Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Warhammer: Top 5 Issues

Comments

• ManchineManchine Member UncommonPosts: 469
    Originally posted by Pheace

Well I wasn't arguing accounts created, just the created *and* playing part of it :p

Cool were on the same wavelength.  :)

• j_jonsonj_jonson Member Posts: 105
    Originally posted by Paragus1

I just wrote an article here detailing what I believe are the games top 5 issues.  I think some of you might be able to relate to some of the items listed.  I'd would love to hear some feedback about whether you agree, or if you feel something else is in your top 5.
    The article can be found HERE, and has also been published on MMOCrunch and R1ftgaming.
    Thanks.

I'm sorry to say but this article was horrible. Most of the problems here are .... well this things should really be called "Things that bothered me. Not really something wrong with the game, just things that bothered me." Not the top five ANYTHING... why? Well let me answer them.

1.  3 Flag RvR zone give you the same amount of renown as a scenario but it's a thousand times easier to take. All you need is .... more people than the other side. The only REAL big difference is the fact that you dont have to travel to the location.  That's it, the end. And lets not ignore the fact that if all areas are taken over in a zone you get bonus exp for PQ for RvR, cheaper items and i think you sell your stuff for more cash, i dont remember the last one. And that last for a guaranteed for 15 minutes at least.

2. I can't believe i'm saying this but..... learn 2 play. I KNEW people were going to b!tch about the archers on both sides because they are a support class. Do you know what support means, people? You stay at the back and control the fight...control the fight you say? Yes, i say. All the way at the back you can see what is going on. While the warriors are knocking each other out and the mages are nuking like mad you can what people on the other side need a little bleeding.  A healer is healing the tank? I think he needs some dmg, oh a nuker thinks he is fine so close to the action PLINK TO THA FACE! Your role isn't to rain down damage, your role is to pick your spot and surgically strike!

This game isn't centered around 1v1 fights, if a melee dude runs up on you and you are range and haven't taken most of his life by the time he is your face..... you gonna die. And as a Shadow Warrior..... learn to switch stances on the fly please, they are there for a reason. Pretty sure a lot of you folks just dont even do this in the middle of a fight.  If you are close to your target... why are you on long range mode? You dont need that longer range you need that plus to crit.

3. This is the only one where you have an actual semi-point.  But what are you going to do? It's a PC game, pretty sure that most games that get release have a few issues, needless to say an MMO.  But you CAN lower all the settings to see if that helps, yes i know your comp is a beast and you paid a lot for the game to look pretty but since most of the time in PVP is just an effects fest of particles flying all around from attacks..... why does it really need to look pretty? It's just flashing lights. 

4. Since you didn't bring pics of those items with caster stats on the warrior armor I'm just going to have to answer to the items shown. 

B.. Warlord Armguards. 

* 36 more point or armor   

* +5 strength

* +10 Toughness

* +7 wounds

* +8 initiative

* + 3 RANGED CRITICAL CHANCE

Do i need to continue? the +3 Range Crit added to the Skirmish Stance alone makes this armor. Yes.... it has less weapon skill and ballistics but where did those stats go? Well lets see... toughness? Wounds? ETC!? Just because one armor piece has more of one stat than another doesn't mean it's mo betta. You have to look at ALL the other things it offers.

Again, if we have warrior armor with caster stat we do have a problem but this example was not good.

5. Well this one you also seem to have a point with. I haven't been in a guild long enough to check out the guild tab so i have not experience all those problems.

Aldorf causes you to crash because there are a serverely large amount of stuff happening all over the place, this MMO has the most moving parts in cities than any other i have seen. Aldorf takes a huge amount of time to load and is usually at those moment that you crash, it's adding things while you are running around  and it can't catch up. This is mostly troublesome in the high pop servers so if you get to Aldorf please just stand there when you enter the city for like 10 seconds or so,so your comp can catch up.

"I still can't join a scenario from some zones randomly" What does this mean? Scenarios are open based on the people playing. If no one is playing one .... you are not going to be able to play that scenario. So it's very likely that the one deemed "not cool" by the people is going to be harder to get into.

Actually one funny bug that happen in a scenario was that a Black Orc hit my Shadow Warrior so hard that i fell through the stage..... true story. Actually it more like some knockback attack, i guess,  that got me stuck in an area and i eventually fell through but he was hitting me while it happened to it looked like the dude knock me off the stage. Pretty funny.

