Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Half of ex-WoW players go back to WoW over WAR

http://www.tentonhammer.com/node/46843

Am i amazed about this? No.

Reason?

• someone's computer can't play WAR aswell as WoW.
  • only 2 people said they left for WAR and 1 came back to WoW
  • They want to grind
  • They enjoy Raids (as do I but it still is a grind)
  • They enjoy 2v2 unbalanced end-game PvP
  • They played a Ret Pally and wanted to see all the talk about them being OP
  • They just wanted to see how 3.0.2 is different from the old WoW and TBC

I will not look at this and think that Mythic should worry. Before Blizzard talk next time, I want details and how many people left for WAR just like they said it on AoC. BTW if they won't say it, that means it wasn't a crushing blow like AoC was.

So WAR haters rage on and WoW fanboi's bring it on for this next Epic Thread of talking smack on another person over internet from maybe a world apart.

Purpose in life is not to gain things, but experience. - Rover64dd

Comments

• PheacePheace Member Posts: 2,408

Just sad...

• AzrileAzrile Member Posts: 2,582

People can roleplay the Iraqi Information Minister all they want.. but the proof is in the pudding

Warhammer sold less boxes then Animal Crossing: City Folk last week

Primetime(now) Warhammer has over half of their servers at low/low or low/med and the number of servers at high/high has dropped considerably since the first week.

And we haven't even reached the end of the free month

• lorndarkenlorndarken Member Posts: 279

half ? hmm must be the goldspammers, hay oooooooooooooooooooooo.

but if not,  geuss they cant hack it in a pvp based game, so they go back to a pve based gamed instead.

and they say wow it leet , lmfao !!!!!

• jblahjblah Member UncommonPosts: 368
    Originally posted by Azrile

People can roleplay the Iraqi Information Minister all they want.. but the proof is in the pudding

Primetime(now) Warhammer has over half of their servers at low/low or low/med and the number of servers at high/high has dropped considerably since the first week.

Yeah maybe if selling gold and selling high level accounts was as profitable as it is in WOW they would sell more boxes. Oh and we wont count the months it was the top seller even before it released either as that would look bad on your argument.

People that wanted the game pre-ordered it and have it. Hype sells games and I am sure that everyone who pre ordered your precious WOTLK is gonna keep playing it because noone ever stops playing WOW. Do a search for WOW accounts and see how many people are selling them. Obviously people are leaving the game craigs list is filled with them and most are there for weeks or till they expire.

So until we get some stories of people that are playing 36 WAR accounts at the same time( 36 boxes for 1 person) please dont compare the two.

Playing- Guild Wars 2, SWTOR
    SWTOR Referral Link Get a free Server Transfer and lots of other free stuff for your SWTOR account! Works for both new and previous players.

• Syyth007Syyth007 Member Posts: 250

I quit WoW over a year ago, but recently reactiviated my account in order to check out the updates and the new upcomming expansion.  I'm not planning on ending my subscription to War, though.  I'm sure WoW will get many resubbing for the xpac, but it doesn't mean that everyone who does is going to cancel their current mmo subscription.

p.s. edit- I play on 3 different servers in War, and have not noticed any population drop.  The way the War devs are handling things (listening to their fan base, and patching accordingly) my opinion is they will not suffer the same fate as AoC, and I  can easily see a steady population of 500K +as long as they keep the good work up. The doomsaying from so many who obviously don't play the game is laughable.  Just because you hope failure, due to some warped sense of loyality, maybe (?), does not mean it will fail. I have characters ranging from t1-t4 now, and I've had no problem in finding plenty of other players, in every tier.  Populations are a bit more spread out now, but I can easily get scenarios to pop during a weekday morning in less than 30 minutes.

• RictisRictis Member UncommonPosts: 1,300

1) Paladins are OP? I guess I am going back to WoW

2) WAR doesnt have anyone playing like ever (wish it had like 10 mil players)

3) I left because Mythic doesnt listen to me as much as Blizzard...I constantly post for NERFS and UPGRADES to specific chars but OMG they never listen to meeez.

4) WOTLK is going to introduce more gear to grind what else is there in this world?

5) its going to introduce one whole new zone specifically just for PVP Sieges OMG thats sooo pwning..stupid WAR gives me too many PVP options my head hurts.

In all seriousness, WoW is a fun game in its own right.  But I prefer the WoWheads to go back and leave WAR, at least the ones that miss their (WTFPWN) button macro on their characters.

• EvelknievelEvelknievel Member UncommonPosts: 2,964

Your going to witness the next rollercoaster event next to the stock market between these 2 competitors.

