments cover my views as far as the rest of your post goes.

Peace.

• TerranahTerranah Member UncommonPosts: 3,575

I let my free month run out and cancelled.  I may renew though if I start to feel the urge to play again though. There were some things about the game I liked, but they weren't enough to hold my sub. 

Things I disliked:

!) Order losing in pvp disproportionately.  It wasn't fun losing 9 out of 10 scenarios. 

2) Except on weekends, the server seemed sparsely populated, despite the low, medium, high server pop designation.

3) Zones.  I prefer a more seemless experience, even if it is an illusion.

4) Regions felt narrow and claustrophobic. 

5) Lack of community.  I joined a guild, but then ran into the problem of guild members of other races needing help and having to spend 30 minutes running across a zone to a flight point, then running from a flight point across a zone.  Summon me already...

6) Not enough RVR.  In my first server it seemed like Destro had all the keeps all the time and I couldn't upgrade my gear.  In my next server not enough people were participating in RVR.  That left quests which were pretty much solo and scenarios in which I was grouped but felt very impersonal.

7) Not much RP.

8) Crafting didn't really grab me.

Like I said, I might resub.  But right now I am playing Saints Row 2 and Star Wars the Force Unleashed, plus training for a half marathon and working too.  So I don't know.

• Originally posted by Netzoko

Agree 100%, It says alot about the people who enjoy this game, basically any dumbass redneck can be great at this game, it takes no thought, planning, or skill, no wonder so many say u basically have to be s simple minded bafoon to truly enjoy the ignorance of this game. (FPS anyone?)

• GetalifeGetalife Member CommonPosts: 786

And calling everyone dumbass redneck certainly proves you have a superior taste. OK

• lath456lath456 Member Posts: 92

- Too much dumbing down for the inbreds and WoW players. It's alright to make a complex game, most people like that. This game requires NO skill or intellectual thought to succeed in any way.

Fail.  Social aspects including crafting?  Yes, because we form knitting groups!  lol.  Housing has NEVER EVER BEEN NECESSARY in any MMORPG.  Player run cities?  Are there ANY popular MMOGs out there with that?

Social aspects would be things like ... grouping to do quests, PQs, dungeons, grind groups...  Instead this game is completely soloable - in terms you can get 1-40 without ever getting to know anyone.  Sure you may group up in RvR, but nobody is interested in chit-chat while trying to win.

The quests are designed to be silly easy.  It's actually annoying -- frustrating to run to a certain spot, kill 1 or 2 things and then run half way across the zone, kill another 1 or 2 things, then return for my reward.   So they have influence rewards where I kill the same 1 or 2 things hundreds and hundreds of times... wtf make up your minds.  There's no middle ground.

Complexity...  This game is plenty complex, there are way too many buttons to be mashing, I hate it.  It reminds me of EQ2 where you just kinda... mash everything as soon as it pops up from the cool down.. and there are 5203723495 buttons to watch.  You're not playing a game, you're mashing buttons and calling it DPS.  It's annoying and no fun IMO.

People don't necessarily want instant gratification... I'd go with Scenarios because they are "safer"... guaranteed xp, guaranteed time frame of how long it will take, guaranteed that some people won't suddenly have to leave and the entire thing bust before it gets to the keep.

You, obviously, lack a sense of what the tiers are supposed to be and do - if you're complaining about how gear looks.  Are you even past level 10 yet?  Geesh.

• QuagliaQuaglia Member Posts: 60
    Originally posted by Zsavooz

Originally posted by JonMichael

You want hard core?  Try real life.  That's hard core enough for most of us. We look to mmo's and gaming for FUN.

well stated...

absolutely agree

• JetrpgJetrpg Member UncommonPosts: 2,347

Howz about cuz u sayz so?

Ou kami sama

"Society in every state is a blessing, but government even in its best state is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one ..." - Thomas Paine

• RaztorRaztor Member Posts: 670
    Originally posted by lath456

Complexity...  This game is plenty complex, there are way too many buttons to be mashing, I hate it.  It reminds me of EQ2 where you just kinda... mash everything as soon as it pops up from the cool down.. and there are 5203723495 buttons to watch.  You're not playing a game, you're mashing buttons and calling it DPS.  It's annoying and no fun IMO.

lol

• duanermcduanermc Member Posts: 38

First off I'm not a fan of the game and I didnt resubscribe.  With all due respect to the OP.  Mark J for at least two years has been shouting, "It's all about war.  24 hour war.  Killing and war, nothing more." 

So, the game comes out and you're miffed it's only about killing and war?

• KokushibyouKokushibyou Member UncommonPosts: 230
    Originally posted by Blodpls

Originally posted by Rubakai 

What i dont agree with is most people's idea at this site about "sandbox" games, like that is some sort of idea..."make a sandbox game it will be brilliant and millions will subscribe". Thats rubbish, that is not an idea, and will not happen anytime soon. You have to have boundaries to a game, some form of goal and the quicker people realise this and strive for other ways to achieve this the better. I dont want a company to just chuck as many half-baked ideas into a game so someone can "do loads of things"

I don't think you are really understanding what people mean by a sandbox game.  Sandbox have boundries and goals.  Its just that the goals are player made not directed by the game design. 

The designers are making a world simulation and you decide what you do in it yourself.  Maybe it's to craft a large frigate and then use it to sail around exploring, maybe it's to set up a in game crafting business, maybe it's to take down large boss mobs, maybe you want to dominate a certain section of the game map with your guild, maybe you want to run around fighting random people just the hell of it. 

The point is that there are plenty of things to do but you decide exactly what it is you want to do and that there are a lot of options. 

You do not have a story line given to you by the devs that you follow, for example do this series of quests until you get to max level and then do the following raids, instead there is a world with a lot of interesting activities in it to do with what you want.   

There are a lot sandbox games that are very succesful both within and outside of the mmorpg genre. The problem is that designers have not made any good sandbox mmorpgs for long time and instead have opted for the guided story route.

You just described Vanguard...now is that really what you want?

• IAmMMOIAmMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,462
    Originally posted by pixeldogmeat

The problem with Warhammer and all the other online games that have come out in the last 2 years are the FO ( forum online ) players who constantly come here and talk sh1t about every game that comes out.
    Seriously, play the game you like and leave the rest of us alone.

But, in this day an age you don't know if it's just some bored teenager, or viral employee's who're paid by X to promote positive or negative word of mouth posing as players. This site is a favourite of theirs.