Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CD key already used?!

I purchased Warhammer Online over 2 days ago and upon trying to register a new master account, it is saying my CD key has already been used!  So, I opened a support ticket with them right away but haven't heard a peep.  Since they are not responding, I am wondering if I should try calling them.  Anybody else encounter this problem?

Comments

• checkthis500checkthis500 Member Posts: 1,236
    Originally posted by Ylikone

I purchased Warhammer Online over 2 days ago and upon trying to register a new master account, it is saying my CD key has already been used!  So, I opened a support ticket with them right away but haven't heard a peep.  Since they are not responding, I am wondering if I should try calling them.  Anybody else encounter this problem?

I would call, but make sure you call Mythic and not EA. lol.

---------------------------------------------
    I live to fight, and fight to live.

• CoyoteturkeyCoyoteturkey Member Posts: 102

I've not heard of this happening in any MMORPG, I've ever played. I hope you get your problem fixed man.

• wesjrwesjr Member UncommonPosts: 506

You get it from walmart or something?

If was prob opened or a return and  they copied the key down.

• YlikoneYlikone Member Posts: 7

I got the game from a local BestBuy.  If I haven't gotten a reply by tomorrow, I will phone. 

• mierbuttreekmierbuttreek Member Posts: 2

Im having the same problem but im in eu  having been unable to login i contacted goa and they confirmed yesterday that my cd key was linked to another account.I bought the game new from GAME on thursday last week they wont take the game back due to copyright issues,so do i also get intouch with mythic or EA and doe's anybody know a number or email i could use to contact mythic ive looked for a ea number but so far im dumbstruck!!

• PheacePheace Member Posts: 2,408
    Originally posted by Coyoteturkey

I've not heard of this happening in any MMORPG, I've ever played. I hope you get your problem fixed man.

So, how many weeks have you been playing MMO's?

• korvixkorvix Member Posts: 477

when buying any game that uses Keys....make sure the damn box isnt opened first. I never buy from GameStop or any "gaming" store that holds the box matieral and Disks behind the counter, ppl jack that shit all the time. Shrink wraped boxs are the way to go.

Most places you can go back to and make a huge fuss, or say the disk was defective and you got "drive errors" when you tried to install, normaly they will give you a new box.

Protip: you dont have to return the box to the same store you got it from. Bestbuy and WalMart will exchange the box without a receipt if you have a valid ID (they will only do this 2 times per year).

Heaven or Hell...ROUND 2!!! Walmart does not open the boxes after you exchange a game (Bestbuy does sometimes) soooooo, if a enterprising person wants to get a full refund where you bought the game....and needs a sealed box.....

~Enjoy.

• RavenRaven Member UncommonPosts: 2,005
    Originally posted by Pheace

Originally posted by Coyoteturkey

So, how many weeks have you been playing MMO's?

Was thinking the same lol. This sort of thing can happen quite easily, either by the shop not being carefull or by their employees simply writing them down and using them or giving them to people this isnt unheard of, was your copy sealed with the cover plastic when you got if from the shop? If not, then its the retailers responsibility and you should ask for a refund/another copy. 

Edit: When i went to pickup 2 boxes at HMV they were unsealed ( not plastic wrapped) before leaving I had a chat with the store manager and made sure he knew i was gonna try them if they were in use I was gonna return within the hour to get a new copy, fortunetly they were not in use, but this method of keepin the CDs at the counter just makes it easier for employees to just copy the keys.

• mierbuttreekmierbuttreek Member Posts: 2

So back to my question  doe's anybody have  a number or a email address for mythic  or EA please.

• Keeper2000Keeper2000 Member UncommonPosts: 637
    Originally posted by mierbuttreek

So back to my question  doe's anybody have  a number or a email address for mythic  or EA please.

herald.warhammeronline.com/support/

• YlikoneYlikone Member Posts: 7

So I finally get a reply and they say my account is linked to someone named Tyler and that I should return the game to where I purchased it.  So I'm about to go out soon to get it replaced.  Funny thing is this came from a shop where it was on the shelf with many other copies and it was triple sealed!  First the carboard layer on top which had tape on top and bottom.  Next, the shrinkwrap on the case.  Finally the protective stickers on top/bottom of the case.  Unless someone was very skilled in resealing, how could they have obtained the key?

• Z3R01Z3R01 Member UncommonPosts: 2,425
    Originally posted by Ylikone

So I finally get a reply and they say my account is linked to someone named Tyler and that I should return the game to where I purchased it.  So I'm about to go out soon to get it replaced.  Funny thing is this came from a shop where it was on the shelf with many other copies and it was triple sealed!  First the carboard layer on top which had tape on top and bottom.  Next, the shrinkwrap on the case.  Finally the protective stickers on top/bottom of the case.  Unless someone was very skilled in resealing, how could they have obtained the key?

You can steam the stickers off, then reaply them very easily.

I used to do this when I worked at Walmart back when I was a teenager.

I was bad.....

Playing: Nothing

Looking forward to: Nothing