Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New game, REPLY!

BroGamingPageBroGamingPage Member UncommonPosts: 492

Alright,

I'm looking for a new game. Well, a new game to me. I DON'T CARE if it's P2P OR F2P. I'm sick of grinding. I want a game where there is a lot of pvp, a fairly big community, and hardly and grinding whatsoever. I also want good graphics. I don't want it to be another cookie-cutter. Any out there that you know of?

Oh I also don't want to spend 50.00 for the game. 20.00 is my max atm on games that I want to spend...so lay em on me.

Games Played:

p2p-

wow

lotro

neocron

WAR

Everquest 2

Lineage 2

f2p-

Rappelz

Shaiya

Silkroad Online

Cabal Online

Now if you can lead me to a game even if I've already played it that you think I should give another try because the grind isn't bad, let me know. I played wow for 6 months, neocron for 4 months, the longest I've ever played a mmorpg is a year straight and that was Lineage 2. I'm sick of the grind. I want a fun pvp mmorpg that doesn't take A TON of grind.

Thanks!

Comments

• Amon_AmarthAmon_Amarth Member Posts: 219

hi there. I'm going to say, give EVE a try. It MAY be exactly what you are looking for. A few quick facts. There is a free trial available right now, and it's only a very small download!!! It's a 14 day trial and if you choose to subsribe, there is an initial $20 charge then of course the monthly 15$ a month or whatever the price may be depending on where you live. Hope this helps. :)

• LastDivinerLastDiviner Member Posts: 4

I suggest Darkfall Online. www.darkfallonline.com

• treyu86treyu86 Member UncommonPosts: 269

Hi there!

I would really recommend u Vanguard, if u like pvp on the free for all pvp server Sartok (not high population there at the momento though but still fun as hell) or a pve server like Seradon with healthy population. You could also try Age of Conan which now has a new pvp system and is really fun. WAR is an option too.

• BroGamingPageBroGamingPage Member UncommonPosts: 492
    Originally posted by LastDiviner

I suggest Darkfall Online. www.darkfallonline.com

I'm aware of Darkfall, Aion, Mortal Online (first person =), and a few other games currently in development. However at this time, it doesn't help me. I signed up for darkfall online a while back and still I'm not in beta yet. =/ Waiting for open beta by the end of this year! Can't wait for DARKFALL! =) I also can't wait for Mortal online. Aging, healing wounds like a healer should, first person, can't wait. I'm fairly active in their forums so I'm hoping to get in beta over there as well.

Now, at the moment I need a game to play. I'm bored out of my mind. Thinking about giving Ryzom another go. But, it's just another grind. However, you're not truly grinding levels. You're grinding skills and I think you can protect outposts like Neocron which I like....but I'm not sure. I'm not really looking to grind a game right now so I don't know.

I'm just looking for major pvp with little grind. Leveling by pvping would be nice. I hop on Warhammer 1 hour a day or so but it's still becoming a grind because you only get in an rvr every 30 minutes and it takes 20 minutes to complete one. By that time you may have only gained 2k-4k xp in the RVR which is not worth it for 1 hour. It'll take forever to level to 16 (100k+ xp) at that rate.

So right now, I still am looking. Please continue to reply and help me look for a game. I love Lineage 2 because it had great graphics, great pvp, and at the time I could stand the grind. Hell at the moment I could probably stand the grind IF it had a good community and a good pvp system end-game. Please let me know you're opinions. They are helping. Thanks!

Originally posted by treyu86

Hi there!

I would really recommend u Vanguard, if u like pvp on the free for all pvp server Sartok (not high population there at the momento though but still fun as hell) or a pve server like Seradon with healthy population. You could also try Age of Conan which now has a new pvp system and is really fun. WAR is an option too.

3 Questions:

1. Is the community on AOC growing? I heard they are finally fixing things and looking up. But, I want your opinion on this if you know anything about AOC. Or, anyone elses opinion on AOC for that matter. It's a game I've considered.

2. Is it worth spending 50 bucks on right now?

3. Would AOC run well on my machine? 3gb nvidia geforce 8700m gt 512mb ram 250gb hard drive it's a intel core 2 duo processor t5550.

Thanks!

• treyu86treyu86 Member UncommonPosts: 269
    Originally posted by xfrozenx

Originally posted by treyu86

Hi there!

