Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WAR becomes another grind fest post level 22+

12346»

Comments

• CladaClada Member Posts: 168
    Originally posted by Getalife

Originally posted by Clada

I agree with ISELIN. A game which is not even one month old and people already complaining about slow leveling. What's the rush anways? thats why i despise so called hardcore gamers. they ruin it for everyone else who doesnt spend 24 hours in front of PC.

Just like how I could not tell the combat was slow until in the first month right?

Slow leveling might not be fun for everyone.

When do you not agree with someone that says something postive about WAR?  When it's neagtive your all over them like they are speading the plague.

There is difference between being negative and lying. You people just try your level best but honestly you all lack facts. Just like your whining about *NO AOC STYLE COMBAT IN WAR*. Which is explained to you why it's so absurd to even consider something like that.

I have no problem with negative opinion, but i have big problem with stupidity.

And who are you to say who is stupid???

Where did I say "NO AOC STYLE COMBAT IN WAR" where? I would love to see it!

Maybe your to stupid to read that what I said was "The combat is weak and slow paced"

Do you know what a fact is?

I can surely think that Warhammer combat is slow, it does not need to be a fact! where is your fact that the not slow?  It's called a personal opinion not a fact.

I hope people actually look at your post history and see what you do on the AOC forums and here.  You say honesty, where are those AOC screens you said you were going to post last week? and why are you quoting things I never said?

Grow up and understand that not everyone is going to agree with what you say, and thats fine. 

------------------------------
    Check out some of the mmo's I have played:
    http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/129987/page/1

PC STATS:
    - Q9550
    - Evga GTX 280 SSC x2 (SLI)
    - 8GB DDR3
    - Nforce 790i Ultra

• GetalifeGetalife Member CommonPosts: 786

I agree with ISELIN. A game which is not even one month old and people already complaining about slow leveling. What's the rush anways? thats why i despise so called hardcore gamers. they ruin it for everyone else who doesnt spend 24 hours in front of PC.

Just like how I could not tell the combat was slow until in the first month right?

When do you not agree with someone that says something postive about WAR?  When it's neagtive your all over them like they are speading the plague.

There is difference between being negative and lying. You people just try your level best but honestly you all lack facts. Just like your whining about *NO AOC STYLE COMBAT IN WAR*. Which is explained to you why it's so absurd to even consider something like that.

Maybe your to stupid to read that what I said was "The combat is weak and slow paced"

I can surely think that Warhammer combat is slow, it does not need to be a fact! where is your fact that the not slow?  It's called a personal opinion not a fact.

I hope people actually look at your post history and see what you do on the AOC forums and here.  You say honesty, where are those AOC screens you said you were going to post last week? and why are you quoting things I never said?

Grow up and understand that not everyone is going to agree with what you say, and thats fine. 

Why don't you post your own topic before i embarrass you? not here to service you so i will post screenshots when i like. But that's not the point. Your whole rant over  combat is weak ended up in comparison to AOC. Seriously, why you like to make youself look like an idiot? so either you post the link here yourself or i will do the favor to you and make you look like another AOC fanboy who just come here to troll WAR.

Yeah i hope people look at my post history and yours to see who is the real troll here. You failed miserably last time but you just don't give up do you? so post the link or i will do it for you.

• trevornortrevornor Member Posts: 154

Well, saying combat is slow is very non-specific. I hope you do not mind answering a question to get better details for feedback.

When you say slow, do you mean the animations are slow, that the auto attack is slower than most games, the cooldown between special attacks seems slow, or that it takes 5-10 sec to kill an opponent instead of 1 or 2 shotting?

Thank you for your time.

• eosyneeosyne Member UncommonPosts: 392

sure, if you can consider 18 levels a "grind fest"

• HensenLirosHensenLiros Member Posts: 461

You guys are probably leveling wrong or something then. I finished leveling my second 40 character on the 29th and none of them have over 120 hours of total playtime, and I really don't think that this can be considered a lot. I also didn't grind levels, just leveled with a mix of quests, PQs and RvR.

Ultima Online 98~04
    Dark Age of Camelot 03~07
    Final Fantasy XI 04~06
    Guild Wars 05~08
    World of Warcraft 04~05
    Unsuccessful Tries: DFO/EQ2/DRaja/Rag/Req/RYL/9D/Cabal/KO/PSU/RF/GE/TO/TR/DDO/EVE/LoTRO/L2/RZ/SWG/VG

• AtohAtoh Member UncommonPosts: 107

Really, anyone that thinks ANY western MMO is a grind fest has probably never played a korean MMO...

• _Shadowmage_Shadowmage Member Posts: 1,459

Originally posted by HensenLiros
    You guys are probably leveling wrong or something then. I finished leveling my second 40 character on the 29th and none of them have over 120 hours of total playtime, and I really don't think that this can be considered a lot. I also didn't grind levels, just leveled with a mix of quests, PQs and RvR.

Wow - just wow. You need to get a life :) 2 characters to 40 by the 29th. Thats 2 in 2 weeks (+ a few days more if you had head start) and not more than 120 hours total playtime on the toon. So 120 hours gaming in a week. Thats just crazy man :)

I have one toon at almost 15 and one at 12. Thats with 2 days head start, a job, kids, chores, eating, sleeping, traveling etc. I just cant imagine spending that much time in a game in such a short period. My gaming is < 100 hours a month.

