Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Talk of a AXIS walkout is TRUE!

The axis are planning a walkout.   They are tired of the tier 0 imbalance that has consistantly lead to the defeat of the AXIS early in the game.... case and point, 6 day campaign...   

A large percentage of the AXIS best and largest squads are perticipating in the walkout.    The demands are simple.

-The 109E4 moved to TIER 0

-The Spitfire Mk1 Moved to TIER 0

-The D520 moved to TIER 0.

Reasons, the 110C can not handle the single engine aircraft that the allies posses at that tier.   Which has a trickle down affect on the game.   Without air control, the Germans can NOT use the 88 in a ATG role, and the Stuka cant perform its Close Air Support role.     Then there is the fact that the allies at that point then can bring in their bombers which are FASTER than the 110C (in game).   For close air support.     The imbalance in the air leads to the imbalance on the ground.    But some of the rats, DOC, dont belive this to be true.   He insists on giving the allies more tanks at tier 0.   And less ATGs to the germans.    He insists on firing the WHOLE senior command staff of the german HC (OKW) for some petty stuff that happened and that was incorrectly handled by BOTH CRS, and the players with the problem.    

Yea this works in the favor of balance HOW?  

Exactly what I want to know there.  

So much crap, so little quality.

Comments

• ZertyrZertyr Member UncommonPosts: 263

interesting, interesting indeed.

anyone else have comments on this? i know too little to comment about this.

• fredrik1fredrik1 Member Posts: 144

Just ignoring the fact that the 110C has POSITIVE KD agains ALL tier 0 fighters..

Bf110c (DE) Hurri I (UK) 1,160 1,043 1.11
    Bf110c (DE) Hawk 75 (FR) 817 818 1.00

The Axis side gets a single seat figher the 109e1 in the next patch.

The players that he is talking about were removed because they refused to follow the terms of service of the game, even after being warned.

Sad to se that the comunity isn't as mature as I once thought.

• topdtopd Community Manager - World War II OnlineMember Posts: 5

Whats true is that hodo is trying to organize a walkout.  With very little success.  The managers, artists, coders, and community managers of CRS are a small but very dedicated group.  They communicate more with their subscribers than an MMO on the market. - including monthly team speak "Rat Chat" where our subscribers can ask any questions they like provided the question related to the discussion topic.

Our development tree, because we are a small MMO, can take a long time to implement.  Likewise, when we change things, we communicate with our base as to why we did what we did.  Even though they may not understand it or like it. 

CRS employees also often answer player questions in our forums much more often than any other MMO.  Sometime the answer is no but when can any MMO development team always answer. "Sure, we can do that". 

Hodo has issues with HIS perception of how the game needs to be setup.  I do too.  But I communicate in a calm and professional manner.  I give ideas AND how they might be implemented.  If the answer is no and the reasoning is sound so be it.  I don't resort to using foul language or making real or implied threats.  It's unprofessional and immature.

As has been posted on the battlegroundeurope website, the OKW officers in question were removed for failure to follow their articles of conduct and complicated the situation with their refusal to respond to several inquiries.  That's all I can and will say.  Anymore would violate confidential e-mail, team speak chats, and telephone conversations with the people involved. 

We can't satisfy EVERY players request to add, drop, code, or modify a feature.  If we did, the game would never progress.  Are we making rapid progress?  Not near as much as we would like but it's the best we can do.

• HodoHodo Member Posts: 542

Oh so its nice to see the RAT fanboys come here too... 

TOPD I am affraid, that DOC is the only one with a jacked up sense of reality.      And as for how well the walkout orginization is going, well thats something you have as little information about as I do,  AS it has not happend yet.    We will see how it turns out when it does happen.   But like all online things.  I dont think it will be a HUGE percentage walking out.   But even if it is 25% of the players then it is a large group of players that feel something IS wrong with DOCs game.  

