Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Gutted as I live in England and can't play

2»

Comments

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    European players causing lad wouldn't really be a bad problem. If there were players connecting from some other planet then the lag would be a problem, but the distance over Atlantic Ocean is so short that Europeans don't have so bad ping they'd really lag in a game like Mabinogi.

It's done because someone thinks they can make more money by opening servers with IP bans than by opening servers without IP bans. Purely for profit.

• wolfmannwolfmann Member Posts: 1,159

Originally posted by Feldron

While a good connection and prgraming can off set lag its not always the case add on top at free games dont spend extra money on this you can see it in many games you might notice it more in a pvp or a shooter
    you can tell how big of a deal it is with some shooters when you see a bunch of players lag and then the server crashes
    Its a problem even if you haven't experenced it
    back in the old days of mmos large pvp fights would crash servers alot
    Now if you add on a guy who the server has to wait for responses from because he is connecting from further away, if the server is not prgramed right it will lag waiting for info when enough of this builds up the server crashes
    So yeah players connecting to a game not set up to handle them is a problem and does lead to both lag and even crashes
    While the game or servers can be programed around this most the free games arent or wont just because of man power time money
    Secondly Nexon stated they have the contract only for NA. Remember even if they have a nexon branch in another counrty its likely lisensed in that country and for tax and other proposes they are completely different companies even if one owns and started the other.
    That means the US Nexon company only holds a contract for a NA release as posted on their website and cant let you in even if their european or malayian counter parts have contacts
    Thats just how the world works

I got a nice lil bridge for sale, only 20.000$ and the Golden Gate can be yours.

imageThe last of the Trackers

• ragnarokekragnarokek Member Posts: 134

hotspot shield is my new best friend!!! those people at anchor free are now my gods 

• SyriSyri Member UncommonPosts: 230
    Originally posted by Jo-Gamer

Originally posted by Lonewolf

Managed to play a little last night, as they hadn't added in the IP blocker, but now can't connect any longer
    I am truly gutted as I finally found a game I enjoyed and now can't play
    Hope my American friends can enjoy what sadly as a English Citizen I am not privileged enough to experience

Yeah that's pretty bad, no logic behind it.  Oh btw, there is no such thing as an English citizen. :P

don't I exist then?? cause I'm a citizen of England...

------------------------------
    Currently playing: Rift

former player of: DAoC, Everquest 2, Guild Wars, SWG (pre-NGE), WoW, Warhammer online, LotR:O

• morrisprem1morrisprem1 Member Posts: 5

WTH is wrong with Hotspot!!!

i cant even connect to the server!

if i try to connect it says "bandwith exceeded" does that mean that my inet is too fast???

• SusanooSusanoo Member Posts: 2

No that means you have either no reallife and played more than 12 hours a day or you simply forgot to turn hotspot off and exceeded the transfer limit of 5 GB data.

Which does not matter anymore since nexon banned all Hotspot shield VPN IPs two days ago.

Does anyone know of an alternative prog to mask an european IP as USA?

• sidfusidfu Member Posts: 170

this game isnt worth the trouble to u anyway to get the full  fun from the game u need to spend upwards of more than a p2p game.

• iFroobiFroob Member Posts: 52

R.I.P Level 29 Mage

Nexon wasted my time, big time.

Fuxing part time jobs. ._.

• ozzyxozzyx Member Posts: 9

hey guys, made an account.. without hotspot on, i then downloaded the game client, it didnt work so i thought i should download hotspot and then i tryed again..

"not in a service area" while hotspot was on... i then deleted my account, made a new one with hotspot shield on  (said i live in california) and it STIL SAYS IM NOT IN A SERVICE AREA.... wats going on...

Edit: i know the guy above me said that hotspot is banned but some guys using it is still on it...

by the way " hide my ip " doesnt work either

• I tried to make an account for this game's US servers once and they blocked my IP (Republic of China) and wouldn't send me a confirmation email. I then found out about Hot Spot shield and tried to make an account with that on. It didn't work. So I at last asked a friend in the US to make an account for me and that worked. I turned on HotSpot shield to login and didn't have any problems.

• LeaveMeAl0neLeaveMeAl0ne Member Posts: 2

my internet connection starts from other server  i can't change my ip so easy , Only 1 trial program is works for me ( anonymizer.com )

But my internet speed is to low with that program even after uninstalling . I had to reinstall Windows after using that soft . Mabye some1 works with that program and can give me a license key - or explain how to work with that prog correctly

• DarwaDarwa Member UncommonPosts: 2,181

After the latest update from Anonymizer, the best thing you can do is remove it from your system.

I bought a copy 2 months ago, and did just that, but that's another rant...