Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DnL 2.0 Rumour

2»

Comments

• indiramournindiramourn Member UncommonPosts: 884

Yep.  Cholayna, hasn't lost her touch yet. 

• Keeper2000Keeper2000 Member UncommonPosts: 637

I am amazed that there are people defending this hoax.

• AnsgarIsenAnsgarIsen Member Posts: 118

I highly doubt there ever will be anything like DnL2.

The reason for that is the same reason that I see for the total failure of DnL1: It's not the idea of the game or the individuals writing the code, it's the utter lack of anything close to (project) management.

The game never had "potential", - the ideas had. too bad there was no one in charge that had the slightest idea of how to conduct a project like this on the higher level. If you look at the outcome, you will actually see tha major part of the ideas being implemented, which is highly uncommon in MMO development and which also made so many players fall for it and stick with it over a time much longer than the game, especially the NP3 and Farlan, ever deserved.

It's just that all those features, many of them being unique in the MMO sector till today, all were broken. Each and every feaure, each bit of technology is partially broken and/or unfinished, including Pix's contribution.

One of the first things you'll learn in management is that bad management on the top level will have the habit to clone itself on the lower levels. That's why you'll never fix a broken company by sacking employees on the lower levels to the mid management. As long as the top level stays imcompetent, unethical or just bad in various ways, things won't change with replacing others.

Adding to that is the problem that self centered people most likely won't exactly hire perfect team player nor interface the ones they actually get properly.

The surely visionary, yet imcompetent and selfish heads of DnL obviously managed to gather well enough fitting company. The conglomerate of self centered individual players never really manged to get into the team focus, leading to a huge load of bits and pieces, that would actually make a great game, - if they weren't nailed together in the sloppy way they are.

It amazes me how much the game is still polarizing people. Most of those still feeling the need to discuss it in forums are highly emotional till today, needing to support one side or the other.

I follwed that game a long time and stuck with it longer than many others, yet never was anything like a fan. Coming from the beta, I perfectly knew what I'd be into, willing to take the plunge and see how things will work out. Amazing to see then, how especially those that were the biggest fans for a while, neglecting and flaming any remarks to get them down to earth a bit, turned sides and became the biggest haters.

In this pityful case I won't take any sides. Everbody involved in the project had his part in the utter failure and don't see any team player that ever really contributed in a way that would make him deserve praise or the pseudo religious treatment certain fellows here bring forth.

Maybe there were some in the background, but unfortunately those will be the nameless that actually really did their part before burning out or being sacked in the end. - It's the most vocal ones that were doing the harm.

The law cases won't see any 100% percent winner or looser, if not for a lawyer being bored to death with the crap thrown at him by everybody involved and rolling a dice.

The good news is that, no matter the outcome, the MMO community will win in the end. Everybody involved in this mess that still is prominent will never be touched by anyone in the industry again.

• jimmyman99jimmyman99 Member UncommonPosts: 3,221
    Originally posted by Zorvan

mackdawg19, I wouldn't worry. This HAS to be a joke thread.

Because NOONE could be this dumb..............................

HA. I wouldnt bet on that!

One of my motto's at work: "Do not underestimate the stupidity of your customer."

Seriously, Ive worked as a CSR for the past 5 years and I've seen so much stupidity that Im beginning to be afraid for hte future of the human kind. I've even had crazy ideas to pass a law requiring anyone with IQ lower then, lets say 90, to be forcefully sterilized. Im that concerned for the human kind.

I am the type of player where I like to do everything and anything from time to time.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holodomor - pre-WW2 genocide.
    imageimage

• Originally posted by ZtyX

It's unlike any other game I've tried.

I along with thousands of other people who were ripped off said the exact same thing.

You still getting people banned from the forums at DnL Must be getting close to a thousand by now.

• cronogrcronogr Member Posts: 1

Hi guys, im a former dnl gamer, from the time of beta i was thinking that this game has potential and it will be the best mmorpg despite the bugs, so i made the mistake to preorder the game and then the problem and the hate for this game start. They postpone the release of the game 3-4 times before they actually release it the fans where angry so do i we wer expecting this game for 3 years and they gave us a game worse than the beta the client was unstable couldn't even load and even if u made it inside the game u could do nothing the mobs wer overpowered u couldn't move from one city to another and many many bugs most of the people wher charged more than the actual cost of the game some asked for refund some got it some other never even seen it. Everyday people wer leaving from the game i stayed for aproximately 4-5months until i was alone in the game a world so huge with less than 200-300 gamers. I'm sure that the developers wer aware of what was going on so in a point they lowered the monthly cost and some time later after i quit the game i learned that is free to play ...