So comeing here and attempting to flame me will not work, because this is not YOUR forum.   After all you said "We will be DAMNED if you use our forums for a axis walkout, so you best try and find another source for your outlets. "   And I did.      BTW welcome to MMORPG.com.

• Colt1945Colt1945 Member Posts: 8

Welcome to the forum Gents! :)

• eric_w66eric_w66 Member UncommonPosts: 1,006

If only the low-pop axis would stage a walk-out after tier 0 is over, the game might be somewhat more balanced during low-pop time.

• topdtopd Community Manager - World War II OnlineMember Posts: 5
    Originally posted by Hodo

Oh so its nice to see the RAT fanboys come here too... 
    TOPD I am affraid, that DOC is the only one with a jacked up sense of reality.      And as for how well the walkout orginization is going, well thats something you have as little information about as I do,  AS it has not happend yet.    We will see how it turns out when it does happen.   But like all online things.  I dont think it will be a HUGE percentage walking out.   But even if it is 25% of the players then it is a large group of players that feel something IS wrong with DOCs game.  

So comeing here and attempting to flame me will not work, because this is not YOUR forum.   After all you said "We will be DAMNED if you use our forums for a axis walkout, so you best try and find another source for your outlets. "   And I did.      BTW welcome to MMORPG.com.

If being part of the Playnet CM team makes me a fanboy then I'm happy to wear that title.  DOC has a fine sense of relality.  I know him and speak to him weekly in person and via e-mail.  It's not DOC's game.  That shows how little you know about Playnet.  It's Playnet's game - coders, artists, subscribers, community support, server support, and senior management. 

I'm well aware this is not Playnet's forum.  But when I hear from subscribers that you are on this forum tell half-thuths then I will respond with the truth. 

As for your quote.  I did say that I would not all you to use Playnets communication services to organize your walkout.  I never said "You best try and find another source for your outlets".  That's a lie.  Playnet has no control of third party forums, team speak or independant websites.  If you are going to quote me make sure you are accurate. 

I never flamed you on this forum.  I simply responded to your post because I received several e-mails, from axis and allied players, stating that you posted here. 

Donavon "topd" Dilling

Community Manager

Playnet, Inc

[email protected]

• TruethTrueth Member Posts: 287

What ever happened to Schilling as the community manager? I really disliked that guy.

Also, what Scoobe? Does he still play?

• TenBlueTenBlue Member Posts: 93

As far as I know 1775th hasn't heard about any walkout and even if one were to be organised we wouldn't participate.  Not one single one of us.

I don't understand, if you're so down on the game, Hodo, why don't you just play something else?  I got pissed off with GW after a while but I didn't launch a vendetta against ANet or go around trying to scare up a revolution and tarnish the game's image.  I just stopped playing and found something else that's fun.

Tenblue, your right, and I am.   I have mentioned it to your squad on TS, and they stated that they would not take part, but would find another way to voice their concerns.    I aggreed and left them to it.  

topd, so who did say that on TS Axis OKW command channel?   I was watching your light come on when it was said, unless someone else was on your channel, your mike at that time then I dont know who else could have said it.   Latham was quite silent at that time other than to aggree with your statement.   And I left it at that.     Other than a snyde remark as I left the channel.    { Mod Edit }

• WoopinWoopin Member UncommonPosts: 1,012

Didn't axis blame their high command messing up in that campaign ? At least this is what was mentioned over and over at the Allied section on the RAT forums.

I also have to agree that the 110C does have a high K/D ratio during tier 0.

I could be wrong about Axis change of command structure been to blame but this is what has been mentioned a few times as to why the campaign was so short.

I never play axis so if anyone wants to fill me in on this it would be an interesting read.

As for a walkout I can not see this happening people play to have fun I know I do even if we are winning or loosing. Still there is a patch coming soon this may balance out tier 0. But then again I have seen axis dominate the air in tier 0.

• WDYWTKWDYWTK Member Posts: 130

I seem to recall the Axis winning a campaign even quicker.

