Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SW:TOR DISCUSSION

Comments

• BonemaneBonemane Member UncommonPosts: 353

Anyone know if they released any pictures or anything related to the rumors yet?

• singsofdeathsingsofdeath Member UncommonPosts: 1,812
    Originally posted by Bonemane

Anyone know if they released any pictures or anything related to the rumors yet?

21st. That's when they will announce something for the FIRST time officially. There's no official media on this thing yet because no one even knows what the project IS officially.

2 more days!

• BonemaneBonemane Member UncommonPosts: 353
    Originally posted by singsofdeath

21st. That's when they will announce something for the FIRST time officially. There's no official media on this thing yet because no one even knows what the project IS officially.

2 more days!

Sweet! I can't wait!

• jsolo15jsolo15 Member Posts: 26

Originally posted by singsofdeath

2 more days!

Sweet! I can't wait!

www.pcgamerpodcast.com/

Listen to the PC Gamer Pod cast looks like they already have a exclusive for there next issue coming out on the 23rd of Oct.  It about 4 to 6 minute into the podcast

I think we should start calling SW The Old Republic and not KoTOR online...

• MonbackeyMonbackey Member Posts: 5

It's gunna be awesome.  When is it being announced on Tuesday?  Where and when exactly. Press event?

• TordakTordak Member Posts: 285

If you look at the location that the reporter from the UK mentions in the initial report about the games reveal on the 21st; you'll get an idea of the "EYES ONLY<>BURN AFTER READING" location.

It seems likely that it's being held at - Lucas Arts, San Francisco  Oct.21st 2PM pacific. and it's a press only event.  ....But, I've no idea. 

* Life is not black or white, it's shades of grey. But, at it's best/worst, it hints at 32bit color. -Me (a.k.a. RuthlessTimes)

* I do not need to know how to make a better game than you. I just need to know how to cancel my subscription. -Antarious(a slight misquote but the sentiment remains)

• purewitzpurewitz Member UncommonPosts: 489
    Originally posted by Tordak

If you look at the location that the reporter from the UK mentions in the initial report about the games reveal on the 21st; you'll get an idea of the "EYES ONLY<>BURN AFTER READING" location.
    It seems likely that it's being held at - Lucas Arts, San Francisco  Oct.21st 2PM pacific. and it's a press only event.  ....But, I've no idea. 

Yes its a press only event. Only select media outlets were sent the "Wait is Over" postcard invitations.

When we get back from where we are going, we will return to where we were. I know people there!

• LaterisLateris Member UncommonPosts: 1,831

I thought it was called "The Old Republic". 

Originally posted by Lateris

I thought it was called "The Old Republic". 

Nothing is official until this Tuesday, it could be called anything.

Here are some possible names that have been registered with the U.S. Trademark office earlier this year:

Star Wars The Old Republic, The Old Republic, Star Wars Sagas and Star Wars Legends

All names are described as "video game software" and "entertainment services provided on-line by means of global and local area networks." So any of them could be used.

When we get back from where we are going, we will return to where we were. I know people there!

• DeaconXDeaconX Member UncommonPosts: 3,062

Go in with zero expectations and find yourself plesantly surprised.

Expect everything [Whatever your fantasy may be, pre-nge/cu SWG, KOTOR III, whatever] and you'll have only yourself to blame when you feel like yelling at BioWare on the boards.

Me? I'm just gonna sit tight for one more day, do some homework, see my girl and play some KOTOR II to pass the time :)

I won't even be around when the announcement is actually made, I'll be at school... but I look forward to finding out about it when I get home :D

Why do I write, create, fantasize, dream and daydream about other worlds? Because I hate what humanity does with this one.

BOYCOTTING EA / ORIGIN going forward.

• YunbeiYunbei Member Posts: 898
    Originally posted by DeaconX

Go in with zero expectations and find yourself plesantly surprised.
    Expect everything [Whatever your fantasy may be, pre-nge/cu SWG, KOTOR III, whatever] and you'll have only yourself to blame when you feel like yelling at BioWare on the boards.
    Me? I'm just gonna sit tight for one more day, do some homework, see my girl and play some KOTOR II to pass the time :)
    I won't even be around when the announcement is actually made, I'll be at school... but I look forward to finding out about it when I get home :D

We have waited for this day long. I recall your various threads on this topic and everyone speculating, heh. Gawd I so hope its gonna be a SW MMO. Oh my... just another 24 hours and we'll know.

