Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone have an idea of wether this game is worth it?

nickman1993nickman1993 Member Posts: 287

Just as title says: dont say it msuckz bec it free. Go troll somewhere else!

Comments

• mattic65mattic65 Member UncommonPosts: 191

I've played in the second closed beta, and will probably do so again in the third. Where I was somewhat impressed with some aspects of the game, others just seemed...well...zzzzzzz.

The graphics are top notch and not too demanding of your rig (given you have one that isn't 10 years old) and have a lot of polish. The ship aspect was interesting, letting you customize both the ship and its crew.

Landside, however, doesn't offer anything you haven't seen anywhere else. It's not bad, it's not good, it's just there. Kill X amount of this, take this item to the NPC ten feet from where I'm standing. You and I have been there, done that.

So okay, overall? I'd say yeah it's worth it, if you can slide into CB this time around. It's got a lot of potential, and I might add, was one of the cleanest betas (no game crippling bugs or glitches) I've had the pleasure of playing.

• nickman1993nickman1993 Member Posts: 287

What about grind? end-game? PvP? i like PvP a lot is it for me?

• NakisaNakisa Member Posts: 2

Well yes, there is a normal 1on1 / party vs party PvP system at the moment and there is end-game content. At lvl 40, you'll be able to change your job; Explorer for example can change to Excavator or Sniper. There will be guild wars both on shore and at the sea, new islands and dungeons will be introduced bit by bit.

• AtomyAtomy Member UncommonPosts: 76

The game has mechanics "anno 2000, its for youngster i guess

• KorbyKorby Member Posts: 499

ROSE is for youngsters as well, but now the entier community is made up of adults.

Don't base it on that =p

• alastor44alastor44 Member UncommonPosts: 21

Been playing this game recently with my friend, so far we are having a fun time. Land leveling is a bit of a grind, but get some friends open up vent or ts and go to town on the mobs. Sea leveling took me few hours to get used to, something new to me in an mmorpg, but it is a fun change from land leveling.

The classes are pretty diverse on what you can put stats/skills into. I am currently a str/con 2 hand sword mercenary and my friend is a noble (think mage) and we duo well together. Though we haven't been able to take a boss down yet lol.

Atm the game seems very small on content, but gms are saying in aug there will be some major updates...just will have to wait and see.

All in all I would recommend it to anyone who is looking for a new game.

Waiting for:
    Diablo 3 Seasonal Ladders
    Warlords of Draenor

• mutatormutator Member Posts: 131

recommended:) even though i ACTUALLY found a bug on my first day there;) but i really like some things in it... others are just too common in games. but well we cant have everything so lets settle with the secound best. i am a 2 h merc with the ambition to be the best rare item collector:P but first i gotta lvl a little:) 

well i am at start town running around for the time being so you might find me under name of Swordsaint

• PU_TANG_PIEPU_TANG_PIE Member Posts: 6

I played this game when it first came into OB, first glance it looked like a very fun game that had potential.

Stayed in this game for about 2 weeks, played up to level 16 and the game turned into a serious grind fest.  I know that i probbley didnt play long enough fully experience the true meaning of the game. 

But in the end, this game failed to keep me entertained, which i why i eventually quit.  I would recommend this game to anyone whose interested in a new game.  The conepts of this game is similar to most f2p mmos out there.   So in the end Florensia is no big difference or wows you.  I hope it keeps you entertained longer then it did me.

• lamo2001lamo2001 Member Posts: 1

I recomed this 100% ok it might be a bit laggy sometimes and still some bugs... but dose every mmorpg not have these aspecs. one cool thing is that its free, smaller then wow almost as good... you cant go wrong

• phatpeteyphatpetey Member Posts: 323

Well this game has it good points and it bad points. First of all let me tell you something about the good aspect.

The graphics in the game are really good, they might be the best that I've ever seen in an asian MMORPG. A second feature that is really awesome is the navalcombat system. In the begining you won't like it but after a while you will start to love it, as soon as you boat goes a bit faster and your cannons shoot a bit harder. The community of Florensia is pretty good aswell, I used to have a lot of fun with the people from my guild.