• TontomanTontoman Member Posts: 196

When I was playing the bombing RDP to 0% was the famous walkout.  No problem with Axis winning 5-10 maps in a row for years (even with taking the first month of a map off), but allies winning two back to back after a lot of effort bombing RDP to 0% had the next map being won in days as no Axis logged in.  Then the big RDP change came in.

T.

• SlamenSlamen Member Posts: 218
    Originally posted by Hodo

The axis are planning a walkout...
     A large percentage of the AXIS best and largest squads are perticipating in the walkout.    The demands are simple.

Is this true or do you wish it to be true? 

If true, can you list the largest axis squads that are not playing this campaign because of the bf110's inability to handle the hurricane/hawk.

• rendusrendus Member UncommonPosts: 329
    Originally posted by Trueth

What ever happened to Schilling as the community manager? I really disliked that guy.

He was the CO in a squad I was in before he was recruited for the community manager gig.

Was it HJ or 1st ToT or Windhund?  I don't remember....been tooo many years.  Was a really nice guy then and loved the game and community.

• chansschanss Member Posts: 26

Smart move of CRS to give the Allieds even more heavy armor in tier0. Just what the game needed, to give more fun for all.

• AuxerAuxer Member Posts: 115

what is a walkout?

The tank that is born to tank!

• decadredecadre Member Posts: 88
    Originally posted by topd

... DOC has a fine sense of relality.  I know him and speak to him weekly in person and via e-mail.  It's not DOC's game.  That shows how little you know about Playnet.  It's Playnet's game - coders, artists, subscribers, community support, server support, and senior management. 
    Donavon "topd" Dilling
    Community Manager
    Playnet, Inc
    [email protected]

Have to LOL on that one. Perhaps it's not the case now, but I think that most old time players and former players will argue that it was certainly the case back in the day that it was (and/or is) DOC's game.

I've seen more than my share of facts being proven (or partially proven) that goes against how equipment in game was being represented only to have DOC come in and give a forum smack down. (Reload times on the Axis Flak30 (even had a video of a player loading one in RL detailing that one), decisions on loadouts for the French planes when they came in game, tri-wing 109, rudder issues with twin engine planes, issues with ballistic trajectories of rounds, etc.)

And at no time during my time playing the game between 02 and 06 did I ever get the feeling that he was expressing a collective opinion from the DEV team. Rather, when he blows his top, it really appears to me at least that he is the one making the "command" decisions. Hence, it's his game.

• ZertyrZertyr Member UncommonPosts: 263

has it changed now or is it still one guy deciding all?

Schililng was in ToT, fyi.

Also, fyi, The Allied side did a walk out (at least a threatened one) back in 2002. It goes both ways..so who cares really.

As an aside, I'd like to resub and try wwiiol again, but I cant. Tech error that nobody could solve on my PC that runs everything from Age of Conan to EVE.

...but not wwiiol.

• CainurkCainurk Member Posts: 65

I'm glad there will be a walkout. I've said it for years - the rats are Allied-hugging morons when it comes to patch day. There is absolutely no reason whatsoever for the Allies to get better equipment at Tier 0 when they are supposed to get STEAMROLLED that early.

As the Tiers go by, the Allies are supposed to be able to make more and more of a stand, then counterattacking. If the Rats keep fucking up like this, the game will die. I'll be there to say "I told you so".

I still remember screaming about 88s doing jack shit to allied heavies in Tier 2 from the front, and fanboi homosexuals saying I was just whining. No, its called, "The Rats gave up a good historical MMO in favor of arcadey horseshit to get more subs."

Roma Victor tried that shit, and the game is dead now. You have to stick to your guns if you are making a realistic game. The sooner the Rats go back to that principle, the sooner the game will pick back up.

Been out of town.

As far as I know the walkout is still on.   But like all online community planned things, you never can count on anything. 

