Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ok. the performance has improved but its just as ugly.

124»

Comments

• SgtFrogSgtFrog Member Posts: 5,001
    Originally posted by Autodidact82

It's pretty funny your here... giving VG crap about it's animations. When FFXI has some of the worst animations around. Granted it's older and god forbid Sigil should have made better ones for a newer game.
    But the constant crying from people talking bout them is old and annoying now.

its 7 years old. it can be forgiven. and to be honest. ff has better animation imo considering its age

March on! - Lets Invade Pekopon

• Autodidact82Autodidact82 Member Posts: 64
    Originally posted by SgtFrog

It's pretty funny your here... giving VG crap about it's animations. When FFXI has some of the worst animations around. Granted it's older and god forbid Sigil should have made better ones for a newer game.

its 7 years old. it can be forgiven. and to be honest. ff has better animation imo considering its age

I guess what i said flew over your head. I know it's 7 years old. But honestly looking at your Xfire sig. You have enjoyed FFXI quite a bit.

And you can't look past looking at a good game as VG cause of bad animations?? When you have enjoyed a game with just as bad or even worse animations in my book. Regardless of how fricken old it is.

I know expectations are higher for a newer game. But it's pretty silly to come and whine about them. When you already have played some of the worst of the worst, when its come to animations.

I guess what i said flew over your head. I know it's 7 years old. But honestly looking at your Xfire sig. You have enjoyed FFXI quite a bit.

And you can't look past looking at a good game as VG cause of bad animations?? When you have enjoyed a game with just as bad or even worse animations in my book. Regardless of how fricken old it is.

I know expectations are higher for a newer game. But it's pretty silly to come and whine about them. When you already have played some of the worst of the worst, when its come to animations.

becuse of ff11 battle system you dont really notice the bad animation. at all.

also as a long time ff player animation just seemed normal to other ff games.

• OrphesOrphes Member UncommonPosts: 3,039

becuse of ff11 battle system you dont really notice the bad animation. at all.

also as a long time ff player animation just seemed normal to other ff games.

I do think what you ment to say.

You like FF11 som much (which ofcourse is ok) that you dont see details like the animations. Take it from there instead.

I'm so broke. I can't even pay attention.
    "You have the right not to be killed"

• scotczechscotczech Member Posts: 133

sort the damn trees on the hills out, I mean what size are they??? 900 feet high trees? SCALE EM!

• SaggraSaggra Member Posts: 99
    Originally posted by scotczech

sort the damn trees on the hills out, I mean what size are they??? 900 feet high trees? SCALE EM!

its a fantasy game there bro, sorry its not based on the real world .Tough one hey

• roamieroamie Member Posts: 115

graphics are slightly above aoc and eq2. lotr has better gfx in some places but far distances are better handled in vanguard. problem right now is that its is not as polished as wow.  server lags and micro loading times between the virtual zones are quite annoying plus other players tend to lag if randomly encountered. so its quite the opposite of what the thread title says for me. 

• ethionethion Member UncommonPosts: 2,888

Wow hard to believe this thread is still going.... Really the character models and animations are what they are.  They aren't the best and they aren't the worst.  Some parts are good and some are bad.  I don't think anyone would say for example that the running and jumping and cape animations are great.  I think they are pretty poor.  Sometime in the future they might fix them but only time will tell.

In the mean time the game is fun and it does offer a lot more then just character models and animation.  If you don't like the combat, quests, dungeons, solo vs group balance, crafting, diplomacy, mounts, flying, open world, etc then I'd say there are a ton of other games out there now.  If you point is that models and animation need improvement I don't think anyone will really argue.  There is always room for improvement in the visuals in a game.

---
    Ethion

• senadinsenadin Member UncommonPosts: 247

Originally posted by senadin

Originally posted by Deron_Barak

so thats all you have to say.

I would like to ask the same Sgtfrog.  Your time is your own of course but I don't get it.  You say Vanguard is a good game minus the animations and the character models. 

