Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nancy McIntyre moved to Leapfrog ouch

Comments

• VastarVastar Member Posts: 176
    Originally posted by Cerion

And to think it all started for me by selling fireworks...I made a killing on fireworks initially.
    But that was in a galaxy far, far away.
     Ha! I started out selling fireworks only. Of course, that ended up not being profitable enough quickly. I moved onto bigger things but I kept my "company" name of Zlatworks.... it was planned to be "Zlatworks Fireworks" but I just dropped the ending.
  • kairaenekairaene Member Posts: 256
    Leapfrog....lol.  Finally a game thats within her mental grasp. 

• Wildcat84Wildcat84 Member Posts: 2,304

Originally posted by kairaene
    Leapfrog....lol. Finally a game thats within her mental grasp. image

There is way too much reading in that game. Nancy will take care of that I am sure.

• iskareotiskareot Member Posts: 2,143
    Originally posted by Wildcat84

Leapfrog....lol. Finally a game thats within her mental grasp.

There is way too much reading in that game. Nancy will take care of that I am sure.

I still love this one -- taken by yours truely at Circut City -- it was great and a perfect fit.

The NGE -- according to Circut City:

All of these are in the 19.99 and under bin --

NGE!

• duncan_922duncan_922 Member Posts: 1,670
    I fear for the future now!    She'll dumb down everything there!

Too much reading!

Too much reading!!

Too much reading!!!

SOE knows what you like... You don't!
    And don't forget... I am forcing you to read this!

• duncan_922duncan_922 Member Posts: 1,670
    double post.   apologies

SOE knows what you like... You don't!
    And don't forget... I am forcing you to read this!

• stinneystinney Member Posts: 35

Who in their right mind would employ Nancy Macintyre after she admitted. In front of a hundred or so people in a room and hundreds of thousands of people online, that she was too stupid to play a video game?

/annoying high pitched whining voice

"I used to call it PHD combat" 

She's a moron.

They should fire her immediately and fire who ever employed her.

Edit: WOW! Necro. Just saw the date of last post.

• ZtyXZtyX Member UncommonPosts: 368

What a stupid woman.

Nice post.

But don't glorify Raph Koster. He might have been there in UO and done some good things. But, the guy is clearly not as progressive as some of you think.

I've read one of his blogs and he is actually supporting WoW gameplay.'

That doesn't put him far from Nancy. The man has changed over the years. He is not UO daddy anymore

• TeknoBugTeknoBug Member UncommonPosts: 2,156

Ugh I shudder EVERYTIME I see Nancy's statements on the NGE, it translates to "you all are dumb, therefor we're giving you a dumb game".

• TeknoBugTeknoBug Member UncommonPosts: 2,156

Originally posted by ZtyX
    What a stupid woman.

Nice post.

But don't glorify Raph Koster. He might have been there in UO and done some good things. But, the guy is clearly not as progressive as some of you think.
    I've read one of his blogs and he is actually supporting WoW gameplay.'
    That doesn't put him far from Nancy. The man has changed over the years. He is not UO daddy anymore

I don't see what's wrong with WoW's gameplay, I do see a problem with TRYING to be like WoW like the 100's of new MMO titles in the past 4 years. WoW's mechanics worked the very same way City of Heroes, EQ2 and SWG did, lock-target and push a couple buttons to queue up attacks. Now it's hold the stupid button down all the time while manually aiming and pushing whatever button cools down first, like what Tabula Rasa is and that isn't really WoW gameplay, it's just a failure.

Raph is a GEEK, pure geek, he calls himself a hardcore gamer and boasts about game collections (Atari, etc). But he had brilliant ideas

• LaterisLateris Member UncommonPosts: 1,831

I always wanted to be the moisture farmer.  I miss the original game but I have moved on. I have divorced SWG. LOL

• fordzillafordzilla Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 100

remember she is now designing toys to make your kids stupid little consumers.

• HozloffHozloff Member Posts: 193

She may not have been such a bad hire for Leapfrog after all:

“Nancy has a deep background in technology-driven, content-centric products for kids that is

right in our sweet spot."

I am sure her NGE resume contributed to this claim.

