Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

why lineage 2 is the best game

2»

Comments

• LordChaos2LordChaos2 Member Posts: 53

Compared to what?, compared to get a legendary tamer in UO?, lol, talk about much worse grind.

Your numbers are way off, a typical white mob at that level will yield about 0.05-0.10%, its hard to level and its supposed to...man if everyone just hit level 60 in the 6 month, then it would be ultraboring.

A week on medium grind is poor, you should learn to team and join clans. I grind about average, spending most of my time socializing and having fun in the game...and yet, like I said, I have several highlevel characters.

I think you were hit by the difficoulty of getting good gear in the beginning and lack of strategy and tools which helps the grind immensely by optimizing your gains.

• defcon528defcon528 Member Posts: 15

i got a level 33 plains walker it get really boring the grind does after a while good game for botters and twinkers tho::::28::::::12::

• LellLell Member Posts: 45

I recently gave up after playing since CB.

Here's what the problem is in regard to population figures:

Chinese Adena Farmers: 33%

Purchasers of Adena: 33%

Honest Players: 34% and dropping fast.

Face it, this game reached it's peak in Open Beta, and the numbers have been dropping fast ever since. Expect them in the next few months to drop the number of servers to 5 or less.

Visit any starter town, and look around. Most of what you'll see are twinked alt's, or new farmer characters. You won't see many new accounts.

There are many new players joining the game, we help them alot so we know they are there. It seems less because the newbie areas are large (so they're spread out), its 5 newbie cities they're spread out over and 8 servers.

Lineage 2 is propably never going to be an uberpopular game, hype and ease is a major thing for many so thats what they go for. But thats ok, we will do well without overflowing servers.

• EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384

Originally posted by LordChaos2

Compared to what?,

compared to over a half a dozen mmorpgs I have played

Anarchy Online, Asehrons Call 1&2, City of Heroes, DaoC, EVE, EQ, FFXI, Neocron, PS, Shadowbane, SWG, WW2 Online, WoW Beta  <--- The mmorpgs I have played.

Lineage ][ is the most grinding intense game Ive played ever. And yes it is 0.0043 some % per kill lol. If it was o.05 % that would be much more managable. 0.o5% per kill means only 200 kills and you ding..its certainly wasn't that fast.  I remember killing much more than that in the 40's levels.

I'm not saying because its hard core grinding it sucks. Im saying the reason why I have stopped playing it is because I just don't like it...and that's just me.

Originally posted by WizGamer
    Now hear me out, its just an opinion, I don't want yours. .

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

• miconamicona Member UncommonPosts: 677
    exploiters games image

That makes it 2000 kills per level...not overly hard. Many other MMORPGs have very tiresome and longtime training to prevent people from being max level in a month.

• OudoksujaOudoksuja Member Posts: 106

The grind is insane?...lol, as is leveling everywhere really in any MMORPG I've tried, way back from UO all the way to EQ2.

That always makes me smile. "They've created a mouse wheel for us. And we want to pay for running in it."

Just because it's crap doesn't mean you have to fall into it. Face it, from UO to EQ2, the game companies avoid spending design work hours into producing content, and instead produce pretty mouse wheels for players to run in, until they get bored and find a prettier mouse wheel.

L2 is just the pinacle of that development. The mother of all mouse wheels. It's an anime mouse wheel, and its boobs bounce when you run it, but it's still a mouse wheel. L2 is a cashcow, that exploits the fact that all MMORPGers think that it's the best they can get with their cash.

I'm still waiting for a real MMORPG. While waiting, I'll do my best to avoid MMOGrinds, and play EVE Online.

That makes it 2000 kills per level...not overly hard.

not hard at all. But boring and very much "grind" involved

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

Oh you mean the very nice Eve Online where you can't even train them and you have to wait and wait and wait for the skills, and you can't train more than one character at a time?

• ramadinramadin Member Posts: 1,304

Lineage 2 is one of the worst games I have ever played.

