Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WAR -27% reduction in gametime over the last two weeks!!

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • checkthis500checkthis500 Member Posts: 1,236

Here's something fun to think about:

If xfire players is a good sample of the population.  That's a big IF, but we're going to assume Orionman is correct.

WoW's current numbers are around 90k.  WAR's current numbers are around 12k.  So roughly 1/8th of the numbers.

Also someone mention that Xfire is available in Europe and North America.  So going by MMOGchart numbers.  Europe and North America combined has WoW sitting at 4.5 million accounts.

Now if we're to say that WAR has 1/8th of the accounts WoW has going by the numbers on xfire for users, we can say that WAR has 1/2 a million accounts.  And if this is failing, then I don't know what failing is.

If we however use another projection.  90k is 8 million * .125.  So if we take 12k and divide it by .125 we get .5 million accounts.

And if we're going to assume that Orionman is accurate with his xfire numbers.  Then WAR has over 500k accounts.

So I'd just like to say thank you to Orionman for letting us know how successful WAR is. :) 

EDIT: Quick math doesn't equal accurate math.  Edited for stupidity and quick calculations. :p

---------------------------------------------
    I live to fight, and fight to live.

• bodypassbodypass Member Posts: 770
    Originally posted by checkthis500

If xfire players is a good sample of the population.  That's a big IF, but we're going to assume Orionman is correct.
    WoW's current numbers are around 90k.  WAR's current numbers are around 12k.  So roughly 1/8th of the numbers.
    Also someone mention that Xfire is available in Europe and North America.  So going by MMOGchart numbers.  Europe and North America combined has WoW sitting at 8 million accounts.
    Now if we're to say that WAR has 1/8th of the accounts WoW has going by the numbers on xfire for users, we can say that WAR has 1 million accounts.  And if this is failing, then I don't know what failing is.
    If we however use another projection.  90k is 8 million * .01125.  So if we take 12k and divide it by .01125 we get 1.06 million accounts.
    And if we're going to assume that Orionman is accurate with his xfire numbers.  Then WAR has over a million accounts.
    So I'd just like to say thank you to Orionman for letting us know how successful WAR is. :)

One Problem in your enthousiastic reasoning....

Wow has 4.5 million subscriptions in US/EU, not 8. As not all will be playing now before the expansion of Wow, while WAR is new you should roughly take 4 million

So divided by 8 .... would mean : 500 K users for WAR only.

Now enters the best part: Mythic said 750 K "accounts created"  - whatever that means - on Oct 10th (and 500K on the first 24/48 hours).

So that means already 33% of WAR are no longer playing even before the free play time runs out.

It IS intersting to read that there are LESS players playing War (Xfire wise) than on the launching date and weekend. .... but ...

after 3 weeks their number of players has incresed with 50% according to Mythic.

..... This can only mean .... 250 K are no longer playing.

But yes a rating of about 40/50 K on Xfire could mean about 500 K active players (not subscribers but active players), as AoC also had 400 K subscribers at that period they had 40/50 K Xfire players (end of June).

So the number IS 500K not 1 M like you deducted.

• OpticaleyeOpticaleye Member Posts: 498

I can tell you why people are not playing it.The game is an average game.The only new thing it has done is PQ's and thats it.

I can tell you this if i had purchased a CE edition of this i would be dissapointed.The game is no worse than VG or WoW ot ANY game that came out in the last 5 years.

The PvP system has no consequence to the player in a direct fashion.

This is what i call the "post hype syndrome"(PHS) when people realize that after the novelty does wear off of a new game launch that it is a standard mmo.

What is your physical limit?

• checkthis500checkthis500 Member Posts: 1,236
    Originally posted by bodypass

Originally posted by checkthis500

Also someone mention that Xfire is available in Europe and North America.  So going by MMOGchart numbers.  Europe and North America combined has WoW sitting at 8 million accounts.
    Now if we're to say that WAR has 1/8th of the accounts WoW has going by the numbers on xfire for users, we can say that WAR has 1 million accounts.  And if this is failing, then I don't know what failing is.
    If we however use another projection.  90k is 8 million * .01125.  So if we take 12k and divide it by .01125 we get 1.06 million accounts.
    And if we're going to assume that Orionman is accurate with his xfire numbers.  Then WAR has over a million accounts.

One Problem in your enthousiastic reasoning....

Wow has 4.5 million subscriptions in US/EU, not 8. As not all will be playing now before the expansion of Wow, while WAR is new you should roughly take 4 million

So divided by 8 .... would mean : 500 K users for WAR only.

