Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Low/Mid population is a LIE!

You may or may not have read my topic 2 days ago where I complained about grinding necessary to advance in WAR. I play a Witchelf on a openrvr/rp realm marked as medium-population for both factions pretty much all the time. Which I rolled with thinking that medium, like in any other games, means "the golden middle between nobody there and inflated and about to burst".

So in my hour of darkness, with no scenarios popping as always, and no RvR going on as always, and nobody there to do a PQ as always, between solo killing ilirian woodrester and ellyrian grasscutter, I created a witchhunter on a high/full server yesterday, just to check population numbers and how the experience gain is on these servers.

It's a joke, honestly, no, more than that. First of all, as a sidenote, I totally realized, again, why order is underpopulated. I don't know why Mythic was as stupid as this, but about any destruction class looks and feels cooler than the order guys. AND, having the direct mirror as a main, Witchelf owns Witchhunter any day by melee burst damage.

But that's a sidenote, mainly I wanted to state that leveling is incredibly fast and fun when you can join these scenarios all the time. I primarly sat in the starting village with a scenario popping every 30 seconds, until I quit at 4 am in the morning. I leveled from 1 to 9 in 3 hours. So yea, no revelation there.

But long story short. The point is, my Witchelf server was marked as MEDIUM population, on a Fridays peak hour, there were 11 destruction people above level 30, 87 people levels 20 to 30, 70 people levels 15 to 20. So I though well might scale with the low level cap.

But NO, it doesn't, I did that again on the high/full server and got intruiging results. ONLY level 40, more than one page, only level 39, more than one page, only level 38, more than one page, all the way down to level 24, where I stopped doing this. 

I did that again with the pure, low population RP realm I created a character on someday and it was shocking, to say the least, all destruction characters from 10 to 40 fit on one page. Friday, 10:30 pm.

I didn't bother to find our how many people exceed the search results, but for Christs sake, it's crystal clear that they don't scale crap here. A server's like "medium" when 200 people are playing simultaneously but turns high with 1000, 1500, or more. I don't wanna rant more than necessary, but what is this **** anyways, 200 people make a medium population? On a regular server in any other game 200 people per faction are close to "empty". You can usually play full well on a "medium" server in any game of your choice with plenty of people around to play with.

No let's cross the border to conclusionland and look at the german european servers (that's what I'm looking at here). There are 3 servers marked "high" population during peak times, and about a dozen servers that are markes mid or low.

Seriously, MERGE the FU**ING SERVERS!!!

M

EDIT: Yea and I know, nobody cares, but I think I'll quit after the free month until they solve this, I'm not rerolling, they either fix their crappy server policy or they can go to hell and take they game with them.

/rantmode off

Comments

• gan3fgan3f Member UncommonPosts: 274

The cake is a lie too.

• BetelguezBetelguez Member Posts: 52

witchelf and witchhunter felt like bad copies of blizzards rogue (they even have combo points....)

• MartufMartuf Member UncommonPosts: 82
    Originally posted by Betelguez

witchelf and witchhunter felt like bad copies of blizzards rogue (they even have combo points....)

wow was not the inventors of combo points... and combo points are stuck to a target in wow... they arent in war and thats a big difference

And as for the cake

its always a lie

• makiimakii Member Posts: 280

ofc they cheat. thats how blizz works too. 10mil players is also a big lie. look at theyre forums, begging for server merge, and they did already some, cause population is shrinking.

war is not gona be different. but hell WHY JOINING A MID OR LOW POP SERVER????

there is 0 profit from them in long term. always this" im a nerd a need place for myself (hide in the dark)" mentallity

• EmotionsEmotions Member UncommonPosts: 333

time to join order for you:)

• EmotionsEmotions Member UncommonPosts: 333

You may whine as much as you want but merging the servers isn't going to help much

if your side is high/full and the other side is low/medium ... don't even bother trying for an scenario ... i left desctruction just for that problem

now that i am in order in tier 2/3 i get a scenario pretty fast maximum wait time is 5 minutes. Sometimes its 5mins +  but that when most people are sleeping 5 in the morning or something

• MeridionMeridion Member UncommonPosts: 1,495

I already had an Archmage through level 18, and a Shadow Warrior at level 16, and now a Witchhunter at level 11.

I'm sorry, I can't. The highelves look like crossdressers, the dwarves are, well, dwarves and the humans look like 16th century peasants, which they pretty much are. The animations, with Swordmaster and engineers being exceptions, are boring and the faction is generally lacking tanks and dps classes that don't blow themselves up once they start rolling. Funny thing is, when I played Northwatch with my Witchelf I used to rape Witchhunters 4, 5 levels above all the time, then I was sure its only coincidence and luck. But as a Witchhunter through tier 1, I got cut to pieces all the time, felt like changing to the victims role.