Originally posted by _Shadowmage

Wow - just wow. You need to get a life :) 2 characters to 40 by the 29th. Thats 2 in 2 weeks (+ a few days more if you had head start) and not more than 120 hours total playtime on the toon. So 120 hours gaming in a week. Thats just crazy man :)

I have one toon at almost 15 and one at 12. Thats with 2 days head start, a job, kids, chores, eating, sleeping, traveling etc. I just cant imagine spending that much time in a game in such a short period. My gaming is < 100 hours a month.

Just doing basic math..

2 toons @120 hours

2 weeks playtime (14 days, that's including full CE headstart roughly)

120/14= roughly 17 hours of playtime a day?

Hmmm is about the extent of my comment on this.

• gizbuggizbug Member Posts: 36

Can you say "lives at home, in the basement with parents, with no job?"

L A U G H

Why don't you post your own topic before i embarrass you? not here to service you so i will post screenshots when i like. But that's not the point. Your whole rant over  combat is weak ended up in comparison to AOC. Seriously, why you like to make youself look like an idiot? so either you post the link here yourself or i will do the favor to you and make you look like another AOC fanboy who just come here to troll WAR.

Yeah i hope people look at my post history and yours to see who is the real troll here. You failed miserably last time but you just don't give up do you? so post the link or i will do it for you.

Uhhh ? http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/204469

Why dont you go pull out that quote? Or are you still trying to figure out what that is?

Dude your in a one way tunnel, with no way out. You keep shooting yourself in the foot. You use terms and dont know what they mean. Look at my post history to see how i have been a troll and then compare it to yours. EVERY thread you are in, either on the AOC forum or here you are either calling people idiots or being called one.

You constaly sidestep everything. Learn what a troll is, learn what the word quote means and learn that not everything you say is God's gamings word. You answerd nothing from my previous post other then calling me another stupid name, your 28 and still a joke.

PC STATS:
    - Q9550
    - 8GB DDR3
    - Nforce 790i Ultra

• HensenLirosHensenLiros Member Posts: 461
    Originally posted by trevornor

Just doing basic math..

2 toons @120 hours I don't remind saying that they both have 120 hours of playtime. I said "none of them have over 120 hours". You can read it again if you want.

2 weeks playtime (14 days, that's including full CE headstart roughly) 16 days including CE heardstart. Learn math.

120/14= roughly 17 hours of playtime a day? 120/14 is 8.5, buddy. Even so, the information is wrong. 2x100 / 16 would be more accurate, which is 12 hours and 30 minutes per day. Plus I'm off work (nuclear power plant safety analysis, 2 months working 1 month off). And I'm writing my own guides for my website.

Hmmm is about the extent of my comment on this I earn more than you do by working less is about the extent of my comment on this.

EDIT: I'm sick of people saying shit like that. Someone plays 80 hours in a week and that means they have no girlfriend, job nor own house! Have you people ever heard of hyposomnia? Monthly shifts? Even if I were fucking unemployed, what the heck. I sleep around 3 hours per day and had absolutely no work during this month, which means I had 630 free hours during this month. 21 full free hours per day. And you want me to fucking swim at the beach or date my girlfriend at 3 AM? 3 sleep hours means I have 6 free hours between 23:00 and 08:00. And playing 6 hours between 08:00 and 23:00 is really that absurd? That's usualy the time people are awake, and unlike them I don't have a work shift there. Believe me, you have way less of a life than me. Your days last like what, 14 hours? My days last 21. That means I "live" 50% more than you, smartface. And guess what? I also have to work only during 2 months every 3! Which is more 240 hours I live more than you every 3 months (2.6 hours per day!). How do you feel about that? I was able to go on with two colleges at the same time (nuclear engineering + philosophy) while people lack time to even keep on one. As for that other poster above, I moved out of my parent's house 10 years ago, buddy.

Ultima Online 98~04
    Dark Age of Camelot 03~07
    Final Fantasy XI 04~06
    Guild Wars 05~08
    World of Warcraft 04~05
    Unsuccessful Tries: DFO/EQ2/DRaja/Rag/Req/RYL/9D/Cabal/KO/PSU/RF/GE/TO/TR/DDO/EVE/LoTRO/L2/RZ/SWG/VG

• IxnatifualIxnatifual Member Posts: 475

Grindfest? Not so much. At least not any more than other MMOs such as WoW and LOtrO. Personally I've leveled through a combination of PvE, instanced and open RvR, and I haven't even needed to leave the Empire vs Chaos battle front yet (in tier 3 at the moment).

• nogardnaznogardnaz Member Posts: 111
    Originally posted by DAS1337
    Originally posted by sabutai22

So a few thing Mythic has lied about;

1. RvR / PvP is ruled by Level (over) Gear (over) skill. No matter how good a player(s) is/are they CAN NOT compete against a group that out level(s) them by any means.Obviously.. do you think it would be fair to be able to beat people 3-4 levels higher than you?  Try thinking for a minute about that.

And why wouldn't it be fair? What makes it so unfair that someone could consistently beat another player with a character 3-4 levels higher than his own? Why don't you try thinking? How are you that narrow minded and stupid?