After the Lich King expansion 1st month, things will go back to the same. WoW will be WoW and WAR will be WAR. People will reach 80 and it will be the same ole same ole in WoW like in TBC.

1. Grind BG's for gear.

2. Do Arenas for gear.

3. Do PvE scripted raids for gear.

4. And Leveling a Death Knight to 80 in 7 days so you can solo Onyxia (sorry for the sarcasm).

5. Customize your character with different hairstyles.

Now I dont see any major RvR in the upcoming WoW expansion only a BG that carries siege weapons with buildings that are destroyable and a 10 or 15 player battleground (unless this has changed and is this per side or total in the BG)? Is Open World going to have Siege Weapons and anything we do in the Open World going to affect our side?

Now I left WoW about 5 months ago and enjoyed my time back then with my guild, however will it host a better RvR experience than WAR?

• ValentinaValentina Member RarePosts: 2,079

not many people left to begin with, so it's not that surprising, WAR is it's own game, it's going to have it's own followings. WAR is doing extremely well, many servers still hitting full capacity. Blizzard needs to learn they are going to have to share the market with new games, and they need to stop gloating on how much "better" they are.

Originally posted by HiGHPLaiNS

Your going to witness the next rollercoaster event next to the stock market between these 2 competitors.
    After the Lich King expansion 1st month, things will go back to the same. WoW will be WoW and WAR will be WAR. People will reach 80 and it will be the same ole same ole in WoW like in TBC.
    1. Grind BG's for gear.
    2. Do Arenas for gear.
    4. And Leveling a Death Knight to 80 in 7 days so you can solo Onyxia (sorry for the sarcasm).
    Now I dont see any major RvR in the upcoming WoW expansion only a BG that carries siege weapons with buildings that are destroyable and a 10 or 15 player battleground (unless this has changed and is this per side or total in the BG)? Is Open World going to have Siege Weapons and anything we do in the Open World going to affect our side?
    Now I left WoW about 5 months ago and enjoyed my time back then with my guild, however will it host a better RvR experience than WAR?

The new battleground ' Strands' is 15v15 and uses destructable buildings and moveable seige weapons.  It's basically like a Warhammer scenario or a WOW battleground except it utilizes the moveable seige weapons and destruction system.  it's set up like a Normandy type invasion.  One side storms a beach from boats, climbs a hill and tries to capture a keep.   Once the keep is captured..  the teams switch sides and the old 'offense' team now has to defend the keep for as long as it took them to capture the keep the first time.  if the new offensive team captures the keep faster, they win the scenario.

There is also a complete seperate new overland RvR zone (Lake Wintergrasp) that is fully open world so has no player limits.  Some key features

1.  moveable seige weapons which players control/drive

2. Destructable buildings and landscape

3. Aerial combat... both fighter planes and bombers

4. Personell carriers (multi-player vehicles)

5. The faction that wins Lake Wintergrasp ( 2.5 hour  window) has access to

A.  Special Vendors and portals

B.  A short raid which drops PvP gear

C.  All bosses in all  instances in all zones drop a 'spirt shard' type currency that can be used to buy pvp gear

D.  Access to special quests inside the Lake Wintergrasp zone

My guild is going to be sticking to 10-man raids, but we plan on always doing Lake Wintergrasp on our raid nights just because of the spirit shards.... it's almost like doubling your pve loot from raids if your side controls lake wintergrasp.

• cukimungacukimunga Member UncommonPosts: 2,258

The reason why Animal Crossings sold more than Warhammer is because AC is for the average casual Wii gamer and  30 million Wii's have been sold and alot of console games outsell MMORPG's anyways. Most of the MMORPG population is playing WoW right now Id say, and War is a PvP game so its interests an even lower amount of people.

I for one quit WoW for this game and Im glad and Im still playing after the free month.  So what if this game can't compete with WoW I never expected it to. We are weeding out all the douches and crybabies that complain about ever little thing.

Ok so after 4 years WOW has 5 BG's and 4 arena's? I am absolutely shocked at how fast they have made it a PVP game and they are gonna have moveable seige weapons in one spot in the game.

Well I just dont know what to say sounds like an awesome game maybe someday it will be successful enough for them to actually put a spot on this website for forums for this game WOW you speak of. Then you will have some place to go and discuss these types of evolutionary gameplay and super duper fast addition of even more PVP content.

SWTOR Referral Link Get a free Server Transfer and lots of other free stuff for your SWTOR account! Works for both new and previous players.