BTW, I just have to imagine through the destruction classes and not one of them, not one, is uncool. Every class, even the dark elven ones that essentially use the same models, are iconic and unique. If all this crap wouldn't have happened and I'd start out fresh today, I'd have 4, 5 classes in mind that seem "wow cool, wanna try that out", these classes are Marauder, Zealot, Magus, Disciple of Khaine and Shaman.

I'm really being emotionally honest here, I - and many many other people too I guess - can't relate to the Order design with the only one I thought was unique, the witchhunter, being gimped at least till level 11.

M

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Originally posted by Meridion

The highelves look like crossdressers,

A humorous comment from someone who appears to play a female avatar in EVE. But back on topic.

Everything you say might be true, but even so, you've posted your messages on a forum where most folks won't care.  More importantly, Mythic employees almost never visit this site (they only show up where they have homefield advantage) so you would be better off by posting on a site that is in Mythic's back pocket like VNBoards or  the other fanboi heavens.

And, as others have suggested, the solution looks simple, re-roll on another server with a high population, some are high for both order and destruction.  Your highest level character is like what, 18, nothing really lost there I'm afraid, you said yourself, level 9 in 3 hours.

Or, you are free to do what you suggested, take your money elsewhere until things change to your satisfaction.

Case closed I guess, thread can be shut down now. 

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Originally posted by Kyleran

A humorous comment from someone who appears to play a female avatar in EVE. But back on topic.

Playing a female avatar and being a crossdresser isn't really the same thing... And the high elves do look stupid, they based them of the worst models from the tabletop instead of the best looking from the RPG. It is clear that destruction/Chaos got more love from Mythic and that's why more play them.

But back to topic, yes Both Mythic and Funcom cheats a bit with the numbers for the servers, we should se the numbers of players online, not what the company is low, mid or high. Have the numbers be green on low, white on med and red on high too, then you really get the idea better how big the server is and ca chose the one you wants.

• KokushibyouKokushibyou Member UncommonPosts: 230

To the OP, you might want to try to get a North American copy of the game and play on the Oceanic servers.  I am in NA, but play on Ironclaw and Darklands and both have 2 sets of peek play times the main being about 5am - 11 am CST when they are full at their peak and when Order generaly takes all the keeps on Ironclaw and 7pm - 2 am CST when they are high at their peek and Destruction comes in and takes back all the keeps on Ironclaw.

Ironclaw is a great server to be Order on, and Darklands is a good place to be if you want to see Destruction take the Order capital right away (order is getting steamrolled there).

• checkthis500checkthis500 Member Posts: 1,236
    Originally posted by Loke666

Playing a female avatar and being a crossdresser isn't really the same thing... And the high elves do look stupid, they based them of the worst models from the tabletop instead of the best looking from the RPG. It is clear that destruction/Chaos got more love from Mythic and that's why more play them.

But back to topic, yes Both Mythic and Funcom cheats a bit with the numbers for the servers, we should se the numbers of players online, not what the company is low, mid or high. Have the numbers be green on low, white on med and red on high too, then you really get the idea better how big the server is and ca chose the one you wants.

Really?  Chaos got more love?  That must explain the 5 hairstyles and 5 beard options, none of which look anywhere near decent. 

Whereas the elves actually look exactly like warhammer elves from the Artwork, not the miniature.  You can't get facial features from miniatures lol.

And the OP saying they look like crossdressers must just not like the battle robes idea.  Meh.  The high elves have some of my favorite character art out of any of the races except for the greenskins, and their areas seem like they had the most though put into the landscapes. 

---------------------------------------------
    I live to fight, and fight to live.

• Originally posted by checkthis500

Really?  Chaos got more love?  That must explain the 5 hairstyles and 5 beard options, none of which look anywhere near decent. 

Whereas the elves actually look exactly like warhammer elves from the Artwork, not the miniature.  You can't get facial features from miniatures lol.

And the OP saying they look like crossdressers must just not like the battle robes idea.  Meh.  The high elves have some of my favorite character art out of any of the races except for the greenskins, and their areas seem like they had the most though put into the landscapes. 

Just goes to show that beauty is always in the eye of the beholder...

• MrVicchioMrVicchio Member Posts: 598
    Originally posted by gan3f

The cake is a lie too.

QFT

Always change your signature.

• rymanryman Member Posts: 227

Last I checked roleplaying or pretending to be a woman could definitely be in the range of cross dressing. I mean, you do have to get the image down...amiright?