So for Mythic having said 60% Skill and 40% Gear is incorrect and false, its more like 80% Level, 19% Gear and 1% Skill (And Skill is debatable since the game will auto turn you if someone tried to stay out of your LoS, not much skill in that!)Again, when we're all rank 40, let's see what happens.  I'm tired of casuals pissing and moaning about not being able to compete with hardcores at the outset.  Isn't it reasonable that if someone is playing 12 hours a day, rather than 2 hours a day.. they'll be higher in rank, have better gear, and be more experienced in RvR?

That's cute, you mention, "experienced in RvR" yet your entire argument revolves around levels and gear giving an absolute advantage. What's the point of RvR/PvP experience when, in your armchair designer opinion, levels and gear should be an absolute determining factor in every battle? Oh man, you look really stupid now.

The best part is that you basically admit to being content with the idea that PvP doesn't need to be skill oriented until max and then, just 2 responses down you'll admit that you won't have anything to do once you hit max. Amazing.

Gear also plays a huge role, Anyone that goes into Tier 2 Scenarios with their T1 Gear will not have enough DPS compared to those that are in Tier 2 (with the _LEVEL_ requirement) and their Tier 2 Weapons/Armor.  So. you go from saying gear has little to no role in determining who wins and loses.. to saying it has a HUGE role.  Think before typing.  Duh, if you are rank 11 with rank 11 gear and you are fighting rank 21's with rank 21 gear, what exactly do you think will happen?  There is no game out there that will let level 1's compete with max levels.

That's interesting, 19% somehow = "little to no role" to you. That's some weird logic. Were you valedictorian at a remedial school? Oh and, since you're completely ignorant, there have been games to allow much lesser developed characters to compete with more developed characters: Asheron's Call, Ultima Online and EVE. There's probably more, I just can't think of any others off the top of my head. Man, that really blows away any credibility you had left.

2. Empty Tier 3 Scenarios taking hours to que up, making anyone thats level 22 having to run PQ and Quests, this is a _HUGE_ boaring grind;  I've run quests from 22 to 24(current rank) and have noticed little grind.  PQ's actually give you a very good drop rate compared to regular mobs, you gain influence and earn rewards, which in turn, increased you guild rating.  Sure, there is a grind.  But, without any type of timesink, you're going to be sitting there at max level, with nothing to do.  People need to understand.. that in the age of MMO's, you actually have to do some work to get ahead.  Imagine that.

ROFL. You noticed little grind? Let me summarize WAR for you:

You can GRIND PQ's, you can GRIND Scenarios, you can GRIND quests, you can GRIND for kill collectors or you can do RvR.

The only way you could possibly play this game without feeling the grind is by only participating in RvR. You're not fooling anyone but yourself with this bullshit.

PQ - Kills X number of mobs for X number of times (Not Fun)

Quests - Goto location Z find item Y and then Kill X Number of mobs for X number of times (Not Fun)  Give Mythic some alternate suggestions.  I'm also tired of this as well.  Everyone complaining about the same old types of quests.  If you're so smart, give us your idea about how you're going to revolutionize this element of gameplay.  it's like.. OMG, my character has two arms and two legs!  That is so BORING, do something different!!

He's complaining. Why does he have to provide solutions to the problems he lists? Why should he do somebody else's job? Because you say so? HAH. We all know that if he did, you wouldn't even bother reading his wall of text.

RvR (keep seige) - Vastly depends on server and sides, however this once again is ruled mainly by _ZERG_ size followed by number of higher _LEVEL_ players in said _ZERG_ and finally by the active guilds that cordinate said keep seiges.  WRONG.  I've been there and done this... I've helped 2-3 other people defend keeps against 12+ players.  Actually, I've noticed the complete opposite.  Our server is full on destruction.. but I rarely see large warbands running about.  I've had one battle of 30v30 and that's pretty much it.  Population caps in my opinion.. need to be raised a lot.  

It's always silly when someone says something like "30v30." Did you sit and count heads or did they do that for you? Why should I believe anything you said when you clearly lied about that? In fact, it was probably 10 of you dumbasses, all 5 levels higher than the group you were fighting that most likely consisted of 8 people. You're the kind of person that lies his ass off, so I wouldn't be surprised.

I truely hope Mythic plans something or has something in store for everyone, as it stands now post _LEVEL_ 22 is boaring, slow and very repetative and starting an ALT is even worse since you have to do the entire _SAME_ path all over again! Its bad enough the _LEVEL_ curve is huge and slow!  There are three different pairings.  I've stuck to the empire pairing as a Warrior Priest about 90% of the time.  If I make another character and it's a different race, I will get a whole new set of quests and areas to explore through.  If I pick the same race.. then I can still go to another area.  Tell me exactly.. what other games give you a completely dynamic leveling process?  Oh wait, in WAR you can PvP to 40.  I guess not even that is enough for you.

First off, no, because the only way to minimize the grind in this game is to go to other races' zones and do shit there. So you probably won't experience an entirely different experience unless, like you, you sat through the huge grind the first time around.