The head shot you posted previouslywas meant to look bad as you know and the animations have been stated to change, but not for a while.  So what's the deal? I'm not being sasrcastic.  Do you want to be talked into playing or just passing time?

the headshot was actually my toon.not one i made up to make the game look bad.

the animation has not been stated to change. they are still pretty bad. only one that people say has good animation is the monk.

Did it occur to you that maybe you simply are pretty crappy at making characters and that it is not so much the game graphics that are ugly but your own ability at designing characters that is failing?

The one player character above is quite pretty i must say.

no.

other players around me looked ugly aswell.

mainly due to animation. and most males have very weird looking upper-body.

also my head looked fine with no healm. but with healm it looked shit. and there was no option to hide helm

There is,

Settings- character then check/uncheck hide helm, hide hood, hide cloak or whatever other setting you like.

• ianicusianicus Member UncommonPosts: 665

lol your idiotic and inflamitory post was writen to incite hate and flames my friend, im not sure why your suprised at the responses you've been getting.

"Well let me just quote the late-great Colonel Sanders, who said…’I’m too drunk to taste this chicken." - Ricky Bobby
    Originally posted by ethion

Wow hard to believe this thread is still going.... Really the character models and animations are what they are.  They aren't the best and they aren't the worst.  Some parts are good and some are bad.  I don't think anyone would say for example that the running and jumping and cape animations are great.  I think they are pretty poor.  Sometime in the future they might fix them but only time will tell.
    In the mean time the game is fun and it does offer a lot more then just character models and animation.  If you don't like the combat, quests, dungeons, solo vs group balance, crafting, diplomacy, mounts, flying, open world, etc then I'd say there are a ton of other games out there now.  If you point is that models and animation need improvement I don't think anyone will really argue.  There is always room for improvement in the visuals in a game.

yes. the game itself is good. just not that pretty. for the reasons you staded above and for a couple other things.

im gonna re-install the game and see how it goes with the two weeks of free time i have left.

il try and get past the skin and play the game.

Originally posted by ianicus

lol your idiotic and inflamitory post was writen to incite hate and flames my friend, im not sure why your suprised at the responses you've been getting.

no.....just no

Originally posted by Deron_Barak

so thats all you have to say.

I would like to ask the same Sgtfrog.  Your time is your own of course but I don't get it.  You say Vanguard is a good game minus the animations and the character models. 

The head shot you posted previouslywas meant to look bad as you know and the animations have been stated to change, but not for a while.  So what's the deal? I'm not being sasrcastic.  Do you want to be talked into playing or just passing time?

the headshot was actually my toon.not one i made up to make the game look bad.

the animation has not been stated to change. they are still pretty bad. only one that people say has good animation is the monk.

Did it occur to you that maybe you simply are pretty crappy at making characters and that it is not so much the game graphics that are ugly but your own ability at designing characters that is failing?

The one player character above is quite pretty i must say.

no.

other players around me looked ugly aswell.

mainly due to animation. and most males have very weird looking upper-body.

also my head looked fine with no healm. but with healm it looked shit. and there was no option to hide helm

There is,

Settings- character then check/uncheck hide helm, hide hood, hide cloak or whatever other setting you like.

must have missed that.

il check it out asap. thanks

• Deathstrike2Deathstrike2 Member UncommonPosts: 1,777
    Originally posted by s4nder

My biggest gripe with the graphics was that world objects don't have shadows. Trees seem to be floating on the ground, detached from it. Everything has this plasticky look as a result. I hope they add shadows one day like every game since the turn of the century has.

If you want shadows, simply turn them on in the settings.  VG objects do cast shadows, and detailed ones at that.  Also, I haven't seen a tree floating above the ground since a few months around release.  When is the last time you played the game?

