Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

thank you ea mythic for a game that people cant play

i was so happy when i was able to buy the game foolishly thinking it would run on my system,

FYI : the computer can play eq2 on high settings, guild wars, daoc, wow, and many other games btw.

so anyways.  i get the game installed and patched and and when i push the play button, i get a error occered  warhammer will now terminate.  so as soon as i get this i go in the  debug files to find out what the problem is, i look at the file as it state i fail to reach system requierments because my video card dose not support  VERTEX SHADER 2 ?. funny how ea mythic forgets to put that on the box when they made the game, so i can only assume i need to go out to the store to buy another video card and dish out a good 200 bucks just to play the game.

ea mythic ,  thank you for making a game that me and many others can't play.  with the developers making a game  where we had hopes to play get crushed due to a little program that can cater to only the people who would by chance have a video card that can be supported by corprate greed.

good bye warhammer, hello darkfall. i hope this game dose not dispoint as well.

Comments

• IxnatifualIxnatifual Member Posts: 475

You should probably have read the system requirements before making your purchase. It's stated there which cards are supported.

• banthisbanthis Member Posts: 1,891

Who the heck calls themselves a gamer and owns a video card that can't use Vertex Shader language 2.0?  Hell they're up to 3.0 now.    It was listed agse ago which cards are supported its your own fault for having no idea what your doing.

• PyrostasisPyrostasis Member UncommonPosts: 2,293
    Originally posted by banthis

Who the heck calls themselves a gamer and owns a video card that can't use Vertex Shader language 2.0?  Hell they're up to 3.0 now.    It was listed agse ago which cards are supported its your own fault for having no idea what your doing.

Obviously this is someone that common sense isnt going to work on... let him go.

• checkthis500checkthis500 Member Posts: 1,236
    Originally posted by lorndarken

i was so happy when i was able to buy the game foolishly thinking it would run on my system,
    FYI : the computer can play eq2 on high settings, guild wars, daoc, wow, and many other games btw.
    so anyways.  i get the game installed and patched and and when i push the play button, i get a error occered  warhammer will now terminate.  so as soon as i get this i go in the  debug files to find out what the problem is, i look at the file as it state i fail to reach system requierments because my video card dose not support  VERTEX SHADER 2 ?. funny how ea mythic forgets to put that on the box when they made the game, so i can only assume i need to go out to the store to buy another video card and dish out a good 200 bucks just to play the game.
    ea mythic ,  thank you for making a game that me and many others can't play.  with the developers making a game  where we had hopes to play get crushed due to a little program that can cater to only the people who would by chance have a video card that can be supported by corprate greed.

I'm willing to bet that darkfall will have the same Shader 2.0 requirement.  A lot of games that have came out in the last year require it.

The only reason that may not be the case is the fact that darkfall has been in development so long they might not have had the option for shader 2.0 that long ago.

---------------------------------------------
    I live to fight, and fight to live.

• GoldknyghtGoldknyght Member UncommonPosts: 1,519

Actually shader 4.1, i have shader 4.0 though. Thank you EA mythic for putting on the box Shader 2.0 or higher graphics card. =P

• lorndarkenlorndarken Member Posts: 279

yes it was listed with what video cards that may support the game,

windows xp , check

2.5ghz  p4 processor or equivalent , check

1 gb with xp  or more, check

hard drive at least 15 gb , check

direct x 9.0 or later and sound check and check

and in the tiny print, pixel shader 2.0, check with a 128 mb video card, check

nope, can't find anything about a vertex shader 2 on the box anywhere . hmm it must be hidden like some sorta code where if you take the letters and arrange them in a way you would come up with that.  man i knew i should of brought my cracker jack box decoder ring with me when i was looking at the box before i bought  the game,

thanks guys. ill be sure to do that next time  .

Darkfall will most definitly use Shader 2.0 or higher...Shader 2.0 has been around for almost 5 years now.   His video card must be ancient...which would explain why wow and daoc run perfectly..but not EQ2...i find it odd he can run EQ2 without shader language 2.0 unless the EQ2 engine allows for all shaders to be turned off (probably does since it was such a shitty resource hog at launch).

IF a game says Pixel Shader 2.0...that means Vertex Shader 2.0 as well...you can't use Vertex Shader 1.0 and Pixel Shader 2.0 together...the DLLs dont' work that way...even my OLD video card is better than your current one rofl.  Hell my friend' scrappy 7300LE is better than yours and it runs WAR Just fine with minimal lag.

• GoldknyghtGoldknyght Member UncommonPosts: 1,519

vertex shader is a graphics card that is direct x 9 line. if you have a 2.0 pixel shader you have a 2.0 vertex shader.

• checkthis500checkthis500 Member Posts: 1,236

yes it was listed with what video cards that may support the game,
    windows xp , check
    2.5ghz  p4 processor or equivalent , check
    1 gb with xp  or more, check
    hard drive at least 15 gb , check
    direct x 9.0 or later and sound check and check
    and in the tiny print, pixel shader 2.0, check with a 128 mb video card, check
    nope, can't find anything about a vertex shader 2 on the box anywhere . hmm it must be hidden like some sorta code where if you take the letters and arrange them in a way you would come up with that.  man i knew i should of brought my cracker jack box decoder ring with me when i was looking at the box before i bought  the game,

thanks guys. ill be sure to do that next time  .

