Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Jagex hiring for "Head of Runescape" position.

2»

Comments

• keslerikesleri Member Posts: 127

Just saw an advert on www.mmorpg.com with "Jagex hiring Head of Runescape" ...

This is really amazing as they've never did this before

Jagex, if you are reading this please give me another chance at Runescape, you've banned me long ago :)

• AkaJetsonAkaJetson Member Posts: 1,167
    Originally posted by kesleri

Jagex, if you are reading this please give me another chance at Runescape, you've banned me long ago :)

What, you mean there was actually an advert advertising for a new head of runescape position on mmorpg.com?

?

• mike470mike470 General CorrespondentMember Posts: 2,396
    Originally posted by AkaJetson

Originally posted by kesleri

What, you mean there was actually an advert advertising for a new head of runescape position on mmorpg.com?

Yes.

• keslerikesleri Member Posts: 127

Yea i was amazed myself :P , the link sent me to the vacancies section on Jagex.com on the Head of Runescape post.

• Yes, look to the rigth of you....that long advertisement. The runescape head of design thing is there all the time. I saw it like 1.5 weeks ago.

• AkaJetsonAkaJetson Member Posts: 1,167
    Originally posted by Nunez1212

Yes, look to the rigth of you....that long advertisement. The runescape head of design thing is there all the time. I saw it like 1.5 weeks ago.

For me it's mostly about AoC and "World of Kung Fu" but i'll look out for it.

?

• devilisciousdeviliscious Member UncommonPosts: 4,359

Blah the first thing I would do is fire everyone that is uptight and works for them lol. They need to relax abit alot! The need to pull their heads out and actually learn what fun is all about before they  do anything to the game again period.

Originally posted by deviliscious

Blah the first thing I would do is fire everyone that is uptight and works for them lol. They need to relax abit alot! The need to pull their heads out and actually learn what fun is all about before they  do anything to the game again period.

The only thing that will do that is a loss of subscription numbers...

Originally posted by mike470

How would firing the people that are uptight and replacing them with people that actually know what fun is reduce the subscription numbers?  It seems that their staff has forgotten what fun is and could use some fresh  ideas on what is actually fun for players to do. The uptight people there are the ones that say" Oh no we can't do that it wouldn;t be prudent" The uptight employees are the ones that are rude to customers because they have no clue how to treat people.  The employees that decided that making players suffer is better than allowing them to have fun are a big part of the problem here. If they change the game to focus more on fun and less on trying to control the player population with tons of unneeded limitations and regulations you would actually keep players playing it because they are having fun. If  a game is not fun, there is no point in playing it in the first place. Any recent updates in the game that actually increase the games overall fun factor? I haven't seen any and that is what they need most.

How would firing the people that are uptight and replacing them with people that actually know what fun is reduce the subscription numbers?  It seems that their staff has forgotten what fun is and could use some fresh  ideas on what is actually fun for players to do. The uptight people there are the ones that say" Oh no we can't do that it wouldn;t be prudent" The uptight employees are the ones that are rude to customers because they have no clue how to treat people.  The employees that decided that making players suffer is better than allowing them to have fun are a big part of the problem here. If they change the game to focus more on fun and less on trying to control the player population with tons of unneeded limitations and regulations you would actually keep players playing it because they are having fun. If  a game is not fun, there is no point in playing it in the first place. Any recent updates in the game that actually increase the games overall fun factor? I haven't seen any and that is what they need most.

No, that's not want I meant.  I said that the only way they will fire the uptight, unfun people is if they lost subscription numbers.  Until their subs drop, they will [unfortunately] have the same people working on the game.

oh! LOL! I thought their subs have dropped and that is the reason they hide their number of people online counter now :P

*wonders when they will be announcing the position filled* It would be nice for them to do something right for a change, but I am not getting my hopes up I have been disappointed everytime I do with Jagex.

*wonders when they will be announcing the position filled* It would be nice for them to do something right for a change, but I am not getting my hopes up I have been disappointed everytime I do with Jagex.

Mabye all the people going for the job wanted to make RS fun, so they didn't hire them

• Matt269Matt269 Member Posts: 124

I completely agree. They're are way too uptight. They seriously need to lighten up, stop worrying about RWT, and fire about half their employees.