Originally posted by Cainurk

I'm glad there will be a walkout. I've said it for years - the rats are Allied-hugging morons when it comes to patch day. There is absolutely no reason whatsoever for the Allies to get better equipment at Tier 0 when they are supposed to get STEAMROLLED that early.
     As the Tiers go by, the Allies are supposed to be able to make more and more of a stand, then counterattacking. If the Rats keep fucking up like this, the game will die. I'll be there to say "I told you so".
     I still remember screaming about 88s doing jack shit to allied heavies in Tier 2 from the front, and fanboi homosexuals saying I was just whining. No, its called, "The Rats gave up a good historical MMO in favor of arcadey horseshit to get more subs."
     Roma Victor tried that shit, and the game is dead now. You have to stick to your guns if you are making a realistic game. The sooner the Rats go back to that principle, the sooner the game will pick back up.

No offence, but that is a janky point of view.

If you want a MMO that exactly recreates history, what is the point? We already know how it turned out.

The objective of wwiiol, as I see it, is to create a WWII setting with realistic weapons, a viable time-line for new weapons (that accounts for gameplay balance and achievable challenges) and let the players and their respective high commands duke it out.

If want to scream - "That isnt what really happened in 1940" then I suggest you rent Band of Brothers and pop some corn.

Oh, and if you want to talk about "the old days" MP40's used to fire backwards. That was a total Allied bias also. 

Maybe the game has changed, I don;t know for sure - Since I cant even log in. But I do know back 2001-2003 when I did play (Axis Only) The Rats had a pretty firm commitment to non-arcady BS and did a pretty good job juggling balance with realism. 

• CainurkCainurk Member Posts: 65
    Originally posted by Trueth

Originally posted by Cainurk

No offence, but that is a janky point of view.

If you want a MMO that exactly recreates history, what is the point? We already know how it turned out.

The objective of wwiiol, as I see it, is to create a WWII setting with realistic weapons, a viable time-line for new weapons (that accounts for gameplay balance and achievable challenges) and let the players and their respective high commands duke it out.

If want to scream - "That isnt what really happened in 1940" then I suggest you rent Band of Brothers and pop some corn.

Oh, and if you want to talk about "the old days" MP40's used to fire backwards. That was a total Allied bias also. 

Maybe the game has changed, I don;t know for sure - Since I cant even log in. But I do know back 2001-2003 when I did play (Axis Only) The Rats had a pretty firm commitment to non-arcady BS and did a pretty good job juggling balance with realism. 

Band of Brothers is a propaganda series where German soldiers are faceless mooks who die en masse, and a few Americans bite it in a dramatic fashion. That having been said, its a good show.

I never wanted historical OUTCOME accuracy. Just historical equipment accuracy. We should get what we should get, and it should function how it should function. Balance is for video games, not simulations. As it stands, the weapons are NOT realistic. "Balance" is just an excuse.

I dont want Axis to win constantly. I would like to get beaten every so often in a good battle that takes a conceivable amount of time. Nerfing Axis or buffing Allies to the point where the game is grossly inaccurate defeats the entire selling point, spirit, and point of the game.

Every campaign, the Allies get a little more equipment, a little faster, and push a little harder as a result. I'm taking into account the fact that a lot of skilled Axis players jumped ship, but really now. Its silly. I vented HARD when I made that last post, but what I'm trying to say is that in the past two years, the game has taken a downward turn.

Give us Bazookas (and their counterpart), tanks appropriate for the Tier system and not for balance, and authentic ATGs, and it'll be a better game. Let us have (both sides, mind you) a freakin' navy that we can all be proud of, and the game will improve.

Oh, and the graphics update that is planned for Fall of 2039 wont hurt the sub base either :).

I don't know. You probably rolled them too many times once too often.

It's no secret the GHC outclassed the AHC hands down in every aspect several years back. If I recall correctly we had to lend them a retired CinC and his staff to help the AHC restructure and get organized. It might of been Meggadeath. But whatever.

If the game has gone arcade as you say, that sucks. I'm hoping unity II or whatever it is will make the game playable.

Best of luck till then.

Tactics - Armee Grp B - 14th MOT - KG3