Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Beast Trainer

repapipsrepapips Member Posts: 450

I have this dilema whether to hire a ebast master or not... because upon studying the skills of a beast trainer you will see that the beast trainer has only one skill and that is to summon beast...

beast summon is like he summon a pack of animals or warriors doing damages to all of your characters.... sounds terrific right??? but the damages that the summon gives to the opponent is just so little... and you can consider it just one of the cheap shot and doesnt took away the hp of your opponent...

But my fellow players keep telling me that beast trainers are one of the great mercs in the game...

so what do you think???

Comments

• Gabby-airGabby-air Member UncommonPosts: 3,440

The only thing people have her is for tanking but a sword has better def and wears a shiel plus more damage, some people still take her as there quite close

• repapipsrepapips Member Posts: 450

So are you trying to tell me that i just stick to swordy... but my problem is that i have 3 swordy in my line up and i thinks it's too redudant for me.... so i'm thinking to get a beast trainer to add flavor in my formation... to create a variety of mercs that can combine their skill fo faster kill...

• Ghostin4Ghostin4 Member Posts: 29
    Originally posted by repapips

So are you trying to tell me that i just stick to swordy... but my problem is that i have 3 swordy in my line up and i thinks it's too redudant for me.... so i'm thinking to get a beast trainer to add flavor in my formation... to create a variety of mercs that can combine their skill fo faster kill...

PLEASE dont tell me your the guy with 3 swords frontline and 3 shamans (one of them main) backline who fought the GM, if so i am going to have to kill you right now. 3 swords is good but that take decent damage from lightning spears and guns. spears take decent damage from flame sword and guns, BM has BOTH of their flaws taking decent dmg from flame sword and lightning spear. if you get a BM its a PVE based class and its AOE is a joke unless you want to pay for its offhand weapon (a creature but it uses one every time u use the summon skill)

• conqistadorconqistador Member Posts: 237

I havent reached a high enough level to confirm this but from my experience fighting in free league, the beast trainer usually is my kryptonite.. aside from dealing 9x9 grid damage, characters caught off guard can get can get critical damage and my lone shaman delirious on which row to heal first.. probably in doing quests and levelling up beast trainer is not that useful as strategy is different there defeating monsters as compared to pvp defeating players...

• SlappanSlappan Member Posts: 289

Beast Trainer is a good character, not spectactular, but does good damage and is a capable tank. As a pure damager, beast trainer is a better axe-type damager, and seems to have more armor than vikings. The skill is pretty powerful, even if it uses up an animal to be effective. I just finished the quest line for beast trainer, and I am leveling her up at the moment.

• lordlapselordlapse Member Posts: 231

Every C class mercenary is worth the take. So the first time you can actually get one, get one. And the Beast trainer has more AoE damage, compared to the 1 versus 1 of the swordsman. And if your swordsmen do get stunned, its practically over for you.

• conqistadorconqistador Member Posts: 237
    Originally posted by conqistador

I havent reached a high enough level to confirm this but from my experience fighting in free league, the beast trainer usually is my kryptonite.. aside from dealing 9x9 grid damage, characters caught off guard can get can get critical damage and my lone shaman delirious on which row to heal first.. probably in doing quests and levelling up beast trainer is not that useful as strategy is different there defeating monsters as compared to pvp defeating players...

ive confirmed that the beast master's tanker ability is more of use than her skills especially on PVE... PVP probably its a different story and it really depends upon your strategy but on PVE definitely the beast master's attack is pretty much useless

• SlappanSlappan Member Posts: 289

The only problem with C class mercenaries and above, is that they are hell to upgrade. If you buy the crystals required to upgrade one of these, you end up spending more than 500k. I also have no idea where to get them, so when the time comes to upgrade the beast trainer, I think I'd have to part with a large sum of my hard earned money.

• lordlapselordlapse Member Posts: 231
    Originally posted by Slappan

The only problem with C class mercenaries and above, is that they are hell to upgrade. If you buy the crystals required to upgrade one of these, you end up spending more than 500k. I also have no idea where to get them, so when the time comes to upgrade the beast trainer, I think I'd have to part with a large sum of my hard earned money.

They sure do. That is why the "farmers" have been farming these crystals instead of the old fashioned Ashen crystals now. However, I do expect it to be worth the upgrade. Its really just a matter of sacrifice. And gold comes easy.