That's why guys playing chic avatars in-game personally freak me out about their true character. =(

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Originally posted by ryman

Last I checked roleplaying or pretending to be a woman could definitely be in the range of cross dressing. I mean, you do have to get the image down...amiright?
    That's why guys playing chic avatars in-game personally freak me out about their true character. =(

Lol. it is a computer game. it is a bit scary when a guy playing a female avatar having cybersex with a guy but you can't really mean that you think playing a female avatar is the same thing as wearing womens cloth in public.

• Frostbite05Frostbite05 Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,880

You may or may not have read my topic 2 days ago where I complained about grinding necessary to advance in WAR. I play a Witchelf on a openrvr/rp realm marked as medium-population for both factions pretty much all the time. Which I rolled with thinking that medium, like in any other games, means "the golden middle between nobody there and inflated and about to burst".
    So in my hour of darkness, with no scenarios popping as always, and no RvR going on as always, and nobody there to do a PQ as always, between solo killing ilirian woodrester and ellyrian grasscutter, I created a witchhunter on a high/full server yesterday, just to check population numbers and how the experience gain is on these servers.
    It's a joke, honestly, no, more than that. First of all, as a sidenote, I totally realized, again, why order is underpopulated. I don't know why Mythic was as stupid as this, but about any destruction class looks and feels cooler than the order guys. AND, having the direct mirror as a main, Witchelf owns Witchhunter any day by melee burst damage.

But that's a sidenote, mainly I wanted to state that leveling is incredibly fast and fun when you can join these scenarios all the time. I primarly sat in the starting village with a scenario popping every 30 seconds, until I quit at 4 am in the morning. I leveled from 1 to 9 in 3 hours. So yea, no revelation there.
    But long story short. The point is, my Witchelf server was marked as MEDIUM population, on a Fridays peak hour, there were 11 destruction people above level 30, 87 people levels 20 to 30, 70 people levels 15 to 20. So I though well might scale with the low level cap.
    But NO, it doesn't, I did that again on the high/full server and got intruiging results. ONLY level 40, more than one page, only level 39, more than one page, only level 38, more than one page, all the way down to level 24, where I stopped doing this. 
    I did that again with the pure, low population RP realm I created a character on someday and it was shocking, to say the least, all destruction characters from 10 to 40 fit on one page. Friday, 10:30 pm.
    I didn't bother to find our how many people exceed the search results, but for Christs sake, it's crystal clear that they don't scale crap here. A server's like "medium" when 200 people are playing simultaneously but turns high with 1000, 1500, or more. I don't wanna rant more than necessary, but what is this **** anyways, 200 people make a medium population? On a regular server in any other game 200 people per faction are close to "empty". You can usually play full well on a "medium" server in any game of your choice with plenty of people around to play with.

No let's cross the border to conclusionland and look at the german european servers (that's what I'm looking at here). There are 3 servers marked "high" population during peak times, and about a dozen servers that are markes mid or low.
    M

EDIT: Yea and I know, nobody cares, but I think I'll quit after the free month until they solve this, I'm not rerolling, they either fix their crappy server policy or they can go to hell and take they game with them.
    /rantmode off

honestly yea no one does care because a good majority don't experiance what you are. If its that bad just roll another server.

• ZorgoZorgo Member UncommonPosts: 2,254

So it sounds like you learned you prefer a higher population server. How is this Mythic's fault? Should they have known your personal tastes and sent you an email before you played, letting you know your preference?
    Here's the evidence to support the realization that perhaps you'd like a full server better.

So you thought you'd prefer Order and after playing a destruction toon you realized it fit your style better. How dare Mythic not be tuned in to your personal preference again, they should have your opinion memorized by now! You should demand mandatory registered letters from Mythic prior to playing the game letting you know what your opinion is, so you don't have to waste time figuring it out on your own.
    You didn't discover an 'inherent flaw' in Order design, you discovered your own preference.
    Evidence to support why your opinion for preferring high population and faster xp. How did Mythic not know your preference prior to your purchase? If only they could have read your mind so you didn't have to wander around and 'discover' for yourself what you liked.
    So, now that you have found your server, found your side and found your class and are having fun - I recommend that you cancel due to this agregious outrage!
    For chrissakes, give them time to adjust and figure it out. So their statistical models for server balance didn't work out in reality. They've started the first step, which they stated was the first step of many to address the balancing issues - the added xp. Moving herds of people around to balance server numbers is an enormous nightmare considering the number of different unique opinions and preferences among each individual player. You see, some actually DO prefer Order classes. Some actually DO prefer Med or Low Population. Some people DO like to take a long journey to the top rather than fastrack. Your opinion actually isn't a 'fact' which can be applied to all. The most you could say is that you hold the majority opinion.  They have to consider everyone's opinions and preferences and find workable solutions that minimize pissing people off while maximizing balance. Do you have a graduate degree in Sociology and Statistics + intricate knowledge of mmo construction, specifically do you understand the coding of Warhammer to help them out?