• RictisRictis Member UncommonPosts: 1,300

1. Grind BG's for gear.
    2. Do Arenas for gear.

The new battleground ' Strands' is 15v15 and uses destructable buildings and moveable seige weapons.  It's basically like a Warhammer scenario or a WOW battleground except it utilizes the moveable seige weapons and destruction system.  it's set up like a Normandy type invasion.  One side storms a beach from boats, climbs a hill and tries to capture a keep.   Once the keep is captured..  the teams switch sides and the old 'offense' team now has to defend the keep for as long as it took them to capture the keep the first time.  if the new offensive team captures the keep faster, they win the scenario.

There is also a complete seperate new overland RvR zone (Lake Wintergrasp) that is fully open world so has no player limits.  Some key features

1.  moveable seige weapons which players control/drive

2. Destructable buildings and landscape

3. Aerial combat... both fighter planes and bombers

4. Personell carriers (multi-player vehicles)

5. The faction that wins Lake Wintergrasp ( 2.5 hour  window) has access to

A.  Special Vendors and portals

B.  A short raid which drops PvP gear

C.  All bosses in all  instances in all zones drop a 'spirt shard' type currency that can be used to buy pvp gear

D.  Access to special quests inside the Lake Wintergrasp zone

My guild is going to be sticking to 10-man raids, but we plan on always doing Lake Wintergrasp on our raid nights just because of the spirit shards.... it's almost like doubling your pve loot from raids if your side controls lake wintergrasp.

WoW does not have RvR please, just wanted to quickly point this out. What WoW is putting in their expansion is a last minute attempt to compete with WAR so they dont suffer a huge player loss. WoW pvp will never change.  Its always going to be about griefing..no matter how many times they patch it...will always be the same.  When WoW2 comes out I hope they incorporate acctual RVR into their game.

• GolominGolomin Member Posts: 141

Makes sense, the older MMORPG players stay and the young and converted WoW players go back to their haven. It's how it works in the MMORPG world, sowwie.. but no cookie for your dorkness.

• GolominGolomin Member Posts: 141

1. Grind BG's for gear.
    2. Do Arenas for gear.

The new battleground ' Strands' is 15v15

Only 15v15... damn that's horrible. A game such as that, with it's low performance requirements and stabilization should not be near only 15v15. How can that not be considered some arena gameplay mode. Sorry, but doesn't Guild Wars even have bigger matches than that shit? Hell, basic high performance and graphics FPS games have bigger matches than that with destructible objects.

• vidiotkingvidiotking Member Posts: 587
    Originally posted by Ravanos

best news ever!
    id rather have 200k good players than 9 million dimwitted wow douchebags to deal with.
    now that all the WoW kiddies are gone maybe we (the remaining community) can help Mythic shape this game into a great RVR game. And not another BG, column humping, "omg look at my arena score i so pwn" bullsh*t game like WoW.

I love the word "douchebag". There is never, NEVER, any doubt where an author is going when he invoks the word "douchebag". /cheers

I like WAR, but I think I liked WOW just as much after 4 weeks, so we'll see.

umm..   it's not about lag.. it's about player participation.  The less players there are, the more important their impact will be.

WOW has  10, 15 and 40  sized battlegrounds.   Is that different than Scenarios? Nope

• vidiotkingvidiotking Member Posts: 587
    Originally posted by cukimunga

The reason why Animal Crossings sold more than Warhammer is because AC is for the average casual Wii gamer and  30 million Wii's have been sold and alot of console games outsell MMORPG's anyways. Most of the MMORPG population is playing WoW right now Id say, and War is a PvP game so its interests an even lower amount of people.

I for one quit WoW for this game and Im glad and Im still playing after the free month.  So what if this game can't compete with WoW I never expected it to. We are weeding out all the douches and crybabies that complain about ever little thing.

I'm afriad "douches" does not carry the same weight as "douchebag", but good try.

• LordAxleLordAxle Member Posts: 19

Animal Crossing: City Folk isn't out yet. Nice try, though.

Originally posted by LordAxle

Animal Crossing: City Folk isn't out yet. Nice try, though.

Could Animal Crossing MMO be the next WOW killer?

• coomscooms Member Posts: 219

no point in try to post awesome things about what people think will happen to wow or WAR. i like both games but im playing wow basically because my system cant run the during the big sieges and when lots of characters are together. anyway cant we just get a long seriously. just dont feed the trolls.

• GaryMGaryM Member Posts: 244

So, you and your guildies are going to run 10-man raids, over and over again, and run the same PvP zone, over and over again, in order to continue collecting digital lootz.. Why would you ever leave WoW in the first place, it sounds like the perfect game for you! I hope that WAR *never* becomes that kind of game.

Let's talk about 'my' WOW in 3 months.