Then something about the bad points of the game. The grind on land combat is really awesome especially when you use to play western games like WoW. Another bad aspect is the cashshop, you're able to buy items that make you better in combat: including in PvP. This makes PvP quite unfair. The game is still in an early stage so there still are quite a few bugs and glitches but I'm sure those little errors will get out the game soon enough.

• AlexanderVendiAlexanderVendi Member UncommonPosts: 375

Cash shop item game , it's based only on cashshop nothing else , u want extra storage? pay cash , u want exp ? pay cash , u want high chance on forging succes? pay cash , hell everything in this game is related to rl money if u wana succed in it , made a small total and for a decent play time u will have to spend around 150$ a month or more and the game is not that great to be worth it , just my 2 cents .

Oh and the ingame community is just but then again it is a kids game...

• KylockKylock Member UncommonPosts: 8

I would have to say that I  have had quite a bit of exposure to many an MMO and as far as I am concerned I do believe that Florensia is a cut above most available, the gameplay is interesting and the class/career path takes a bit of aforethought if you wish to make the most of your character due to the dual leveling system.

While I could say the game is great/fantastic, etc (which imo it is) it's still best if you download and give it a try beyond one or two hours, spend a good afternoon with it, as I ended up doing and I am sure you will keep it.

• prisca1224prisca1224 Member Posts: 4

well u dont have to listen to my opinion since i uninstalled it the day i installed it lol..its jus works badly on my comp lol. too laggy to me but thats jus me n my stupid comp so yeah..i didnt get to enjoy the game unfortunately but i like the graphics :)

• farfanugonfarfanugon Member Posts: 419

the game is made for preteens its full of bug and glitches .... being game is made for preteen the comunity is very  ummm childish the grapics are very bad very bad the text is off on most everything quest mislabled items miss labled

there is no skill base to this game there is no way to skill train ther is no crafting there is no tru pvp there is opptional duel system there are guilds buy why no one know there are no guild quests guild wars none of that [gm] there are none they give a few teen s power to chat in red these kids have no idea asto the workings of the game

the game is a flop nothing in this game works right nothing gets fixed i am honestly right now try very hard to think of 1 just 1 good point to the game

even the chat box is worthless you can not close the chat box and while grinding if your curser hits a name u r now in whisper chat with that person which means monster is kickin your but for free ive never seen a worse /buggy/ glitchy / nothin good about it game out  of closed beta

but dude really go play it for 2 weeks the whole 2 weeks after that any junky game will make u happy

• junzo316junzo316 Member UncommonPosts: 1,712
    Originally posted by farfanugon

the game is made for preteens its full of bug and glitches .... being game is made for preteen the comunity is very  ummm childish the grapics are very bad very bad the text is off on most everything quest mislabled items miss labled
    there is no skill base to this game there is no way to skill train ther is no crafting there is no tru pvp there is opptional duel system there are guilds buy why no one know there are no guild quests guild wars none of that [gm] there are none they give a few teen s power to chat in red these kids have no idea asto the workings of the game
    the game is a flop nothing in this game works right nothing gets fixed i am honestly right now try very hard to think of 1 just 1 good point to the game
    even the chat box is worthless you can not close the chat box and while grinding if your curser hits a name u r now in whisper chat with that person which means monster is kickin your but for free ive never seen a worse /buggy/ glitchy / nothin good about it game out  of closed beta
    but dude really go play it for 2 weeks the whole 2 weeks after that any junky game will make u happy

I must say that my time in game so far is totally opposite.  I was in beta last year and found quite a few bugs, but haven't seen them this time around.  The graphics are nice and the gameplay is smooth.  There is a bit of lag now and again, but nothing too annoying.   The chat channel does get a bit fueled with teen angst at times, but nothing that can;t be laughed at or ignored.  I am not having any problems with random chats.  Not sure how that happened to you...lol.  Its a nice "get-away-game" for those who need a break from time to time from the AAA MMORPG's.

• Schutzy121Schutzy121 Member Posts: 58

Ya it does have good graphics for an Asian MMO. One of the upsets is that everybody looks like a girl also. They need a better Character customization. It is quite boring as a noob but it does become very fun.

YOU JUST GOT SCHUTZED

• Schutzy121Schutzy121 Member Posts: 58

I personally think Florensia needs some add-ons to make it better, such as better character customization as I have said before and some other things.

YOU JUST GOT SCHUTZED