Oh and the Mail Server too has annoyed me but this happens mostly in high pop servers. In med to low pop you will rarely see any of that. So they have to, i guess, make more space in the "Mail Server" for high pop realms.

Conclusion.

Most of the REAL trouble here comes from people getting used to the new system as they compare this new game to the ones they play before, I'm not saying "THIS AINT WOW GET OVER IT!" but from a person that has player a number of MMOs, the hardest thing to tranfer to a new game is your thoughts, your views on how an MMO should be, how it should play. Because you are used to stuff being one way and when you see another you quickly find fault ranther than examine why it is this new way.

Ps- one thing i dont get about the gold spammer thing is....there is hardly any talking going on in this game...... so why would you pay attention to a severely long MSG pooping on your window? I dont even have to look anymore to notice when it's a farmer or a real msg.  Anyway, they are an annoyance so get rid of them.  

MMEEEEEHHHHH!!!

• FreddyNoNoseFreddyNoNose Member Posts: 1,558

Originally posted by irongamer

Just about every MMO played has these issues. Heck, balance is always an "issue" even years later these games.

So it's ok to for devs to make games with issues. People can just point to other games and say, look other games have those issues! I't ok. The game that should not be mentioned has issues, so all games are allowed to have issues and the haters should just shut their piehole. As consumers we pay for and expect issues. So it's all ok.

• MoretrinketsMoretrinkets Member Posts: 730

the issue with this game is that there are no Empire tank class. Most players doesnt like dwarves, so the option they have is to roll an elf Sword Master, and many players dont like that class either. Funny thing is that in-game you see a lot of Empire NPCs with sword and shield, yet you can not play one. No wonder Mythic is giving extra XP in some servers for people that roll Order. Classes may be balanced, but Order is not appealing in my opinion.

I dont know much about Warhammer lore, but I dont like the idea of a wizard that can only cast fire spells(worst class design ever in MMO history). Is that really appealing?  Did I missed too much about the lore?

Empire needs a tank very badly. The only thing they have is Warrior Priest, which is a hybrid, but cant tank like other classes. And why WP cant wear hair? Who is cuting their hair bald in-game lol

• Paragus1Paragus1 Member UncommonPosts: 1,741

Wow thanks J_J, stupid me!   I just need to lern2play!  Why didn't I think of that?!

All I have to do is switch to assault stance when someone gets close and I'll live!   That meakes sense.   It doubles my armor, which is good because witch elves have an ability to completely negate ALL of their enemy's armor.

What level and class are you playing if you don't mind me asking?

• DuraheLLDuraheLL Member Posts: 2,951

OP:

Every word is true.

I am a little worried about how they will solve the class imbalances since I have no experience with Mythic when it comes to balanceing.

$OE lies list
    http://www.rlmmo.com/viewtopic.php?t=424&start=0
    "
    And I don't want to hear anything about "I don't believe in vampires" because *I* don't believe in vampires, but I believe in my own two eyes, and what *I* saw is ******* vampires! "

• j_jonsonj_jonson Member Posts: 105

Wow thanks J_J, stupid me!   I just need to lern2play!  Why didn't I think of that?!
    All I have to do is switch to assault stance when someone gets close and I'll live!   That meakes sense.   It doubles my armor, which is good because witch elves have an ability to completely negate ALL of their enemy's armor.

Excuse me but i didn't say that if you switch stances you'll live. I clearly wrote down that if by the time a melee character is in your face and most of his health isn't gone you are going to die.

If fact, i didn't even mentioned assault stance in my post at all. The one i DID talk about was skirmish which is a stance that's there to basically make you do more damage.

So not only do you need to learn 2 play but you also need to learn 2 read. OOOOOOOOOHHHH!!!! sorry i couldn't resist, man, you made it too easy.

Maybe i was little too harsh at the start of that reply but i'm sorry i get a little annoyed with people that call something broken because they dont understand it or know how to use it.

MMEEEEEHHHHH!!!

• EvolvedMonkyEvolvedMonky Member Posts: 549

Huh??

A witch elf should kill you if they get close.

How many times do people have to tell you this is a team pvp game.  Your character isnt a God who can kill all who stand before em.  Its a big blow to alot of peoples egos and thats the real problem.

• ManchineManchine Member UncommonPosts: 469

The smallest a team should be in scenarioes is 3.  This is a team game just like real life.  Your main group fights it out heading to the objective while a small team goes around the back to hopefully take the objective by surprise.  I have seen the main grouped get wiped because the 3 people were gone and I have seen the small team take the objective.  It just depends on your opponents.  