Tell me, how is leveling to max through PvP dynamic in WAR? You're not going to get anywhere anytime soon doing world RvR for all your ranks, so you're going to resort to the same handful of scenarios where you fight the same handful of classes with the same bullshit rewards.. That's a grind, chief.

There have been plenty of MMOs with great character progression but, you obviously don't know jack shit about MMOs so I guess you wouldn't understand.

This my friends.. is someone just bitching and moaning about not being giving everything on a silver platter.  In life, you have to work for everything that you get... why would a company that is interested in making money.. give you everything to start?  Some people need to sit back and think..

You entirely missed the point of his post. Mythic said things would be a certain way, and he is saying they did not meet up to that promise. He doesn't want to be given "everything on a silver platter." He wants what he was told he was going to get. Just because you enjoy the game so much (somehow) doesn't invalidate anything he said. I don't know why I even bothered responding though, considering you're too much of a moron to even realize the gravity of what was just handed to you (besides your own ass).

• freakworldfreakworld Member Posts: 67

ya getting real sick of the 20's. Dreading the 30's/

• ErewerErewer Member Posts: 27

GRIND IS IN YOURS HEADS !

in game where you can gain exp throught PvP? grind? go WoW than lol ..... make guilds , group

this game is farer away  from grind than any other games.

in band of friends you ll gain ranks much more faster.

if you wanna be lonely hero than you play WoW OR Diablo (WoW principes are improved Diablo principes for me) WAR = !GROUP! RVR PVP MMORPG

PROBLEM IS IN PEOPLEs HEAD

• bbmcnairbbmcnair Member Posts: 45

you can get to 40 in a few days, but obviously the noobs won't be doing this.

and combat does require a lot of skill. maybe you're just bad?

• mylin1mylin1 Member UncommonPosts: 138

Despite having flaws (doesnt every game) calling WAR a grind is a joke, when you have questing, open rvr, closed rvr, public quests to choose from, several different zones to play in each teir, option of finding random rewards by just wandering about or running around naked...,if this game is a grind to you, quit all mmo's cause I cant think of any other game ive played (and ive been playing online games since BBS days) that is LESS than a grind than WAR

Why dont you go pull out that quote? Or are you still trying to figure out what that is?

Dude your in a one way tunnel, with no way out. You keep shooting yourself in the foot. You use terms and dont know what they mean. Look at my post history to see how i have been a troll and then compare it to yours. EVERY thread you are in, either on the AOC forum or here you are either calling people idiots or being called one.

You constaly sidestep everything. Learn what a troll is, learn what the word quote means and learn that not everything you say is God's gamings word. You answerd nothing from my previous post other then calling me another stupid name, your 28 and still a joke.

Yeah sure after checking my post history how many replies you can find on AOC forums? now compare it with the nonsense you keep writing. In your own little world you make all the sense. But thats all in your head. I don't understand. For you WAR combat sucks and AOC has the better system. Infact, your opinion AOC is a superior game then why are you here? if thats not trolling than what it is? oh and don' tell me you are here to give your opinions. You are just venting your frustration because not everyone thinks the same way like you and jumped into your HATE WAR bandwagon.

You can post as many thread as you like on AOC forums who is stopping you? you came here thinking that everyone will agree with you. You tried hard but you failed. You are trying to latch on, so i suggest let it go..

I quote from the link you posted....

Yeah, the music sucks so turn your own on - great fix!

Your right, there is AOC and a bunch of other great mmo's that don't use your "standard" mmo formula.

Ok not that i laughed on WAR music sucks comment but here you clearly trying to prove AOC is superior game. Now i don't  mind if people give there opinion if they are discussing WAR on its own merit but why to compare two games which have no comparison at all?

So a user Thexreporter disagreed with you and said..

They should know how combat is.

Its better than WoW and AoC.

Im glad we agree.

And your response....

If your going to say that, fine.

Why is it better? At least back what you say up.

Ok he didn't back up. But what was the amazing reason you gave to sway opinions of thousands of WAR fans in believing that AOC combat is better?

Another quote...

So i have been playing alot of AOC, decided to pick this game up. Created a dwarf rune priest and all i gota say is this combat system is WEAK.

My rune priest slowly swings his arms around as he cast spells and then I just repeat the system again by clicking the same button. This combat system feels so outdated!! Even the combat music sucks.

Now that's a great reasoning. You convinced me.

More of your wisdom...

I know alot of people (myself included) who are not re subing, so who are you to say AOC faild?

I dont get what you mean by "there is so much to do", the OP clearly listed what bugged him about the game. The fact that the game is so slow paced and none of the classes fit his play sytle is more then enough reason to leave. What is so much to do? RVR? PVE? all of which would be effected by what he does not like.

More whining about the same combat...

I agree with the OP, the game is to slow. If it was faster paced (combat speed wise) I think i would enjoy it.

And yet more whining..

already canned mine. Combat is to slow, no real "fresh" ideas.

To the people talking about the game hitching and system req's. I have 8gb or ram, Quad sli geforce 9800gx2, 2.8 quad core processor and guess what - i still get hitches!!! for a game that looks how it does, very very poor performance.

And yes AOC is full of fresh ideas.

And there is so much more crying about the same COMBAT  thing that i can't quote all of them here. People can check for themselves how much time you spend on game board which you absolutely despise.