• ArcAngel3ArcAngel3 Member Posts: 2,931
    Originally posted by metatronic

LeapFrog Enterprises, Inc. (NYSE: LF), is a leading designer, developer and marketer of innovative,

technology-based learning products and related proprietary content, dedicated to making learning

effective and engaging for all ages, at home and in schools, around the world.

LOL.. She might actually do well there... She should of never been in the position she was..

Lol well either this is hilarious irony, or maybe she went home to rethink her life :).  Maybe reading isn't such a bad thing after all.

P.S.  Heya Wildcat! wb, where the hell have you been man?

Originally posted by iskareot

Originally posted by Wildcat84

Leapfrog....lol. Finally a game thats within her mental grasp.

I still love this one -- taken by yours truely at Circut City -- it was great and a perfect fit.

The NGE -- according to Circut City:

All of these are in the 19.99 and under bin --

NGE!

Lol and Iskareot, it's like a friggin reunion :) hey man.

Originally posted by trollin4fun

Originally posted by Kazara

She certainly had her part in ushering in the NGE, but like many others, she has moved on without any accountability (if anything, doing better). I am sure the NGE nightmare haunts her all the way to the bank - unfortunately.
    because people like you STALK her .

Lol Kazara doesn't stalk anyone, very classy actually :).  Seems more like you're stalking SWG vet's -_^.

• efefiaefefia Member Posts: 631

It's a huge necro

...The spread of secondary and latterly of tertiary education has created a large population of people, often with well developed literary and scholarly tastes, who have been educated far beyond their capacity to undertake analytical thought.

• precuorbustprecuorbust Member Posts: 120

Nancy McIntyre was clearly an affirmative action hire.  Worst PR person in the history of PR.  If she has a degree in it she should sue the college she went to for malpractice.

• SembianceSembiance Member Posts: 2

Her linked in profile: www.linkedin.com/pub/nancy-macintyre/0/b6/533

I laughed out loud when I read this there: "Good product sense and understanding of the consumer"

ROFL!

• SembianceSembiance Member Posts: 2

Oh, this just gets BETTER and BETTER!

First, a quote from the NGE debacle:
    "We really just needed to make the game a lot more accessible to a much broader player base," said Nancy MacIntyre, the game's senior director at LucasArts. "There was lots of reading, much too much, in the game."

Now a quote from a LeapFrog press release last year:
    "Just as we revolutionized the learn-to-read category with the LeapPad system, LeapFrog has kept the joy and magic of reading alive for a new generation of young readers with our standout Tag reader," said Nancy MacIntyre, executive vice president of product, innovation and marketing for LeapFrog.

ROFL!

I guess royally screwing up IS rewarded in corporate America.
    According to her forbes page (http://people.forbes.com/profile/nancy-g-macintyre/48801) she made $478,269 in 2008.

Oh, a link to her facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/nancy.macintyre
    There you can see what she is a 'fan of' including the republican Jim Ward. Guess we know her party affiliation now :)

• VaziVazi Member Posts: 32

I like these comments by her!!

Now all kids (and the occasional cocker spaniel) can instantly comprehend difficult-to-learn concepts—while they sleep!

“Every child sleeps an average of nine hours a night, so why not turn this normally wasted time into a painless study session—and ace that chemistry final?” said Nancy MacIntyre,   link: 

http://www.boutiquecafe.com/home/2009/04/01/2643/

Fighting Over Homework—Never Again!

Dream & Learn eliminates the need for any parent ever again to nag their child to finish homework. Parents simply set the Dream & Learn dial to the topic of their choice, place the device near their child’s pillow and off the little one goes into productive slumber.

Just  WOW!!!!!!!!!!

• Moaky07Moaky07 Member Posts: 2,096
    Originally posted by Sembiance

I laughed out loud when I read this there: "Good product sense and understanding of the consumer"
    ROFL!

Holy freaking "Get Over It Already Syndrome" Batman....

You use an account made in 06 for it's very first 2 posts to bump a yr old thread? Smells like an alt account.

After what went down with Jeff Freeman, on this very board, it seems like folks would just let things go after this long.

When is it enough?