• ianicusianicus Member UncommonPosts: 665

no.....just no

Listen fella,  you have already proved that you for one, know nothing of how to even setup your VG client correctly to your screwed up prefs (couldnt figure out how to hide your helm? ROFL) and two you have no idea of the current state of the game when your spouting launch bugs that have been long taken care of (floating trees). Im really sorry you cant see this, but it is fairly pathetic.

Or perhaps you just have a junk PC thats not really capable of running the game as it was intended, at highest quality with ultra high textures. I have a pc capable of doing that, and the only ONLY gripe I have about the game in any way is that the skin texture on the character models still looks a LITTLE rubbery...not alot, a little. The armour and weapons look great, the environment looks lush and beautiful, being able see 16 kilos distance down a deep valley is truely something that not many MMO's and none on the current market, can contend with.

"Well let me just quote the late-great Colonel Sanders, who said…’I’m too drunk to taste this chicken." - Ricky Bobby

no.....just no

Listen fella,  you have already proved that you for one, know nothing of how to even setup your VG client correctly to your screwed up prefs (couldnt figure out how to hide your helm? ROFL) and two you have no idea of the current state of the game when your spouting launch bugs that have been long taken care of (floating trees). Im really sorry you cant see this, but it is fairly pathetic.

Or perhaps you just have a junk PC thats not really capable of running the game as it was intended, at highest quality with ultra high textures. I have a pc capable of doing that, and the only ONLY gripe I have about the game in any way is that the skin texture on the character models still looks a LITTLE rubbery...not alot, a little. The armour and weapons look great, the environment looks lush and beautiful, being able see 16 kilos distance down a deep valley is truely something that not many MMO's and none on the current market, can contend with.

wow i missed the hide helm section. god forbid.

that is the least of the problem of the game. the game still has very bad animation and male (mainly) modles. and no my pc does not suck,you can check my xfire.

i played the game last week so i know very well what the state of the game is.

my problem is with the models. not the enviroment. i have already said that the enviroment looks amazing and that its a good game. just horible models.

jeez.

ok. iv been playing the game for a couple hours now and its fun, the trial island must be buily on an older model or something becuse the game look mush better on the actual client.

still has a few flaws though. but i can see trhough that ,

• Cams69Cams69 Member Posts: 4

The PC models are pretty bad.

I looked into retexturing them, but I couldn't find a proper extractor >.>

(Can read the *.utx but not extract or recompress obviously)

But the terrain and all that is nice, I think.

• finnmacool1finnmacool1 Member Posts: 453

I wont argue with you over graphics, they are subjective anyways. The game is 1000% better than at release but that isnt really saying much, is it?

I think any person looking for an in depth pve game will enjoy Vanguard, just not sure for how long.

The truth be told the game is going no where. The devs fix/add what they can, but what are we talking about 3...5...devs? If there arent more subs there will be little content and no expansions. Hard to get more subs with a tainted name like vanguard.

• metalcoremetalcore Member Posts: 798

Originally posted by finnmacool1
    I wont argue with you over graphics, they are subjective anyways. The game is 1000% better than at release but that isnt really saying much, is it?
    I think any person looking for an in depth pve game will enjoy Vanguard, just not sure for how long.
    The truth be told the game is going no where. The devs fix/add what they can, but what are we talking about 3...5...devs? If there arent more subs there will be little content and no expansions. Hard to get more subs with a tainted name like vanguard.

3...5 devs? Would like to see evidence of this crazy statement.

As for little content, in the last year the game has had:

Guild halls
    Massive raid dungeon
    Khal revamp
    Models revamp
    Two dungeons revamped (Ksavari Glutch and Trickers Haven)
    Racial mounts
    Performance changes
    Isle of Dawn
    Dynamic weather
    Riftway system revamp
    Partical pass
    Flying mounts, solo, group and raid ones (and quests for them)

If you don't believe me check out the trailer:
    http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=bfT7zpXB5PY

Now playing: VG (after a long break from MMORPGS)
    Played for more than a month: Darkfall online, Vanguard SOH, Everquest, Horizons, WoW, SWG, Everquest II, Eve