Well in my opionion (that i think it represents most of the dnl gamers) they swnidle us for the money and then they dump us and let us "playing" the worst mmo ever made

So what dnl2 are u talking about ??? They still haven't released dnl1 they still haven't go beyoned the beta edition of the firstone now they want to go to a secondone ???

Don't be fulled guys...

• IKShadowIKShadow Member UncommonPosts: 783

To bad I lost my interest here, reading this topic bring some nice memories.

Futilez[Do You Have What It Takes ?]

• alakramalakram Member UncommonPosts: 2,301
    Originally posted by Meyithi

If you didn't already know, there us is a rumour that DnL 2.0 is 70% complete and hopes to fix all that is wrong with the current game.
    www.darkandlight.com/forum/showthread.php
    Notice there's been no dev denials at all...
    I'd just like to say that I never thought anybody would be so stupid to fall for the same lie twice, actually that's a lie, but it still feels it's my duty to point out the idiocy of it.
    Will there be pre-orders to DnL 2.0?  Can Np3 pull off the same con again? Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on ME.
    I think they can - the fools are waiting on the sidelines, how sad is that?

• angelsfangangelsfang Member Posts: 93
    Originally posted by IKShadow

To bad I lost my interest here, reading this topic bring some nice memories.

Not so nice memories for me.   "Godslap"    the beta client looked like a friggin debug demo.

• Artjom2Artjom2 Member Posts: 20
    Originally posted by Cholayna

Originally posted by ZtyX

How was PiX incompetent? It was the owners of DnL that were incompetent. They stripped a guy of his job and thought they could use his code and knew what to do with it. They themselves screwed up the game by not knowing how to code. If you look at PiX's recent projects you can clearly see he knows how to program and is pretty good at it. DnL 2.0 will be yet another joke on the MMO community. Theirs a reason they have to remove the code, they lost the battle. (Or at least mostly lost) Either way , the company is a joke and should be taken down. Why must they keep thinking people will play into their scam.

PIX was a bad programmer and his code was a mess. I know this because I read a journal made by PIX's former partner. PIX was originally in the food business. He is a business man and he is no passionate programmer. At least he wasn't back then and so he wasn't as skilled as other people in that field. His friend on the other hand was. I think his name is Campion. That's from the top of my head. .. But anyway. When PIX split with Campion he took the technology they had worked on and he left his lifelong friend Campion in the dust because PiX wanted to live on Reunion island in the sun with his wife. Campion stayed back in France and he also kept the engine they had developed. But, PIX was so bad at programming that the new person - an expert Campion hired (another friend) simply could not continue working on it. Only PIX could work with his mess code. And that is the truth. Pix worked with the programmer who was to replace PIX, but the code was so messed up and badly organized that only PIX could work with it. .. Campion's friend came into his office and just said it. Plain and simple. He could not work with PIX's code. It was a total mess.

And that is really the truth. And what happened later with Dark and LIght is actually just karma kicking Pix's butt. Also.. In Dark And Light that same engine was used. So when he left the project the others could not continue working on it efficiently! Pix was the one working with it.. That is why so many features had to be taken out of the game. And that is what they are struggling with now. They need to replace PIX's work with a code that they can actually work with.

The DnL devs appeared incompetent for the people who didn't know. .. But, if you know Phillipe Campion (yea I think that was his name). If you know his story and have followed Dark and LIght. Then you know these things about what happened. .. So yes. He was incompetent and a bad friend who left behind his partner Campión. And he left Vuuar and all the people who were dreaming about a big and immersive online world. ... I still hope they succeed. Now they are without this guy Pix. Snailgames is a competent Chinese company. They are passionate and.. well. Things might come around after all! Im positive :)

Ya know? I got an entirely different idea from reading that diary page that you seem to profess is absolute proof and absolute truth.

I got the picture that this other guy, Campion?, was riding on Pix's back. He sounded more like a greedy money hungry go-boy than a "competent programmer". Seems to me this guy is disgruntled that he wasnt able to continue to ride the tech wagon Pix had produced. He even stated himself, he saw it more as a "money machine" than anything else.

