Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Shadowbane is the best game out!

TooL-D-TooL-D- Member CommonPosts: 126
Here are the reasons why:

1. No restrictions. You can have player justice anytime, anywhere.

2. You can burn your enemy to the ground.

3. Most indepth lore I have EVER seen. Go look at the lore forums. Meridian__WP does a GREAT job with the games lore, and he listens to the players as well. Example of some of the lore:
http://ubbforums.ubi.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=sb_lore&Number=1213050&page=3&view=collapsed&sb=5&a mp;a

4. Fast leveling, if your part of a nation or guild. The game is built around groups of people, if you find a group, you level faster than ANY game out there.

5. INDEPTH Politics, that you can totally ignore if wanted, or dive into.. all player made

This is a game of thornes. Quote from Ashen's sig:

"When you play the game of thrones, you win or you die. There is no middle ground." - Cersei Lannister, A Game of Thrones

All games have problems. Most of shadowbanes problems have been solved. The developers continue to tweak the code, the lore, and add expansions to it. Shadowbane is not dead, but is growing.

http://www.throneofoblivion.com/

Comments

• sexyape06sexyape06 Member Posts: 35

I totally agree with you on shadowbane, it is a great game the only thing that people have on it to bash is the grafix and some bugs which have been fixed with the power patch. I have been playin ince 02 and i have had no complaints yet, only that they need to update there 3d engine, that is all of my flamer comments about the game. I love the economy and society and politic features in this game. This is the first game I have seen where there are no guidlines on how to play the game, you can play any way that you please.In this I mean there are no quest. This is a big plus in my book!!!!!!!

SHADOWBANE WILL RISE NOT FALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P4 2.6 Ghz 800 Mhz FSB 512K L2 cache
    PC 2700 Dual Channel DDR 512MB
    120 Gig 7200 rpm 8mb cache Western
    Apollo Nvidia Geforce FX 5200 256MB

• JollodasamJollodasam Member Posts: 2
    I really like the sound of shadowbane but it doesn't work on my p.c even though my p.c is really new!

LLoyd DAVIDS

LLoyd DAVIDS

• Stravus-EBStravus-EB Member Posts: 79

Originally posted by sexyape06

I totally agree with you on shadowbane, it is a great game the only thing that people have on it to bash is the grafix and some bugs which have been fixed with the power patch. I have been playin ince 02 and i have had no complaints yet, only that they need to update there 3d engine, that is all of my flamer comments about the game. I love the economy and society and politic features in this game. This is the first game I have seen where there are no guidlines on how to play the game, you can play any way that you please.In this I mean there are no quest. This is a big plus in my book!!!!!!!
    SHADOWBANE WILL RISE NOT FALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A new graphics engine would be nice, but I am afraid if they did that all the nice pretty graphics woudl cause incredible amounts of lag. So for now I am satisfied with the graphics.

To the person that says SB will not work on their machine that is really weird. I have heard of a few problems but not that many.

• IrishCarpIrishCarp Member Posts: 12
    SB is a great game, I left when all the lag issues cuased alot of ppl to leave.  I've been playing L2 lately which would be great if the grind wasn't so bad, but recently discovering that SB is still alive and well I think I'll be coming back.

L2-
    Immaculate- DE assassin
    Sabac- De Oracle

SB(retired for now)
    Immaculate Confession- probably a fessor huh?
    FondleMy HorseNuts- Cent Prelate
    Carp TheUnseen- Ireiki Mage Assassin
    IrishCarp-HG Warrior
    Sabac Red- Mino Warrior
    Q-Unique-Human Channy

L2-
    Immaculate- DE assassin
    Sabac- De Oracle

SB(retired for now)
    Immaculate Confession- probably a fessor huh?
    FondleMy HorseNuts- Cent Prelate
    Carp TheUnseen- Ireiki Mage Assassin
    IrishCarp-HG Warrior
    Sabac Red- Mino Warrior
    Q-Unique-Human Channy

• StargateStargate Member Posts: 2
    I have heard that the new expansion pack "Throne Of Oblivion" will update Shadowbane in the way that some gfx codes that used CPU in the past will now start using the GFXcard. I dont know if this is true or not so if anyone can confirm this please tell.

• Stravus-EBStravus-EB Member Posts: 79

At one point the orginal devs had the cpu processing everything but that was changed around 5 or 6 patches ago. Now the vid card does its share of the work too.