• GolominGolomin Member Posts: 141

Well I wasn't arguing accounts created, just the created *and* playing part of it :p

You were wrong, accept it and move on please.

• AstralGethAstralGeth Member Posts: 197
    Originally posted by Golomin

You were wrong, accept it and move on please.

He wasn't wrong.

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180
    Originally posted by j_jonson

Excuse me but i didn't say that if you switch stances you'll live. I clearly wrote down that if by the time a melee character is in your face and most of his health isn't gone you are going to die.

If fact, i didn't even mentioned assault stance in my post at all. The one i DID talk about was skirmish which is a stance that's there to basically make you do more damage.

So not only do you need to learn 2 play but you also need to learn 2 read. OOOOOOOOOHHHH!!!! sorry i couldn't resist, man, you made it too easy.

Maybe i was little too harsh at the start of that reply but i'm sorry i get a little annoyed with people that call something broken because they dont understand it or know how to use it.

I will say, Shadow Warriors aren't gimped so much as people just seriously don't play them well.  I've seen SWs as top in damage in some scenarios (seen engineers on top too) .  Believe it or not they can take more damage then BWs but not nearly as much as WLs.  That being said... most players seem to have a tough time switching between stances which really helps alot.

Also kiting is a big part of both the SH and the SWs attacks.  For instance if you're pulling your bow back and its going to take 3 seconds for a shot, but the tank is getting closer, turn tail and run.. don't get the shot off.. hit him with a DoT.

I don't think balance is a problem.. I think they need to fix some things.. Maybe giving the SW a speed increase would be a good start.. it would at least help with survivability.

• You didn't mention population which is the #1 issue in multiple ways.  You need to right another blog entry.

• I am the worst PvP´er there and I even do good in WAR. Why?, because I am teamplayer and ally up with my mates. Focus together as either a single group or multi groups really favour the outcome. The OP are probleary a ex-wow player. You have to stop fly solo and learn to team up. You have to learn that you cant 2 shoot people anymore and figure that Warhammer is based not on individuel class balance. I guess this is the side effect for many former WoW players.

• vincehvinceh Member Posts: 208

Your top 5 issues are pretty valid.  But I can tell that you're probably on a relatively high populated server?  Cause if you were on an Oceanic or even one of the lower populated American servers I think the top issue you would have would be the server numbers.  It's really killing the game on the servers that have queue times that are over an hour during non-peak times (I've had 3 hour queue times) and 30 minutes (this varies) during peak times.  I recently gave up on my lvl 21 toon on an Oceanic server because I couldn't stand the long queues.  I've now moved to a high populated server where the queue times for scenarios are 5 minutes on the average and I've leveled 1-9 in a couple of fun hours.

And yeah, just little bugs that are almost everywhere. A big one that I notice - and I know this might be different for different people - is the horrible movements in PvP.  During scenarios, I often see a lot of teleporting when it looks like someone has successfully blocked another toon only to be slightly disappointed when they appear about 3 seconds ahead in the direction they were moving.  Or when you're unable to attack them when they're out of range even though they look like they're in range from your point of view.  PvP is obviously where ths game shines, and I definitely think the system could be optimized a little bit.  A point I think I'd like to point out though is that you don't notice the "out of range" issue as much in higher tiers since everyone gets slows.

Good read though.

Vin

• skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,181

I was expecting another "WAR Sucks" crybaby post, but you seemed to have hit the nail on the head, very well done.

I agree with everything you have said, and it's sad that people will leave because of these issues. In my eyes, these are all small problems and it seems that Mythic is on top of them and we will have polish in the very near future. A 50% increase in PvE will be a big boost. My original character was a Chosen on a lower population server. Scenarios were rare and by Rank 16 I was out of quests in the Chaos T2 zone.

I think the big class balance problem isn't underpowered classes as much as it is the overpowered ones. Bright wizards and rune priests come to mind. I know on my Chosen on the few occasions where I did get the chance to PvP bright wizards would have me dead before I had a chance to do anything at all about it. The best I could do was throw up my curse that does a small amount of damage to them for casting spells. Their damage just seems way too high. Rune priests are way too hard to kill. I've watched them hold off 3 of us while their friends come to their aid, and I'm sure they could have kept themselves alive forever.

I know this game has higher potential for performace. I have a fairly high end computer and even balanced settings can produce frame stuttering in some of the PvE camps. It seems to me that part of this is caused by the lighting. Hopefully Mythic can tweak their code and make this work a little better.