I dont hate it, I just think it really feels like an "Ancient" mmo. Considering what was done in WOW and DAOC, I can't really say that in six years this was the mmo I was hoping for from Mythic.

And still you won't tell us what's so great and revolutionary about  MODERN MMO AOC. Because when i played it, i couldn't find anything new about it. Except that running around alone in instances make you feel like next gen.

So much negativity for WAR but when someone says one bad thing about AOC on WAR forums here are your replies...

Hmm I dont agree with you.

LOTRO has zones set up just like AOC with load times to each dugeon and most cities.

COH/COV exact same thing, load to zone in, load to zone to quest dugeon - repeat.

Sure maybe the loadtimes in AOC will be longer (depdnding on your pc) but the graphics can't be compared to any of those games.

I really dont want to make it seem like i'm bashing or anything, i just really never understood this point. As for the sound in the INV, i think the sound in general is lacking. I love music in games, EQ2, AOC, LOTRO all did a really good job with sound.

More in defense of AOC...

Load screens killed AOC for you yet they never bugged you in LOTR, Hellgate, GW, or COH/COV ?

You can tell this OP is a kid. No adult would go on record saying that crap without being able to back any of it up.

I just did a few min of research.

- Avg review of 84% (AOC is at 85%

Now you see i wouldn't mind taking you seriously if you were not such a biased AOC fanboy. People like you were the reason why i stopped posting on AOC official forums and now on MMORPG section of AOC. I even canceled my sub because that's they same kind of attitude in game community represents.

You think i am stupid and can't see what an amazing troll you are? your whining goes on and on. People who give opinion give it once or twice to make a point. They don't go on and on beating around the bush.

You even love AOC loading screens and can't take one negative comment about it and still you find so many problems with WAR. You ignored the FACT that WAR is couple of weeks old and had the best launch in MMO history.

You ignored the FACT that  AOC was and is 100 times more bugged than WAR and is full of instances, has no open seamless world, PVP is laughable; FUNCOM did nothing but lied (yeah go read the box on list of features). Back when AOC was released it was also a GRINDFEST. I was there in beta and when game was released you hardly had any content when you hit 40. How did you think people got maxed levels back than?

But still here you are crying about slow leveling curve, bad combat system, bugs and bad music when you have no problems with broken game like AOC. Now tell me why should i take any word coming out of your mouth seriously?

• DreadbladeDreadblade Member Posts: 384

Honestly I quit this game after waiting years for it mainly due to all the reasons the OP stated and from what I see a really deluded player base. They want a game to be better then WoW sooo bad they can't see what a peice of shit this game really is.

No PvE of any quality to speak of, if you call these PQs real PvE something is not working upstairs for you.

The RvR is a ZERG, nothing more nothing less,  SWG Pre CU open PvP was 100% better then this and classes did really have a role as was DAOC.

Game cleint is fair at best.

Animations blow period and the sounds that go with them are worse!

Server Pops determine who controls the keeps most of the time.

In six months once the newness wears off these boards are going to be brutal towards Mythic, They screwed up DAOC and they will here as well, and yes I was a beta tester and many of the bugs that were in beta are still in game now.

Yeah sure after checking my post history how many replies you can find on AOC forums? now compare it with the nonsense you keep writing. In your own little world you make all the sense. But thats all in your head. I don't understand. For you WAR combat sucks and AOC has the better system. Infact, your opinion AOC is a superior game then why are you here? if thats not trolling than what it is? oh and don' tell me you are here to give your opinions. You are just venting your frustration because not everyone thinks the same way like you and jumped into your HATE WAR bandwagon.

You can post as many thread as you like on AOC forums who is stopping you? you came here thinking that everyone will agree with you. You tried hard but you failed. You are trying to latch on, so i suggest let it go..

I quote from the link you posted....

Yeah, the music sucks so turn your own on - great fix!

Your right, there is AOC and a bunch of other great mmo's that don't use your "standard" mmo formula.

Ok not that i laughed on WAR music sucks comment but here you clearly trying to prove AOC is superior game. Now i don't  mind if people give there opinion if they are discussing WAR on its own merit but why to compare two games which have no comparison at all?

So a user Thexreporter disagreed with you and said..

They should know how combat is.

Its better than WoW and AoC.

Im glad we agree.

And your response....

If your going to say that, fine.

Why is it better? At least back what you say up.

Ok he didn't back up. But what was the amazing reason you gave to sway opinions of thousands of WAR fans in believing that AOC combat is better?

Another quote...

So i have been playing alot of AOC, decided to pick this game up. Created a dwarf rune priest and all i gota say is this combat system is WEAK.

My rune priest slowly swings his arms around as he cast spells and then I just repeat the system again by clicking the same button. This combat system feels so outdated!! Even the combat music sucks.

Now that's a great reasoning. You convinced me.

More of your wisdom...

I know alot of people (myself included) who are not re subing, so who are you to say AOC faild?

I dont get what you mean by "there is so much to do", the OP clearly listed what bugged him about the game. The fact that the game is so slow paced and none of the classes fit his play sytle is more then enough reason to leave. What is so much to do? RVR? PVE? all of which would be effected by what he does not like.

More whining about the same combat...

