Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do YOU still play Guild Wars as active as u used to?

BrianDJBrianDJ Member UncommonPosts: 7

Im wondering if many people have this problem i have as well.

I purchased every campaigns over the past years, loved the game to the max.

But now, my account is full of lvl 20 chars that finished every campaign multiple times, have several 15k armors, sweet weapons etc...all i can do now is grinding titles and that's it. I'm basically waiting til GW2 comes or any large updates / festivities. I used to play whenever i could, now i login once a week...

Comments

• Lonesamurai1Lonesamurai1 Member Posts: 1,210

not realy bored...  rather my guild matured into other games

imageimage

• GodliestGodliest Member Posts: 3,486

At the moment, no. But seen over a period of two months or so, yes. At the moment I've been working on other projects and have spent a lot of time on school. As soon as I finish my most recent project - C++ I'll probably return to the game to play more actively.

• xbellx777xbellx777 Member Posts: 716

no i havent played it for awhile it was really fun while it lasted tho.  hopefully gw2 will come out sometime soon and they improve the game significantly

• BrianDJBrianDJ Member UncommonPosts: 7

Well i guess you're up for a long wait...it'll be released in Q4 2009 or in 2010...better count on the last one >< That's when i decided to try other MMO's like Age of Conan etc...

• bimbocolesbimbocoles Member Posts: 3

I don't play it as much I used to. When the game first came out, I played the hell out of it - enjoying both PVE and PVP. I played pvp exclusively after the expansion, and after a couple of years of GW, I rarely play it anymore. It was definitely a good buy and laster me a long time, so I don't regret it.

• benzjiebenzjie Member Posts: 81

i stopped playing for 3 months because i bought AoC...( i know) But i am back 24/7.  I did switched to pvp tho.

over 3 years and 5500 hours of fun.

Don't shoot the messenger.....it will ruin you monitor

• blindside044blindside044 Member Posts: 250

I've had a complete burn out of Guild Wars after playing it for 3 years; that and I am having too much fun with Lord of the Rings Online  :)  I will somewhat return when GW2 is close to coming out to finish my Hall of Monuments

• AntaranAntaran Member Posts: 579

I purchased special edition of the original prophecies and the collector's edition of factions, i quit the game a few month after as i was upset with the lack of additions, yes it doubled the world size (if you owned both) but sadly it didn't increase the level cap which is something lacking in GuildWars, i reached max level in the first week of playing the game roughly 3 hours a day, long before i reached even halfway through the main story arch.  I'm not saying the game is rubbish as it appealed to me for a good year or so, i just got bored of it in the end, i'm looking forward to trying GW2 when released but i won't buy it outright before doing a trial.

• batolemaeusbatolemaeus Member CommonPosts: 2,061

From time to time i visit some of the old and died out cities i used to visit when gw was initially released.

Chats closed of course. The "community" is so horrible it's not even funny. Luckily, thanks to how they expanded the game world, nobody visits prophecies anymore.

• BrianDJBrianDJ Member UncommonPosts: 7
    Originally posted by Antaran

I purchased special edition of the original prophecies and the collector's edition of factions, i quit the game a few month after as i was upset with the lack of additions, yes it doubled the world size (if you owned both) but sadly it didn't increase the level cap which is something lacking in GuildWars, i reached max level in the first week of playing the game roughly 3 hours a day, long before i reached even halfway through the main story arch.  I'm not saying the game is rubbish as it appealed to me for a good year or so, i just got bored of it in the end, i'm looking forward to trying GW2 when released but i won't buy it outright before doing a trial.

After reading through the first few sentences of your post, i can see you didn't have any idea what guild wars is about. The fact that you are disturbed by the lvl cap shows you didn't play Guild wars to the max.

Level cap in Guild Wars is of no importance. At level 20 the game just begins. Getting to level 20 is sort of an tutorial to learn the game basics. Once you're level 20 you'll be putting together builds, gathering items to equip your character for that build. If you are still disturbed by the level cap, GW2 will disappoint you just as much since the level cap is  "maybe" gonna be raised to 30, but no further as far as i've heared.

Thats something that makes Guild Wars special ;)

• ArckenArcken Member Posts: 2,431

Guild Wars got old with me fast, great concept, so so execution.

Originally posted by BrianDJ

After reading through the first few sentences of your post, i can see you didn't have any idea what guild wars is about. The fact that you are disturbed by the lvl cap shows you didn't play Guild wars to the max.