What video card do you have?  You still haven't stated that.

---------------------------------------------
    I live to fight, and fight to live.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,509

Unfortunately the nature of PC gaming is you must continually upgrade your hardware and drivers, especially in the area of video cards.

And you could buy a 100.00 card that would run WAR just fine, I've got a cheap desktop from Acer (450.00) that I bought this spring and it can run WAR (on low settings of course).

One mistake many folks make is in assuming that because their past games ran fine, the new ones will.  Past performance is no indicator of future results.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• c0nan999c0nan999 Member Posts: 15

i suppose your on a 56k modem with AOL still too. jesus christ man.

gameing is a hobby not a luxury.

• ClanzerClanzer Member Posts: 30

Use www.canyourunit.com before buying a game, it will tell you if you can play it properly or not.

i've got a  intel 82915G/GV/910GL  Express Chipset Family

yes it is a older video card , but it is capable of playing many games on it.

i've got a  intel 82915G/GV/910GL  Express Chipset Family
    yes it is a older video card , but it is capable of playing many games on it.

....an integrated video card..well that explains it.   Just because it can run 'many games' and most of the oens you listed are ancient and had seriously LOW requirements in the first place (especially DAoC which is an ancient game) doesn't mean it'll run a brand spanking new game out of the box.  I can tell you right now Fallout3, Diablo 3,  probably even Starcraft 3, Oblivion, Spore, Crysis definitly, will NEVER run on your machine.   I still find it hard to believe EQ2 runs on your machine...my old computer (when the game came out) barely ran it properly.

Ingrated video cards are NOT made for gaming their made for computer illiterate people who want to surf the internet and write document files.

• fluxenfluxen Member UncommonPosts: 40

Every pc game that is sold has a system requirements list on it which will list which cards are compatible, make the effort to read it next time instead of making yourself look an idiot by blaming the game makers.  Its your responsibility as the pc owner to check YOUR PC specs.

Warhammer is a brand new game those you listed are all nearly four years old.  Also you could get a card a lot cheaper then 200 bucks don't start making up random numbers.

• PraxusPraxus Member Posts: 266

Spend a few bucks and buy a real video card. Heck shader 3.0 cards have been out for months - a shader 2.0 card should be prettty cheap.

• eosyneeosyne Member UncommonPosts: 392

if your card doesn't even have support for that i highly doubt your eq2 plays that well.

• AsiakAsiak Member Posts: 118

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that I don't think you're going to be able to run Darkfall, your going to need to upgrade. 

And come to think of it I am also rather surprised that your able to run EQ2.  On my old computer I had a simmilar integrated Intel graphics card and the most I was able to run was Star Wars Galaxies, WoW, and EQ1.

"What is it that the gamers want from these games and why is it not given to them? We were playing these games ourselves, that's why we know it was not being done. So we moved in the opposite direction. We thought about what the users wanted, what we wanted, and why it wasn't happening and how it could happen." - Tasos Flambouras

well it looks like this will be the case regardless.  i found a video card for 49.99 that should help, as for the canirunit site, went their and it said i passed on everything except the video card it self.

and to the one poster that made the claim that i call myself a hardcore gamer ? did i say i was ? answer no.

you guys can mock me but remember im not alone with the same problem.  with times that are tough with money , i cant go to the store and simply buy  a 3,000 dollar computer  like some people on here can, and  i was just exspecting to be playing on my computer , just like many others before me  a great mmorpg.

as for the advice , thanks guys, as for the backlash , go jump off a bridge.

• brostynbrostyn Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,092

I'm sorry, but you don't run EQ2 on high settings with an integrated card. I'm skeptical that you can run EQ2 at all. Kyleran had a perfect solution. Here you go, an 80 dollar card. I use this, and run WAR on max settings.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150285

• LydonLydon Member UncommonPosts: 2,938

I used to use an intergrated card. The water in Guild Wars looked like a mass of nothingness. You may have been able to run the game, but you weren't running it properly.

This is 2008. Sooner or later people have to switch over to better technologies. Unfortunately for you, the switch was made some time ago. Vertex Shader 3 is out already. Many of the cheapest of Nvidia cards have that feature.

• RollotamasiRollotamasi Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 898

I think what you mean to say was "Thank you EA Mythic for a game some people can't play". 

-Currently looking forward to FFXIV

-Currently playing EvE and Global Agenda

• WeaponXWeaponX Member Posts: 241

You dont have to spend $3000 on a computer to run War I just bought my wife a $399 computer off of tigerdirect and it runs the game on high settings with little to no vid lag.

Check newegg and tigerdirect for a card you should beable to get one around $30 with shader 2. But I would buy a better one if you are planing on playing Darkfall if and when it is released because I think you will have a harder time getting it to run then you will War.

Assassin's like to do it in the dark and from behind.

• LydonLydon Member UncommonPosts: 2,938
    Originally posted by Rollotamasi

I think what you mean to say was "Thank you EA Mythic for a game a very small minority can't play". 

Fixed.

• KrazcoKrazco Member Posts: 167

do you really expect a playstation 3 game to run on playstation 1..

200 bucks cant even be called money, because it's pocket dust.. if thats mutch money, than its maby time to quit playing games, and start working..

pc these days is so cheap its laughable... but the sad thing imo is that this game dosnt run on mac, thats one of the reasons i liked wow..

Want to play: Lego Universe