Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I am so pissed at my poor Rune Priest

I have reached the rank of 17 and now it is confirmed... i cannot win in PvP against ANY dps or tank classes. I have encountered anything from three ranks lower and up - they all kill me without even breaking a sweat. I think i have pretty decent armor for my level with extra boost stats, still this doesn't help me much.

It seems that the only careers i might stand a chance against are lower level magica or other healers - i don't know? I can't see any reason for anyone to choose a Rune Priest if you're a slightest bit into RvR. Too bad i have gotten this far... the thing is that RP is really fun to play PvE and in groups of course.

«13

Comments

  • glommaglomma Member Posts: 209

     

    I, for one loves the rune priest, when i enter the battlefield with my shaman, i always look for rune priests, and as soon one is in range, i take him/her down, they never know what hit them... hehe.

    So please,  pretty please dont give up on your rune priest, us shamans just love them...  for breakfast.

    LOL..

     

    image

  • TakodanTakodan Member UncommonPosts: 161

    Hehe... i just bet you do.

  • Black_ElvisBlack_Elvis Member Posts: 188

    The funny thing is you hear tanks say the exact same thing about RP.  "OMG WHY CANT I KILL A HEALER?!"  Just 2 sides of the same coin.

    image

  • Cochran1Cochran1 Member Posts: 456

    No, you won't win in PvP because most of the classes aren't made to compete 1 on 1. My Chosen doesn't stand a chance 1 on 1 against a BW or SW. Thats why I stay within range of a healer unless I have an adequate damage dealer with me.

  • PyukPyuk Member UncommonPosts: 762
    Originally posted by hdnine


    I have reached the rank of 17 and now it is confirmed... i cannot win in PvP against ANY dps or tank classes. I have encountered anything from three ranks lower and up - they all kill me without even breaking a sweat. I think i have pretty decent armor for my level with extra boost stats, still this doesn't help me much.
    It seems that the only careers i might stand a chance against are lower level magica or other healers - i don't know? I can't see any reason for anyone to choose a Rune Priest if you're a slightest bit into RvR. Too bad i have gotten this far... the thing is that RP is really fun to play PvE.

    If you want to play a tough healer, play a war priest. The rune priest is pretty much a pure healer and not meant to stand up to tanks and DPS classes, that'd just be silly. If they could, then there wouldn't be a need to play any other class. The key to WAR is to know your class, what are it's strength and weaknesses, and build your character around those elements. But to expect a healer class to stand up to a tank or DPS class is just dreaming.

     

    I make spreadsheets at work - I don't want to make them for the games I play.

  • Cochran1Cochran1 Member Posts: 456
    Originally posted by Black_Elvis


    The funny thing is you hear tanks say the exact same thing about RP.  "OMG WHY CANT I KILL A HEALER?!"  Just 2 sides of the same coin.



     

    Never had a problem killing a RP. Matter of fact for the collectors edition RvR greenskin quest you have to kill a RP as one of the objectives. My wife wasn't getting the update so I killed a RP with my Black Orc 4 times trying to get her the update.

  • stormiousstormious Member Posts: 63

    As stated before, this game really isnt balanced for 1 vs 1. I play a healer myself (zealot) and cant hurt most careers on my own. On the other hand I cant die vs any career my own level either.. unless perhaps vs witch hunters or bright wizards. I had a really interresting encounter with a warriorpriest my own level, we were hitting at eachother for maybe 15 min until we gave up and went in separate directions lol...

    That doesnt mean its useless to play a healer. It is really fun to heal in scenarios and RvR and you are really useful in a team. You should not give up on your runepriest just cuz you cant wtfpwn ppl on your own.

