Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Warhammer Online : Age of Reckoning: Hickman - Addressing the Cut Classes

124»

Comments

• TheSheikhTheSheikh Member Posts: 804
    Originally posted by Sovrath

The interesting thing is that though a whole organized team would be better, it only takes a few people to be organized about the objective and to be clear on what they need to do. The rest can just harrass the other team and be a general distraction.

On Ostermark, when Order loses a scenario it is 90% of the time caused by a lack of organization and focus on the objectives within the scenario. Heck, even I am guilty of just running around killing players aimlessly at times. I have enough fun tossing Greenskins off the big hill in Stonetroll Crossing with my "Away With Ye" Ironbreaker ability.

STOP WHINING!

• PyukPyuk Member UncommonPosts: 762
    Originally posted by iceberg2ice

funny how they are discussing about extra content when the game is so full of bugs and imperfections... and the warhammeralliance forum does not even allow posting about them... they should be looking at fixing the rushed unfinished buggy release first before even thinking about adding more content...

Rushed & buggy? Are you being serious? The WAR launch was the most stable launch of any MMORPG I've ever played, and I've pretty much played them all. Are you sure you're not talking about AoC?

I make spreadsheets at work - I don't want to make them for the games I play.

• PyukPyuk Member UncommonPosts: 762

Originally posted by TheSheikh

Order is doing just fine on Ostermark as well. There isn't an imbalance problem, there is a ohmgosh we didn't win so lets give up and cry about it problem. Get yourselves organized and stop posting about it.
    As for the posts about the Cities and Bugs, read the damned title and the actual interview.
    Note #1 - Bugs are first priority
    Note #2 - This interview was about classes, not cities.

Yeah, I've seen that as well. People just crying because they didn't win or that they were trounced. So what? Get in there and do it again.

The interesting thing is that though a whole organized team would be better, it only takes a few people to be organized about the objective and to be clear on what they need to do. The rest can just harrass the other team and be a general distraction.

Very true. Many times I'll play in the morning and get trounced only to come back in the evening and totally dominate. It just depends on the group and tactics (and if there are any tactics or just plain anarchy, which can be fun, too).

I make spreadsheets at work - I don't want to make them for the games I play.

• KailashKailash Member UncommonPosts: 301
    Originally posted by Ravanos

Originally posted by iceberg2ice

funny how they are discussing about extra content when the game is so full of bugs and imperfections... and the warhammeralliance forum does not even allow posting about them... they should be looking at fixing the rushed unfinished buggy release first before even thinking about adding more content...

eh maybe im just lucky but the only bug i have seen is the "incorrect password" bug i got the other night. other than that my game has been running pretty darn good ... sure theres a crash here and there ... but um what game doesn't.

heck eq2 crashes on me every once in a while, and my friends WoW game crashed just the other night.

is the game perfect? eh of course not but "rushed, unfinished buggy release"? just smells of a WoWboi stink.

Fucking agree. Like WoW was so perfect in release.....WoW was 30 times worse. WAR is a very good release. I personally wont be playing the game cause im starting college and dont have the time but if i did have the time I will definitly be playing this game. The world is HUGE and has multiple places to lvl at EVERY lvl which is I love. The SCs are mostly original and the art is very well done. The graphics arent AOC greatness BUT part of why AOC failed was because it demanded WAY to much out of your computer for huge battles which this game is completly designed around.

Btw My main was a 38 Archmage.

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965

Originally posted by TheSheikh

Order is doing just fine on Ostermark as well. There isn't an imbalance problem, there is a ohmgosh we didn't win so lets give up and cry about it problem. Get yourselves organized and stop posting about it.
    As for the posts about the Cities and Bugs, read the damned title and the actual interview.
    Note #1 - Bugs are first priority
    Note #2 - This interview was about classes, not cities.

Yeah, I've seen that as well. People just crying because they didn't win or that they were trounced. So what? Get in there and do it again.