The little things like mail and guild interface don't bother me enough to be an issue, but it would be nice to have it fixed.

Like someone earlier had said, this game does need work, but I'm having fun so I'll stick around and see how it goes. Let's hope they can fix all this up and get us those cut classes back soon. 

Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.

Originally posted by vinceh

A point I think I'd like to point out though is that you don't notice the "out of range" issue as much in higher tiers since everyone gets slows.

One thing that is annoying as a Shadow warrior is that our range has a bug where the icons are red even though you are in range.  You can shoot still with the red icons and they wille ven give you the message, but it still goes off.   This is probably one of the aspects of the class that is annoying in PvP.

• vincehvinceh Member Posts: 208

A point I think I'd like to point out though is that you don't notice the "out of range" issue as much in higher tiers since everyone gets slows.

One thing that is annoying as a Shadow warrior is that our range has a bug where the icons are red even though you are in range.  You can shoot still with the red icons and they wille ven give you the message, but it still goes off.   This is probably one of the aspects of the class that is annoying in PvP.

Well, I think that every class has it's problems in PvP.  But I'd have to say that melee are the ones who suffer the most, timing is quite important  since you're attacking at a minimal range.  Especially as a Disciple, I need to be able to slow my target (usually healers/casters) and kill them within 10 seconds .  Sometimes this is problematic because I think I have run up to a Bright Wizard and spamming my initial debuffs to set up for my big burst, but what in fact has happened is he's moved about 4 steps forward, since puts me back around 3 seconds.  And as a medium robe wearer, I can't take much heat in the midst of battle.  All in all though, you kinda get used to it, so maybe I'll be out my game if they fix it =p.

Vin

• KailashKailash Member UncommonPosts: 301

I just wrote an article here detailing what I believe are the games top 5 issues.  I think some of you might be able to relate to some of the items listed.  I'd would love to hear some feedback about whether you agree, or if you feel something else is in your top 5.
    The article can be found HERE, and has also been published on MMOCrunch and R1ftgaming.
    Thanks.

Very well done bud. When it comes to reviews based on opinions it is extremly rare when i can agree 100% but you pulled it off. Thanks for this and i really hope EA reads this because these are issues that MUST be addresed and rather soon if EA really wants to compete with the top MMO's in the market.

• DrDwarfDrDwarf Member Posts: 475
    Originally posted by wozzu

Lag was #1 for me. Lag killed me more than players killed me.
    2. Simplified combat, auto facing, no fear, limited stealth, no feign, no blink, etc. Combat got boring.
    3. Couldn't find enemy for world pvp. Too many places to go for rvr. I showed up at point C while my enemy was waiting for me at point G.

ROFLMAO - i thought the saying weas you cant teach an old dog new tricks ?

And werent you the same guy thats kept saying WAR was just a copy of WOW ?  

Which one is it ?

what you lot dont understand is - before wow had free trial and RAF etc  - Northshire was empty becuae most players were up the levels and away in otehr zones.  it was only when they decided to level alts and the gold farmers moved in thats soem areas became a bit more populated.

This is why you ltp a game.    Then you keep up with the other peopel that play.

i gues well get another post from you when wotlk comes out asking why noone is duelling outside ironforge anymore ?

• craynloncraynlon Member Posts: 255

i agree, that issue is annoying

also annoying in pve is the teleporting into meele mobs

as a shadow warrior who has some shots take 2 seconds im also often dissapointed that my opponent can run out of sight while my ability builds up

if your bored, visit my blog at:
    http://craylon.wordpress.com/ dealing with the look of mmos with the nvidia 3d vision glasses