Seems to me you are also missing some very important legal actions that occured that shed light on this very disgruntled and greedy man. In fact, the word "thief" comes to mind........ but you really should do your own homework --- there are legal papers you can take a look at that may just PROVE another side.

Seems to me karma has already kicked his greedy little butt and Farlan is eating up the roots of their own garden of deceit.

Then again, for someone to completely disregard what a court of law has already said, guess you wouldnt believe in the integrity of the law courts to find the truth anyhow. Ya know? Acceptance of things you cannot change is a very noble act.

.... Well, you know what? You are also known to be a total hater. So what do I care what you have to say about this? You are so far up Pix's .... , you don't know it.

Originally posted by mackdawg19

Originally posted by ZtyX

How was PiX incompetent? It was the owners of DnL that were incompetent. They stripped a guy of his job and thought they could use his code and knew what to do with it. They themselves screwed up the game by not knowing how to code. If you look at PiX's recent projects you can clearly see he knows how to program and is pretty good at it. DnL 2.0 will be yet another joke on the MMO community. Theirs a reason they have to remove the code, they lost the battle. (Or at least mostly lost) Either way , the company is a joke and should be taken down. Why must they keep thinking people will play into their scam.

PIX was a bad programmer and his code was a mess. I know this because I read a journal made by PIX's former partner. PIX was originally in the food business. He is a business man and he is no passionate programmer. At least he wasn't back then and so he wasn't as skilled as other people in that field. His friend on the other hand was. I think his name is Campion. That's from the top of my head. .. But anyway. When PIX split with Campion he took the technology they had worked on and he left his lifelong friend Campion in the dust because PiX wanted to live on Reunion island in the sun with his wife. Campion stayed back in France and he also kept the engine they had developed. But, PIX was so bad at programming that the new person - an expert Campion hired (another friend) simply could not continue working on it. Only PIX could work with his mess code. And that is the truth. Pix worked with the programmer who was to replace PIX, but the code was so messed up and badly organized that only PIX could work with it. .. Campion's friend came into his office and just said it. Plain and simple. He could not work with PIX's code. It was a total mess.

And that is really the truth. And what happened later with Dark and LIght is actually just karma kicking Pix's butt. Also.. In Dark And Light that same engine was used. So when he left the project the others could not continue working on it efficiently! Pix was the one working with it.. That is why so many features had to be taken out of the game. And that is what they are struggling with now. They need to replace PIX's work with a code that they can actually work with.

The DnL devs appeared incompetent for the people who didn't know. .. But, if you know Phillipe Campion (yea I think that was his name). If you know his story and have followed Dark and LIght. Then you know these things about what happened. .. So yes. He was incompetent and a bad friend who left behind his partner Campión. And he left Vuuar and all the people who were dreaming about a big and immersive online world. ... I still hope they succeed. Now they are without this guy Pix. Snailgames is a competent Chinese company. They are passionate and.. well. Things might come around after all! Im positive :)

Wow, just plain WOW! I don't even know if I want to comment at all on this or not, because obviously you have been living in some dream world. You must have missed the fact that Farlan/NPCube has been caught lying over and over again. It wasn't PiX's fault they couldn't code over his work, it was their fault they had hired brainless coders. Just take a small step back and look at VG. Even in its coded buginess, they found half ass's at Sony who could code over it. And thats without any scripting tools. So even if PiX's programming code was a mess, what does that say about them? Exactly what I thought, as stated above, quit drinking the kool-aid. It has no sugar, or as we say, SUBSTANCE!

You have no idea what a messy code really means, do you? Programming can be done so badly that barely you can understand what the hell is going on.

Originally posted by ZtyX2

Zorvan. I think you are the one who lived in a pidgeonhole, not I. The verdict was merely a fine for NP3 because they made the mistake of sueing Pix for damaging their relations with some partners. .. It shows nothing else. .. The court didn't treat the real subject here the right way. The real subject being whether Pix has a right to be credited for his crappy coding skills or not. And he doesnt. This is something we will see in end of 2008. Just wait, Zorvan. Np3cube will win that lawsuit.
    Try looking at the regular case AFTER that, where Farlan?NPcube tried once again to stall the case, only this time the court gave a fatass NO. They're actions in both cases have finally worn on the courts patience. So no, they don't have a snowballs' chance in hell of winning.

By the way, alt accounts aren't allowed here. You know the rules.

