Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Savanah Heat Elemental Spell Question.

kingofnothinkingofnothin Member Posts: 112

Savannah Heat - Spell [Elite]

Energy: 5

Activation: 2 Duration: 5

Recharge: 25

Spell. You create Savannah Heat at target foe's location. For 5 seconds, all nearby foes take 5..20 damage each second and an additional 5..20 damage for each second this Spell has been in effect.

Can somebody tell me how this really works. I was looking at Guild Wars Wiki, and somebody said it is 15x base value. To me seems like more. I'm looking at it like this just saying it's the make 20, so we don't have to add very much.

Seconds               dps     add. dps

After 1 second     20        20

After 2 seconds   20        40

After 3 seconds   20        60

After 4 seconds   20        80

After 5 seconds   20        100

----------------

100     300

400 Total

If i'm understanding it right, that's how the spell works. To me that's 20x the base damage. Am I understanding it correctly or am I messing up the formula to where it really is 15x. Or was wiki wrong and it really is 20x. I was going to go for the skill, mainly if this is how it works. I already have my 8 main ones. but this would be a good one to sub in for one. Thanks.

Comments

• LydonLydon Member UncommonPosts: 2,938

Well the way I understand it is that it's sort of exponential.  So the first second it will be 20, the next it will be 20 + 20, the next 20 + 40 etc. 

• kingofnothinkingofnothin Member Posts: 112

Alright cool. Yeah so I was pretty much understanding it right. I think i'll pick it up.

• Squal'ZellSqual'Zell Member Posts: 1,803
    Originally posted by Lydon

Well the way I understand it is that it's sort of exponential.  So the first second it will be 20, the next it will be 20 + 20, the next 20 + 40 etc. 

sry just had to post here for this, not on topic either

20 = 20

20+20 = 40

40+20= 60

60+20= 80

thats not exponential, thats linear

does not change the values though, just the wrong use of terminology

trying to make this post sound contructive and not smart ass flamebait

please take it as constructive information

• LydonLydon Member UncommonPosts: 2,938
    Originally posted by Squal'Zell

sry just had to post here for this, not on topic either
    20 = 20
    20+20 = 40
    40+20= 60
    60+20= 80
    thats not exponential, thats linear
    does not change the values though, just the wrong use of terminology
    trying to make this post sound contructive and not smart ass flamebait
    please take it as constructive information

Haha thanks, math has never been my strongpoint!

• ssnautilusssnautilus Member Posts: 373

If you have factions and an elementalist, then this might interest you as well:

Shockwave

Earth | Spell | Factions Energy Cost 10 Casting Time 0.75 Recharge Time 15 Adrenaline Cost 0

Adjacent foes take 15...60 earth damage, nearby foes take 15...60 earth damage, and foes in the area take 15...60 earth damage.

Its instant, and has 3 radii of impact. Anyone in the closest radius takes 3x the damage, and anyone in the 2nd radius takes 2x the damage.

Slap this on all 3 heroes and watch them all fall down. 

edit: This has been nerfed quite a bit I believe. It used to be 15..90 as far as I recall.

• kingofnothinkingofnothin Member Posts: 112
    Originally posted by ssnautilus

If you have factions and an elementalist, then this might interest you as well:
    Shockwave

Earth | Spell | Factions Energy Cost 10 Casting Time 0.75 Recharge Time 15 Adrenaline Cost 0

Adjacent foes take 15...60 earth damage, nearby foes take 15...60 earth damage, and foes in the area take 15...60 earth damage.

Its instant, and has 3 radii of impact. Anyone in the closest radius takes 3x the damage, and anyone in the 2nd radius takes 2x the damage.
    Slap this on all 3 heroes and watch them all fall down. 

edit: This has been nerfed quite a bit I believe. It used to be 15..90 as far as I recall.

I might try that I have him Fire Spec'd right now. I do switch to Earth every once in a while depending on the situation. Def. be a good pick up.