1. My guild will run 10 man raids.. there will be about 10 of them to progress through (4 at launch).

2. My guild will run endgame instances and heroics (there will be about 10 of each at lvl 80 I)

3. We will do Wintergrasp at least 3 nights a week before raids, and probably mess around in there some other nights

4.  I'll be doing the battlegrounds a few times each every week for honor and tokens (5 bgs)

5.  I'll be working on my crafting and getting mats to make endgame gear and consumables from enchanting, insciption and jewelrycrafting.  I'll also probably still be working on building my harley motorcycles for my alts

6.  I'll be doing my 2man and 5man Arena games and probably getting owned

7.  I'll be doing dailies and trying to get the cooking/fishing rare items

8.  My moonkin is going to be working on achievements, especially the quest and exploration ones

9.  Occasionally I'll mess around with my Death Knight, but that will be a side thing.  I already have too many alts to play  :)

If you think that a person is only going to grind the same raid over and over again, that is because that is all that person wants to so.   Everything I listed here has viable rewards and progression and is fun.

So tell me.. oh player of a great game.

Where is the crafting in Warhammer?  Where is the PVE raid and dungeon progression..  heck. where is ANYTHING except grinding scenerios.

Is there a viable way to progress your character in Warhammer besides grinding scenarios.  Most servers are on low/low or low/med which means RvR is not a viable way to level your character.  Quests and mob exp dries up at lvl 20, so that is barely viable.   Unless you play on a handfull of full/full servers, you are stuck queueing for scenarios as your only real way of progressing your character.

There are many many ways to progress your character in WOW.. all of the things i listed above.  If a player grinds bgs or grinds raids. it's because that player doesn't want to do other things.. not because they aren't viable.

• TyvolusTyvolus Member Posts: 190

1. My guild will run 10 man raids.. there will be about 10 of them to progress through (4 at launch).

2. My guild will run endgame instances and heroics (there will be about 10 of each at lvl 80 I)

3. We will do Wintergrasp at least 3 nights a week before raids, and probably mess around in there some other nights

4.  I'll be doing the battlegrounds a few times each every week for honor and tokens (5 bgs)

5.  I'll be working on my crafting and getting mats to make endgame gear and consumables from enchanting, insciption and jewelrycrafting.  I'll also probably still be working on building my harley motorcycles for my alts

8.  My moonkin is going to be working on achievements, especially the quest and exploration ones

9.  Occasionally I'll mess around with my Death Knight, but that will be a side thing.  I already have too many alts to play  :)
    If you think that a person is only going to grind the same raid over and over again, that is because that is all that person wants to so.   Everything I listed here has viable rewards and progression and is fun.
    Where is the crafting in Warhammer?  Where is the PVE raid and dungeon progression..  heck. where is ANYTHING except grinding scenerios.
    Is there a viable way to progress your character in Warhammer besides grinding scenarios.  Most servers are on low/low or low/med which means RvR is not a viable way to level your character.  Quests and mob exp dries up at lvl 20, so that is barely viable.   Unless you play on a handfull of full/full servers, you are stuck queueing for scenarios as your only real way of progressing your character.
    There are many many ways to progress your character in WOW.. all of the things i listed above.  If a player grinds bgs or grinds raids. it's because that player doesn't want to do other things.. not because they aren't viable.

Have fun in wow bro.  I quit back 6 months or so ago and wont be going back, ever.  But feel free to visit here on the WAR forums all you want, because you wont catch me on the wow forums -- I dont visit the forums of games I dont play -- no need.   You however do, and you dont even need to tell me why -- I already know. heh. 

"Most servers are on low/low or low/med"  -- dude dont like, you know this isnt even true.

• Amistad3000Amistad3000 Member Posts: 30

All I gotta say is War is getting more and more popular every week. Almost 1 million subscribers atm. Not as much as WoW but War is having a VERY great start. I am not going to start bashing games but all I have to say is that if you like quest grinding and gold spammers, play WoW if you like doing a variety of things to gain levels no matter what level you are, play War.

• Amistad3000Amistad3000 Member Posts: 30
    Originally posted by Tyvolus

Have fun in wow bro.  I quit back 6 months or so ago and wont be going back, ever.  But feel free to visit here on the WAR forums all you want, because you wont catch me on the wow forums -- I dont visit the forums of games I dont play -- no need.   You however do, and you dont even need to tell me why -- I already know. heh. 

"Most servers are on low/low or low/med"  -- dude dont like, you know this isnt even true.

It is only like that "Low/low or low/med" to give you a REALISTIC view of what faction is on. (to Azrile)