Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Am back to WoW, and it's still the best.

Comments

• Larry2298Larry2298 Member Posts: 865

Although I agreed with WOW could be the best MMO but I am not going back. After quit WOW I have played many mmo P2P and F2P. I like to try new thing. If WOW change a name then I will consider it is a new game.

Since there are no good mmo on the market today, so it is more fun to play a terrible mmo and torturing yourself.  

• Z3R01Z3R01 Member UncommonPosts: 2,425

PLEASE CAN THE MODS MOVE THIS WOW THREAD TO THE WOW FORUMZ!!!!!!

Playing: Nothing

Looking forward to: Nothing 

• ChieftanChieftan Member UncommonPosts: 1,188

WoW just kicks the crap out of the competition.  I really, really wish there were another MMO that was as fun to play but I've tried them all and there's just no competition for Blizzard. 

The only complaints I really have is that WoW's domination has scared off alot of developers and I'm really ready for a quality futuristic MMO that probably won't materialize until Blizzard does a Starcraft MMO.

My youtube MMO gaming channel

• altairzqaltairzq Member Posts: 3,811

WOW oozes quality. And it's sad they simplified an MMORPG so much.

New MMOs are trying to copy MMO easy mode, and make it even easier. And they are failing. Maybe they should start copying WOW's quality and make their game a bit more difficult than WOW, maybe there is the money now.

• MephistoXVMephistoXV Member Posts: 72

WoW is fine. I played it a bit and it's okay. Two 70s, actually. A bit is about three and a half years here. But as I was saying, it's okay. It lacks grunge but sometimes that's what you want. It has a light heart, but I hated it at times. The world is huge and getting bigger, but at the same time so is the subscription base as much as the utter sense of annoyance in the 'community'.

I loved WoW and as I've put it before, always will. No MMO has topped it (no one can say 'no MMO can top it' because one day, one certainly can and will), and most likely wont for a long time. Slowly I felt the sense of immersion slip from me as I approached level 60 in the original version and as soon as I realized how hard it would be to compete with nine other people let alone thirty-nine others for a spot to get a fifth of a chance at gear - immersion died on the spot.

Burning Crusade sprouted up. Ten more golden levels of fun, love, and more annoyances - died again at level 70 after the Arena was made your only choice for a moderate chance of success in PvP and PvE was once again gather more friends that don't really like you at all for a chance to get a sixth of a chance at gear this round.

I have tried AoC, WAR, LotRO, and EVE. WoW was the 'best' game. WAR was the fastest and most immersive. EVE was the most unique and expansive. LotRO was the most enriching in storytelling. AoC was just... Oh holy mother of God, I swear on an upside down cross I would kill myself if I play it again.

---------------------
    Sniper is another term for unorthodox surgeon.

• ArckenArcken Member Posts: 2,431
    Originally posted by DarkEntities

I stopped playing MMOS for a while, and recently came back to try LoTRO, WAR, and AoC... After playing each of them for a long while, they still don't compare to WoW.. They are not even close to as fun, creative, and diverse...
    So, I'm playing Burning Crusade, and pre-ordered Lich King..WoW is king.. Can't wait for a real contender.. But I have a feeling the oly contender to WoW will be WoWII

Shame on wow for pigeon holing the entire genre with their stolen ideas.

• SonofSethSonofSeth Member UncommonPosts: 1,884

Originally posted by Z3R01
    Static world
    No world Pvp
    Unbalanced Classes
    Terrible community ( Wow is MMO high school Ive seen F2p games with better communities)
    Limited Instanced Pvp (4 bgs and a couple craptastic Arena maps after four years)
    Crafted Gear is worthless at endgame level with the exception of a handful of items
    Rep grinds are horrid in WoW and the gear is next to worthless at high level
    Limited character customization (normally one-two good specs for each class and If you go outside the box you get laughed at and riddiculed, Ever see a melee hunter or Firestone warlock?)
    Bait and Switch ( wow sucks you in with a nice little leveling game to turn into a gear grind that forces you to que up for BG's and wait on raid schedules, might as well play diablo since WoWs world is non existent at high level)
    Solo gameplay that turns the majority of its players into Anti-social gimps that spread out to other MMOs, 80% of wows community might as well be bots, Look what they are doing to WAR)

so theres your 10 If I really think about it I could pull out about 20 more reasons why WoW isnt the best MMO.

This is the stuff thats just off the top of my head.
    Edit: the Players that play WoW don't even relize they are playing a sub standard MMO since they are new to the genre.

What MMO has ALL those things and thus is the best MMORPG? You can do such lists for other MMOs too, none of them is a complete expirience, they are all missing something. 