I agree with the OP, the game is to slow. If it was faster paced (combat speed wise) I think i would enjoy it.

And yet more whining..

already canned mine. Combat is to slow, no real "fresh" ideas.

To the people talking about the game hitching and system req's. I have 8gb or ram, Quad sli geforce 9800gx2, 2.8 quad core processor and guess what - i still get hitches!!! for a game that looks how it does, very very poor performance.

And yes AOC is full of fresh ideas.

And there is so much more crying about the same COMBAT  thing that i can't quote all of them here. People can check for themselves how much time you spend on game board which you absolutely despise.

I dont hate it, I just think it really feels like an "Ancient" mmo. Considering what was done in WOW and DAOC, I can't really say that in six years this was the mmo I was hoping for from Mythic.

And still you won't tell us what's so great and revolutionary about  MODERN MMO AOC. Because when i played it, i couldn't find anything new about it. Except that running around alone in instances make you feel like next gen.

So much negativity for WAR but when someone says one bad thing about AOC on WAR forums here are your replies...

LOTRO has zones set up just like AOC with load times to each dugeon and most cities.

COH/COV exact same thing, load to zone in, load to zone to quest dugeon - repeat.

Sure maybe the loadtimes in AOC will be longer (depdnding on your pc) but the graphics can't be compared to any of those games.

I really dont want to make it seem like i'm bashing or anything, i just really never understood this point. As for the sound in the INV, i think the sound in general is lacking. I love music in games, EQ2, AOC, LOTRO all did a really good job with sound.

More in defense of AOC...

Load screens killed AOC for you yet they never bugged you in LOTR, Hellgate, GW, or COH/COV ?

You can tell this OP is a kid. No adult would go on record saying that crap without being able to back any of it up.

I just did a few min of research.

- Avg review of 84% (AOC is at 85%

Now you see i wouldn't mind taking you seriously if you were not such a biased AOC fanboy. People like you were the reason why i stopped posting on AOC official forums and now on MMORPG section of AOC. I even canceled my sub because that's they same kind of attitude in game community represents.

You think i am stupid and can't see what an amazing troll you are? your whining goes on and on. People who give opinion give it once or twice to make a point. They don't go on and on beating around the bush.

You even love AOC loading screens and can't take one negative comment about it and still you find so many problems with WAR. You ignored the FACT that WAR is couple of weeks old and had the best launch in MMO history.

You ignored the FACT that  AOC was and is 100 times more bugged than WAR and is full of instances, has no open seamless world, PVP is laughable; FUNCOM did nothing but lied (yeah go read the box on list of features). Back when AOC was released it was also a GRINDFEST. I was there in beta and when game was released you hardly had any content when you hit 40. How did you think people got maxed levels back than?

But still here you are crying about slow leveling curve, bad combat system, bugs and bad music when you have no problems with broken game like AOC. Now tell me why should i take any word coming out of your mouth seriously?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

So you go into my post history and only pull comments which are not even trollig!! Dude what don't YOU GET! trolling is NOT going onto a forum and disagreeing with what someone says. That is not trolling!! Not every thread is going to be full of like minded views!

I'm going to stop talking with you becuase yet again you have proved that you dont understand some key curical meanings, i suggest you stop playing WAR and read a dictionary. Again you tried to say "FACT" when its not a friggen fact LMAO. Who is the Warhammer fanboy?

I love how you never placed in any the good comments i posted about WAR. I think the best part of it all is you constaly bash AOC EVERYWHERE about EVERYTHING (even in your last post) and expect people to believe that you are not a troll.   I was actaully thinking of posting some of your posts, but you log is full of people calling you a moron.

Honestly, GETALIFE.

PC STATS:
    - Q9550
    - 8GB DDR3
    - Nforce 790i Ultra

Originally posted by Dreadblade

Honestly I quit this game after waiting years for it mainly due to all the reasons the OP stated and from what I see a really deluded player base. They want a game to be better then WoW sooo bad they can't see what a peice of shit this game really is.
    No PvE of any quality to speak of, if you call these PQs real PvE something is not working upstairs for you.
    The RvR is a ZERG, nothing more nothing less,  SWG Pre CU open PvP was 100% better then this and classes did really have a role as was DAOC.
    Game cleint is fair at best.
    Animations blow period and the sounds that go with them are worse!
    Server Pops determine who controls the keeps most of the time.
    In six months once the newness wears off these boards are going to be brutal towards Mythic, They screwed up DAOC and they will here as well, and yes I was a beta tester and many of the bugs that were in beta are still in game now.

Watch what you say, GETALIFE will hunt you down.

PC STATS:
    - Q9550
    - 8GB DDR3
    - Nforce 790i Ultra

A biased AOC fanboy teaching me how to engage in fair and balanced discussions? now thats new. All you do is praise AOC and bash WAR. Like i said i don't believe one word coming from your mouth. Stop comparing two week old game with AOC which by the way is still suffering from many bugs and technical difficulties.

There is difference between giving an opinion and spewing lies. if you were just giving opinions it doesn't matter to me.  But you are trying to prove how superior is AOC in every way. Which is absurd considering difference between two games.

And i still have to see one positive comment from you regarding WAR. Why don't you do me a favour and dig in all the garbage you have been posting here and pull out one positive comment for us? that will make your opinions a lot more credible right?