Now enters the best part: Mythic said 750 K "accounts created"  - whatever that means - on Oct 10th (and 500K on the first 24/48 hours).

So that means already 33% of WAR are no longer playing even before the free play time runs out.

It IS intersting to read that there are LESS players playing War (Xfire wise) than on the launching date and weekend. .... but ...

after 3 weeks their number of players has incresed with 50% according to Mythic.

..... This can only mean .... 250 K are no longer playing.

But yes a rating of about 40/50 K on Xfire could mean about 500 K active players (not subscribers but active players), as AoC also had 400 K subscribers at that period they had 40/50 K Xfire players (end of June).

So the number IS 500K not 1 M like you deducted.

Ouch, you got me.  It is 500k.  Bah.  Like I said before quick math could be wrong. :p

Asia != Europe :p

Europe + NA = 4.5 million from mmogchart.com.  I'll edit my original post and put it here as well.

562000 is the right number. :p

Which makes more sense, since new MMOs have a drop off. 

Yarg.  Oh well, my point still somewhat stands.  500k subs isn't that bad 3.5 weeks after launch.

Thanks for pointing that out.  My goal wasn't misinformation. :)

---------------------------------------------
    I live to fight, and fight to live.

• GregtheexconGregtheexcon Member Posts: 203

How come X-Fire is these peoples arguement that this game is gonna fail? I don't use X-Fire, my friends don't, and im pretty sure well over 50 pct of the pop don't use it. So please, get more info. X-Fire users don' dictate the success of the game. 

If this makes you feel smart or prove a point, your so wrong. I have never seen a game get released and not have the population slowly drop. Its unheard of. ALOT of people never join a game on release because they know bugs come with new releases. So they will wait. So guess what, new players will take those spots, and probably won't use X-Fire

I just wish all these haters and people saying this game is a flop would just quit the game, the forums and go somewhere else. Your trash threads and meaningless information are not wanted here.

Enjoy : )

• OrionManOrionMan Member Posts: 423

Results of the poll is getting very interesting. This should in fact give Mythic a good clue about what they need to work on.

• bodypassbodypass Member Posts: 770
    Originally posted by Gregtheexcon

How come X-Fire is these peoples arguement that this game is gonna fail? I don't use X-Fire, my friends don't, and im pretty sure well over 50 pct of the pop don't use it. So please, get more info. X-Fire users don' dictate the success of the game. 
    If this makes you feel smart or prove a point, your so wrong. I have never seen a game get released and not have the population slowly drop. Its unheard of. ALOT of people never join a game on release because they know bugs come with new releases. So they will wait. So guess what, new players will take those spots, and probably won't use X-Fire
    I just wish all these haters and people saying this game is a flop would just quit the game, the forums and go somewhere else. Your trash threads and meaningless information are not wanted here.

Every sample needs to be taken with a little "reserve", but  xfire shows what their users do. As Xfire users are part of the gaming community, they repesent "gamers using xfire". As such gamers are not from Mars or Jupiter, they behave like most other "western" gamers do.

I don't think that in these days games "grow" after the initial launch period. Too many new games, too many new releases, too many choices and hypes for "the next kid on the block".

Unless.... unless you can open up a market which is not a traditional gaming public.

Like Wow did or Nintendo did with the Wii and DS

War is too niche to enter that market (apart from what I think of it).

So the maximum number of subs War willl have is about "now", because there are no subs to pay yet....

• DaorokDaorok Member Posts: 55

Every sample needs to be taken with a little "reserve", but  xfire shows what their users do. As Xfire users are part of the gaming community, they repesent "gamers using xfire". As such gamers are not from Mars or Jupiter, they behave like most other "western" gamers do.

I don't think that in these days games "grow" after the initial launch period. Too many new games, too many new releases, too many choices and hypes for "the next kid on the block".

Unless.... unless you can open up a market which is not a traditional gaming public.

So the maximum number of subs War willl have is about "now", because there are no subs to pay yet....

Wii and DS were pretty good revolutions. It's just unfortunate that they didn't really make alot of good games for the wii. I've seen maybe a select few that really utillize their new remote system the way it should be used or games that make good use of the duel screens on the DS. I guess seeing as how it's a relitivaly new design that many gaming companies have yet to utilize them to their full potential. Hopefully given time WAR will evolve to utilize it's full potential as well.