They should just fire everyone, especially customer support. (There really isn't any costumer support) They should also fire everyone who was responsible for all the updates past 2007. They should fire everyone working on FunOrb. FunOrb is completely stupid and a waste of time and money.

• deathpulse9deathpulse9 Member Posts: 11

I can't
    Well, nice to know Andrew woke up to his senses and fired the leader.......who will they pick next......
    GO FOR IT DEVILISCIOUS!!

mwahaha! I could never work for someone else ever again.. I am spoiled that way. Besides .. I mean  a girl like me comes in there with all those brits with muffins up their.. and holy hell would break loose. LMAO.

1.first thing I would do would be add  no chat filter options.

2. then I would ban all accounts from kids under 13.. That would be my witchhunt! hahahaha!

3. Then I would perma ban all players that  walk around saying " reported"

4. then i would bring back wilderness and free trade.

5. then I would sell gold from the gamesite to pay for more staff for customer service and run off gold sellers at the same time.

6. I would give the faceless noobs faces.

7.  I would change the music to rob zombie and hatebreed.

8. I would give players  real rewards for their levels and accomplishments that kicked major monkeybutt.

9.  I would start hosting massive war tourneys giving the winning clan real cash prizes.

10. I would speed up everything in the game, spawn rates, chopping rates everything . Give it all a  serious  adreneline shot.

11. I would make all items in game tradeable and stackable except player reward items.

12. I would  add a "kick in the butt emote" and a "punch in the face emote".

13. I would give players monkeys that ran to the banks for them and you didn;t have to pay them.

14. I would put players pins on their accounts when they logged in instead of just their banks so that they didn;t have to  bank all their junk to log out.

15. I would set up vendors selling concert tshirts in lumbridge.. why ? I have no idea .

16. I would set up an ingame court with a mod judge and a jury of their peers for minor game offenses. Players would then decide the fate of the defendants. defandants could be then tied to trees on karamja for a determined sentence.. could be indefinate if so decided by the judge, where players could then throw food or small rodents at them.

17. I would expand the chat system to work more like msn messenger. You could block people you  don't want to talk to right then, or just allow people you want talk to when you want to talk to them. .. with voice and cam options.

18. I would  Pay people for fighting each other so that players that like pvp can just pvp all they want win or lose they get paidd for it and never have to stop having fun to go earn $.

19. I would make an engineering skill where people could build catapults and cannons and fortresses and use them to fight in the wilderness.

20. I would add tabbed banks where you can name your own tabs and put those items in there for orgainzation and expanded space,

...... well that is just my top 20 I would do a whole lot more to the game if I got a hold of it  though ... People would be all like " Runescapes gone evilll!!" mwahahah!

AGREED SO BADLY! especially the free trade and wildy. That was sooo retarded taking that stuff away... i mean BOUNTY HUNTING? WTF??? lol. deviliscious, u really should becom head. :D

• deathpulse9deathpulse9 Member Posts: 11

i agree to everything deviliscious said, but adding:

(1 updates for non members EVERY week like members

(2 get a system where its a wasd movement, and cliking to swing ure weps, letting players have a chance to make combos of their kind

(3 Graphic upgrades avery half years

(4 have mounts (what mike said) with attributes like Charge:2-10dmg Defence:30 Attck(only for beasts like dragons, tauren etc.) Speed:Slow/moderate/fast/ extreme fast

(5 u can kill any CPU u like, if u get pissed  (of course u only kill it, other users jus see u talking to him)

(6 Random awards drop from the sky when u do something special like: first kill in wildy, 20th kill in wildy etc.

(7 make guards ACTUALLY chasing CPU robbers around, letting u attack the robbers/troublemakers and when u kill it, guards might give u a prize or a random event. LIke FRAME THE ROBBER

(8 able to hurt fello users when u feel down or urejus plain pissed at them. XD No kiling though! There is a limit of how much damg u do!

(9 if u have a flying mount, like Griffon, Dragon, Great eagle, u are able to fly around the world at ease.

