Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So...did anyone make it?

JhustynJhustyn Member UncommonPosts: 109

Just curious....but has anyone become the "Archlord" yet?..

Comments

• hibdibhibdib Member Posts: 13

meh...was not expecting that, made me laugh!

Reminds me when I hit level cap in lotro and exclaimed to my guild that I was the lord of the rings! ....and now I am entertained by things like this

edit: heh just read a little about the game, sounds like a cool idea!

• jugularveinjugularvein Member UncommonPosts: 371

Oh ya there has been archlords.  I remember the first one was IceCube, but after he was named archlord a few months later there was this huge debate cause he did not recieve the armor that was supposed to be given to him.  Not sure if you know what I mean but they had this real life replica armor that was supposed to be rewarded to the first archlord.  Well basically they never gave IceCube his reward (which was worth around 1k), and instead had someone dress up in it for all their functions and promotions.  If I can add my two cents on the game, its a heavy grind.  I enjoyed it for the first 30 some levels then when you started getting .001 percent experience per kill I gave up on it.

Hope that helps ;)

CPU-HP Omen 17.3" Laptop  i7  12 GB AMD Radeon RX580 1 TB Hard Drive

• JhustynJhustyn Member UncommonPosts: 109

Heh.....I thought the concept for the game was cool....too bad the game was lacking.....(at least in my opinion)....I don't mind a grind in a game....but...on this one..I'll pass.

• JackieRyderJackieRyder Member UncommonPosts: 145

this game is ok in my book, but the whole archlord thing, i just dont bother with it

• icetronixicetronix Member UncommonPosts: 1

Well Archlord is a Korean grinder.It is not for the questers,and especially not for those that dislike drama.
    I have played the game for almost two years,and i even came back to it from AoC,EQ2,WoW,SWG,Requiem,EVE,Lineage2,RFO,Silkroad,9Dragons, and more XD
    I do have to say that for a free game with a small player base,it is very fun and CodeMasters do a good job of trying to fix bugs and keep updates in the pipes.After all they are at the mercy of NHN{Developer}.
    As for the Archlord,well yes there has been many many of them.However it is only now in EPIII that they are of real use.With new skills that are very powerful and the ability to resurrect a fallen guild mate,and the fact they can now tax all the castle in the game for 20% makes it worth the time to fight for the crown.
    All in all,if you like grinders with large scale PvP,then you will probably like Archlord

• Zayne3145Zayne3145 Member Posts: 1,448
    Originally posted by jugularvein

Oh ya there has been archlords.  I remember the first one was IceCube, but after he was named archlord a few months later there was this huge debate cause he did not recieve the armor that was supposed to be given to him.  Not sure if you know what I mean but they had this real life replica armor that was supposed to be rewarded to the first archlord.  Well basically they never gave IceCube his reward (which was worth around 1k), and instead had someone dress up in it for all their functions and promotions.  If I can add my two cents on the game, its a heavy grind.  I enjoyed it for the first 30 some levels then when you started getting .001 percent experience per kill I gave up on it.

Hope that helps ;)

Man, talk about getting shafted. Puts some of the other developers into perspective.

• Squal'ZellSqual'Zell Member Posts: 1,803
    Originally posted by jugularvein

Hope that helps ;)

isnt that bait and switch, which is completely illegal to do.

• bobfishbobfish Member UncommonPosts: 1,679

IceCube got his armour, although it was really late he got it. Even saw him in game last week, or at least it was his character.

• PepsipwnzgodPepsipwnzgod Member Posts: 203
    Originally posted by icetronix

Well Archlord is a Korean grinder.It is not for the questers,and especially not for those that dislike drama.

I have played the game for almost two years,and i even came back to it from AoC,EQ2,WoW,SWG,Requiem,EVE,Lineage2,RFO,Silkroad,9Dragons, and more XD

I do have to say that for a free game with a small player base,it is very fun and CodeMasters do a good job of trying to fix bugs and keep updates in the pipes.After all they are at the mercy of NHN{Developer}.

As for the Archlord,well yes there has been many many of them.However it is only now in EPIII that they are of real use.With new skills that are very powerful and the ability to resurrect a fallen guild mate,and the fact they can now tax all the castle in the game for 20% makes it worth the time to fight for the crown.

All in all,if you like grinders with large scale PvP,then you will probably like Archlord

arch lord hasnt been out for 2 years..

-----------------------------
    IVE PLAYED WOW AND LIKED IT SO IM A FANBOI PLZ FLAME MY THREADS CUZ I MIGHT MENTION WOW

• aveignaveign Member Posts: 5
    Originally posted by Pepsipwnzgod

Originally posted by icetronix

arch lord hasnt been out for 2 years..

actually, it has.

and for the archlord title, there have been loads of archlords, a short describtion how to become one:

lead a guild to own a castle(3 castles on each server), once a month you are able to go to a 4th castle from the inside of your own castle, you kill first 1 boss, then breaks into the castle by destroying the gate, then you kill the main boss inside the castle. other guilds from the 2 other castles may interfere.

To the ones saying its a grind fest and they quit @ lvl 30, well yeah it is a total grind fest, though the new server is double exp rate so goes faster there. However you can get to lvl 50 in 1 day with most classes, and lvl 45+ with all classes in 1 day. Its the higher lvls that are hard/boring