  • DuraheLLDuraheLL Member Posts: 2,951

    OP:

    Give it a break. This ain't a 1v1 game in any way.

    image
    $OE lies list
    http://www.rlmmo.com/viewtopic.php?t=424&start=0
    "
    And I don't want to hear anything about "I don't believe in vampires" because *I* don't believe in vampires, but I believe in my own two eyes, and what *I* saw is ******* vampires! "

  • starman999starman999 Member Posts: 1,232

    For real. look at engineer. They  often do the most overall damage in the scenario but they also die the most and rarely ever actually kill anyone. Its just not their MO. If you are going to play a support class then get used to this being your lot in life.

     

     

    Critical thinking is a desire to seek, patience to doubt, fondness to meditate, slowness to assert, readiness to consider, carefulness to dispose and set in order; and hatred for every kind of imposture.

  • jblahjblah Member UncommonPosts: 368

    I feel the same way OP as I have a 27RP and by myself I cant kill anyone either. Tanks and range DPS cant really kill me either but the dmg is very weak. When I played in beta back in the begining of the year I could but lots screamed nerf RP's and got it. Now I know if im not with someone else I mine as well just run away.

    We get no real CC till 25 the AOE knockback but since everyone else gets one also it rarely works when ya need it becuase the target you want to knock back is usually immune due to other people using theirs. In early beta I could solo PVE stuff better as well now it takes me like 1 min to kill something where I see people 3-5 levels lower than me doing the same with no problems and less time.

    When they said this was a group based game they meant that double for RP's as several times I will just log off if my friends are not online to do PVE or PVP stuff. When I do PVP people only care about themselves and only want heals they dont protect me either when I need it. And even when I die I have to make the run back while they bitch because I dont res them.

    I dont see much reason for people to play a RP to max level due to this and guess thats why I see less RP's in T-3 than I did in T-2 and T-1. They can be very underwhelming to play since the beta nerf.

    Playing- Guild Wars 2, SWTOR
    SWTOR Referral Link Get a free Server Transfer and lots of other free stuff for your SWTOR account! Works for both new and previous players.

  • jblahjblah Member UncommonPosts: 368
    Originally posted by starman999


    For real. look at engineer. They  often do the most overall damage in the scenario but they also die the most and rarely ever actually kill anyone. Its just not their MO. If you are going to play a support class then get used to this being your lot in life.
     
     

    Well an engineer isnt the mostly targeted class either. Entire teams make a rush to kill a healer not engineers as they are less a threat. RP's dont get barbed wire at level 10 either they get shit to keep people off of them. Detaunt and the 3 min shield dont really help when people can just stay glued to you till it wears off. And its not like an RP is gonna threaten anyone with damage anyway.

    Any team that would focus an engineer over a healer needs another thread to discuss that problem.

    Playing- Guild Wars 2, SWTOR
    SWTOR Referral Link Get a free Server Transfer and lots of other free stuff for your SWTOR account! Works for both new and previous players.

  • YunbeiYunbei Member Posts: 898
    Originally posted by DuraheLL


    OP:

    Give it a break. This ain't a 1v1 game in any way.



     

    Incorrect. Despite many other people around you, at least 50% of the time I find one of them attacking me and the rest of my group doesnt give a shit.

    image

  • starman999starman999 Member Posts: 1,232

    The difference being of course that if you are getting killed constantly as a healer then your team isnt doing their job. If you get killed constantly as an engineer its just business as usual.

     

     

    Critical thinking is a desire to seek, patience to doubt, fondness to meditate, slowness to assert, readiness to consider, carefulness to dispose and set in order; and hatred for every kind of imposture.

  • jblahjblah Member UncommonPosts: 368
    Originally posted by starman999


    The difference being of course that if you are getting killed constantly as a healer then your team isnt doing their job. If you get killed constantly as an engineer its just business as usual.
     
     



     

    Well considering this is a team based game it matters since if I dont do my team duty then my team fails if an engineer does not top damage chart then noone cares. Poop a turret and auto attack is enough where if I dropped a hot and auto attack it can change the whole game.

    Other teams know this and thats why engineers are not the first targets and healers are. Let me use your barbed wire for a few games and you take my weak 20sec cooldown dmg sheild that only absorbs 1 spit from a WE and we have a deal.

