Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Betting game?

MhirMhir Member Posts: 41

So anyone can explain me this game? I've heard of it somewhere, but still I have no idea to play this betting game. I wish to try it out, so can anyone help me. Thxn.

Comments

• conqistadorconqistador Member Posts: 237

there are 8 players or npcs that fight it out starting from the quarterfinals to semis and eventually to the finals.. its an elimination match so once an npc gets defeated he goes up to the next stage..

the betting aspect of the game is basically like betting in real life... you choose your pony to ride on.. if he wins you get the dividends...

there are 3 types of betting categories you could choose from

first

1st/2nd,

and  finals

in first its pretty much basic, you choose the npc who will come out the winner

in 1st/2nd, you choose the npcs who will come in first and second IN ORDER, hard to bet on but dividend payouts are huge

finals, you choose the top two characters that will reach the finals or the championships.. no specific order required

if you lose you lose your money..

if you win, you get your moeny from the inbox

• hulloworldhulloworld Member Posts: 5

so how does the betting start? do you just go to the arena and click somewhere that says bet? :)

• lordlapselordlapse Member Posts: 231
    Originally posted by conqistador

there are 8 players or npcs that fight it out starting from the quarterfinals to semis and eventually to the finals.. its an elimination match so once an npc gets defeated he goes up to the next stage..
    the betting aspect of the game is basically like betting in real life... you choose your pony to ride on.. if he wins you get the dividends...
    there are 3 types of betting categories you could choose from
    first
    1st/2nd,
    and  finals
    in first its pretty much basic, you choose the npc who will come out the winner
    in 1st/2nd, you choose the npcs who will come in first and second IN ORDER, hard to bet on but dividend payouts are huge
    finals, you choose the top two characters that will reach the finals or the championships.. no specific order required

if you lose you lose your money..
    if you win, you get your moeny from the inbox

This is pretty simple. It's like a raffle draw. Still if you're too concerned with your money then you won't enjoy it. I wanted to try this out for a long time but I can't get into the matches in time.

• depressedelfdepressedelf Member Posts: 4

It's just like betting in real life! I won't probably participate in this since I am waaay to concern about my money (which I am like, in real like) and would rather use my money into good use (like buying powerful equipments!).

• Nel-TuNel-Tu Member Posts: 42

Where does this betting game occurs? Is this announce in game or you'll have to be on a particular place? I do really want to try out this betting game, so keep the lectures coming

• clocker159clocker159 Member Posts: 5

Well, there are three schedules of betting.

Arena hours are as follows:

19:00

21:00

23:00

This is announced as well. Once this is up, the betting period is 30 minutes after the opening.

You simply teleport to Rome (which is free given that you are at least level 20) and you just follow the betting procedure posted above.

Just do remember, this is gamling. Your winning percentage is very low, but it is fun. ^-^

• Nel-TuNel-Tu Member Posts: 42

So thank you for that kind information, I know that gambling is quite difficult even in real life. But gambling is my passion, so I'll try out first my beginner's luck. Gambling really is a unique future of Atlantica, way to cool.

Originally posted by Nel-Tu

So thank you for that kind information, I know that gambling is quite difficult even in real life. But gambling is my passion, so I'll try out first my beginner's luck. Gambling really is a unique future of Atlantica, way to cool.

I am amazed to see someone "passionately" gambling. And gambling in games is not that unique in games. I am certain this isn't the first one. Still, I think the devs should add more time slots for this. Just three bets per day? If someone works at those times then he/she would miss the chance to bet and it sucks.

betting only happens 3 times a day, even i have a hard time catching the betting window.. but once you happen to be online and theres betting going on i suggest you try it as dividends are insanely huge... although of course if you do not know how to be then i dont encourage you to do this since you will lose all your money.. betting is basically a numbers game... you try to minimize luck my doing your math...  using probabilities u can be an instant millionaire in 30 minutes.. as i said before, the object of the game is not to get lucky but to cover your loss.. this means you have to bet alot and minimize reliance on luck.. reading dividends can also help.. if you do this, at the end of the day there will only be one winner so your gonna be losing alot in one betting game. but you only need one out of ten bets in order to capitalize on huge dividends..

think of it this way.. in the finals category,  you have an option to bet on 16 different matchups.. maximum betting allowed in the game is ten.. so whati did was bet 10k each on each of my ten bets.. what are the odds of the winner coming out of the remaining 6 right? if you lose all bets you lose 100k... but if you win one and lose 9, you lose 90k and dividends will give you 500k+.. yes thats right, half a mil...

think out your bets properly eventually youl come out on top

another good tip would be to read the odds or dividends... i dont normally find this reliable since the battles are completely random.. i dont even care reading out th teams and members of each battling npc... but sometimes it helps to base your bet on the lowest odds to make sure you dont lose all your money.. this means you have to wait out until the last 5 minutes before you polace in your bet.. this way you have the best possible read on the odds

• camziecamzie Member Posts: 5

Also checking the line-up and formation of every gladiators was very helpful also.

You need to place very carefully for your bets because your are only allowed to bet 10 times.

And if I were you, prepare around 1 million gold for the betting because the higher your bet is, the higher your winnings will be.

Also I think Ndoors must add another 6 schedules for the Arena betting.

19:00, 21:00, 23:00 schedules was only for PDT timezones. European and Asian Time Zones

I think that the whole idea is good but is totally serving the Americans. I think the devs should be more considerate to players from other countries. This is a GLOBAL game after all. Some players may be casual gamers and may not think of joining this game event if its our of their free time.