"Whoever said 'honesty is the best policy' didn't have a girlfriend with a fat @$$";

• TonevTonev Member Posts: 462

I don't know about the numbers but I gave up on Warhammer after being in beta for several months (hell after they dropped the 4 classes, I was through with the game).

My brother and his girl friend who also played throughout beta bought the game and ended up going back to WOW (I joined them) as they felt the game was rushed out too early (and they played 24/7 throughout beta).

I think, in order for you to get a good count of numbers and accurate counts you may wanna try running these numbers after the 30 day trial period ( one whole month of Mondays at least).

• GolominGolomin Member Posts: 141

Makes me wonder.. all the time you guys spend trying to get some hit on this game, why don't you learn something new in that time? You just might see you aren't such an average joe after all. I play the game every night and this is what I see in one keep (multiple are being attacked)..

granted I didn't take them to show the wide popularity game, just because I thought it was neat at the time. However, it worked both ways I assume.

Hell.. just taking a SS of the Scenario town lovers is enough to say the popularity of the game.

• GregtheexconGregtheexcon Member Posts: 203

Im not arguing about the games overall success, its the point of people using such a bland, not overly used program to dictate the success of a game. It makes no sense. What people are failing to realise is this is not a WOW killer, or it ever was suppose to be. WOW revolutionized mmo's. Plain and simple. It will die on its on.

People just need to let go of the fact that as far as ice breaking for a new evolution in gaming is no where close. All mmo's will be same for at least another generation, its the extras that make it appealing to others. WAR isn't perfect at it yet, but with perfection comes time which people are giving it (except the haters)

People gotta come up with more usefull information on this game being a "flop" instead of x-fire. Its not a good source for a games success. Thats all there is to it.

Enjoy : )

• GolominGolomin Member Posts: 141
    Originally posted by Tonev

I don't know about the numbers but I gave up on Warhammer after being in beta for several months (hell after they dropped the 4 classes, I was through with the game).

My brother and his girl friend who also played throughout beta bought the game and ended up going back to WOW (I joined them) as they felt the game was rushed out too early (and they played 24/7 throughout beta).
    I think, in order for you to get a good count of numbers and accurate counts you may wanna try running these numbers after the 30 day trial period ( one whole month of Mondays at least).

No, you're brother and his girlfriend were pure leeches to the game. Ofcourse, they're going to play it 24/7 when it is free and ofcourse they're going to say the game was rushed out too early. This the #1 statement all beta testers say and to be honest, I don't by it; you're playing a free game and you don't want to pay for it. Simply as that.

• protorocprotoroc Member Posts: 1,042

Reason I'm not playing WAR atm summed in one word: poon.

• jblahjblah Member UncommonPosts: 368

Ok look I am also pissed I spent money on AOC but making these posts over and over again to make yourself feel better about AOC will not change that fact. Gloating over X-fire numbers is a very weak attempt to derail a game way beyond AOC.

Did funcom stop giving the loyal players the special kool-aid or something? Funcom failed period yes WAR has some problems but trying to compare to AOC is crazy. AOC wishes it had Warhammers problems when was the last time you had a decent patch from funcom anyway? it has been how many months and how many promises?

I guess at this point even breathing and waking up in the morning is more than AOC has provided so far. Please we all realize that the AOC forums are very slow I used to read them myself for a good laugh but point your Xfire numbers elsewhere.

Playing- Guild Wars 2, SWTOR
    SWTOR Referral Link Get a free Server Transfer and lots of other free stuff for your SWTOR account! Works for both new and previous players.

• MagterMagter Member Posts: 289

I have a weak computer so I'm upgrading it to play WAR...with lag, WAR can sometimes get frustrating but with no lag...it is hella fun

Also bugs are not an issue at all, Performance is good, low population sometimes sucks, but all in all I think the game is still fun especially tier 1, 3 and 4. Tier 2 was very boring and that is where most people are at right now. Also some people have a life and can't spend 24/7 playing.

Purpose in life is not to gain things, but experience. - Rover64dd

• TonevTonev Member Posts: 462
    Originally posted by Golomin

Originally posted by Tonev

No, you're brother and his girlfriend were pure leeches to the game. Ofcourse, they're going to play it 24/7 when it is free and ofcourse they're going to say the game was rushed out too early. This the #1 statement all beta testers say and to be honest, I don't by it; you're playing a free game and you don't want to pay for it. Simply as that.

First off did you just register here today?

Secondly, if you in your whole miserable life beta tested for a company, through bugs and crashes in a RvR or PvP specific game you would know that they had no party testing this stuff (I know I didn't).

