Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Posting beta invites can get you banned ! Why ?!

LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965

Good folks of Flagship studios have given 2 invites to every beta tester to give away.

I went to open beta forums of this site , willing to give those invites to fine members of our community.

There was a nice stickied post for requesting beta keys for mythos - consisting of mere 600 or more posts.

I decided to make a new independent post. I didnt have time to parse 600 posts and look who allready got the key or not. After all I only wanted to do a good deed, and do it fast.

Soon after i got warning from admin!

Posting new beta invite treads is forbidden. Uh...thanks for warning !

I didnt see this new rule posted anywhere !???  But ok ....

Real Question is ?

Is this really needed ?

And if it is would not Admin do a better job by creating new Invite tread , than letting original grow to 11 pages (of 50 posts) ?

Comments

• TaeraTaera Community ManagerMember CommonPosts: 1,078

Hey Lobo,

Please email [email protected] if you want to discuss your case specifically :)

In regards to invites, though, MMORPG.com uses stickied invite thread such as this one for Mythos.  This is to avoid a ton of clutter concerning invites...before we added the sticky threads, we'd have forums where the first 2 pages were 19 invite threads and 1 thread talking about the game.

I understand and totally support your desire to give out these beta keys, and I'll look into getting the stickied thread cleaned up and clarified if you think that will help.  Remember though that a warning is not a ban and the invitation warnings don't even count toward your 3 strikes :)

Laura "Taera" Genender
    Community Manager
    MMORPG.com

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965

It is good idea, i agree.

But you should post this rule visibly on the forum.

Also my post was erased , it should have been moved.

And btw , better create new Mythos thread , because lot of people are now getting this 2 buddy key.

• TaeraTaera Community ManagerMember CommonPosts: 1,078

We can't move a post from a thread into a thread :)

I made a new thread, though!  Check it out and enjoy!

Laura "Taera" Genender
    Community Manager
    MMORPG.com

• jrmagicboyjrmagicboy Member Posts: 8
    Originally posted by Lobotomist

Good folks of Flagship studios have given 2 invites to every beta tester to give away.

I went to open beta forums of this site , willing to give those invites to fine members of our community.
    There was a nice stickied post for requesting beta keys for mythos - consisting of mere 600 or more posts.
    I decided to make a new independent post. I didnt have time to parse 600 posts and look who allready got the key or not. After all I only wanted to do a good deed, and do it fast.
    Soon after i got warning from admin!
    Posting new beta invite treads is forbidden. Uh...thanks for warning !
    I didnt see this new rule posted anywhere !???  But ok ....

Real Question is ?
    Is this really needed ?
    And if it is would not Admin do a better job by creating new Invite tread , than letting original grow to 11 pages (of 50 posts) ?

Ya I been coming to MMORPG.com for years now.

I think it's the best website out there but thats when it was for gamers by gamers.

Now MMORPG all about the money

It no longer about the gamers but about how much money thay can make out of it.

Kinda sad to see another Grate website go down this road.

Sooner or later there going to be asking people to pay for this website. If you can't see it I sure can.

There no longer about us gamers like this website start off been about.

But then again I am sure someone that cares more about the gamers then there own self greed.

well Start a new website just like this one and everyone can start going there.

Sorry MMORPG.com you used to be my hero website but not anymore

I think not been for the gamers is very bad idea.   There the once that made this website so big without them you still be set at home with you thum up your )__(  

I am like the Chameleon. I seek the game that I cannot conquer. I dodge; I change; I battle the unknown. I am the phantom - dark and strong.

• ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476

Because you were bad ,bad, bad, and there was no naughty connor availibale.

" Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
  • ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912

Nice necro.

This discussion has been closed.