I can tell by your opinion and your attitude that you are an impulsive, give it to me, give it to me now personality. You feel your opinion is fact. You take no personal responsibility. You chose a low/med population server and its Mythics fault. You chose an Order character and now its mythics fault. Because of your impulsive nature, you don't want to re-roll your highest toon now*** that you found a server you like, you want a free transfer, and why because Mythic is responsible for YOUR choices. Go ahead, give them that power if you want, but I think you'll feel this anger for the rest of your life by giving others the power over your opinion and decisions, but to each his own.
    You have been taught well by our society to believe in this selfish type of greed. You are the quintesential reason our society is now unravelling. Some Godbox somewhere convinced you that somehow a Video Game deserves this type of angst and that you are "OWED" fun on a plate. They did a good job brainwashing you to get angry about things that DON"T actually matter, like say, a video game and have successfully diverted your attention away from things that actually matter like say, a world economic collapse.

***LOL I wrote the 'you don't want to re-roll" before I actually read this statement - thanks for helping to prove my point.
    That'll show 'em. 749,999 accounts.
      /rantmode off - ditto
    M

• snipergsniperg Member Posts: 863

Destruction models are cool? I guess if we are looking for cheap porn or if we want to realise that the chaos gods obviously support the use of steroids:P

Joking of course:)

Really though I think you just are unlucky.

A friend is not him who provides support during your failures.A friend is the one that cheers you during your successes.

• ManchineManchine Member UncommonPosts: 469

So its just low servers that are the problem.  Hmmm.... and new people are coming in and playing but just not fast enough for you aye? 

• BinaryDigitBinaryDigit Member Posts: 49

OP:  I feel your pain mate, but I can't help but laugh at some of the scathing responses your post has generated.  What's better is that they're all correct.

Just bite the bullet and reroll on another server.  If you don't, you're not punishing Mythic, you're punishing yourself.

Not that I'm saying there's anything wrong with sadism....

Its just that I'm more of a masochist myself.

EDIT* Zorgo, you rule.

Meridian 59 Beta Tester circa 1996

• NewhopesNewhopes Member Posts: 458
    Originally posted by Manchine

So its just low servers that are the problem.  Hmmm.... and new people are coming in and playing but just not fast enough for you aye? 

Low pop servers are in my experience are loseing more players than there gaining, people normaly play to about rank 10 and see how deserted the server is and reroll to high pop server so they get the chance to do something other than pq stage 1 grinding.

• ManchineManchine Member UncommonPosts: 469
    Originally posted by Newhopes

Originally posted by Manchine

Low pop servers are in my experience are loseing more players than there gaining, people normaly play to about rank 10 and see how deserted the server is and reroll to high pop server so they get the chance to do something other than pq stage 1 grinding.

It all depends on what happens after the first month here.  If game continues to grow this won't be a problem.

• acme22acme22 Member Posts: 97
    Originally posted by Emotions

You may whine as much as you want but merging the servers isn't going to help much
    if your side is high/full and the other side is low/medium ... don't even bother trying for an scenario ... i left desctruction just for that problem
    now that i am in order in tier 2/3 i get a scenario pretty fast maximum wait time is 5 minutes. Sometimes its 5mins +  but that when most people are sleeping 5 in the morning or something

Fak scenario. I hear enough of that nonsense.

• WSIMikeWSIMike Member Posts: 5,564
    Originally posted by ryman

Not everyone who plays a character is automatically role-playing them.

I personally don't associate myself with my characters, male, female or otherwise. Nor do I role play them.

I choose which ever character I find looks the coolest (in my opinion). It tends to be female characters at times because, in my experience, they tend to look and move better than the male characters (again, in my opinion).

So... you're creeping out over someone else playing a female character based on an assumption that may well not even be true.

"If you just step away for a sec you will clearly see all the pot holes in the road,
    and the cash shop selling asphalt..."
    - Mimzel on F2P/Cash Shops

• jmcdermottukjmcdermottuk Member RarePosts: 1,571

OP: You realise that /who will not show an accurate number of the population? Most ppl are aware of the gold spammers and the easiest way to stop them is to go to the social window, options and check the box for hidden.

If you do this you will not show up when anyone does a /who. I know a lot of ppl have done this so they won't get a tell from "ndjytsgs: tells you: "WAR gold blah blah blah.""

I'm not saying your wrong about your server being as low pop as you say, just that using /who is inaccurate.