Level cap in Guild Wars is of no importance. At level 20 the game just begins. Getting to level 20 is sort of an tutorial to learn the game basics. Once you're level 20 you'll be putting together builds, gathering items to equip your character for that build. If you are still disturbed by the level cap, GW2 will disappoint you just as much since the level cap is  "maybe" gonna be raised to 30, but no further as far as i've heared.

M8 i'd got all green weapons and best armour, when i say i completed the game i mean i had done everything, PvE no longer held sway with me AND yes i know it's a PvP based game designed for GvG etc as i was a Guild Leader and did many battles..  I heard GW2 was being made similar to other MMO's (i exclude the RPG these days as non have it in the form i enjoy), but if GW2 is only a lvl 30 cap and pretty much a re-released version of GW with better graphics then i'll be changing my vote from i might be getting it to definately not getting it..  fair enough you believe GW lvl cap makes it "special" but i can't see it, as after a week of playing, reaching max level, completing the PvE story, raiding for greens and armour items, competing in the battles and repeating for my assassin in Factions all i can see of GW is a FTP "should be" free to download instead of purchase game..  i aint slaggin the game off as i got some enjoyment out of it for a while.

M8 i'd got all green weapons and best armour, when i say i completed the game i mean i had done everything, PvE no longer held sway with me AND yes i know it's a PvP based game designed for GvG etc as i was a Guild Leader and did many battles..  I heard GW2 was being made similar to other MMO's (i exclude the RPG these days as non have it in the form i enjoy), but if GW2 is only a lvl 30 cap and pretty much a re-released version of GW with better graphics then i'll be changing my vote from i might be getting it to definately not getting it..  fair enough you believe GW lvl cap makes it "special" but i can't see it, as after a week of playing, reaching max level, completing the PvE story, raiding for greens and armour items, competing in the battles and repeating for my assassin in Factions all i can see of GW is a FTP "should be" free to download instead of purchase game..  i aint slaggin the game off as i got some enjoyment out of it for a while.

Ah but you did miss one point...  Its Free to Play...  But the servers still needto be paid for and your space on the server is paid for by buyingthe game, which are now available for all three chapters andthe expansion for £25...

and at BrianDJ...   Your wrong about GW2, the level cap will either be100 or there will be no cap, however, just like GW1, level will have little to no effect on your character and will just be for those that like a high number as attribute points will be capped similar to GW1...  That and more info can be found at the Guild Wars 2 Official Wiki

imageimage

Originally posted by Lonesamurai1

Ah but you did miss one point...  Its Free to Play...  But the servers still needto be paid for and your space on the server is paid for by buyingthe game, which are now available for all three chapters andthe expansion for £25...

and at BrianDJ...   Your wrong about GW2, the level cap will either be100 or there will be no cap, however, just like GW1, level will have little to no effect on your character and will just be for those that like a high number as attribute points will be capped similar to GW1...  That and more info can be found at the Guild Wars 2 Official Wiki

Yeah i agree free to play is good for GW and will be for GW2, thats one of the good points i liked about GW, i also understand about the game and expansion paying your way for the server slot as your character never gets truelly deleted by the devs...  £25 for the lot is a damn good price too as i payed £40 for just Factions collectors edition when it was released..

No cap or a cap of 100 in GW2 sounds good, i'm the sort that prefers skill with no levels but for GW and games like it i use the levels as a guide for myself. The way it's done with skills and that in GW was ok but..  i just can't explain it really, i just lost interest in the end.

Originally posted by Lonesamurai1

Yeah i agree free to play is good for GW and will be for GW2, thats one of the good points i liked about GW, i also understand about the game and expansion paying your way for the server slot as your character never gets truelly deleted by the devs...  £25 for the lot is a damn good price too as i payed £40 for just Factions collectors edition when it was released..

No cap or a cap of 100 in GW2 sounds good, i'm the sort that prefers skill with no levels but for GW and games like it i use the levels as a guide for myself. The way it's done with skills and that in GW was ok but..  i just can't explain it really, i just lost interest in the end.

This is part of ANet'smarketting plan...

Its a game for those that want to game casually... they openly want their players take breaks, go play something else and come back when they want to...   Welcome to Guild Wars, the only true casual freindly multiplayer game

imageimage