(10 MASS wars, with u participatin in the ranks, with Cavalry, Flight riders, beast masters, and infantry. Also able to choose where u fight, or what type of fight u join like: Mount fight (only ppl with horses and ground beasts fight it out) Sky fight ( where aviation mounts fight with their riders in the sky) Mass war, which is jus a fight with classes, mentioned in the top of this paragraph, And Marine fighting ( using mounts that live underwater-like  Serpents, Sharks, Water Leviathans etc.)

(11 NEW WEPS AND ARMOR there is like only Bronze-Rune in non mem... BORING!!! there should be like Spartan axe or Roman Helm of Honor or something like that.

This would be about my dream RS world :D hope u agree wit me

JAGEX PLZ DO THIS!!! :D lol

LOL they couldn't pay me enough money  to work for them. Maybe if they let me tie up the guy who thinks of all the bad stuff to do to the game and cover him in honey and leave him in the woods a few days I might consider it. 

• BlisseyBlissey Member Posts: 515

I would take this job, but I'm quite busy with other things like psychology, and literature...lol. Anyway If I were to be a Head of Rs, I would do the following:

-Add  day/night timezones

-Add weather

-Return the game to what it was before 12/10

-Make a whole new player model with very realistic features, like in Half Life 2. I swear.

-Get rid of player mods, and instead have COPs(citizens on patrol)  who can add black marks to someone who breaks the rule.

-Make girls look sexier and more pretty, for boys I would improve things like: height and facial hair.

-add basic medieval vehicles such as mounted horse, mounted wagon(which can carry 8 people), steam operated vehicle.

-Install an In-Game radio which plays diffrent  radio stations hosted and prepared by Jagex (rock,smooth jazz, Dance, Ska, pop, rap,new age, love songs, classical) OF COURSE they will be  Dolby BGM quality music, scored by a real orchestra and live bands.

-Ability to get married.

-I would allow people to share emails, to tell each other's names, and to be sweethearts....at their own risks.

-as  a leader I would be patrolling this game day and night. I will be responsible and honest.

-Medals for veterans-   *Runescape Loyalty award 1 year.

*Master's Medallion- for those who have been playing 3 years

*silver award- for those 4 years

*Golden award- for those more than 5 years

-I would make the road network more impressive and much bigger so that people will be inspired to buy horses, dragons, wagons, steam cars to drive around in.

-more to come later.

oh and free membership for those who have been playing for 7 years.

• Palo_godPalo_god Member UncommonPosts: 171

Their is so much I would like to add and remove from the game and it would probably take years in time, but this is what I would do and in this order if I owned the company.

1. I would change the name of the company to further myself away from all actions jagex has done in the past.

2. I would fire all the advisors and higher ups responsible for the wilderness and trade changes.

3. I would make it a banable offense to play the game if you are under thirteen.

4. I would change rule one to make it so it only includes spamming and racial hate speech, I would remove rule two, rule six, and rule thirteen.

5. I would make an Email verification system to activate new runescape accounts, and you would have to type in a word from a distorted picture of that word(similar to youtube when you post to many comments) to start making your account, also you could only make four accounts using that e-mail a week.

6. I would remove the bounty hunter mini game.

7. I would remove the clan wars mini game.

8. I would remove the wilderness ditch and other player safeties, I would also remove all warning messages from the game.

9. I would remove the fist of guthix mini game and make the rewards for the mini game dropped by monsters, and I would make it so you could repair the items just like the barrower sets.

10. I Would remove the trade limit and make it so you could stake whatever you want in duel arena again.

11. I would make it so you could see all dropped items on the ground again no matter what the value of the item or the amount gold(unless it was an un-tradable quest item).

12. I would bring back the ability to kill people in the wilderness and pick up their items.

13. I would get rid of all random events and make a shop where you can buy the clothes and emotes which that random gave out as a reward.

14. I would alter super experience pools such as PC and only make the mini game give you GP and or other prizes as a reward(you still keep the exp you get from killing the monsters), I would also greatly reduce the exp given from house alters and over all rebalance most of the experience pools in runescape.

15. I would get rid of all player moderators by taking away the crown next to their name and remove all power they ones had.