If she comes here to apologize, like Jeff did, are you going to spout vile things to her as well? If she was to die, are some of ya gonna state you are happy they are dead...."they deserved it"? Sure saw it when Jeff passed.

I am glad I didnt enjoy my venture into the CU era. Would hate to think I would be one of the folks still foaming at the mouth.

Gotta say one thing...it doesnt matter how long a break I take from these forums, they never fail to entertain when I am bored.

Granted Nancy probably isnt the best PR person in the world...but does it really matter anymore that she isnt involved with MMOs?

They say the vet forums are for remembering "what was"...but it is still just about hate.

Asking Devs to make AAA sandbox titles is like trying to get fine dining on a McDonalds dollar menu budget.

• therain93therain93 Member UncommonPosts: 2,039
    Originally posted by Vazi

I like these comments by her!!

Now all kids (and the occasional cocker spaniel) can instantly comprehend difficult-to-learn concepts—while they sleep!
    “Every child sleeps an average of nine hours a night, so why not turn this normally wasted time into a painless study session—and ace that chemistry final?” said Nancy MacIntyre,   link: 
    http://www.boutiquecafe.com/home/2009/04/01/2643/
    Fighting Over Homework—Never Again!

Dream & Learn eliminates the need for any parent ever again to nag their child to finish homework. Parents simply set the Dream & Learn dial to the topic of their choice, place the device near their child’s pillow and off the little one goes into productive slumber.
    Just  WOW!!!!!!!!!!

Did you even notice the date before you decided to slam?  Just to make it clear, that's April Fool's day -- guess she caught one ( ' ;

• therain93therain93 Member UncommonPosts: 2,039
    Originally posted by Moaky07

Originally posted by Sembiance

ROFL!

Holy freaking "Get Over It Already Syndrome" Batman....

You use an account made in 06 for it's very first 2 posts to bump a yr old thread? Smells like an alt account.

After what went down with Jeff Freeman, on this very board, it seems like folks would just let things go after this long.

When is it enough?

If she comes here to apologize, like Jeff did, are you going to spout vile things to her as well? If she was to die, are some of ya gonna state you are happy they are dead...."they deserved it"? Sure saw it when Jeff passed.

I am glad I didnt enjoy my venture into the CU era. Would hate to think I would be one of the folks still foaming at the mouth.

Gotta say one thing...it doesnt matter how long a break I take from these forums, they never fail to entertain when I am bored.

Granted Nancy probably isnt the best PR person in the world...but does it really matter anymore that she isnt involved with MMOs?

They say the vet forums are for remembering "what was"...but it is still just about hate.

The people who rip on Nancy's comment about "too much reading" don't seem to appreciate how Lucas opted to change the beginning of Star Wars ANH to make it more interesting.  His choices: start with Luke whining to Biggs and his friends (like in the book) or go with an epic, attention-grabbing space battle.  Obviously, we all know Lucas filmed both but opted for the latter.  This is really what Nancy was referring to, making it more iconic  in the sense of  adventure with less reading (i.e. appeal to the people who know star wars for only the movies and not the extended universe).  Of course, the rabid folk somehow took it as an insult and, in their own interpretation, ironically enough, prove that they do in fact have reading comprehension issues. ( ' :

• MavisPMavisP Member Posts: 181
    Originally posted by treysmooth

I wouldn't be suprised if she would promote something that negatively affected the core audience.  O wait she did SWG caused seizures after they introduced the god awful bacta bomb effects.  But I can understand why she would, all those pretty colors to look at and the best part nothing to read!!! 

Seriously man, if you saw the way she talked to people at the summits you wouldn't defend the scum that she is.  I wouldn't put her in charge of a McDonalds let alone the position she somehow fell into.  To sit and tell the core audience of intelligent and well educated people that used to play SWG that the game had way to much reading and we need more fight loot rinse repeat is a slap in the face and if you played SWG you would know that.  She might have realized this fact as well, though I imagine that since the game used to require you have a minimum of a 6th grade reading level she probably couldn't have played after all.  Rest in Peace Leapfrog nothing creative will be coming out of that company any time soon.

LMAO !!!

This discussion has been closed.