Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Industrialists: What do you do with your ISK?

NetzokoNetzoko Member Posts: 1,271

I always saw industry as a money-making system, but many play the game solely for it.

I'm just curious, what do you do with your ISK and what's your goals in game? PvPers buy new ships to do what they love, PvP, but what do you industrialists do with ISK?

-------------------------

Comments

• batolemaeusbatolemaeus Member CommonPosts: 2,061

Considering you need isk to make more isk, they are probably spending it to make more of it.

I don't know what's going on in their twisted minds, though.

• ElgarLElgarL Member UncommonPosts: 191

My corp closed and all of it's members left when CCP proved they selectively enforce their rules to the benefit of 'friends'.

I ran the corp and we we're an industrial/mining corp.

Creator of ELTank and Nostalgia

• HowatchHowatch Member UncommonPosts: 36

My corp had has had some good industrialist in it now and then and from what I have seen most has been in the business of producing modules of various kinds or building ships to sell. To do that there has been a lot of buying ore and parts to use in the production so a good sense of buying low and selling high is neccessary.

In short you need to be able to read the market very well, be able to haul large cargo around and have the skill to build ships and modules.

Easy is'nt it :)

• x_rast_xx_rast_x Member Posts: 745

I'm on the soft-core side of industry - all I do is ore trading.  I buy tons of ore, gather it up, refine it, and haul it to the people who use it to build stuff.

Doesn't take lots of time (check my buy orders twice a day and haul once or twice a week), and I use the proceeds to fund my activities in FW - ship losses don't bother me much but getting podded is about 100 mil since I refuse to fly without +4s.  So I end up coming up roughly even most of the time.