Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Some forums moderator is killed by a member over a dispute

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2008/...6/games.ukcrime

A member of the guy's forum got upset, and travelled from Germany all the way to the UK to kill him. People need to understand the internet isn't such serious business that you need to cause physical harm to people.

Comments

• olddaddyolddaddy Member Posts: 3,356

This coming from a guy who'se forum name is Killa......

• KurushKurush Member Posts: 1,303
    Originally posted by olddaddy

This coming from a guy who'se forum name is Killa......

Better watch out, dude.  He's gonna come gunning for you now.

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751

He must have been a soccer fan........

• YuramikoYuramiko Member Posts: 176
    Originally posted by Killa154

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2008/...6/games.ukcrime
    A member of the guy's forum got upset, and travelled from Germany all the way to the UK to kill him. People need to understand the internet isn't such serious business that you need to cause physical harm to people.

For real? Why will you kill someone over a forum? I do hope that I won't encounter such event on any forums.

• GazenthiaGazenthia Member Posts: 1,186
    Originally posted by Yuramiko

For real? Why will you kill someone over a forum? I do hope that I won't encounter such event on any forums.

We have no idea what was said or done. I have seen some crazy stuff take place on forums, I'm amazed that it doesn't happen more often. It probably does, just isn't reported.

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2006/12/13/

• mmofan1mmofan1 Member Posts: 5

i saw this on the news, just crazy, noone should be killed for doing their job, especially something like a forum moderator ffs

Yeah your right about it. But I'm hoping that this stuff are just rumors around. But we can't really tell if this stuffs do really happen or what. But the best thing for now is that we are must be more careful than usual. We might not now that it might happen to us.

@TS

Anyway, thanks for advising us to take care of ourselves specially over the net..it's like not that safe anymore to trust someone whom you just met over a forum, chatroom and even in games.

• Rikimaru_XRikimaru_X Member UncommonPosts: 11,718

That's some serious business right there. That guy might be a ninja.

-In memory of Laura "Taera" Genender. Passed away on Aug/13/08-
    |
    RISING DRAGOON ~AION US ONLINE LEGION for Elyos

Originally posted by Rikimaru_X

That's some serious business right there. That guy might be a ninja.

I'm thinking of that the person got hurt bigtime? Emotionally and Pschologically speaking. But if ever that it might happen to me, I'll try my best to keep it cool and help my self to regain my strengths.

• Rikimaru_XRikimaru_X Member UncommonPosts: 11,718

But honely, why did the mod (somehow) gave up his whole address...or the guy might have did some cross checking using the internet.

-In memory of Laura "Taera" Genender. Passed away on Aug/13/08-
    |
    RISING DRAGOON ~AION US ONLINE LEGION for Elyos

• GazenthiaGazenthia Member Posts: 1,186
    Originally posted by Rikimaru_X

But honely, why did the mod (somehow) gave up his whole address...or the guy might have did some cross checking using the internet.

This is why I say that people who give out their private information on non-essential websites are putting themselves in danger. This is how people get killed, scammed, kidnapped, stalked, you name it. Since he was a mod I am willing to bet that he put up his biography.

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2006/12/13/