Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do you like runescape?

TussTuss Member Posts: 103

Short, sweet, to the point: Do you like runescape? As you can tell from my posts around here, I am one of the idiots that like runescape.

I lost all my dignity a long time ago.

Comments

• phatpeteyphatpetey Member Posts: 323

I like Runescape, I know a lot of people think it's a kiddie game, but hey that's society, and society s*cks so...

• BlisseyBlissey Member Posts: 515

Things change over time. I used to like it, but now I avoid it. It doesn't satisfy boredom anymore. It's "epic fail".

• yellowstainyellowstain Member Posts: 51

Its not THAT bad, but they just kept adding more and more stuff and kinda made it silly. At least through my view point... but im one of those people who pay to play so i prefer wow or war

Its easy to pee in the toilet, but most of us dont.

Think the way you want. For me, it was big part of my life before...so I really have a inner hatred for the fucking game. It depends on your experience.

• Palo_godPalo_god Member UncommonPosts: 171
    Originally posted by Tuss

Short, sweet, to the point: Do you like runescape? As you can tell from my posts around here, I am one of the idiots that like runescape.

I used to love runescape to be perfectly honest, back in 01 when I started I could play any amount of time and not get bored. Runescape had the potential to be one of the greatest games ever made imo. then one day jagex put their profits in front of their players and it ended up as the pile of worthless kid infested shit it is now.

Your question is if I like Runescape, but what you fail to understand is that its not Runescape anymore.

Originally posted by yellowstain

Its not THAT bad, but they just kept adding more and more stuff and kinda made it silly. At least through my view point... but im one of those people who pay to play so i prefer wow or war

I really loved all of those updates, when I was at school I was always thinking what would be the next update when I got home...And I also loved the "update-timer", everyone got full of excitement. And 5 minutes later everyone is talking about the new update. Aaah good old Runescape days...

Originally posted by phatpetey

I really loved all of those updates, when I was at school I was always thinking what would be the next update when I got home...And I also loved the "update-timer", everyone got full of excitement. And 5 minutes later everyone is talking about the new update. Aaah good old Runescape days...

When I was reading your comment it reminded me of myself back in the day. I cant remember one bad update they had back in the old days but I can remember most of the good ones. I even remember when they added the right click option.

Hehe,

Good old days. I also remember most of the great updates but then they made some mistakes in my opinion. Like the PvP updates, I really miss the Pk'ing with some friends and the Grand Exchange, another one of those  lame updates, no more "becoming rich by merchanting".

One thing I will never forget is the drop parties, the freedom, and the ability to give free stuff. By giving cash to noobs, I made lots of friends. Best friends I must say. Now these noobs that I helped in the past are now greater than me. Too bad Jagex took out Love and Free giving from the game. It really helped me throught the years. Anyways that's it for me. I missed the times when I accidentaly found addy(g) lying on the ground , or when someone got killed by an ankou and died  before entering the portal. Things like these bring happiness in the hearts of people. Now only selfishness , voyeurism and teenager crap is left. Why play a game that's both boring and fail? Play Half-Life 2, it's the exact opposite to me.

I totally agree... The Grand Exchange update really changed the whole daily life in Runescape. I remember the drop parties, always crazy fun, telling people you would drop a dragon chain xD. And then there were the 100's of people that were shouting what they were selling at the varrock bank,... aaah good old days - before the Grand Exchange update- ...

Originally posted by phatpetey

Hehe,

Good old days. I also remember most of the great updates but then they made some mistakes in my opinion. Like the PvP updates, I really miss the Pk'ing with some friends and the Grand Exchange, another one of those  lame updates, no more "becoming rich by merchanting".

Ya, pking updates were never jagex’s strong point even when they first started. I personally believe when they moved the full loot pvp to just the wildy(after they made it) it made the game to safe, the guard and skull system back then really did balance it out since if someone attacked a random player on his way to fally(an example of what happened back then) he would get skulled and then someone ells would attack the pker knowing he would get all of their items, and the guards in varrock were anything but weak compared to today’s guards so not many people pked there since if they tried the guards would attack them and most likely kill them since they couldn’t run or eat until after three rounds.

• friidrickfriidrick Member Posts: 33

I'm one of those idiots too :)

Playing: WoW, Eve online, guild wars

Played: Everquest, runescape, archlord,lineage, lotro

Waiting for: Aion

If you like it so much, tell us what you like about it?

By the way, what music/song describes your feeling about runescape? For me it is "piano in the dark" by john tesh, because it reminds me of all the memories that have passed.....

