Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

mercenaries slow game play?

DrukstylzDrukstylz Member Posts: 189

Does the 9 mercenaries per person bog down game play when in a party?

My main concern is that it will reduce the need to party, and I hate playing mmo's that feel like single players.

Comments

• nywlanasnywlanas Member Posts: 334

it doesn't decrease the need to party because in one turn only a maximum of 5 characters on your team could attack. depending on your action power, it could be only 3 or 2 that will attack in a turn.

partying is also needed because gaining exp is faster that way. you could leech (with the permission of your partymate of course) and also there are shadow dungeons wherein monsters could call for reinforcements during the battle and it's pretty hard not doing it in a party.

• wolvie3131wolvie3131 Member UncommonPosts: 196

I found partying in this game  a lot of fun and something that takes some strategy

(getting combos are great)

I dont think it bogs down at all to be honest..

• MhirMhir Member Posts: 41

It doesn't have that much effect, since if you party with any mmo's out there, the main purporse of party is to support, help out one another, the party system here at Atlantica is quite unique, even though your levels are way to high for one another, you can still gain experience and even though you guys are not together on the same map or site, you can still gain experience. How cool was that?

• SlappanSlappan Member Posts: 289

Not really, since the battles give approximately the same number of experience that you would get in other MMORPGs, and the battle itself is pretty fast depending on the strength of your mercs, and the toughness of the enemies. What would be a problem though, is if you're the kind of player who just keeps on hitting enemies mindlessly. Here, every battle, you need to think even just a little.

• dt1984dt1984 Member Posts: 218

From what i have noticed ingame, partying doesn't slow anything. First of all, you and your party mates move at the same time and so is/are you opponents therefore the game speed is approximately the same as compared to when you play alone. As a matter of fact, battles most of the time is faster as a party compared to fighting alone simply because of the addition of combo spells and the strategy of killing that can be utilized to inimize the time delay on changing turns with the opponent.

• lordlapselordlapse Member Posts: 231
    Originally posted by Drukstylz

Does the 9 mercenaries per person bog down game play when in a party?
    My main concern is that it will reduce the need to party, and I hate playing mmo's that feel like single players.

Go to a party and experience gained will definitely slow down. Stamina lost is reduced and questing becomes faster though. Having 9 won't affect you at all. You can always adjust the battle speed.