To call someone leeches or any other parasitic slug when you don't know what they contributed to a game's development is very stupid and ignorant on your part.

• CobraSolidusCobraSolidus Member Posts: 369

I voted technical issues like lagg, random crash to desktop and low performance. For me this is the killer. Warboi's keep claiming there are very few of us techtroubled people around but I don't know. The poll show 10% which is kind of high considering all the options.

• xxlilDevilxxxxlilDevilxx Member UncommonPosts: 245
    Originally posted by OrionMan

It is monday again and as I promissed last Thursday, when the fanboisquad was flaming me from right and left because of the xfire numbers I posted, I said I would rather come back this Monday to have another look on the negative trend as the trend would be clearer with another week under the belt.
    www.xfire.com/games/who/Warhammer_Online_Age_of_Reckoning/
    As you can see WAR is still dropping in popularity and if you compare WAR gamingtime Monday the 13th of Oct to Sep 29th you see there is about a -27% reduction in gamingtime and -35% reduction in gaming population.I don't know about you but I think it could get much worse by the end of the week when free sub start to run out. Lets have a poll so that we can form a consensus on why WAR has such a rapid popularity drop.

Where is the "All of the above" pick in the poll?

Been playing since closed beta, and most of the performance bugs are still in. The fun factor (was fun doing RVR in beta) just not therer, dead zone even in a med/med (high/high in prime time )server.

The lag issues are still there, the graphic in this game is not even good and there are lags even playing PvE or hitch in scenrios. (my spec are Quad 2600, 4GB ram, 512 8800 GT).

items are still the same as in the beta, they are even worst than AoC. What do I look forward to after I gain level? I gain level so I can look like all the other people in the same class?

Everything in the same from T1 except the mobs levels and diff scens.

Although this game is not as bad as AoC, comparing Xfire is useless. They try to do some damage control now, good luck Mystics but you are not getting my sub. Other people think mmo get better and better from fixes and patches are just low standards, performance can fix, bugs can fix, but the core of the game cant be fix. What are you gonna do when you hit lv 40? Grind more renown for some RVR armours that looks just like the guy next to you? Or get a keep only knowing the other side can get it back easily? City seige?

• ethionethion Member UncommonPosts: 2,888
    Originally posted by Hamrtime2

{ Mod Delete }

Although I guess a big difference is that most of the people posting about AoC were AoC funcom customers that were hyped up on the game and really excited and felt extremely betrayed and lied to by Funcom.  I mean funcom did promise the world and hid the reality from customers with a limited open beta knowing full well that the game wasn't complete.  They gave players amazing armors at lvl 20 telling them this was what AoC was going to be.  Then they delivered a game that was wonderful 1-20 but as soon as you passed 20 shortcomings that were blatently hidden became screamingly obvious.

So yeah there is hostility toward funcom, and I'd say well deserved.  However there are some and I count myself in this group that still hope that AoC will be the game that was sold to us.  I loved the game from 1-20.  I posted a review on the forums saying it was the best game ever!!  I'd still like to play that game.  I just don't believe that even today AoC is still upto the game that was advertised.

So coming back to War, why the hate toward war?  Just that people who left AoC are playing war and a lot of them are still pretty happy with the game?  So now you feel the burning need to trash War to get back at the people that left AoC and had nothing but bad words to say about it?? 

Honestly you should focus your energy on playing AoC and not trolling the war forums.  If you want to buy the game and give feedback or you don't like something, by all means post it.  Maybe the devs will see it and take your advice.  This is why we post negative feedback isn't it?  To maybe get attention that something is not right and needs to be fixed.

AoC is doing well now.  It has stabilized and it looks like they are finally coming out with some good patches.  The AoC forums are the place to help people wanting to know about the game.

{ Mod Edit }

---
    Ethion

Originally posted by xxlilDevilxx

It is monday again and as I promissed last Thursday, when the fanboisquad was flaming me from right and left because of the xfire numbers I posted, I said I would rather come back this Monday to have another look on the negative trend as the trend would be clearer with another week under the belt.
    As you can see WAR is still dropping in popularity and if you compare WAR gamingtime Monday the 13th of Oct to Sep 29th you see there is about a -27% reduction in gamingtime and -35% reduction in gaming population.I don't know about you but I think it could get much worse by the end of the week when free sub start to run out. Lets have a poll so that we can form a consensus on why WAR has such a rapid popularity drop.

