Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Quick question

BattagBattag Member Posts: 94

Hey everyone.  I own a copy of EQII and i have tried before in the past and i must say i was extremely interested in the game but found distracted by other things.  As the months went on i tried AoC, Lotro, and currently i am play WAR (which is great)  Now from my understanding i am aware that EQII is a pve game which i love because i can play that as a i play WAR :D.  But my question is simple.  How is the population in EQII from what it once was.  I have done readings for myself and i have found out that the population is actually very low.  How do you guys feel about this?

Comments

• SgtFrogSgtFrog Member Posts: 5,001

new expansion soon. pop always rises with a new expansion.

get the game then ^^

March on! - Lets Invade Pekopon

• MMORPDEATHMMORPDEATH Member Posts: 414
    Originally posted by Battag

Hey everyone.  I own a copy of EQII and i have tried before in the past and i must say i was extremely interested in the game but found distracted by other things.  As the months went on i tried AoC, Lotro, and currently i am play WAR (which is great)  Now from my understanding i am aware that EQII is a pve game which i love because i can play that as a i play WAR :D.  But my question is simple.  How is the population in EQII from what it once was.  I have done readings for myself and i have found out that the population is actually very low.  How do you guys feel about this?

People will mislead you and name all sorts of servers and say "you dont want one thats TOO crowded, ______ is just right!" Don't listen. The best content in the game is group content, so you need a WELL populated server. There are two of those: for PVE choose the RP/PVE server Antonia Bayle, and for PVE choose Nagafen. You should be able to find people at all levels on those servers, other servers will be top-heavy and sparsely populated more than likely.

Extremism in the defense of Liberty is no vice.

• quaikyquaiky Member Posts: 566

overall i find the population to be ok, but as said before that depends a lot on server and your playtimes.

if you play peak times then each server is ok, but if you play offpeak then it might be hard on some servers.

also playing on  antonia bayle has not only advantages, the server had severe stability problems after last expansion release cause too many players were on that server. also for big highend raiding a too heavy populated server is also a downside since you have a lot less chances at contested mobs (thats why some raidguilds / serious raiders move to less populated servers).

not saying that antonia bayle is a bad choice but going to he highest population server is not allways the best choice, it depends more on your playstyle and what your goals are in game.

• drag9999drag9999 Member Posts: 252

Quite honestly, I find the best server to be The Bazaar. If you are in this server and get too bored off EQ2, you can sell your characters on Live Gamer. The population is not way too low and not too high either. You won't have trouble finding groups in any server unless you play in a time opposite to your guild's. 90% of the time guildies are willing to help you level and do stuff. On my server, not so many advertise LFG, but in guild chat there is always someone looking for a duo/group. If you want to have NO problem at all finding a group, go to Antonia Bayle for RP/PVE or Nagafen for PVP. These servers might lag a bit, but I guess that's the price you pay for grouping a lot.

• MoiraeMoirae Member RarePosts: 3,318

The population is just fine despite what EQ2 haters try to claim.