    Playing- Guild Wars 2, SWTOR
    SWTOR Referral Link Get a free Server Transfer and lots of other free stuff for your SWTOR account! Works for both new and previous players.

  • MerrikHartsMerrikHarts Member Posts: 3

    I find it unfortunate that so many so many can't seem to get it r hrough their head that ths isn't WoW based PvP. The team element here is paramount. If your group won't protect you, don't blame Mythic, blame your group. If RPs could dish out the damage to off tanks, and heal themselves and their party mates, what use would there be for tanks? No bear form in WAR, and I am thankful for that. WoW comparisons are fitting I think because WoW seems to have shoved solo mentality down so many people's throats. Honestly, the fact that this game gets ripped, essentially because people can't twink, have to use group tactics and don't have a single class to regularly wtfpwn everyone else is a damned shame.

  • starman999starman999 Member Posts: 1,232

    If you have ever played the engi then you would know that the barbed wire is nigh unto useless. Its duration is short and it breaks as soon as the person caught in it takes any damage. I have saved the ass of many a healer by dying in their place which is me doing my job. Its not a flaw in the RP class its a flaw in the tactics of the team around them that makes your chosen class less fun to play.

    maybe if the que system for scenarios would pull in more balanced teams then your experience would be less of a buzzkill. I am utterly disheartened when we are all waiting for the timer to tell us we can go and all I see around me is a bunch of one class or another. Either there are no tanks or no healers or its all dpsers which most of the time unless the other side has suffered the same misfortune means you are going to lose and badly.

    I will concede that compared to the zealot the rune priest simply doesnt measure up however its hardly a broken class either. I have seen several RPs who survived nearly the entire scenario without dying so there are a lot of variables at work here. its not a simple matter of saying that RP is better or worse than any other class. they all seem to have their flaws. some are just more obvious than others.

     

     

     

     

    Critical thinking is a desire to seek, patience to doubt, fondness to meditate, slowness to assert, readiness to consider, carefulness to dispose and set in order; and hatred for every kind of imposture.

  • naldricnaldric Member UncommonPosts: 909

    I really think you are not playing your runepriest correctly, mine is lvl 24 and when it's 1vs1 i win almost every battle, unless if it's healer vs healer that ends up most of the time in a draw and both parting ways...

  • jblahjblah Member UncommonPosts: 368
    Originally posted by starman999


    If you have ever played the engi then you would know that the barbed wire is nigh unto useless. Its duration is short and it breaks as soon as the person caught in it takes any damage. I have saved the ass of many a healer by dying in their place which is me doing my job. Its not a flaw in the RP class its a flaw in the tactics of the team around them that makes your chosen class less fun to play.
    maybe if the que system for scenarios would pull in more balanced teams then your experience would be less of a buzzkill. I am utterly disheartened when we are all waiting for the timer to tell us we can go and all I see around me is a bunch of one class or another. Either there are no tanks or no healers or its all dpsers which most of the time unless the other side has suffered the same misfortune means you are going to lose and badly.
    I will concede that compared to the zealot the rune priest simply doesnt measure up however its hardly a broken class either. I have seen several RPs who survived nearly the entire scenario without dying so there are a lot of variables at work here. its not a simple matter of saying that RP is better or worse than any other class. they all seem to have their flaws. some are just more obvious than others.
     
     
     
     



     

    I actually have played an engineer a bit and yes the barbedwire is easy to break but I am not gonna be doing dmg to the target I root so it would help alot where as detaunt does not really do much when more than 1 person is beating on me. Also if its a WE or maurder beating on me they can take me out of the game completely.

    I do agree that it would be great if class balance was better as I also hate seeing some groups with no tanks and 10 BW's or vise versa. I wish more classes with skills like barbed wire would use it to help save a healer but it seems as though most DPSers just worry about pew pew and I know this is not mythics fault but the players. But eventually it will become an issue where you will never see decent healers in there due to this.

