Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SW:TOR DISCUSSION

Comments

• ohsofresh42ohsofresh42 Member Posts: 68

alright let the speculation begin when are we going to see this game hit store shelves?

1 year

2 years

3+years?

/discuss

• DeaconXDeaconX Member UncommonPosts: 3,062

http://www.swtor.com/ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why do I write, create, fantasize, dream and daydream about other worlds? Because I hate what humanity does with this one.

BOYCOTTING EA / ORIGIN going forward.

• TridianTridian Member UncommonPosts: 273

not really impressed by the site so far. but ill keep watching the live blog

• ohsofresh42ohsofresh42 Member Posts: 68

has anyone been able to login to the forums there?

• gmmonkeygmmonkey Member Posts: 194

They say it's playable just now. Standard time to make a mmo is 5ish years. They're using a ready made mmorpg engine (hero engine) so that's -1 year. Add on +1.5 year for it being bioware that's making it. Started on it 3 years ago? They always take ages to make things. A year and a half? I'm calling it summer 2010.

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,125
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

I'd love if a mod please moved this thread :)  I'll rename it in a bit but kinda busy reading hehe

Why do I write, create, fantasize, dream and daydream about other worlds? Because I hate what humanity does with this one.

• Flyte27Flyte27 Member RarePosts: 4,574

I'm already a bit worried about this game.  It clearly has Jedi vs Sith, but it also says you can play as other classic Star Wars roles.  That means there will likely be a population of 90% Jedi Sith and 10% of everything else.  That wont make much sense.

• gmmonkeygmmonkey Member Posts: 194

That wasn't a problem in star wars galaxies. It was spread pretty even. On my server anyway. (bria)

Maybe

One thing that sounds neat is you will get to adventure through the MMO with NPC party members like the KOTOR games.  That will be something fairly new to MMORPGs.  Especially in the west.  It also sounds like it will be more story driven then any other MMORPG created so far and it doesn't sound like the standard kill 10 wolves or collect 9 naga heads.

• JKGLJKGL Member UncommonPosts: 38
    Originally posted by Flyte27

I'm already a bit worried about this game.  It clearly has Jedi vs Sith, but it also says you can play as other classic Star Wars roles.  That means there will likely be a population of 90% Jedi Sith and 10% of everything else.  That wont make much sense.

I wouldn't count on it man. I'm planning on being Special Forces.

The idea of having my own squad of troops while I run around with a heavy-duty rifle, stimulates me. lol

• SwaneaSwanea Member UncommonPosts: 2,401

One of my emails, they wont even send me a validation link after 6 or so tries with their email i nthe safe area.

The Gmail I have signed me up, but will not allow me to post. Yet I still se posters on there already . Frustrating ><.

• JKGLJKGL Member UncommonPosts: 38
    Originally posted by Swanea

One of my emails, they wont even send me a validation link after 6 or so tries with their email i nthe safe area.

The Gmail I have signed me up, but will not allow me to post. Yet I still se posters on there already . Frustrating ><.

I'm on the same boat.

Don't worry! It will have that your registry date was today. :)

I expect we should get it within the next 5 hours or so.

Originally posted by KeganJL

I wouldn't count on it man. I'm planning on being Special Forces.

The idea of having my own squad of troops while I run around with a heavy-duty rifle, stimulates me. lol

Thats until my group of Jedi decends upon you and kicks your butts. 

• DeeweDeewe Member UncommonPosts: 1,980

=> game for kids :|

Originally posted by Deewe

=> game for kids :|

I was just fooling around.  On the flipside if you can't enjoy a kids game then perhaps you are not really as grown up as you think. 

• purewitzpurewitz Member UncommonPosts: 489

This is the gaming news of the year, at least for me, lol. My favorite thing about this Star Wars MMO is the fact that each class will have its own storyline. I had bee wanting that in SWG forever, I even suggested it a few time in the official SWG forums. Also with the time period of The Old Republic no one can say they did anything wrong story wise. Like in SWG where everyone kept on saying it didn't feel like the movies. Well in this game the story hasn't been told yet.  When this game comes out, its gonna be my one and only.  I might play DC Universe Online too, lol. Other than SWTOR and DCUO, most games coming have excited me much.

When we get back from where we are going, we will return to where we were. I know people there!

Originally posted by purewitz

This is the gaming news of the year, at least for me, lol. My favorite thing about this Star Wars MMO is the fact that each class will have its own storyline. I had bee wanting that in SWG forever, I even suggested it a few time in the official SWG forums. Also with the time period of The Old Republic no one can say they did anything wrong story wise. Like in SWG where everyone kept on saying it didn't feel like the movies. Well in this game the story hasn't been told yet.  When this game comes out, its gonna be my one and only.  I might play DC Universe Online too, lol. Other than SWTOR and DCUO, most games coming have excited me much.

It's definately looking great so far for SW:TOR.  The graphics are like alpha so I'm not too worried about them... but BioWare are taking MMORPG's to a whole new level if they can deliver... devs can take note, cookiecutter bs just won't do anymore.  Depth is the new name of the game.

• soka_rokasoka_roka Member Posts: 15

I can't log into the forums damit

I'm in and I ain't leaving! heheh

Give it time... I think they're ridiculously backed up... don't send for re-confirmations just wait it out... it'll come :) It'll all work out well in time.

• soka_rokasoka_roka Member Posts: 15

I've activated my email and i can log in now.

but whenever i click community i automatically get logged out and can't log in.

and if i click from the community to a different place without logging back in i will be logged in again automatically:(

Don't worry mate it happened to me too.  You just kinda have to wait it out... or at least, I did.

What I did was, I went to my PROFILE section, I changed a minor detail and 'saved'.  Then I got an email stating that my profile has been changed.  Then I logged in and it's been working great since.  There's already like, almost 300 threads

• purewitzpurewitz Member UncommonPosts: 489

Don't know if anyone else has done it yet on this tread, so I'm going to post these links.

Official Star Wars: The Old Republic website: http://www.swtor.com/

Gamespot.com Video Interview with LucasArts & BioWare: http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/starwarstheoldrepublic/video/6199708

If anyone else knows of any other links post them.

When we get back from where we are going, we will return to where we were. I know people there!

• c-motc-mot Member UncommonPosts: 51

i dont think it will be a WOW clone - from the sparse news it sounds like it will be the next step in MMOs away from sandbox-style to predefined solo-experience, going even further than WOW.

if the characters development is story driven and depends on his/her decisions the result will be mainly solo play in a heavily instanced world. you cannot make decisions like kill or help a NPC in an open world, when 2 minutes later the next one has to do the same (pitty if you decide to kill him - ending the quest line for the others ;)) - so you end up in your own instanced world. you play kotor 3 together with a lot of others - which will be a solo game with some coop missions and PvP and raids for end game.

it might be very successful as it seems that people are looking for this kind of game nowadays (... or at least the marketing guys think this when you look on the recent releases). it may even be a great polished game, but for some it will be not the MMORPG they are looking for.

• RsunDownpourRsunDownpour Member Posts: 31

ugliest character models i have ever seen, they better start changing some stuff or im deff not gonna buy this lol... im sick of WoW / WAR games. hopefully it isnt zones upon zones and instanced , although a lot of those screenies appear to be inside *shrug* SITH and JEDI at launch is a recipe for disaster, hmmm i wonder what 85% of people will choose as their first character... i really hope i start seeing some good stuff soon

www.RisingSunGaming.com
    #RisingSunGaming