Lying in bed, looking up at the stars, a single thought passed through my head. Where the fuc|{ is my roof.

-----------------Censored------------------

• HebrewBombHebrewBomb Member UncommonPosts: 520

Originally posted by ramadin

Lineage 2 is one of the worst games I have ever played.

Lying in bed, looking up at the stars, a single thought passed through my head. Where the fuc|{ is my roof.

ROFL !!!!!!!

Between Lineage 2 and Stonehenge there is a thing called Time.

This sacred thing (refering to Time of course) that many people make ritual of has a value associated with it. This value requires one's serious pondering since it dictates a lot of things for a given subject and imposes certain condition on the subject it tries to relate to.

The pyramid dwellers always has premium choice overhead over others since they do have all the Time they need, plus they don't deny the fact that they are pyramid dwellers and they don't need to be confirmed by others that they do have a choice.

However between Lineage 2 and MUD, "Heads count" is what gives the mark of approval.

The rule of the game is the more you stack up chopped off heads, the more you have incentive to go after the other heads.

The sum of chopped off heads in L2 is larger than the sum of all lousy, vocal heads in other hyped massively multiplayer doll slaughtering houses.

There are always two competing entities: one in belief of a condition, one in denial of such condition.

Lineage 2 is a simulation that comes with a condition. Whether you are in denial or belief of such condition is beyond my concern. But get this right. Nobody is denying you a choice.

Heil Lineage 2 imageimageimage

Oh you mean the very nice Eve Online where you can't even train them and you have to wait and wait and wait for the skills, and you can't train more than one character at a time?

*pat pat*

EVE is one of the few to break the old MMORPG rules, such as the rules of "To do something fun, you first have to level up for weeks", and "To get to all the content I'm paying for, I have to choose between the game and my SO."

Think about it. No more leveling. No more XP. No more killing npc-dummies to justify going ahead with your character. XP was fun in the 70s with D&D. That you now play for just killing the same monsters, over and over again, is just a lil bit sad.

"WOW! Do you mean that your character isn't measured in how much XP grinding you've put up with?"

Hell yes. Also, most mmorpgs like Lineage2 call it "teamwork" when you have a tank, healer, damage dealers and some other guys doing some other stuff in the team. "Get agg, bang on the head, heal the tank. Next monster." Ad infinitum.

These same old features are repeated in right about every MMORPG currently running, with little variations. If you break them down, and look at what you're paying for, you might feel a bit silly. Or of course, decide that this is just your thing and continue full knowing that you're paying for what you like while you still would have options.

Originally posted by Oudoksuja

*pat pat*

EVE is one of the few to break the old MMORPG rules, such as the rules of "To do something fun, you first have to level up for weeks", and "To get to all the content I'm paying for, I have to choose between the game and my SO."

Think about it. No more leveling. No more XP. No more killing npc-dummies to justify going ahead with your character. XP was fun in the 70s with D&D. That you now play for just killing the same monsters, over and over again, is just a lil bit sad.

That's exactly why EVE has never experienced a decline of members since June 2003. They're numbers have been rising.

That's why people love EVE...its not the insanse grind fest that so many mmorpgs think must be implemented to make it any good.

No, thats because its:

1. The only viable massive space MMORPG out there atm.

2. A steady influx of Earth and Beyond players.

If you wanna believe that image

• HirataHirata Member Posts: 57
    Aye I played L2 from beta to C1 nothign to do except hack and slash mobs the quests are boring and the pvp is too harsh and for castle sieges it takes 1-2 weeks of lvlign back upt o get back allt he lvls lost. It is also way unbalanced I went back to Eve and DAoC until WoW Wish and EQ2 come out

You didn't really play the game that much did you?, if you had you would know that the xp loss during a siege is so insignificant that you litereally have to die many hundred times over to lose what you describe, a few do that, but most don't unless they mindlessly zerg.

But wow, you have to risk something to get a castle...we can't have that! thats horrible!

LOL, great irony to mention EVE, L2 and EQ2 together, since those games are polar opposite of eachother.

