Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New trade limits and more

friidrickfriidrick Member Posts: 33

From today we have doubled (in some cases tripled) the flexibility of the player trade system. All players will notice an increase in the amount they can trade with other players.

This means accounts with fewer than 10 quest points will be able to earn or lose up to 5,000 coins in wealth every 15 minutes from trading, free players will be able to earn a maximum of 10,000 coins every 15 minutes by completing the free quests and members will have access to a maximum of 60,000 coins per 15 minutes if they have 270 quest points. Your trade margin will increase with each quest point after 10 - for example, at 100 quest points you'll have a margin of 24,038 coins, and at 200 quest points you'll have a margin of 45,192 coins.

This was added to the game because we wanted to offer our players more flexibility when trading or helping friends out, without increasing the threat of real-world trading.

Mod Mark

Lead Designer - RuneScape

Note: Currently there are only 269 quest points available in the game, so no player will be able to reach the 60,000 coin margin until our next quest update, scheduled for a few weeks' time. The trade margin does scale up to that, though, so players a few quest points short of 270 will have a trade margin only slightly below it.

In other news...

We'd like to remind players that dangerous Clan Wars matches (including the dangerous free-for-all arena) now allow you to pick up some of your opponents' items to replenish your supplies - food, potions, runes and other ammunition - and that there are now NO gravestones in these arenas. This means that you will be unable to recover any items you drop, so only take items you don't mind risking.

Playing: WoW, Eve online, guild wars

Played: Everquest, runescape, archlord,lineage, lotro

Waiting for: Aion

Comments

• donuts185donuts185 Member Posts: 35

I THINK THATS JUST PLAIN REDICOLOUS. ITS LIKE THEY WENT TO THE TROUBLE OF GETTING RID OF RWT THEN THERE TRYING TO  BRINGIN IT BACK. BUT NOW U NEED TO DO ALL DOES SILLY QUEST. MAKE UP UR MIND JAGEX. DO YOU WANT RWT OR NOT?

• Matt269Matt269 Member Posts: 124

Yeah I don't understand them either. It makes no sense. I suppose they are slowly trying to get players back to playing their game and hoping to RWTers won't realize that they raised the trade limits.

• BlisseyBlissey Member Posts: 515

They have very poor predictions, low reliability and shit service. But still it was a legacy. It once had good predictions, good reliability and good service. Times have changed so has the game itself. It is 2008 now almost 2009, and the game that was once my treasure is now my disgust.

What Jagex doesn't care about is that "time is a factor". They don't know how to maneuver with time as a factor. From these updates I can say that they are slowly trying to impress a trial and error type of system. They  are making Runescape feel like an "prototype" instead of a "final product".

• SimiswimmSimiswimm Member Posts: 127

Lol, 60k really ups the limit to the millions I used to throw around when I merchanted. (Which actually you can't get even if you do every single quest in runescape at the moment.)

/me thinks this is retarded.

• donuts185donuts185 Member Posts: 35
    Originally posted by Blissey

They have very poor predictions, low reliability and shit service. But still it was a legacy. It once had good predictions, good reliability and good service. Times have changed so has the game itself. It is 2008 now almost 2009, and the game that was once my treasure is now my disgust.

What Jagex doesn't care about is that "time is a factor". They don't know how to maneuver with time as a factor. From these updates I can say that they are slowly trying to impress a trial and error type of system. They  are making Runescape feel like an "prototype" instead of a "final product".

its not that they dont care about the time is a factor. they actualy know it is. the thing is that there tired of getting complains so they tried to some how please the people while also trying to maintain their stat of beinga game without any  any rwt, bots, and etc.

• SimiswimmSimiswimm Member Posts: 127
    Originally posted by donuts185

Interesting Stuff

its not that they dont care about the time is a factor. they actualy know it is. the thing is that there tired of getting complains so they tried to some how please the people while also trying to maintain their stat of beinga game without any  any rwt, bots, and etc.

Well, no online game can be totally ridded of bots, and Jagex still hasn't even dented the number of bots. Now, instead of level 3 bots, you see level 50-138 bots, which are much harder to discern as bots or not.  They never were a game without RWT, and never will be. They were tired of complaints, so they decided to mute those complaints instead of  listening to them. Not very smart.

• Palo_godPalo_god Member UncommonPosts: 171

You do know that they didn’t care about real world trading as much as they claimed, right? They could have easily solved the rwt problem outside of game. They could have added an email verification to make an account among other things, but they chose the most destructive path to the game, and the reason for that is because the majority of their players had become stupid little kids and they wanted to make the game centered around them.

The kids were tired of dieing and getting scammed and putting in hard work to level skills, so jagex took all the risk out of the game and added a trade limit so they couldn’t get scammed, removed the full loot style wildy so noobs couldn’t wander in and then die(that’s why they still have the wildy ditch so they don’t wander in and the revenants kill them), made it so you could only bet your trade limit in the duel arena so the noobs wouldn’t cry and then quit after they gambled all of their money away. They added grave stones so the noobs wouldn’t lose their items if they died, they made the chat filter so strict that you couldn’t even say the alphabet without getting a part of it blocked  just so the kids couldn’t see any foul language(look how that turned out lol), and then they started nerfing the skills.

When they nerfed prayer with ecto it made me mad, I spent over 400m getting 99 prayer back in the day but they did it to cater to the noobs and then they added pc to nerf all the combat skills so the noobs could power level with little to no effort in a fraction of the time it used to take to level those same fighting skills. Then they decided to nerf prayer even more with house alters and now you can get 1 to 99 prayer in less then a week if you have the money, and they are still going to nerf ruinedscape even more to cater to the kids and now the kids parents since they are adding an account managing system for the parents so they can control how much their kids play, what worlds they can play on, who’s on their friends list, and even if they can talk in game or not. So it was never about rwt, it was always about appeasing the kids, that’s why the game is failing and that’s why jagex is going to dumb it for mechscape in a few years(if not sooner) and then make another failed game(mechscape).

IF you look deeper, you'll see that the system they used to get rid of bots basically defies "time is a factor". SO, regardless of the amount of people, it gets worse as time passes.

Originally posted by Simiswimm

Interesting Stuff

Well, no online game can be totally ridded of bots, and Jagex still hasn't even dented the number of bots. Now, instead of level 3 bots, you see level 50-138 bots, which are much harder to discern as bots or not.  They never were a game without RWT, and never will be. They were tired of complaints, so they decided to mute those complaints instead of  listening to them. Not very smart.

Now these are very good words. I like how you said "not very smart".