Besides, those aren't really good reasons, opinions and preferences yes, but very poor as reasons go.

• skydragonrenskydragonren Member Posts: 667
    Originally posted by bodypass

Originally posted by rashhero

First of all, lets get it out of the way that I don't play WoW. I don't like WoW. I also don't hate WoW.
    Now the arguement here is that WoW is the best game in the MMO market. WoW is a very popular game. For the content it does posess, it is well done, polished and of good quality.
    The numbers WoW has though...why do you suppose it has so many people subscribed? Is it really the quality of the limited amount of content it has or is it because it's a Blizzard title? Quite frankly, millions of copies of SC, WC RTS series and Diablo have been sold world wide and has made Blizzard a very popular title world wide.
    Does that make WoW a good game? Yes and no.
    Honestly, if you really don't have  much experienece with MMOs and are a hardcore fan of WC RTS series, you'll think its a godsend.
    Even if you are a WC RTS fan but have truthfully played, enjoyed and were able to successfully advance in games like UO and EvE. WoW is just flat out boring and really going backwords as far as advancing the genera.
    Like I said, WoW is a well done, polished game. To me though, it lacks a good player driven community and economy. Playing WoW feels like paying monthly to play a single player game with a chatroom.
    But lets cut the bullshit. WoW is not the best game. Like a previous poster said, it's not up for debate. Populairty doesn't equal quality. It's not a bad game though, especially if you're new to the genera. The only problem is, people choose it as their first and see everything else out there as a copy. Hell, I'm sure there are people out there who claim EQ1 is a rip off of WoW. Thats one of my major issues with the game itself. A new crowd of MMOers who really don't know a damn thing about MMOs and take any and every opportunity to elevate WoW through their own ignorance  and curse every other game on the market.

In your first line you stated that you don't play Wow, but a few lines more and you evaluate it...

How intelligent.

If you WOULD play Wow in its end game, you would see that the economy is VERY much player driven. he economy is very much a driving force behind the game.

But you don't know this because you hear the hate gossip on MMORPG-Wowhaters.com.

Listen all UO and EQ worshippers.

Elvis was NOT the first rock and roll artist, BUT he was the first MILLION seller rock and roll artist.

The Beatles were NOT the first pop group , BUT they were the first million seller pop group.

Wow was not the first MMORPG, but it was the first MILLION seller MMORPG's (and many many more then the present day million subscription numbers show btw).

So it is NOT a question of good or bad : it is a question WHO was King of Rock and Roll, WHO was King of the pop scene in the sixites and WHO is King of MMORPG's?

---

And very important: everyone who tried to "copy" those orginals had the average life span of a one day fly....

This guy right here summed it up better than I ever could. He said exactly what I was trying to say, just made it come across better.

It isn't a question is wow better than the rest. It might be, it might not be *shrugs*.

Just like the other "kings" in none gaming genres around the world. WoW was the first to do what it has done. It has done so now for quite a few years with no seemingly way to slow it down in sight.

WoW is the king of MMO's as it stands right now. This just seems to piss some people off so bad it blinds them from actually looking at it logically.

To answer another poster, I am no wow "hater". I played wow almost 4 years. I have several 70's. I no longer play however I play WAR.

I played many other games while playing WoW for 4 years, like EvE, and DDO, and FFXI, and CoX hell you name it I played it.

Problem is none of these games I have played ever stacked up truly against WoW.

For the type of player I am WAR suits me better so I will not be going back to WoW.

Here is the real kicker though, Do I think WoW is better than WAR. The answer is yes.

WoW is better than WAR right now in it's current state. WAR caters to a mindset, old schooler like me who played DAoC, liked WoW, and want a mix of both.

WoW is still *sigh* the better game.

Anyway it is king of mmo's and isn't going anywhere for another good 5+ years at least.

I hope we get better MMO's out on the market in the next 5 years just as good. WoW needs some good healthy competition.

• PrebThorPrebThor Member UncommonPosts: 452

@OP: You've played Warhammer Online for a long time? Interesting.

• ShoalShoal Member Posts: 1,156

I stopped playing MMOS for a while, and recently came back to try LoTRO, WAR, and AoC... After playing each of them for a long while, they still don't compare to WoW.. They are not even close to as fun, creative, and diverse...
    So, I'm playing Burning Crusade, and pre-ordered Lich King..WoW is king.. Can't wait for a real contender.. But I have a feeling the oly contender to WoW will be WoWII

WoW is a great game.  It is, of course, what it is.  And if you like the flavor of Gear-Grind End-Game PvP that it has, then there is no better game for it.