LOL, great irony to mention EVE, L2 and EQ2 together, since those games are polar opposite of eachother.

Exactly. L2 and EQ2 are both made of the same wood. Yes, they smell a bit different and look a bit different, but looking at the core mechanics and concepts, they're the same game. Same for AO, UO, WoW..

By mentioning EVE in the same sentence as those games I attempt to point out that:

1) EQ/UO/AO/L2 types of games are not the only possible format for a successful MMORPG
    2) There are not only different, but also notably better games out there
    3) You don't have to play Lineage 2 just because you think there's nothing better
    4) If you like boobs, buy a Hustler
    5) If you like quality MMORPGs, don't play Lineage 2

EQ2 and L2 are nothing alike, especially on the core concept of player responsibility and PvP.

Eve does not offer that much difference, other than more player interaction, gamedriven politics and another way of "leveling", which I btw, don't like too much.

1) No, there are other types out there, but mostly niche games.

2) A matter of opinion.

3) I am playing L2 because its great fun, a good challenge and provide some decently balanced playercontrol.

4) Nah, I can save the money on Hustler and play L2, then I get interactive Hustler :D

5) Again, a matter of opinion.

• Roland_AsephRoland_Aseph Member UncommonPosts: 137

A better title for this thread would of been "Why L2 is my Favorite mmog" ....I'm truly tired of the my game is better than your game mentality!
    1. Everyone has different taste/opinions and so on. Why don't more players post what they actually like about a game instead of tearing down the things they don't. When I don't like a game I've listed what didn't work for me and that's that. Many times those same issues though are what another player likes best about the game...and thus tries to start a flame war with me. In the end it's easier to just say the game wasn't for me and move on and try something new.
    I currently still play L2 btw...played for a few hours yesterday. Trying to get to lvl 28 and get some new skills/spells At 26 ½ atm...image

I believe that a lot of the time people have problems with games because of one word "Expectation"
    Based on whatever they've read or seen...they/we have a mind set already in place before we buy a game. And many times what the game actually is designed/created to be winds us different that what we expect...and then we fault the game, for not meeting or living up to our expectations. IMO (I see the same thing ALL the time with movies)

To me L2 is basically a Diablo 2 game with beautiful 3D graphics and open pvp and a much longer lvl grind. It's a hack and slash game if there ever was one! Some people like that aspect PvM and others don't. image

I like it because of my time schedule...It doesn't matter if I have 10min or 2 hours to play, I can jump in and kill some mobs and not have to worry about looking for a party or trying to remember where I was in that last mission/quest. That's one reason I still play. It works for me. I like it for what is does well (imo)

There are issues I wish were a bit different...BUT I know going in and paying 14.99 a month the issues are there. It's my choice to take that chance with whatever problem I might have. And for me, my problems are minor so I look at what I like about the game.
    If you don't like a game...ESPECIALLY one you have to pay a monthly fee on...WHY are you still playing??? image

That's a question I wish I could ask a lot of people I see post or shout in the game. There're obviously very unhappy and NEED to move on for their own good and everyone else's! ><
    Well...that's my thought for the day I guess. If you don't like it...don't play it. But don't criticize others for feeling different than you do! image

And try NOT to have set in stone expectations about a game. Take it for what it is and look for what it does well. Hopefully that's enough to make you want to play...If not "again" move on!
    I have both EQ2 and WoW on preorder. I played the stress test of wow and liked what I saw. It has a world I want to explore and lvl in. I purchased EQ2 for one reason...quests/content. I hope that it will have a large amount of both. I have my other games to satisfy my H&S desire!
    So I'll wait and see how they all play out. And go from there.
    So instead of saying "insert game" is BEST or better than yours. Why not simply say "I like this game better because..."

I think many would be amazed at the different reactions they'd get back...who knows, maybe some actual communication might take place image

Best Regards 2 ALL,

RA

"It'll be dark soon."
    "Aye...that it will."