3 Questions:

1. Is the community on AOC growing? I heard they are finally fixing things and looking up. But, I want your opinion on this if you know anything about AOC. Or, anyone elses opinion on AOC for that matter. It's a game I've considered.

2. Is it worth spending 50 bucks on right now?

3. Would AOC run well on my machine? 3gb nvidia geforce 8700m gt 512mb ram 250gb hard drive it's a intel core 2 duo processor t5550.

Thanks!

1) Well, I am playing Vanguard at the moment but I needed a better pvp so I resubbed to AoC yesterday (I left 1 month after launch). The population on Aquilonia RP PvP server was on medium, I just went to 2 maps and I saw more than 50 people while questing, so yes, the population is not bad at all. They are going to merge servers (they are working on that) so it will improve, but it is good enough, it is not empty or I didnt find it that way.

2) I dont know , you must decide that. They put a PvP system at least, in the next patch there is also the "PvP consequence system", performance was great to me at launch and better now, PvE was always fun to me... so yes, for me it is worth it (although my main game is Vanguard). But for that question you shouldnt ask here, haters will say no and fanbois yes. I just can tell you that for me it was worth it.

3) Absolutly yes. I have a 3 gb ram, nvidia 8800gt 1 gb and a amd athlon 6400 3,2ghz and it runs just great in high settings, so you wont have problems.

• eosyneeosyne Member UncommonPosts: 392

eve has the worst grind i've ever seen.

• neonwireneonwire Member Posts: 1,787

As you already know there are some interesting games in development. Otherwise there really isnt anything that breaks the cookie-cutter grinding mold apart from EVE. Everything else is just shit basicly.

Welcome to the waiting club. You are number 492612 in the queue.

Originally posted by jackeccs

Dont be stupid. Its a PvP game. If you log on and just do the PvE missions then its a boring grind......so....ermm.....dont do them cos you dont have to.

Originally posted by neonwire

As you already know there are some interesting games in development. Otherwise there really isnt anything that breaks the cookie-cutter grinding mold apart from EVE. Everything else is just shit basicly.
    Welcome to the waiting club. You are number 492612 in the queue.

Alright, well I just got done downloading Shot Online. I think I'm ready for a little break from these Fantasy Mmorpgs that are only grind fests. I've played too many in the past year. I'm going to try to level on Shots Online and enjoy something different. I love sports games so a sports mmorpg should be fun.

Still waiting for that game to come out that isn't just another COOKIE-CUTTER. Even Warhammer in my eyes fits the cookie-cutter description.

[Quote]

Originally posted by neonwire

Originally posted by jackeccs

Dont be stupid. Its a PvP game. If you log on and just do the PvE missions then its a boring grind......so....ermm.....dont do them cos you dont have to. [/Quote]

Eve is boring =/ My brother always tried to get me to play it, he loved it. He said he loved the fact that it takes time to get everything and you work on stuff over days instead of minutes. I hate that but he loves it. I would LOVE to play a game that is futuristic with space ships, but eve isn't it. The ships move too slow. I don't think I would enjoy it.

On another note they are working on a game (oh the waiting game) www.jumpgate-evolution.com/ that looks very interesting. Fast paced pvp with space ships. I think that'll be interesting to say the least.

I may try Age Of Conan TBH. But trying it and spending 50.00 on it when Darkfall is so close to being in open beta and having a chance in that, I may just wait on AOC. See how the patches go and how they continue progressing with the game. I don't truly feel AOC will fail. I think it wasn't what it was hyped up to be (like Warhammer...) however will not die anytime soon. If they keep up with the updates it will only get better. Sounds like they are improving.

Right now it's a waiting game. There's over 10 games right now I've been watching that have no where near as much hype as Warhammer had that look really fun. I'm sick of hearing people talk about Warhammer and comparing War to Wow. I don't care about either anymore. Warhammer just didn't do it for me and I'm still in the Que for the next best game. Warhammer is just another cookie-cutter in my eyes.

Anyways keep the replies and opinions for a game that I would enjoy coming. Age Of Conan may be worth the try so I'll keep it in my mind and maybe give it a try if Darkfall doesn't meet it's schedule by the end of the year. Any other games out there that are cheap and have good pvp? or f2p? As long as it's not another grind fest.

