Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Private Message Bug

dsorrentdsorrent Member CommonPosts: 1,627

Well, it looks like you have a bug in your Private Message System.  My Inbox currently shows "-1" new messages.  Here's what I did which you might be able to reproduce it with:

I noticed I had 1 new message, so I went to the private messaging area and I had 2 old messages and one new one.  Not thinking, I clicked on one of the old messages, realized it was an old message, clicked the BACK button on my browser and then clicked on the new message.  I'm -guessing- it subtracted one from the new message count when I clicked on the old message and updated the database.  Then when I clicked back and clicked the new message, I guess it checks the message count from the form submission, saw it was "1" (because I clicked BACK and loaded the old page) and subtracted 1 from the database again.

Just my guess, either way, I now have -1 new messages.   :)

Comments

• ParaTrooperParaTrooper Member Posts: 1,961
    We used to have this bug, thought it was fixed though and I haven't seen it in ages. I'll make sure Craig sees this. Thanks for reporting the bug image

-----------------------------------------
    ParaTrooper, Staff @ MMORPG.com
    [email protected]

*Notice: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author... got sick of holding backspace.
    -----------------------------------------
    ParaTrooper, That guy that used to mod the MMORPG.com forums.