It's not about scenarios. To be honest. I don't give a darn about scenarios. They just like WoW's Battlegrounds.

I am talking about Realm open RvR. and now during EU peaktime I can make three screenshots for you to make myself clear on what I mean.

Right now at this moment, just like the past days, Destruction is in Full control of whole Tier3! All three pairings.

This has nothing to do with Order not working together. Because we try hard. It's that we lack numbers against the overwhelming Destro population being able to muster the numbers to camp all 6 Keeps.

You are lucky to be on one of the few balanced servers (the ones with Full pop on both sides).

It's completely different on the majority of the servers. In fact, especially here in Europe, they launched with way too many servers!

We got 10 desolated servers with very low population as well. Wich isn't helping either.

Cheers

• MarontannMarontann Member Posts: 17

First thing first, im not complaining becouse its "cool", if you think there is something "cool" about complaining go see a shrink.

Second: i havent seen any lore that tells me why WP cant use shields, in "warhemmer the boardgame" they can use shields, dont know if ironbreakers can use hammers, when i looked at their homepage it only says "1h weapons and shield" for that specific pack.

Yes im aware that this is "warhammer online", but i dont see why the dev's puts on  restrictions when games workshop doesnt.

If for some reason the games mekanics would be unbalanced with a WP with a shield i would have some understanding, but then thats what gamebalancing is for.

Now can you please post the said lore you where talking about that states why WP cant use shield and IB cant use Hammers. (it wont change my mind, but it will show if your full of BS and makes things up)

Originally posted by Cendharia

Originally posted by Marontann

there are alot of bugs, but not nearly as many as all the other mmos that hav come out the last 4-5 years. PQ's where the boss doesnt spawn, creatures that keep on standing and moving after its dead,  lagging, crashing out to windows without warning and stuff like that.
    Nothing major really
    What i do want to se in future updates is MORE CHOISES FOR THE PLAYERS!!!!! FFS if i want to have a 1h and a shield for my WP thats my bloody right, whose stupid idea was it to replace shield with a **** book!!
    And why ??? cant you dye all armor and not just rewards? am i supposed to choose between ugly armor for the stats or godlooking armor for the looks?
    Annoying as hell when the dev's are making all the choises for you, this is a mmorpg or did they miss that, immersion in to the game is important (for me at least).
    Also (while im on the subjekt) Ironbreakers can only use axes (as far as i can determine, i might be wrong) why??, totaly idiotic, if im a crazy dwarf and want to bash some skulls, i use whats bloody handy. I havent seen these stupid restrictions on the dest side (but then i dont play dest) but i have seen chosen wielding swords, 2h swords, axes, 2h axas, shields, hmm lot more choises there, hell give them hammers to i say, there must be some destro out there who likes big hammers.
    well other than that, the games fine, more than fine actually , damn fun really, but it could be soo much better if the dev's stopped trying to make all the decisions for the players
    just my 2 cent, no im of to kill me some orcs

Know anything about Warhammer lore?  Or are you just complaining cause its "cool" to do so.   You might want to investigate into War lore and find out why a certain class wields a certain weapon and why.

You signed onto to play the game of Warhammer: Age of Reckoning....not Warhammer:  I want it to be more of a clone of some "other" game I have played.

Cend

First thing first, im not complaining becouse its "cool", if you think there is something "cool" about complaining go see a shrink.

Second: i havent seen any lore that tells me why WP cant use shields, in "warhemmer the boardgame" they can use shields, dont know if ironbreakers can use hammers, when i looked at their homepage it only says "1h weapons and shield" for that specific pack.

Yes im aware that this is "warhammer online", but i dont see why the dev's puts on restrictions when games workshop doesnt.

If for some reason the games mekanics would be unbalanced with a WP with a shield i would have some understanding, but then thats what gamebalancing is for.

