Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

It's over for FoM - shut down end of this month

2»

Comments

• JizzmanJizzman Member Posts: 2

Originally posted by Vortigon

Early to Mid-Beta this game was the best sandbox MMORPG ever produced PERIOD!  All down the great society and userbase we had back then.

Leading up to release and post-release this was a different game altogether.  Such a shame.

ECD FOREVER! :)

"Best MMO sandbox game ever", sadly despite the length of time I spent in this game, I could never really call it that.

The way I see a sandbox, is an area in which you can create anything you like whenever you like, sort of like second life but with less phallis, and for an MMO"RPG" there should be an overall story to the game which in turn removes some of the sand from the sandbox in the first place.

What FoM gave you was the ability to type, and reasons not to go around killing people 24/7 because of the consequences it had. Therfore it was more of a social sandbox rather than an actual sandbox as the ability to manipulate the world around you was next to nothing.

FoM ended up failing for numerous reasons, but in part due to lack of things to do, devs expecting players to create fun 24/7 is inevitably going to fall in on itself.

• PoisonIvy84PoisonIvy84 Member Posts: 50

Originally posted by Jizzman

Originally posted by Vortigon

Early to Mid-Beta this game was the best sandbox MMORPG ever produced PERIOD!  All down the great society and userbase we had back then.

Leading up to release and post-release this was a different game altogether.  Such a shame.

ECD FOREVER! :)

"Best MMO sandbox game ever", sadly despite the length of time I spent in this game, I could never really call it that.

The way I see a sandbox, is an area in which you can create anything you like whenever you like, sort of like second life but with less phallis, and for an MMO"RPG" there should be an overall story to the game which in turn removes some of the sand from the sandbox in the first place.

What FoM gave you was the ability to type, and reasons not to go around killing people 24/7 because of the consequences it had. Therfore it was more of a social sandbox rather than an actual sandbox as the ability to manipulate the world around you was next to nothing.

FoM ended up failing for numerous reasons, but in part due to lack of things to do, devs expecting players to create fun 24/7 is inevitably going to fall in on itself.

This man here Jizzman was one of FOMs greats  and was loved by many.

Love Ivy

• Born2LoseBorn2Lose Member Posts: 1

Hello Ivy

Just making a post here, i hope they make these forums a bit more organized so theirs areas such as offical news and suggestions.

Shame the game is dead but can only hope that Rebirth will end up being decent.

Borny

• PoisonIvy84PoisonIvy84 Member Posts: 50

Originally posted by Born2Lose

Hello Ivy

Just making a post here, i hope they make these forums a bit more organized so theirs areas such as offical news and suggestions.

Shame the game is dead but can only hope that Rebirth will end up being decent.

Borny

Hello 

• aruthamarutham Member Posts: 63

I hope we are going to see a Rebirth of your infamous raging skills in FoM:R Borntoolose?

• IronHeadIronHead Member Posts: 25

I really wish someone would set up a pre-milestone server..  or maybe even a revamped pre-milestone server with milestone graphics? :)  (not a requirement though!!,  maybe then Lucy could even put on her pants backwards again)

or even a current version would be ok..  it would be such a shame for such a great game and concept to die completely

• aruthamarutham Member Posts: 63

Originally posted by IronHead

I really wish someone would set up a pre-milestone server..  or maybe even a revamped pre-milestone server with milestone graphics? :)  (not a requirement though!!,  maybe then Lucy could even put on her pants backwards again)

or even a current version would be ok..  it would be such a shame for such a great game and concept to die completely

Just wait a bit longer and Fom will be back up, The changes are just streamlining some feautres, the only thing being removed totaly is the Justice system

for every person that stayed in pre ms1, 10 quit...(pulled that number out of the air :) ) but just go look at the earliest posts on this forum, there is so many people saying how much fom failed in in ms1 so they are quitting...

As ive said before, in some areas we now have more freedom, we no longer are forced into joining a Faction that has a predefined role.

You start with no afiliation, and choose to or not to make or join a clan..

Groups used to get there money from taking colonys, then doing missions. Now it wll be taking a base, and getting money (elementum) whilst ever you hold the base...The ony real difference there is you dont have to farm missions to get your cash...

• TasakyWakyTasakyWaky Member Posts: 1

ay, it's Tasak. For those of you who remember me, i know you effing hate me. :P

haha i apologize for my childish immature behavior back in the day, but hey, that was me. i've done alot of growing up.

but anyways, this is a damn shame. when i look back at those good ol FOM days, i remember all the good times i had in that game during beta. all the potential, and now it amounts to this? wow. i never would have thought.

• MikeyReignMikeyReign Member Posts: 56

Oh my....Tasak, I remember those days. You getting killed by your FDC cadet recruits. Giving hell to Tomas J Anderson and the other FDC Class Instructors.

Deutscher Spieler failing the exam every time he took it. I think he was the record holder for failing the exam and probably still is.

Early release of this game caused it to fail but it was already failing after MS1.

• JephirJephir Member Posts: 36

I remember the time when BOS got tickets to the Yukon and went in the training class, throwing grenades everywhere. All the trainees exploded.

• z5o3z5o3 Member Posts: 4

Get your ass back to empires jephir!

• EluemEluem Member Posts: 4

I miss FoM so much... /cry... this was the only good MMORPG I ever played... the rest were just boring there is no fun in watching some character go around killing crap for you with no real role playing going on... FoM actually had enjoyable role playing. The game could have used a lot of advancements as far as the combat system and some other interesting things to do while playing but it was a great start... I just wish it could have reached its full potential... :(

• Skree333Skree333 Member Posts: 18

I miss FoM... i wish they would bring it back or at least let players host a server or something...

I've played way to many online games and that was one of the very few that i found fun roleplay and it was scifi making it even better in my mind with fantasy games being everywhere. I hope another game like this letting the players control how alot of it works gets made...

• KabraxisxKabraxisx Member Posts: 5

http://www.nanoverse-online.com

Made by DPS also. Going to be a great game and a lot of FoM's features are going to be in it including how the "players shape the world and story" part of the game. Read the Game Details page.

• tikboitikboi Member Posts: 243
    Originally posted by Skree333

I miss FoM... i wish they would bring it back or at least let players host a server or something...
    I've played way to many online games and that was one of the very few that i found fun roleplay and it was scifi making it even better in my mind with fantasy games being everywhere. I hope another game like this letting the players control how alot of it works gets made...

this game died, a shame. i actually played this game once, a private server, here in my country. i was wowwed, but it didnt turned well. i quitted after like 5 months after.

i hope to see a global server of this.

• grimbojgrimboj Member Posts: 2,102

Why is this game still in the list of released games? I miss ganking roleplayers.

--
    Note: PlayNC will refuse to allow you access to your account if you forget your password and can't provide a scanned image of the product key for the first product you purchased..... LOL

• Superman0XSuperman0X Member RarePosts: 2,292
    Originally posted by grimboj

Why is this game still in the list of released games? I miss ganking roleplayers.

Because everything old is new again?

There is no one left to tell them that this game was closed.

• FOMFOREVERFOMFOREVER Member Posts: 5

Hey Guys Did U Readed On Their Site :

Coming Back Soon !   <---- What Does It Means ?

• ZertyrZertyr Member UncommonPosts: 263

sad, but told my friends that it would not last that long already in beta. good try to!

"Next year in FoM 2!!!"

• AuxerAuxer Member Posts: 115

was about to try the game a while ago, luckey i did not it seems

The tank that is born to tank!