• DrDwarfDrDwarf Member Posts: 475
    Originally posted by skeaser

I was expecting another "WAR Sucks" crybaby post, but you seemed to have hit the nail on the head, very well done.
    I agree with everything you have said, and it's sad that people will leave because of these issues. In my eyes, these are all small problems and it seems that Mythic is on top of them and we will have polish in the very near future. A 50% increase in PvE will be a big boost. My original character was a Chosen on a lower population server. Scenarios were rare and by Rank 16 I was out of quests in the Chaos T2 zone.
    I think the big class balance problem isn't underpowered classes as much as it is the overpowered ones. Bright wizards and rune priests come to mind. I know on my Chosen on the few occasions where I did get the chance to PvP bright wizards would have me dead before I had a chance to do anything at all about it. The best I could do was throw up my curse that does a small amount of damage to them for casting spells. Their damage just seems way too high. Rune priests are way too hard to kill. I've watched them hold off 3 of us while their friends come to their aid, and I'm sure they could have kept themselves alive forever.
    I know this game has higher potential for performace. I have a fairly high end computer and even balanced settings can produce frame stuttering in some of the PvE camps. It seems to me that part of this is caused by the lighting. Hopefully Mythic can tweak their code and make this work a little better.
    The little things like mail and guild interface don't bother me enough to be an issue, but it would be nice to have it fixed.
    Like someone earlier had said, this game does need work, but I'm having fun so I'll stick around and see how it goes. Let's hope they can fix all this up and get us those cut classes back soon. 

you had 2 other realms to go to in your tier - thats 2 lots of quests you could you could have done if youd used your superior pve skills to find that big red blotch on the map and the marked warcamp.

your chosen isnt meant to be able to take a BW - you want a witch elf for that.   this is waht armies do - they have specialists not generalists dressed up to look like specialists.   whats more all this is made very clear on any resonable site detailing the careers .  As a tank/meleedps you ar emeant to be getting in the way of the oppositions tanks and mellee classes primarily not going after the ir squishy classes - thats what tanks do.

You are dluding yourselves if you think a mmog on launch will be perfect and free from bugs.  WAR is arguably the most complete and polished MMOG on release ever. 

I manage to run a guild of over 200 wit hthe guild interface - its lot easier to use and far more comprehensive than wows

If you cant even play the class you chose (excuse the pun) why are you waiting for the "cut classes" ar e they going to make you a better player or encourage you to do some more research ?

It took wow years to introduce a multiple mailing capability and u have to wait an hour for it to get to you f it isnt sent by yourself to yourself.   In wow you have to run for hours to get to a flight path you havent discovered before and ofc they only recently introduced a guild vault.  In war you can be in your capital city in minutes and back out again.   mail really isnt that important.

• StellosStellos Member UncommonPosts: 1,491

Very well written.  I think that performance and itemization are my biggest issues personally.  I am level 32 and I am getting closer to the large scale keep sieges and one of my only viable forms of renown and I don't want to play with a slide show.  However, I don't see Mythic ever fixing this, I think it is something that we will have to always deal with and it will result in people just not playing the game once Mythic gets a reasonable amount of time to do something and then don't perform.  Anything to reduce the lag at this point in the keeps would make the game 50% more fun for me.  I don't want to have to do only scenes to get renown that will be lame.

Originally posted by Stellos

Very well written.  I think that performance and itemization are my biggest issues personally.  I am level 32 and I am getting closer to the large scale keep sieges and one of my only viable forms of renown and I don't want to play with a slide show.  However, I don't see Mythic ever fixing this, I think it is something that we will have to always deal with and it will result in people just not playing the game once Mythic gets a reasonable amount of time to do something and then don't perform.  Anything to reduce the lag at this point in the keeps would make the game 50% more fun for me.  I don't want to have to do only scenes to get renown that will be lame.

I think that sums up how a lot of people feel.  The end game is going to get more crowded once the rest of the people start getting into the tier 4 RvR.  How are people's system going to handle that?  I mentioned in my article that I have strong PC.   I'm running a Quad core with a 9800 Nvidia and 4 gigs of RAM, and I have seen my system bogged down in the really big blowouts.  Guildies of mine who have older systems have it far far worse.  Hopefully they can make things run a little smoother as time goes on by making changes to the code.  I think if this doesn't get resolved, then a lot of people will opt out of the overworld or just quit.

• madmax286madmax286 Member Posts: 36

Hello there,

You are pretty much correct at what you are stating. But if we take under consideration that the game is new, none of these issues seem so bad, given that they can be fixed in time,  except one which is the lag we are experiencing in keeps.

Now I play on a brand new computer, with a Quad Core, 4gb or Ram and a 4870 onboard. Not state of the art but pretty close with the big boys. I am currently playing in Tier 2, so the most intense  keep battle I've been part of revolved around 3 warbands (aprox 50-60 people on screen). And I experienced lag. Not too much but enough to become a hindrance. Now, I cant imagine what it will be like in the end game where the number of players onscreen might be doubled or tripled. From your post thats the only (possible) game breaking issue I see (in the future of course). 

Another issue not mentioned, in my humble opinion, is the communication system. Again, not game breaking but surely needs some love from the developer.