Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone using a X4 9950?

cvettecvette Member UncommonPosts: 82

Im debating between the X4 9950 and the Intel Quadcore chips. I love AMD and im not an overclocker. I realize their are faster chips out there, but i just want to know if anyone is using the X4 9950 and if they are happy with it.

Also, i would like to go with an ATI videocard but im scared of their driver support. Has it improved lately?

Thanks guys/gals

Comments

• asupermaneasupermane Member Posts: 682

I have the BE 9850, so i'll try to give ya some of my info.  I paired it with a 8800gt overclocked pretty high, and it runs games very well at 1440x900.  I've played WoW, Devil May Cry, COD 4, Lego Batman, Dawn of War, and Grid so far.  I'm waiting on Fallout 3 (sidenote), but for all of those games i never drop under 40fps and thats maxing my settings.  I started with the 9500x4 phenom but it was at 2.2 and it bottle necked my 8800gt.  I oced my 9850 to 2.8-2.9 and it runs wayyyyy faster.  So i can recommend it.  it multitasks awesome too.   I know the intel quads are awesome too, so im not gnna dog them at all, just wanted to give ya an idea.