Ryzom is unique and I'm going to continue playing with that game. But, the graphics aren't great and they've fallen a few times now but the game has a decent community once again. Gameplay is what keeps me intrigued. Shot Online should be fun. Anyways again, thanks for the replies. Keep em coming with games you feel I would enjoy. No Grindfest games. It's all about pvp.

• galad2003galad2003 Member Posts: 167

I recomend Hello Kitty

• Gabby-airGabby-air Member UncommonPosts: 3,440

Well maybe try out atlantica online, i might be braggin the game a bit but i actually love it and is something different than others which is it's turn based combat and a strategy game, the graphics are the best ive seen in a free game and the community i found to be very nice, the grind well that depends--if your use to the regular korean grind then it isn't bad, bt if your use to vanguard or maybe aoc then the grind could be boring.

--I would atleast try the game out

• phatpeteyphatpetey Member Posts: 323

I don't really think that Atlantica Online is the game that you are searching. The gameplay is pretty slow because of the battle system.

If I were you I should play EVE online, since this game is something different and if you are willing to spend some time in it, the game is a lot of fun. The theme is completly different then most populare MMORPGs, so that will be a pleasant change.

Originally posted by phatpetey

I don't really think that Atlantica Online is the game that you are searching. The gameplay is pretty slow because of the battle system.

If I were you I should play EVE online, since this game is something different and if you are willing to spend some time in it, the game is a lot of fun. The theme is completly different then most populare MMORPGs, so that will be a pleasant change.

He already said he doesnt like EVE

Oops, didn't read all posts :)

May i ask you what lvl you got to?

• godsblightgodsblight Member Posts: 1

@ thread poster

I suggest DDO (Dungeons and Dragons Online)

There is no grinding in the game because it's all instances (raids and dungeons) and there is tons of them.

It's P2P and there is a huge community.

Although their pvp is undeveloped (as in only tavern brawls and team CTF and team DM) it's really fun

This is anything but a cookie cutter game due to the fact that you can be up to 3 classes at once, you actually get stats to enter in every 3 lvls or so and they have a feat and an enchancement system.

They have currently removed their 10 day free trail due to reasons I have no idea about.

If you want to check it out go to ddo.com and look at the forums and compendium, (the compendium isn't complete... it's new, but it has enough stuff in it to get a just for the game) screenshot and videos.

Originally posted by Gabby-air

Hehe, I havent played it myself, I just read some of the comments on the game, one of the frequently used comment is that due the turn-based system the game goes pretty slow.  

Thanks for all the replies.  I played Atlantica Online for about an hour 3 weeks ago and quit. I would be willing to give it another shot since I use to play text based games when I was younger and use to enjoy them. I would be willing to give Atlantica another shot since it's a different genre of games.

Eve- Na

Vanguard- Eh, maybe.

Dungeons and Dragons Online- I'm not real sure if I want to get in that game. The name alone has always turned me away from it and I think it's the same way with many other gamers. I may be willing to give it a go but the pvp system sounds like it's not for me.

Now I am giving Perfect World a shot at the moment. With the annoying grind, it's still fun and it's got  a huge community. Their pvp system is to be liked. I'm giving perfect world a shot and loving it so far. We'll see how it goes. Thanks for all the replies.

Originally posted by Gabby-air

Hehe, I havent played it myself, I just read some of the comments on the game, one of the frequently used comment is that due the turn-based system the game goes pretty slow.  

That's pretty much why i stayed away from final fantasy but then once you try it, it might just be what uve been looking for all these years, so get to atleast lvl 25-30 and then you'll have a better look at the game

• deadplayerdeadplayer Member Posts: 102

Try RF ONLINE , www.rf-onlinegame.com. It's free now.

A nice sci-fi mmo based on races PVP, althoug the PVE is also very nice. Once you reach lvl 25 you can join in the chip wars. That is awesome. The chip war allows you too fight together with around 1000 of the same race against a other race.

• BeThCaBeThCa Member Posts: 10
    Originally posted by deadplayer

Try RF ONLINE , www.rf-onlinegame.com. It's free now.
    A nice sci-fi mmo based on races PVP, althoug the PVE is also very nice. Once you reach lvl 25 you can join in the chip wars. That is awesome. The chip war allows you too fight together with around 1000 of the same race against a other race.

Too bad its closing in november and then you'll have to wait till a new company picks it up or resort to private servers