    In other games I have seen this happen where at max level no tanks wanna PUG anymore due to it being a hassle from DPSers that just dont care about there group. All they wanna do is max damage and dont care win or lose as long as they do. I see this happening as well here and see so many tanks with a 2h running around which tells me they just dont care.

    The reason I feel this way is because I have seen how RP's used to be and see how they are now. I was so sure I wanted to play one at release due to my previous experience with them but now not so much. Guess I will become part of the problem and just play a DPS class or roll Destro its all about what is fun for me anyway.

    Playing- Guild Wars 2, SWTOR
    SWTOR Referral Link Get a free Server Transfer and lots of other free stuff for your SWTOR account! Works for both new and previous players.

  • jblahjblah Member UncommonPosts: 368
    Originally posted by naldric


    I really think you are not playing your runepriest correctly, mine is lvl 24 and when it's 1vs1 i win almost every battle, unless if it's healer vs healer that ends up most of the time in a draw and both parting ways...



     

    Not that I think you are lying but you must have some horrible WE's on your server if thats true as no matter how good you are RP's are meant to lose to WE's. Other classes I probably am the problem but any RP that beats a WE that is not AFK or has down sysndrome my hat is off to you.

    And yes healer vs healer is usually just a time sink and a good time to get a fresh beer and check the football scores unless its a shaman then I still do that while they mop the floor witth me but it gets me a free port to my closest warcamp.

    Playing- Guild Wars 2, SWTOR
    SWTOR Referral Link Get a free Server Transfer and lots of other free stuff for your SWTOR account! Works for both new and previous players.

  • csthaocsthao Member UncommonPosts: 1,119
    Originally posted by Cochran1


    No, you won't win in PvP because most of the classes aren't made to compete 1 on 1. My Chosen doesn't stand a chance 1 on 1 against a BW or SW. Thats why I stay within range of a healer unless I have an adequate damage dealer with me.



     

    1v1 my white lion can beat almsot any class except the tanks.

  • jakkarsjakkars Member Posts: 207

    It's a dwarf for gods sake. Nothing wrong with hating a dwarf.

  • Riho06Riho06 Member Posts: 431
    Originally posted by Yunbei

    Originally posted by DuraheLL


    OP:

    Give it a break. This ain't a 1v1 game in any way.



     

    Incorrect. Despite many other people around you, at least 50% of the time I find one of them attacking me and the rest of my group doesnt give a shit.

     

    The game is designed for RvR team fighting not 1vs1, if you're getting owned 1vs1 find better teammates/guildies. No one cares if a tank can't kill a healer or vice versa, do your job in PvP and help the team win.

  • bensculptbensculpt Member Posts: 80

    Well i think healing would be more rewarding if tanks had some actual aggro control in pvp, until then healers r just the rodeo clowns of pvp!  I never played a RP but ive played the rest to at least 10, and personally like the AM the best, i will always die to melee dpsers and will always own tanks as it is at my lvl.  Personally if u wanna beat people 1 on 1 my vote is for WP,or DoK.

  • wozzuwozzu Member Posts: 109

    kill engineers, everyone else does.

  • daylight01daylight01 Member Posts: 2,250

    Well I am lvl 29 and lvl 24 RP and I can say 1v1 it wont get any better,we really aint built that way.

    In a well built group man we can be the highlight that is for sure,healing,knockbacks and some dmg,a good RP will shine.

    A rp 1v1 has alot of problems,we cant do enough dmg in a short time and our best heals require us to stand still(not ideal),so best bet is ...dont get yourself in that position.

    A RP is built for grouping that is no doubt,but it is an out an out healer so what do you expect?

    I say if you dont like the fact you cant kill quickly or indeed 1v1 you struggle I suggest you roll a dps guy and not a healer,like it or not healers are made for group battle's here.

    image

    If someone had came up to me in 1980 when I was on my Atari 2600 and said we will be playing games with thousands of people at the same time.I guess my response would have been,"but I only have 2 joysticks"

    http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/235780/page/8

Sign In or Register to comment.