16. I would un-mute all players and get rid of that option of punishment from the game, if someone spam’s they get a temporary ban, if they abuse glitches that benefit them in game(not graphics glitches) then they get a permanent ban.

17. I would actually try to fix the glitches and hire a small team who’s sole purpose would be to fix them instead of diverting recourses from my content team.

18. I would make it so the content team wouldn’t put corny humor into everything they touched, and revive the serious feeling runescape ones had.

19. I would remove and alter some existing quests( I would remove all propaganda quests trying to advocate issues in real life).

20. I would get rid of holiday events and use those resources for permanent content and revert back to the old holiday system of holiday drops.

21. I would redesign the player models so they wouldn’t look like horrible clay models trying depict little kids.

22. I would hire some economists to help me balance financial aspects of the game to make sure something doesn’t give to much money or to little for the effort put into it and to balance the risk vs. Reward element of mini games and special spawned events.

23. I would add updates and content based off of popular medieval and medieval fantasy movies and books, with a runescape twist every ones in a while.

24. I would add one update for none members every month, and five to seven updates for member every month.

25. I would continue to add more levels to the wilderness, new monsters, new buildings and make a huge city in the wilderness that would be a virtual death trap. I would make the city about 4 times the size of varrock and add hidden treasure in it that could only be found by searching the city to attract people into the area.

26. I would add an Asian themed continent with Asian themed weapons, buildings, quests, armor, and lore.

27. I would re-open runescape classic.

28. I would sell the rights to fun orb, and cancel mechscape to insure runescape was my main focus.

29. I would then start working on Runescape 3 which would be a downloadable game and would no longer use java. I would develop a custom game engine that could support fifteen to twenty-five thousand players per server(similar to the dark fall engine in development), I would rescale and redevelop the runescape landscape in rs3 and make everything much larger in scale, I would then add new Islands, continents, cities, 1000s of new quests( the new rs3 would take years of development though) secrets locations, weapons, skills and spells scattered all over the game world. I would make the new runescape so big it would take twenty-four hours to get across it on the fastest ship(which would be three times faster then mounts while mounts would be four times as fast as a running player). I would add other playable races in runescape, the leveling system would be the same upset for different races, different races would need less exp to raise certain levels, like elves would need less experience to raise range levels and other skills, they would also be able to get higher levels in certain skills then other races, and vise versa for other races. I would add navel battle and redevelop the skills in runescape( you wouldn’t be able to transfer your runescape 2 account to runescape 3 upset for your name because it would pretty much be a completely different game, but you would still be able to play runescape 2 and Runescape classic). I would make RS3 with no safe zones, player made cities, make 99.9 percent of all items in the game craft able, make full loot and make it in an fps style fighting system. I would add a weather generating system that effected spells(fire spells would be weaker while it rained while lightning and water spells would be stronger etc). The oceans would be more dangerous during a storm and it would be harder to steer the ship, if you killed a player you could take anything off their person including their mount(if you haven’t killed it yet). I would add 1000s of new skills and 1000s of new spells. And that’s just the beginning, if I wrote everything I wanted to do for runescape it would probably be over 400 pages long.

• AmazingAveryAmazingAvery Age of Conan AdvocateMember UncommonPosts: 7,188

Just make it so you could PvP anywhere like back in the old days!

Re-set the stats for all.

Palo God, I bow down to your ideas, they are very feasable, and unique! Good Job man.

• jetlee119jetlee119 Member Posts: 1

I believe that f2p people should get a monthly update. They make up like 80% of the runescape population and they get treated like slaves.

The free for all worlds is just another rip-off. Bring back the OLD WILD AND THE NO LIMIT TRADING!

We need merchanting to come back online.

If you are under 13, and Jagex has proof that you are under 13, then Jagex should be able to fine that kid's parents $100/200 pounds/150 euros/100 Canadian Dollars.

Then the parents of that kid will totally block runescape.com out of that kid's life.

That would be more useful then raising the membership cost for all of us over 13 still actually playing runescape.

Originally posted by Blissey

Palo God, I bow down to your ideas, they are very feasable, and unique! Good Job man.

Thanks for the appreciation, ones upon a time I was actually planning on working for jagex as a game developer, that’s how much I loved the game.