That court decision means nothing, Zorvan. MMORPG.COM community has blown that lawsuit out of proportion. What really means something is the case being settled late this month. We shall see what comes out of it. .. The other was a small countersuit which mildly fined Farlan because it was a shakey lawsuit. 

In my opinion, it was worth trying and they stalled the case. Which is fine. Pix wanted to play courtroom, well he got it.. As a result they have been at war in the court. I can understand why Vuuar got mad and decided to sue him back. There was a chance things could have gone another way. Obviously. But the main point was to piss off Pix. And its not like that fine means anything. ..

The counter suit was not his sloppy development skills. Or him leaving at a crucial time. They sued him for being an asshole and deterorating their image. Thats entirely different.

Originally posted by Cholayna

Originally posted by ZtyX2

Zorvan. I think you are the one who lived in a pidgeonhole, not I. The verdict was merely a fine for NP3 because they made the mistake of sueing Pix for damaging their relations with some partners. .. It shows nothing else. .. The court didn't treat the real subject here the right way. The real subject being whether Pix has a right to be credited for his crappy coding skills or not. And he doesnt. This is something we will see in end of 2008. Just wait, Zorvan. Np3cube will win that lawsuit.
    Try looking at the regular case AFTER that, where Farlan?NPcube tried once again to stall the case, only this time the court gave a fatass NO. They're actions in both cases have finally worn on the courts patience. So no, they don't have a snowballs' chance in hell of winning.

By the way, alt accounts aren't allowed here. You know the rules.

Bah, let it go Zorv.

"Zytx's" schtick is getting old and tiring. Not even worth acknowledging anymore. 

Heh, he's trying to hold up Dark and Light and Darkfall both as shining examples of good devs over in the Darkfall forums.

Yes, Zorvan. And they fucking are.

I admire progressive people who do things differently and go against the stream. It gives us mmo players something else than stupid wow games.

I just get depressed from reading more of the replies in this thread...

You are all forgetting so much of what DnL really was. .. Cholayna is claiming that the game was broken in all other ways than what Pix was working with. Pix is claiming his lifelong friend Campion is a lier and that he never used to work in the food sector, when the journal clearly stated so. No, Pix. You weren't a chef. You were a manager of some sort.

Zorbane is calling me crazy and there is just a bad attitude and a misinformation about what the game really was.

Because, it was not that broken.

We had problems with client stability. Provoked crashes. This became much better with patches.

FPS was low on high end machines. This also improved through time. But, it was playable and never really felt that bad. Even on my machine with at x800.

There were problems with quest items obtained from mobs. Other than that quests were working.

The world felt empty. Yes, but it was also big.

Kingdoms were locked, because they weren't finished. It made people angry.

look.. Im just going to make a new thread about this.

• CholaynaCholayna Member Posts: 1,604
    Originally posted by Artjom2

I just get depressed from reading more of the replies in this thread...

You are all forgetting so much of what DnL really was. .. Cholayna is claiming that the game was broken in all other ways than what Pix was working with. Pix is claiming his lifelong friend Campion is a lier and that he never used to work in the food sector, when the journal clearly stated so. No, Pix. You weren't a chef. You were a manager of some sort.
    Zorbane is calling me crazy and there is just a bad attitude and a misinformation about what the game really was.
    Because, it was not that broken.

We had problems with client stability. Provoked crashes. This became much better with patches.
    FPS was low on high end machines. This also improved through time. But, it was playable and never really felt that bad. Even on my machine with at x800.
    There were problems with quest items obtained from mobs. Other than that quests were working.
    The world felt empty. Yes, but it was also big.
    Kingdoms were locked, because they weren't finished. It made people angry.
    look.. Im just going to make a new thread about this.

Ayup.

But...um...er.....what was broken in the VWORLD work? Seems to me your 'big world" is the answer to one problem....nobody played.

And nobody played because the quests were broken, the armor was broken, the weapons were broken, the crafting was broken, the content was non-existent, kingdoms were locked because they werent finished....the whole dang game wasnt finished....yet they charged a premuim price..promised bs..gave nothing....until they were FORCED to offer it f2p. 1 outta 10 could get it to run on their puters.....thats because they were willing to change MOST of their current settings and configs just to play this one game....most good gamers wouldnt even THINK about having to mess with their tweaks.

So yeh, according to this post...nothing wrong with the game...just borked quests, content, unfinished areas, instability and new patches that broke other things.

Ayup.

• JohnnyCacheJohnnyCache Member Posts: 96

I am a programmer, and ewe suck