Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

About the Wings

ZyllosZyllos Member UncommonPosts: 537

I was trying to find out some info about how wings are displayed on your avatars ingame, are they always visible (both on ground and in the air, in combat or not) or are wings only visible when in flight? If only during flight, I am guessing they just appear on your back? Maybe its only when in combat do wings appear?

Either way, would like some linked info and sources if anyone could. Thanks.

MMOs Played: I can no longer list them all in the 500 character limit.

Comments

• Pyro240Pyro240 Member Posts: 194

From what I've seen in video's, the wings only appear when you activate the flight ability.

Which means when you want to fly you make your wings appear and lift off.

nom nom nom

• ZyllosZyllos Member UncommonPosts: 537

Ok so the asmodians and elyos are basically just human factions in which our characters reach demigodhood and become daeva. Now I can understand, sort of, why you do not always see the wings as they were human once, not races born with wings.

MMOs Played: I can no longer list them all in the 500 character limit.

• NC_KieronNC_Kieron Aion Community Relations ManagerMember Posts: 11

The wings appear when your character enters flight mode, uses the Glide skill, or by using the "Boast Wings" emote.  The wings do not display automatically when in combat mode.

kieron
    Community Relations Manager - Aion
    NCsoft Austin

• RoxiannaRoxianna Member Posts: 60

Can the wings be made more transparent? They block a lot of the view as far as I can tell from game play footage I saw.

Can the sound of the wings be turned off? I find the sound annoying.

• CainethCaineth Aion CorrespondentMember Posts: 42

Here's a screenshot of the Sound Options menu in the game, courtesy of AionSource.

http://www.aionsource.com/forum/attachments/news-announcements/1013d1219879570-gc08-news-impressions-damage-control-img_0168.jpg

-
    Kenneth Tarre - Aion Correspondent
    The contents of this post do not necessarily reflect the views of MMORPG.com and its management.

• RoxiannaRoxianna Member Posts: 60
    Originally posted by Caineth

Here's a screenshot of the Sound Options menu in the game, courtesy of AionSource.
    http://www.aionsource.com/forum/attachments/news-announcements/1013d1219879570-gc08-news-impressions-damage-control-img_0168.jpg

Thanks muchly. I did have to sign-up for yet another vBullentin site to see it, but the image was informative.  The volume controls are not granular enough to just block a particualr sound.

• DawnJWDawnJW Member Posts: 108

Can you upload the Picture please to a other Host and share it here?

Cheers,

Dawn

• CainethCaineth Aion CorrespondentMember Posts: 42
    Originally posted by DawnJW

Can you upload the Picture please to a other Host and share it here?
    Cheers,

Dawn

I'm sorry, the picture belongs to that particular fansite, and it's not in my interest to place it somewhere else. As Roxianna noted however, there's no particular feature to disable the sounds of the wings. My guess is that it counts as Overall Volume.

-
    Kenneth Tarre - Aion Correspondent
    The contents of this post do not necessarily reflect the views of MMORPG.com and its management.

• achellisachellis Member Posts: 542

i bet you can toggle them on or off.