Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

breathing new life into a long time gamer

2»

Comments

• lordlapselordlapse Member Posts: 231
    Originally posted by Sourajit

Atlantica Online community, should be far more better than this if at all serious gamers are going to make a peek into this game.

Well I think the number of serious gamers (Online) are starting to decrease due to the infestation of the grind-till-you-die games. I think that most of them are still playing games other than MMO's. With MMO gaming especially F2P games stained with such a reputation, I think these gamers that you speak of may have given up on these games.

Still I agree with your point that Atlantica would be better place if more hardcore gamers are going to participate in it.

• dl1984dl1984 Member Posts: 4

I am not so sure that you can call it decreasing in the way of the quality of player simply because, it is the same as i believe with closed beta. I do admit that there are a few people that as we can say, new to the game but for sure, we all started the same as the are right now. We should be mature enought to think like this and we shouldn't look down at anyone just because they act like thy know a lot simply by sharing what they know.

We can at least try to reminisce the days when this game has just started and we were like asking away and sharing rumors and all.

This is a nice game and a few new people jumbled with old player i believe shouldn't even be a reason to say that the community is not fun anymore.

I don't know. I am just saying out loud what i see in most MMOs. Even in World of Warcraft we can see new players spamming and trying to be know it all in game but this doesn't stop people from enjoying.

Anyways, it is sad that a few of the players form CB feels this way but hey, we all have our own reason for things. We are entitled for others to respect it.

• SourajitSourajit Member UncommonPosts: 472
    Originally posted by bam555

I agree witht he op, though i dont know that the guy in the post above me is talking about, I played in all the closed betas, and during the OB i joined the same guild as them and have been continuing, I haven't been in the noobie areas since the day OB came out so maybe ur just talking about the chat there. but the chat in lvl 50+ areas is just as it always has been, and my guild is just how it always has been, if anything the game is better now knowing that our characters wont be wiped and we can now get to 100 and get spartans lol.

Yep! level 50 area is a better place it seems atleast in chat but, the population is not much. I am currently doing a lot of crafting as it is no point really to go solo tough things and get frustrated at the very end. Looking forward to more high level players or else will just play as a crafter and farm mats and not level.

Lastly, i want to add that making more servers without  the player transfer option is kind of weird. It would have been better if servers would have been level dependent for example 2 servers for level 1-40 and a server for 40 and above with player transfer option that allows high level players to go to low level servers and not low level players to come to high level server the game would have kept its player base concentrated and vibrant.

Cheers
    Sourajit Nandi

" Don't listen to anyone who tells you that you can't play this or that. That's nonsense. Make up your mind,and you'll never whine or repent about gaming hours anymore, then have a go at every Game. Open up the Internet, join in all the Mmorpgs you can. Go make the Guild. But never, never let them persuade you that things are too difficult or impossible. "

Once An Addict Always An Addict .

• SourajitSourajit Member UncommonPosts: 472
    Originally posted by dl1984

I am not so sure that you can call it decreasing in the way of the quality of player simply because, it is the same as i believe with closed beta. I do admit that there are a few people that as we can say, new to the game but for sure, we all started the same as the are right now. We should be mature enought to think like this and we shouldn't look down at anyone just because they act like thy know a lot simply by sharing what they know.
    We can at least try to reminisce the days when this game has just started and we were like asking away and sharing rumors and all.
    This is a nice game and a few new people jumbled with old player i believe shouldn't even be a reason to say that the community is not fun anymore.
    I don't know. I am just saying out loud what i see in most MMOs. Even in World of Warcraft we can see new players spamming and trying to be know it all in game but this doesn't stop people from enjoying.
    Anyways, it is sad that a few of the players form CB feels this way but hey, we all have our own reason for things. We are entitled for others to respect it.

Asking a question is never a problem.

The problem is when people ask and you get philosophical or derogatory remarks back. That is the shocking thing about a gaming community. As far as I have played games, I have seen p2p games are really not in to this weird chat process anytime. I do not mind if Atlantica launches as a p2p game as I am convinced it has all the potentials to become one.

I am not looking down upon anyone. I am just stating facts. I myself am running a guild on Mycaene server and am happy to have lot of support from people who joined the guild and know much more than me about the game.

But I also have a few guild mates who are like playing 2 toons, 1 toon always in auto follow. This is like weird. If it would have been a paid game then this would have not happened. It is an outright cheating I think. I tried to make a few officers in my guild but most players are not interested. I think they are busy in something I do not understand. They may be not really interested in taking responsibilities. Some special advantages should be given to officers in the guild or no one might wanna be one.

In a way I would say new players are better. They are trying to learn and in this way, you get to learn also. It is always the old and the know everything who spoil the community of p2p games.

I am seeing three things in this game thats something to be really noticed.

1. Most high level players know more than I do at the same level or so.

2. I sense most guilds are not player made but made by support teams and as such the        player made guilds are kinda random guilds.

3. Lack of serious hardcore players.

If we would have had some serious all time online players then this Atlantica Online can be chewed down in no time. But not many are leveling and I have also stopped as no point leveling and going lonely. In CB the bran castle was filled with materials farmers or questers but now I do not see many in shadow 4f or so. Finding a party for quests is becoming weird.

Monster information passing was previously a chain passing in CB but in OB it is like hardly available or you need to ask a lot. The community Artisan column is not as fuctional as it was in CB and thus it is long gaming hours with 30% or above chatting hours and hence I feel that OB is not rocking while the CB did.

I would have been happy, if it would have released as a paid game and the community was with more serious hardcore players but alas with so many games around and so many kinds of likings I think, we need to give a longer time to this game to try and get population.

The game is really addictive and it just needs hardcore players.

Lastly, i want to add that making more servers without the player transfer option is kind of weird. It would have been better if servers would have been level dependent for example 2 servers for level 1-40 and a server for 40 and above with player transfer option that allows high level players to go to low level servers and not low level players to come to high level server the game would have kept its player base concentrated and vibrant.

Cheers
    Sourajit Nandi

" Don't listen to anyone who tells you that you can't play this or that. That's nonsense. Make up your mind,and you'll never whine or repent about gaming hours anymore, then have a go at every Game. Open up the Internet, join in all the Mmorpgs you can. Go make the Guild. But never, never let them persuade you that things are too difficult or impossible. "

Once An Addict Always An Addict .