Now can you please post the said lore you where talking about that states why WP cant use shield and IB cant use Hammers. (it wont change my mind, but it will show if your full of BS and makes things up)

whups forgot to quete

Ömm, why do you want to play a clone?? what game is it thats soo wonderful?? im curiuos

Originally posted by Jalford

Originally posted by Marontann

oh and dont say "oh but hes a warrior priest its not in character to have a shield", BS i say its my character and my decision. And the original warhammer game allowed for alot of different equipments based on how many points you were prepared to spend.
    Also costumization and making your army and your characters "yours" is at the very heart of Games Workshop. So please allow us some freedom.
    Other than that , great game
    PS im refering to my earlier post, sorry if im a bit confusing

With the INSANE block percent players with shields got,(18-20% at lvl 11 on my chosen for gods sake) the only way warrior priests could use a shield is if they had a tactic that lowered healing on yourself by like 30%.  It would be rediculous for them to get shields.  Warrior priests were the most OPed class up till about the last 1/8th of the beta process. 

LOL i remember when they gave us our lvl 40 templates and i speced mine into shield of sigmar, i was unstoppable.  I would be number 1 in kills and damage and healing in some scenarios cause i never died.

So even though it would be cool, that is why they dont have sheilds.

hmm my wp is only lvl19 and i havent experienced all the different builds and stuff, my complaint is mostly about estetics. No way im going to battle wielding a bloody book, dont missunderstand me i love books just not in a fight.

Maybe the could introduce bucklers or roundshields with lower blockrates or something

Or wait!! duallvield hammers!!

• Balthaazar1Balthaazar1 Member Posts: 531

Im basically bug free myself, I find the game to be as smooth as they said it is. It is good to hear honest voices from developers. I like this aproach far more than any buttering up and back stabbing Funcom did. 

------------------------------

'Cry Havoc, and Let Loose the Dogs of WARRRRR!!!'

• SortranSortran Member Posts: 148

Fantastic response :D

I have to call Bullsh*t though on the four cut classes not affecting the game. I play over on Ironrock, and without the KOTBS we have way to many witch hunters. and without the choppa We have WAY TO MANY destro orc tanks.  I myself am on order as a witch hunter, and I always play a semi ranged skirmish class in any mmorpg. The sooner they get these other classes in the faster we will see some balance of numbers.

At least they are being honest though, and yes before anyone thinks of saying it. I enjoy the hell out of the game as order is heavily outnumbered in almost every match be it RVR or scenarios, and we usually win still, mainly due to tactics.

Playing: Not much actively.
    Games played: to many to list, been playing MMO's since 2001
    --------------------------

• Jefferson81Jefferson81 Member Posts: 730

I just wish that game studios would acnowledge it when they fail to deliver a decent game and just close up shop and do something else with their lives.

I think that Mythic should have waited until november or december before releasing the game in order to squash bugs and balance out the classes but they didn't and they will lose paying players because of it.

• YunbeiYunbei Member Posts: 898

Sheesh you can keep the Choppa and Hammerer where the sun doesnt shine - I want my KNIGHT now! :D

• GetalifeGetalife Member CommonPosts: 786

This is bulcrap really. The developers cut the only human tank out of the game. Leave us with Elf tank who looks like a drag queen. A dwarf which most of the people shy away from playing.  So on empire side we are left with a WP, WH and BM. And its mostly WP who tries to tank. Is it fair against proper tanks of destruction? NO!!

In empire RVR we heavily depend on little population of dwarf and elf tanks. And mostly get rolled over because 9/10 we don't have one. No wonder every kid out there want to play Destruction. Both Elves and Dwarves look stupid. No one like to play a tank in the skirt. Seriously, they advertisied Destruction too much, gave them better tanks, looks and armor and then they wonder why people complain about imbalance?

Give us Empire our Knight back so that we atleast have a fair competition.

• JalfordJalford Member Posts: 17

quote.....

""""""First thing first, im not complaining becouse its "cool", if you think there is something "cool" about complaining go see a shrink.