Will I find sleep tonight? *__*

Because I will unfortunately not be near a PC when the news hits, I'd really appreciate it if someone, anyone, would post the news here as soon as we hear anything about it.

I thank you in advance.

Why do I write, create, fantasize, dream and daydream about other worlds? Because I hate what humanity does with this one.

• poporypopory Member Posts: 19
    Originally posted by popory

Originally posted by lovecraft0Z

http://swtor.bioware.com

give an eye to this. all storm will break out there at 21st

After reading above article, I checked 'swtor.com' domain information. I found the owner changed it's name server information on 15 Oct.

Name Server: NS1.SWTOR.COM

Name Server: NS2.SWTOR.COM

Name Server: NS3.SWTOR.COM

As you can see, now it has it's own name servers! Usually they don't have their own name servers unless they don't expect massive concurrent internet access. Even more, there are three servers. Typically we set two name servers to make sure the domain reachable even if the first one is down. Yes, I'm 100% sure that the owner wants stable and reliable internet service at all costs. Then, for what? Can you imagin none other than MMO in this situation?

The IP address of 'ns1.swtor.com' is 159.153.229.168. Furthermore, the owner of this ip is....

OrgName: Electronic Arts, Inc.

OrgID: ELECTR-60

Address: 209 Redwood Shores Parkway

City: Redwood City

StateProv: CA

PostalCode: 94065

NetRange: 159.153.0.0 - 159.153.255.255

CIDR: 159.153.0.0/16

NetName: EA

NetHandle: NET-159-153-0-0-1

Parent: NET-159-0-0-0-0

NetType: Direct Assignment

NameServer: SEDNS.EA.COM

NameServer: SWDNS.EA.COM

Comment:

RegDate: 1992-04-29

Updated: 2006-07-07 

:)

I can't wait for HKO!

• DeeweDeewe Member UncommonPosts: 1,980

He nice info, so the game name is finally Star Wars The Old Republic ;)

• lovecraft0Zlovecraft0Z Member Posts: 29

then it is certain.

Star Wars: The Old Republic

the website is http://swtor.bioware.com

thanks to Babychewie for this find (i learned from him first)

Awesome findings and great jobs! Hat's off!

This is kinda like waiting for New Years... except something exciting will actually happen! hehe

PS - Changed Forum Thread Title*

• TyranixTyranix Member Posts: 104

Have they confirmed that it is indeed KoTOR ? What if they threw a curveball and announced that the MMO they are developing was based off of Forgotten Realms

• grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935

I have a friend who STILL claims it's going to be a legos MMO.

• njmbergernjmberger Member Posts: 19
    Originally posted by Tyranix

Have they confirmed that it is indeed KoTOR ? What if they threw a curveball and announced that the MMO they are developing was based off of Forgotten Realms

If that were to be the case, I would just bring the popcorn, coz the the backlash against BioWare would be huge. And most entertaining.

However, I don't think that is to happen. Alle the evidence points towards an MMO in the old republic era. A game without the sandbox that swg was designed to be. But with, I wish, several sandbox elements, like skill-based, good crafting and a craft-based economy.

• huzzahhuzzah Member Posts: 35
    Originally posted by grimal

There is already a Lego MMO in development by Lego and NetDevil.  I really don't see Lego licensing another one, even if it was Lego Star Wars or something.

http://universe.lego.com

• efefiaefefia Member Posts: 631
    Originally posted by grimal

Lego universe is already in production and NOT by BioWare :)

http://universe.lego.com/en-us/Default.aspx

...The spread of secondary and latterly of tertiary education has created a large population of people, often with well developed literary and scholarly tastes, who have been educated far beyond their capacity to undertake analytical thought.

• SwaneaSwanea Member UncommonPosts: 2,401

Hafta say, I cant wait. Sleep will be hard tonight ><

Less than 24 hours til the big announcemnet people. No matter what it is, if its from LucasArts and BioWare. Its gonna rock. Plus I'm still giddy as a schoolgirl, lol.

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163

Who ever made this, props!

SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• TordakTordak Member Posts: 285

^^^^  Howard??   There goes the neighbourhood.  

* Life is not black or white, it's shades of grey. But, at it's best/worst, it hints at 32bit color. -Me (a.k.a. RuthlessTimes)

* I do not need to know how to make a better game than you. I just need to know how to cancel my subscription. -Antarious(a slight misquote but the sentiment remains)