Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Aion Online first Previews

Syno23Syno23 Member UncommonPosts: 1,360

So, I was browsing the internet and I came across a few previews

First of all, I'm sick of the World of Warcraft questing system, if it's like Age of Conan or Tabula Rasa, ok I don't mind playing with it, but not Warhammer's questing system, I hate that. But anyway on the other hand, I just wanted to say that does Aion Online have an option like Final Fantasy XI's grinding system with the 6 man parties killing respawnable mobs all day?

Yeah, that's what I need is an option of people killing mobs all day.

Ok now to the previews here are the websites:

- http://www.aionsource.com/articles/translations-2/the-best-and-worst-of-cbt3-25/

- http://www.aionsource.com/articles/translations-2/aionsource-meets-playforum-24/

- http://www.aionsource.com/articles/translations-2/cbt-3-recap-20/

Check these out and tell me you aren't hyped about Aion Online, this is going to be the best game ever  in the world and there's nothing anyone can do about it, because I dunno NCSoft has created a lot of good games in the past like Lineage II is a really good game and Lineage is a good game. And so I'm hoping that everyone gets together and plays Aion Online, ya know 17 million Lineage II subscribers which means that someone will play Aion Online right?

Comments

• CyntheCynthe Member UncommonPosts: 1,414

"But anyway on the other hand, I just wanted to say that does Aion Online have an option like Final Fantasy XI's grinding system with the 6 man parties killing respawnable mobs all day?

Yeah, that's what I need is an option of people killing mobs all day."

Yes as an option if quest grinding isn't your thing you can just mob grind all day with a few buddies. I also hear from beta that a few levels (mid level blues) need to be fleshed more with more content and quests and we might have to grind mobs a bit even if we don't want to... Or maybe the devs are just not releasing ALL the quests in the beta. /shrug

(,,,)=^__^=(,,,)

• k11keeperk11keeper Member UncommonPosts: 1,048

Well i don't know about you but it doesn't feel like a real MMO if i can't just get a group of friends and kill the same respawning mobs all day long to get XP. It is nice to mix it up every once and a while and go kill a bunch of mob A and collect X amount of B that drops and bring it back to some NPC that needs it to make something or they've had a pescy infestation and they want proof that you killed the crap you say you killed. I can never get enough of that stuff it's so freaking awesome.

• Khan187Khan187 Member Posts: 168

There is a place called Abyss where you can find stronger mobs and better gear drops. You can kill mobs there all day as well as opposite fraction.

So, this is like a dungeon of other games where a party goes into hunt stronger mobs for drops and better exp.

Abyss mobs are stronger than normal field mobs so it may even be a good challange to defeate a mob of your lvl.

I am not sure whether mobs spawn at same spot everytime or they follow a random spawn table within given area. But I think you will need to move from mob to mob if you were to farm in Abyss.

I guess only time will tell :D

• NeyonNeyon Member Posts: 197

Well, yeah ofc it will contain respawning mobs that you can kill. And the abyss is going to be more than a pvp area with some monsters there. Its pvpve ie a three way battle, with one of the groups ai controlled that is supposed to be just as great a threat as a human player of the other faction.

------------------------------