Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What am I doing wrong?

So I've been hearing good things about Warhammer and have been very impressed with the fixes so far, so I decided to buy a copy. I even sprung for the Collector's Edition after discovering my local game store had a few left. So I take the box home, pry it open and dig out the CDs. Game installs smoothly, no problems there, but I get to the website to register my key and...

... what a nightmare. I've been sitting here for the last 3 hours trying to register the game with zero success. I managed to make it to the subscription options screen one time, but it seems to time out every time I try to do anything. Most of the time I don't even make it to choose whether I want the 1-month or 3-month. If there's an issue with my CD key, it hasn't said anything so far. The error I receive is very vague and non-descriptive, and kicks me back to the homepage (which ironically takes 20 mins to load and even that one sometimes times out). Did I choose a bad time to sign up, or is this a pretty common issue?

EDIT: I forgot to mention I even tried calling "support" which is actually just a recorded voice who reads a list of options, asks you to say one out loud, then discards all information, says "I can't help you" and hangs up. What a joke.

Comments

• Random_mageRandom_mage Member UncommonPosts: 1,093

Press 0.. a lot.

And I think the Q is supposed to be an 0.. or something along those lines..

And make sure you are entering the correct key.. not the headstart key.

Currently playing Real Life..

http://i36.tinypic.com/2uyod3k.gif

For all your stalking needs..
    http://www.plurk.com/Random_

• AethiosAethios Member Posts: 1,527

No, it's the activation key from the box kit. As far as I can tell, it's the only key in the box. I had the "O = Q" problem with my pre-order a few months ago, but this particular key has no Os or 0s in it at all.

• EvolvedMonkyEvolvedMonky Member Posts: 549
    Originally posted by Aethios

No, it's the activation key from the box kit. As far as I can tell, it's the only key in the box. I had the "O = Q" problem with my pre-order a few months ago, but this particular key has no Os or 0s in it at all.

Take it back. Ive had a few games throught the years that keys dont work.

That always solved em.  But the reg key support cant be as bad as Micro$ofts. I always cuss at it or add comments when it asks yes or no. Makes me feel good inside.

Originally posted by EvolvedMonky

That always solved em.  But the reg key support cant be as bad as Micro$ofts. I always cuss at it or add comments when it asks yes or no. Makes me feel good inside.

This is what I've been trying to say though; the key itself seems to work fine. I just can't get through to the next page. If the key were broken, it would pop up on the page and say "that key doesn't work" or whatever, but it goes through just fine. I don't know if it's latency or they just don't like Firefox or what, but the site is slower than dirt.

• zmortiszmortis Member Posts: 152

Originally posted by EvolvedMonky

This is what I've been trying to say though; the key itself seems to work fine. I just can't get through to the next page. If the key were broken, it would pop up on the page and say "that key doesn't work" or whatever, but it goes through just fine. I don't know if it's latency or they just don't like Firefox or what, but the site is slower than dirt.

I'm not certain, but you might try an alternate web browser.  It's certainly possible that Mythic's commercial web account management site is only compatible with someone else's market dominant web browser product.  If that doesn't help, I'm short on other advice.

Loaded the website in the default IE 6.0 and it worked like a dream. Seems like EA/Mythic needs to get with the times and be a little more flexible, especially with how popular Firefox is among the Internet and gaming communities.

• checkthis500checkthis500 Member Posts: 1,236

Loaded the website in the default IE 6.0 and it worked like a dream. Seems like EA/Mythic needs to get with the times and be a little more flexible, especially with how popular Firefox is among the Internet and gaming communities.

EU or US Account site?  I always use Firefox and haven't had a single problem with the US site.

---------------------------------------------
    I live to fight, and fight to live.

• Keeper2000Keeper2000 Member UncommonPosts: 637
    Originally posted by checkthis500

EU or US Account site?  I always use Firefox and haven't had a single problem with the US site.

Must be EU because Mythic's is compatible with firefox.