The fact that you brought up the word AOC in every post about WAR shows what you have been trying to do here. So at least admit that you are a fanboy.

What's funny is you even love loading screens of AOC and still complain so much about WAR, when there is hardly anything to complain. Considering it does best what it was made for and that's PVP. You are right sir, you are not a fanboy i am just delusional and crazy

And i don't know whats fact for you. AOC released with millions of bugs compared to WAR is not a FACT?

FUNCOM lied with DX 10, PVP seiges and many other features on the box is not a FACT?

It had a very bad LAUNCH, with very less content and was nothing but a grindfest to level is not a FACT?

Ok right. Thats what make you a a very good AOC fanboy. Ignorance is bliss for all of you. Next time check your facts before pointing fingers at me. Now go play your superior and modern MMO and leave us with our inferior WAR.

Originally posted by trevornor

Just doing basic math..

2 toons @120 hours I don't remind saying that they both have 120 hours of playtime. I said "none of them have over 120 hours". You can read it again if you want.

2 weeks playtime (14 days, that's including full CE headstart roughly) 16 days including CE heardstart. Learn math.

120/14= roughly 17 hours of playtime a day? 120/14 is 8.5, buddy. Even so, the information is wrong. 2x100 / 16 would be more accurate, which is 12 hours and 30 minutes per day. Plus I'm off work (nuclear power plant safety analysis, 2 months working 1 month off). And I'm writing my own guides for my website.

Hmmm is about the extent of my comment on this I earn more than you do by working less is about the extent of my comment on this.

EDIT: I'm sick of people saying shit like that. Someone plays 80 hours in a week and that means they have no girlfriend, job nor own house! Have you people ever heard of hyposomnia? Monthly shifts? Even if I were fucking unemployed, what the heck. I sleep around 3 hours per day and had absolutely no work during this month, which means I had 630 free hours during this month. 21 full free hours per day. And you want me to fucking swim at the beach or date my girlfriend at 3 AM? 3 sleep hours means I have 6 free hours between 23:00 and 08:00. And playing 6 hours between 08:00 and 23:00 is really that absurd? That's usualy the time people are awake, and unlike them I don't have a work shift there. Believe me, you have way less of a life than me. Your days last like what, 14 hours? My days last 21. That means I "live" 50% more than you, smartface. And guess what? I also have to work only during 2 months every 3! Which is more 240 hours I live more than you every 3 months (2.6 hours per day!). How do you feel about that? I was able to go on with two colleges at the same time (nuclear engineering + philosophy) while people lack time to even keep on one. As for that other poster above, I moved out of my parent's house 10 years ago, buddy.

Well, to respond. Yes, I forgot a times 2 in there.

I will simply say something I would say to a friend that is doing an stationary activity over 8 hours a day. It is unhealthy to be in front of a computer (TV, XBox ect) for more than 8 hours. Heck, going 4 hours at a time can wear down your body conciderably. I said "Hmmmmm" because on the surface, what I was seeing was pretty unhealthy in the long term and obviously did not have all the details. SO even if I had all the actual details (12.5 hours a day) My concern about the effects on your health (mental as well as physical) would still fairly valid.

As a side note, I did not make a comment on your worth as a person being tied to how much money you make. And to be blunt, it doesn't matter to the concern above. It effects everyone.

I hope you have a better day today than how yesterday apparently affected you. My purpose was not to insult.

A biased AOC fanboy teaching me how to engage in fair and balanced discussions? now thats new. All you do is praise AOC and bash WAR. Like i said i don't believe one word coming from your mouth. Stop comparing two week old game with AOC which by the way is still suffering from many bugs and technical difficulties.
    There is difference between giving an opinion and spewing lies. if you were just giving opinions it doesn't matter to me.  But you are trying to prove how superior is AOC in every way. Which is absurd considering difference between two games.
    And i still have to see one positive comment from you regarding WAR. Why don't you do me a favour and dig in all the garbage you have been posting here and pull out one positive comment for us? that will make your opinions a lot more credible right?

The fact that you brought up the word AOC in every post about WAR shows what you have been trying to do here. So at least admit that you are a fanboy.
    What's funny is you even love loading screens of AOC and still complain so much about WAR, when there is hardly anything to complain. Considering it does best what it was made for and that's PVP. You are right sir, you are not a fanboy i am just delusional and crazy
    And i don't know whats fact for you. AOC released with millions of bugs compared to WAR is not a FACT?
    FUNCOM lied with DX 10, PVP seiges and many other features on the box is not a FACT?
    It had a very bad LAUNCH, with very less content and was nothing but a grindfest to level is not a FACT?

Ok right. Thats what make you a a very good AOC fanboy. Ignorance is bliss for all of you. Next time check your facts before pointing fingers at me. Now go play your superior and modern MMO and leave us with our inferior WAR.

I honestly think your really dumb, like really!

"There is difference between giving an opinion and spewing lies. if you were just giving opinions it doesn't matter to me."

Do you even read what you write? I gave an opinion that the combat in WAR was slow paced.  You don't have a problem with people giving opinions but you have a problem that.  SURE that makes sense! I don't care for the reasons as to why it's slow, for me as a PERSONAL OPIONION ITS SLOW.

