Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What would be wrong getting to L40 by Scenaros ONLY?

2»

Comments

• checkthis500checkthis500 Member Posts: 1,236
    Originally posted by Tawn47

Well if a shame if everyone does that..  which they are because it is the best way to exp.
    Personally I wanted to play an MMORPG..  not an instanced PvP game.  So it frustrates me that I have to do scenarios to keep up with my guildmates.
    Not that scenarios aren't fun..  but theyre a shallow form of PvP compared with open world RvR.

I get more xp and renown from world pvp than I ever got from scenarios.  Got 2 full renown ranks (approx. 13k renown) in like an hour and a half doing open world RvR.  And also got like 3/4 of a level in that same hour and a half.

Granted this is from RR10 to RR12, and only level 14, but I don't even bother doing scenarios.  They're not nearly as much fun as the tug of war over a keep.

Not to mention that the best RvR loot (i.e. RvR SET PIECES) come from Open world RvR player kills, keep lord kills, and BO sergeant kills.  As per the Jeff Hickman interview, and proven in-game.

So sure level your way through with only scenarios.  You're missing out on 40+ v 40+ several hour keep sieges where the renown and xp pour in constantly while you're sitting in a queue.

Scenarios are fun to break up the pace of open world RvR or if you only have 30 minutes to log in, aside from that they don't compare to open world RvR and once people start realizing this, you'll see tons more Open RvR battles going on.

Edit: To fuzzylogic: Dude get out there in open world, the drops there and the keep lord and BO sergeant drops own PQ drops.  Seriously.  Much much better.

---------------------------------------------
    I live to fight, and fight to live.

• fuzzylojikfuzzylojik Member Posts: 432
    Originally posted by checkthis500

Originally posted by Tawn47

Well if a shame if everyone does that..  which they are because it is the best way to exp.
    Personally I wanted to play an MMORPG..  not an instanced PvP game.  So it frustrates me that I have to do scenarios to keep up with my guildmates.
    Not that scenarios aren't fun..  but theyre a shallow form of PvP compared with open world RvR.

I get more xp and renown from world pvp than I ever got from scenarios.  Got 2 full renown ranks (approx. 13k renown) in like an hour and a half doing open world RvR.  And also got like 3/4 of a level in that same hour and a half.

Granted this is from RR10 to RR12, and only level 14, but I don't even bother doing scenarios.  They're not nearly as much fun as the tug of war over a keep.

Not to mention that the best RvR loot (i.e. RvR SET PIECES) come from Open world RvR player kills, keep lord kills, and BO sergeant kills.  As per the Jeff Hickman interview, and proven in-game.

So sure level your way through with only scenarios.  You're missing out on 40+ v 40+ several hour keep sieges where the renown and xp pour in constantly while you're sitting in a queue.

Scenarios are fun to break up the pace of open world RvR or if you only have 30 minutes to log in, aside from that they don't compare to open world RvR and once people start realizing this, you'll see tons more Open RvR battles going on.

Edit: To fuzzylogic: Dude get out there in open world, the drops there and the keep lord and BO sergeant drops own PQ drops.  Seriously.  Much much better.

There is currently a problem with open world RvR.  The server populations are hugely unbalanced and there is very no xp gain from taking objectives.  These 2 factors combined make it very hard to level only in ORVR, albeit possible but much less efficient.

I did try this but found scenarios to be more efficient.  I'm sure it differs from server to server tho.

I've been to a total of 22 keep siege attempts and highest been placed being 2nd, 3rd and 5th.  I've never won a blue loot bag.  Hmm I got to try the BO drops and see tho, so far I haven't seen anything drop but I've only taken maybe 8-10 objectives overall.

I'm just gonna grind to 40 on scenarios since I'm already 38.  Hopefully, they buff up ORVR XP so more people will do it instead of scenarios and fix pop imbalance a bit.