By the way, deviliscious....how long have you been playing rs?...and What got you to play that game?

• devilisciousdeviliscious Member UncommonPosts: 4,359
    Originally posted by Blissey

By the way, deviliscious....how long have you been playing rs?...and What got you to play that game?

I played since classic, and I started playing it because a friend left it up on my computer after a party one night. I couldn;t sleep so I started playing it because it was there. First thing I did was get pked and I thought that was too funny so I Kept playing. SO basically if it weren't for pk I would have quit the first night I started lol.

Now I know why you really loved pking. Well, that's a nice story. I started playing runescape because I was always left out by my friends. I was left out in everything like...meetings, and games, and even casual talk. They kept talking about this game which of course I did'nt know back then, until this maniac 10 yr old kid who was brother of my friend started talking to me, and yelling me about this medieval game. I remember going home that saturday afternoon, turning on my computer and logging on the the dial-up network. lol..that's how I got started.

And i also remember staying home for chrismas while my parents were gone for a month..just to play runescape. That was december of 2002, and I can clearly remember  this: there were lots of people in Falador Park, and I mean lots of people. 11k people were online that chrismas night. The place was overcrowded, and people were shouting merry chrismas and happy new year.....good memories like that can never be forgotten.

• donuts185donuts185 Member Posts: 35

runescape is the best game ever. everyone bow down to my leet skill. lol jk about the rs is the best game ever. but feer my leat skills.

what's with the leet dude? seriously If I had a gun, and I blow  a hole in your LCD screen, you'll have to bow down to my shooting skills haha..jk

• BonemaneBonemane Member UncommonPosts: 353

Haha I know you lost all your dignity, but to steal an avatar? Lol

I hate how runescape turned out. Too many limitations compared to the old days. I remember getting on awhile ago and people used to ask me how I got to lvl 70 fishing in less than a month cause they've been playing for 3 months and only got to 40. I always said "Cause the runescape 'x' years ago was better and not as time consuming."

I remember when they used to give "Real" quests to free players. Now they only care about members. Then they stopped the holiday drops cause of a bunch of whiny 10 year olds could never get them. That really pissed me off. Now I hear they eliminated the wilderness so people can't pk anymore. They problably did that cause of crybaby idiots too. The wilderness is fun if you give it a chance. I remember having an across server chase by some lvl 100 guy back when I was like lvl 50. Only thing that saved my butt was my ability to cook pizzas in a few seconds lol. That guy was pretty persistent though...still it was hilarious.

Sure it hurt to lose stuff in the wild, but I always tried to get it back. I never started crying and reported the guy that killed me lol. The report button is for 7 year olds that shouldn't be playing in the first place. You died, That's Life. Get over it.

Originally posted by Bonemane

Haha I know you lost all your dignity, but to steal an avatar? Lol

I hate how runescape turned out. Too many limitations compared to the old days. I remember getting on awhile ago and people used to ask me how I got to lvl 70 fishing in less than a month cause they've been playing for 3 months and only got to 40. I always said "Cause the runescape 'x' years ago was better and not as time consuming."

I remember when they used to give "Real" quests to free players. Now they only care about members. Then they stopped the holiday drops cause of a bunch of whiny 10 year olds could never get them. That really pissed me off. Now I hear they eliminated the wilderness so people can't pk anymore. They problably did that cause of crybaby idiots too. The wilderness is fun if you give it a chance. I remember having an across server chase by some lvl 100 guy back when I was like lvl 50. Only thing that saved my butt was my ability to cook pizzas in a few seconds lol. That guy was pretty persistent though...still it was hilarious.

Sure it hurt to lose stuff in the wild, but I always tried to get it back. I never started crying and reported the guy that killed me lol. The report button is for 7 year olds that shouldn't be playing in the first place. You died, That's Life. Get over it.

I like you more then tuss don’t worry.

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751

Ive probably answered this question 20 times but IMO Runescape is easily the worst MMO out there...... The graphics are just awful, the community is a nightmare, and it feels like Im playing a game that was meant for an atari system 25 years ago........To this day I have no idea how they get so many players...... I would play any MMO over this one.

My friend, I would SLEEP over that game. hahah...that game...it's a nightmare.

"Basically, they turned Runescape, a game for babies, into a game for fetuses. Jagex pussied out and decided that real world traders were ruining everything, so they decided to remove player killing entirely, along with gift giving. "

• BonemaneBonemane Member UncommonPosts: 353

People still have drop parties? Or did they take that out too?

Its always fun to be in a room with 100+ people scrambling for random items.

Ahhh the good old days.