"And i still have to see one positive comment from you regarding WAR. Why don't you do me a favour and dig in all the garbage you have been posting here and pull out one positive comment for us? that will make your opinions a lot more credible right?"

Why can't you look yourself? you never had any problem digging though all the others, you actually skipped right over them! Why am i not surprised?

"The fact that you brought up the word AOC in every post about WAR shows what you have been trying to do here. So at least admit that you are a fanboy."

I have?? Please show me where, was i responding to a post about AOC in a WAR thread? Again, look over my post history for that.

"What's funny is you even love loading screens of AOC and still complain so much about WAR, when there is hardly anything to complain. Considering it does best what it was made for and that's PVP. You are right sir, you are not a fanboy i am just delusional and crazy"

How dumb are you? where did i say I loved the loading screens?? you're 28 and still can't read?

Is this what I said?

Now please explain, how do I love loading screens? ohhh yes that's your fanboy immaturity kicking in again.  Makes sense.

When it realsed maybe, but it's been four months what's your point?

Umm ok thanks, where did i say this was not a fact? Do you just pull stuff from where ever you can?

Did you forget the title of this thread?

"Ok right. Thats what make you a a very good AOC fanboy. Ignorance is bliss for all of you. Next time check your facts before pointing fingers at me. Now go play your superior and modern MMO and leave us with our inferior WAR."

Yeah i'm an AOC fanboy that loves and collects MMORPG's, I purchased  and played WAR but  my view on the friggen combat in a game makes me a fanboy.  Wake up loser.

Check out the link in my sig to see if im serious about mmorpg's, I know that being a fanboy of an mmo means nothing.  I like ALOT of mmorpgs. 

I'm not even going to look at what your response is, i'm done dealing you.

GETALIFE

PC STATS:
    - Q9550
    - 8GB DDR3
    - Nforce 790i Ultra

I honestly think your really dumb, like really!

"There is difference between giving an opinion and spewing lies. if you were just giving opinions it doesn't matter to me."

Do you even read what you write? I gave an opinion that the combat in WAR was slow paced.  You don't have a problem with people giving opinions but you have a problem that.  SURE that makes sense! I don't care for the reasons as to why it's slow, for me as a PERSONAL OPIONION ITS SLOW.

"And i still have to see one positive comment from you regarding WAR. Why don't you do me a favour and dig in all the garbage you have been posting here and pull out one positive comment for us? that will make your opinions a lot more credible right?"

Why can't you look yourself? you never had any problem digging though all the others, you actually skipped right over them! Why am i not surprised?

"The fact that you brought up the word AOC in every post about WAR shows what you have been trying to do here. So at least admit that you are a fanboy."

I have?? Please show me where, was i responding to a post about AOC in a WAR thread? Again, look over my post history for that.

"What's funny is you even love loading screens of AOC and still complain so much about WAR, when there is hardly anything to complain. Considering it does best what it was made for and that's PVP. You are right sir, you are not a fanboy i am just delusional and crazy"

How dumb are you? where did i say I loved the loading screens?? you're 28 and still can't read?

Is this what I said?

Now please explain, how do I love loading screens? ohhh yes that's your fanboy immaturity kicking in again.  Makes sense.

When it realsed maybe, but it's been four months what's your point?

Umm ok thanks, where did i say this was not a fact? Do you just pull stuff from where ever you can?

Did you forget the title of this thread?

"Ok right. Thats what make you a a very good AOC fanboy. Ignorance is bliss for all of you. Next time check your facts before pointing fingers at me. Now go play your superior and modern MMO and leave us with our inferior WAR."

Yeah i'm an AOC fanboy that loves and collects MMORPG's, I purchased  and played WAR but  my view on the friggen combat in a game makes me a fanboy.  Wake up loser.

Check out the link in my sig to see if im serious about mmorpg's, I know that being a fanboy of an mmo means nothing.  I like ALOT of mmorpgs. 

I'm not even going to look at what your response is, i'm done dealing you.

GETALIFE

You really love to contradict yourself in every manner. Why should i go in your post history again? didn't i post enough quotes already? go read again your whinning and the word AOC in every freakin whine of yours.

When i give you facts you would tell me i am delusional than in very second post you will say 'when did i say it 's not a fact:'

Your opinion that war has a slow combat, ok fine that's you ropinion. You gave it once and we read it. Thats what mature people do. But no, you have to act like a spoiled brat and go on and on about the same thing everywhere on this board.

Now that's what we call trolling. How many times do we need to read the same whinning? and to make matters worse you compared WAR's combat to AOC? and then try to justify it? while everyoen  tells you why it's not fair to make comparison between two games.

You would even defend AOC loading screen lol thats what's funny. And when it comes to WAR you will only bitch and moan. As long as you give reasonable opinions its fine. You just can't keep on saying something retarded and than put OPINION label on it. There is limit to everything .

And you yourself admitted that AOC is 4 months old. Then why the hell complaining about new game like WAR. Give it four months would you? in that given time it would be in a lot better condition. Considering it was never broken to the extent of AOC.

please stop contradicting yourself. Looks like you are only arguing for the sake of arguing. And i am tired of running around in circles with you.