Yes im aware that this is "warhammer online", but i dont see why the dev's puts on restrictions when games workshop doesnt.

whups forgot to quete

Ömm, why do you want to play a clone?? what game is it thats soo wonderful?? im curiuos"""""end quote

*********forgot to quote so i just copy and pasted the post im refering to.********

Well i already explained to you in an earlier post why the cant use them based of a balance stand point.  Shields as early as lvl 6-10 can offer upwards of an 18% block rate.  That is just insane.  Now add in parry and dodge, and you a melee healer, who does decent damage, and cant be hit 25%+ of the time.  They would of have to cut their heals in half.  If they did that, WP would be shitty healers, and seeing that their main role is to keep people alive, that wouldnt make muich sense would it.

Again, most of the way throuhg beta, WP were almost unkillable.  They were a very tough class to balance as it was.  Add in a sheild and it just wouldnt of worked.

I dont know shit about lore, but my points are completly vaild, and unless u were in beta with me all the way back to aug 07, you really cant fathom jst how strong they were.  Im amazed they got them to where they were balanced for release.

• AureliusLHAureliusLH Member Posts: 24

"“We had a great launch,” he said, “and I’ve played through every major MMO launch personally and I can honestly say that our launch was absolutely head and shoulders above every one that I’ve been through.”

Very true - if you were not one of the European customers, where it was, quite bluntly, a total farce when NOBODY could register for days thanks to terrible decisions by GOA, who launched their new "we don't need to test it, we know it will work fine" account system - which totally collapsed, meaning a large chunk of 'open Beta' was only available to those folks who already had Closed Beta accounts, customers couldn't log in to the live game for several days while the mess of  their accounts database was resolved  by GOA manually entering account details for customers who submitted them on their website, since they couldn't get the automation of that into their full accounts database working - and then had a 24-48 hour delay on the mail coming out to tell you your account was activated because their mail system couldn't cope!

Over in Europe, we still don't have the server web pages up, GOA won't have their billing systems running until tomorrow (barring any more screwups,  that is), there have been serious problems with abilities simply not working for players which turned out to be caused by problems with the GOA servers, the ISP link between the GOA server cluster and the rest of the world fell over and took the best part of a day for alternatives to be brought online........

You have a really great game. Why the hell do you ruin your reputation as a company by partnering with incompetents?

• PlasmicredxPlasmicredx Member Posts: 629

Admitting Tier 1 was not balanced was what I liked hearing. I hope this means they will look into balancing Tier 1 more, then.

• herennowherennow Member UncommonPosts: 70
    Originally posted by Plasmicredx

Admitting Tier 1 was not balanced was what I liked hearing. I hope this means they will look into balancing Tier 1 more, then.

they've been there and done that already. You can join all three scenarioes from any realm. There's even an add-on over at curse that gives it to you as a single click button. Don't like add-ons? Put up scenarioes click the arrows at the right or left and select the others as well as the ones for the realm you are in. Should have been in for release but it's there now. d0n't want to perma-fight in the Empire/chaos selections? then just select from the other two realms.

• KoroshiyaKoroshiya Member UncommonPosts: 265

for me personally as Jeff said "You either hate them or love them", well the only class I "loved" was the choppa.  In beta he was no worse then some of the other "broken" classes they had at the time.  The Mechanics for the class were already in, all it needed was balance.

Sorry but the removale of those classes was an excuse to get the game out the door before the WoW expansion, and I am just not into that type of game development.  Maybe if you guys put the classes back in, I might be interested in playing but until then the 10 months of beta was enough.  

Mythic has had the same problem in daoc that it has now, an out of touch view of its game.  Sorry Mythic but until you realize the people who know your game best are its players who put in all the hours playing it everyday you won't understand why your games are strong for the first 4 months then die out horribly.  

“The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off , why should I. Light up the darkness” – Bob Marley