Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

if you could get a life time membership with $10 would u..?

Me and my team are planning on buying Hero Engine but do not have the funds, so we decided if we could get enogh people to plegde themselves to giving us $10 dollars or more. If you give this amount then you will be able to get a free membership on our game for the rest of your life!

So once we get enough people yes YES i'll help pay, then me and my team will buy the program and make a game thats unbeatable in all aspects!

Please leave comments about this and I'll give to updates on how close we are gettin to our goal.

Before you give your money however we need to get the right amount of people.

!well it will be a mid evil based game it will have some RuneScape qualitys with it with a little bit of World of WarCraft and some other ideas put together.

It will be 3 teams each team will have a castle and things to defend it. EAch teams goal is to capture both castles.

I will give more info soon on it in depth. =Þ

regards, Me and my Team!

P.S. Please answer poll question

Ben Milford!!!

Comments

• sheepwoolsheepwool Member Posts: 12

This is in the stages where we need as many people as possible to say yes and in doing this we can roughly gadge how much money we would have by doing this.

Ben Milford!!!

• TeimanTeiman Member Posts: 1,319

Interesting idea.

But there are full free games that already exist and cost that much or less. 

Why the world need another MMO?,  we think people with talent and good ideas and time and talent a tried and failed to deliver a good MMO. 

Why you are better than $(insert random company that has waste several million dollars on a MMO proyect) ?

yes this is true! But since in the past MMO's have died out even some big onces, and we are not spending millions of $ then it my be worth it and it may not be. the and we are going to work on it tooth and nail to make it fun. Also even if ppl don't play it worth it to just see how well it works and have that satisfaction.

Ben Milford!!!

• ssnautilusssnautilus Member Posts: 373

How much is the license for the Hero Engine anyway? And what is your ability and vision for creative and everlasting concepts?

The starting price without most ad-ons is about $300,000.

Ben Milford!!!

• AckbarAckbar Member UncommonPosts: 927

I hear banks are giving away big loans these days, maybe you should look into it.

----ITS A TRAP!!!----

• ssnautilusssnautilus Member Posts: 373
    Originally posted by sheepwool

The starting price without most ad-ons is about $300,000.

So you would need atleast 30,000 Life-Time members to support you in order for you to simply purchase a bare bones piece of software.

May I suggest you head over to Sourceforge and pick up multiple softs and dlls and cluster them together to achieve what you wish to achieve. Plenty of 3D engines out there can atleast get your started - like the Irrlicht engine, or Conitec A6/A7 engines - then when you HAVE an awed audience via your demos, then perhaps you should jump to something like the Hero Engine (assuming its worth every penny).

• MarLMarL Member UncommonPosts: 606

Why dont you use one of the many free engines to put out a tech demo to get finacing.....

Or why dont you start small with games like popcap and work your way up. Iphone games are making tons of money now.

A quick search of wikipedia has provided me with 55 tags under free game engines.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Free_game_engines

Im not saying its impossible to make a mmo, endlessages was basically written by one guy and it was extrememly well done for one guy. He did have one guy to finace him though and he built his own engine.

Also if your going to make a mmo, don't even thinkg about competing with wow,war,runescape make a totally unique mmo.

Own, Mine, Defend, Attack, 24/7

• VonStrangleVonStrangle Member Posts: 10

Wah! Duplicated thread. I won't why would I pay 10$ if I won't be enjoying the game? I'd rather burn up my money to any mmo's out there atleast that is the game I want.

• talismen351talismen351 Member Posts: 1,124

From what you are saying...you think your game will be ground breaking...but doubtfully it will. If anything the game will be mediocre at best. Want money? Do like the rest of us do, goto the bank n borrow it! Banks have oodles of money. Just need to have enouph collateral to cover the costs, and prove to them you are a legit busness n can pay off your debt. I am sure that at the mature ripe age of 13 you are ready to make the full time commitment to developing a massive game n therefor ready to handle the debtload that comes with running a busness.

• ZodiaEclipseZodiaEclipse Member Posts: 100

Sorry kid, but I doubt anyone is really going to pay  you and your friends to play game designer.

Not saying you couldn't ever make a game, but for all we know you guys will collect the money then decide the idea is boring and give up. Even if by some weird stroke of luck you managed to get the software and start making the game it could take years before we'd see anything ever come of our investment.

As others have suggested maybe you should get a cheaper software and complete some projects to prove that you guys are really as dedicated as you say before you start asking for donations.

• eosyneeosyne Member UncommonPosts: 392

i second the statement that his profile says he's 13 years old -.-

man you wouldn't even be able to create a character model let alone raise that money. start saving your allowance and you might be able to afford it in 6000 years.

• el_muerteel_muerte Member Posts: 191

how's about you start making artwork for your game, show us some concept art, sketches and drawings, then work on some models and animation... i know i'm an irrational optimist and would love to see the little guy stick it to the big business by making a successful MMO, even a small simple one, but even I would need some proof of concept.  show us some renders of the game world, a castle or two, some weapons, scenery, etc.  and character animations... if you can't get together some decent animations of player characters walking, fighting, etc don't bother asking us for money and definitely don't try the bank... they'll laugh you right out of there.

• VanesoleynVanesoleyn Member Posts: 1
    Originally posted by el_muerte

how's about you start making artwork for your game, show us some concept art, sketches and drawings, then work on some models and animation... i know i'm an irrational optimist and would love to see the little guy stick it to the big business by making a successful MMO, even a small simple one, but even I would need some proof of concept.  show us some renders of the game world, a castle or two, some weapons, scenery, etc.  and character animations... if you can't get together some decent animations of player characters walking, fighting, etc don't bother asking us for money and definitely don't try the bank... they'll laugh you right out of there.

Cool, sees he don't know how these things should be taken and don't know the answers, I think there are so many things he need to learn and to think of, nothing would be successful if there is only an idea.

• KarlinatorKarlinator Member Posts: 9

I'd pay it as long as I got to give my opinions and suggestions on things to be added to the game.

• StormbowStormbow Member UncommonPosts: 201

I don't think I'd be interested in throwing money at something like this. And by the way, your second poll option says I'll give you a dime.  While tempting, I don't think PayPal would allow such a low transaction to be completed.

It's kind of far fetched to think 30,000 people would want to spend money on something they have no idea about.  And, no offense intended, this could very well be a scam (i.e., you get the money and claim the game fell through or whatever).

I'm not trying to be mean, I'm keepin' it real.

Likewise, the OP's name isn't properly capitalized, nor does it appear to be a very serious choice of a name, the thread title contains internet slang ("u") and improper punctuation ("u..?"), and finally, this is a duplicated thread on the Roleplaying forum, yet has nothing to do with roleplaying per se. These things detract from the credibility of the OP and the reliability of the request, and are the reason I would definitely not be interested.  This thread/request can also be found HERE.

Of course, I wish you the best of luck with your endeavor.

• kingtommyboykingtommyboy Member Posts: 543

I quit reading after you said you will use a bid of wow and a bid of rs

please make something NEW!!! don't use things that already exist

If you want to make a game that has succes (as an amateur-team, I suggest you are because you ask funds from people on a forum) then you have to think about something that does not exist yet

-------------------------------------------------------------------
    waiting for ... nothing..