Been playing since closed beta, and most of the performance bugs are still in. The fun factor (was fun doing RVR in beta) just not therer, dead zone even in a med/med (high/high in prime time )server.

The lag issues are still there, the graphic in this game is not even good and there are lags even playing PvE or hitch in scenrios. (my spec are Quad 2600, 4GB ram, 512 8800 GT).

items are still the same as in the beta, they are even worst than AoC. What do I look forward to after I gain level? I gain level so I can look like all the other people in the same class?

Although this game is not as bad as AoC, comparing Xfire is useless. They try to do some damage control now, good luck Mystics but you are not getting my sub. Other people think mmo get better and better from fixes and patches are just low standards, performance can fix, bugs can fix, but the core of the game cant be fix. What are you gonna do when you hit lv 40? Grind more renown for some RVR armours that looks just like the guy next to you? Or get a keep only knowing the other side can get it back easily? City seige?

I am so glad to see you post this.. Now I am officially not the only one with all this junk going on performance wise. I thought I was going mad, I have a 8800 GTX after all. Is this stuff getting worse with the patches or is it just the same?

• AbrahmmAbrahmm Member Posts: 2,448
    Originally posted by CobraSolidus

I am so glad to see you post this.. Now I am officially not the only one with all this junk going on performance wise. I thought I was going mad, I have a 8800 GTX after all. Is this stuff getting worse with the patches or is it just the same?

I had the same issues in the preview weekend(Don't know if they fixed them or not). I was getting graphical "hiccups" every few seconds while playing, and there is no way in hell my 8800gts couldn't handle WAR's subpar graphics. I had better performance in AoC(on max settings) than I did in WAR(on the restricted low beta settings), and that is saying something.

Tried: LotR, CoH, AoC, WAR, Jumpgate Classic
    Played: SWG, Guild Wars, WoW
    Playing: Eve Online, Counter-strike
    Loved: Star Wars Galaxies
    Waiting for: Earthrise, Guild Wars 2, anything sandbox.

Originally posted by Abrahmm
    Originally posted by CobraSolidus

As you can see WAR is still dropping in popularity and if you compare WAR gamingtime Monday the 13th of Oct to Sep 29th you see there is about a -27% reduction in gamingtime and -35% reduction in gaming population.I don't know about you but I think it could get much worse by the end of the week when free sub start to run out. Lets have a poll so that we can form a consensus on why WAR has such a rapid popularity drop.

I had the same issues in the preview weekend(Don't know if they fixed them or not). I was getting graphical "hiccups" every few seconds while playing, and there is no way in hell my 8800gts couldn't handle WAR's subpar graphics. I had better performance in AoC(on max settings) than I did in WAR(on the restricted low beta settings), and that is saying something.

OMG, you have the exact same experiences as me. I run AoC on 30-40 FPS on high, while WAR would just take a crap in my face. Soooo frustrating. This is first time I hear somebody with same Videocard as me having this problem. Also, when I post over here to get help on this, the WARsquad pulls up in a second and flame me to death so not much help there either. Perhaps I can ask you what other hardware you have in your rig, and if others see the same stuff?

• xxlilDevilxxxxlilDevilxx Member UncommonPosts: 245

I also tested on two of my laptops, they are

Core 2 dual 2.0 2GB ram 512mb 7700Go with xp

Core 2 dual 2.6 4GB ram 9300 with vista

my desktop

Quad 2.6 4GB ram 512 8800GT with vista as I stated before.

They all have hicc-ups and slowdowns. The problems of CTD are getting better from beta.

CTD from none to last closed beta once  1 - 1 1/2 hours -> launch once every 2 hours -> now once a day

Oh, and I tried everything from graphic card 1.67 -> lastest version 1.78

I honestly dont think is my problem, is more like server problem. The population cap is low enough already and we experience lags from gameplay AND mail (60-90 seconds to open and get the item from the mail is unexceptable imo).

Latest verion of the patch makes scenrios unplayable for me, i got like 60 second frozen time right after I join/get into the scenrios and another 30 seconds or so after it was over. These kind of stuff are even worst than beta. My prediction is this game will share the same fate as AoC, but have more player base only because Warhammer ip.

• _Shadowmage_Shadowmage Member Posts: 1,459

Considering you have never played WAR - how did you come up with your questions and what value do they have.

Bad news for you - all those people who according to you have left WAR - apparently none of them went back to AOC as its xfire numbers are down from the previous Monday. AOC has dropped from #39 to #41 on xfire, whilst WAR is still hanging in at #5.

This discussion has been closed.