So, have a great time.  Just remember that your opinion is not 'fact', and that other games also have high quality areas that WoW very much lacks. That does not make WoW good or bad, or those other games good or bad.  Just different. 

Like you are from everyone else.

• pixeldogmeatpixeldogmeat Member Posts: 441

Yeah I went through the same as the OP. In the end I am playing WoW again, level 8 BE pally, woo!

Never got too far with WoW, but its because I didn't group as much, had a blast on monday grouping, seems the time just flys by.

PLAY WURM ONLINE!! www.wurmonline.com

• ScalebaneScalebane Member UncommonPosts: 1,883

ITT:  People who diss on each other's games, which still never solves anything.  Reminds me of  stupid gang kids fighting over what side of town is the best side and other stupid meaningless crap like that.

"The great thing about human language is that it prevents us from sticking to the matter at hand."
    - Lewis Thomas

• Frostbite05Frostbite05 Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,880

ha i just started playin again. so now im playin this and WAR. dont say it doesnt compare to WoW cause well frankly it does it stands up very nicely. If your into mindless gear grinding in pve raids then wows your game. if your  into pvp and dont really care for raiding dungeons WAR's for you t hats why i play both :P

• ThreetownsThreetowns Member UncommonPosts: 322

Only game that is better then the other is in the mind set of the player ?

World of Warcraft  PVE -PVP

PVE ITs the king of MMOs ! 

Could not hold me in the PVP.. sorry i tryed and it just was not for me..

Stun-Sheep-Fear-Arenas and  Twinked out Chars and LVL 70s ganking lowbies if this is PVP then your right, It owns hands down in PVP.

Your money and your Time !

Play or stay its your call!

• skydragonrenskydragonren Member Posts: 667

LoL Fritts.

• Frostbite05Frostbite05 Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,880

amen to that man they sorta consistantly kill pvp in WoW every patch. but then again they make the pve content so much more enjoyable too and since thats the focal point of the game its A ok with me :P

• UniveUnive Member Posts: 133
    Originally posted by rashhero

If anyone asked, please raise your hands.

I asked. Owned.

• Spamalot345Spamalot345 Member Posts: 118

Leave the OP alone so he can get back to his McShammy with bacon, double Rogueburger and a side of Frygrimmars.

• ronan32ronan32 Member Posts: 1,418
    Originally posted by skydragonren

Originally posted by Besttheiswow

Wow is macdonalds, wow is coke not pepsi...
    Every other mmo in this planet is a macdonalds wanabe...
    Anyone that understands what a good fun polished full of content game is ,knows wow is the best mmo on the market...yes its most played the all other mmos put together..when wow has 60% of all mmo market in this planet something is going on..it means its the best..
    When we talk about games its nothing like food..if a game is good people like it and play it..alot..wow is the best..everyone knows it..people want a new game..they desperately seek for a aoc, warhammer etc..but when they play it..they see those games are crap next to wow...if you compare any mmo to wow...all games are crap...

As much as I would love to admit the above statement is false.... It is not.

I stopped playing WoW to play War and I enjoy War a lot.

WoW however is the better game. No game on earth is as good as wow. Everyone can cry BS or your nutz or whatever you want.

Simple fact of the matter is just like the above post says, like it or not WoW is the best MMO on the planet at this point in time.

/cry

War in my opinion is a better game than wow, i never had as much fun in wow as i do in war. what you wrote is an opinion not fact. Like it or not i think wow is the worst thing to happen to the mmo industry and war is a far better game.

• Pappy13Pappy13 Member Posts: 2,138

Man I hate that these threads wind up here after 7 pages of bashing WoW because someone decided to post a pro WoW thread in another forum.  This is apparently where WoW bashing threads go to die.

• LordRelicLordRelic Member Posts: 281

I feel sorry for you i really do. If wow is the best game for you life must be really hard im sorry.

• AlienovrlordAlienovrlord Member Posts: 1,525

If the OP decided they didn't like WAR then people (aka WAR fans) need to realize that's fine.  Mythic never intended for WAR to appeal to everyone.  

He talks about trying AoC and LotRO but the fact is before WAR the selection of alternatives to WoW were MMORPGs that were either having severe technical problems or only designed to appeal to small, niche markets of players.    We're now at a point where people can PICK between two well-made games rather than only having 'One Big Game' choice that has been the standard since MMORPGs started.

I hope this continues and that eventually we'll have several well-made, well-designed MMORPGs on the market at any one time to allow players an even wider selection of game.   The market has been able to support more MMORPGs for years, what has been lacking are decent games to play.

I wish the OP well as they enjoy WoW.   I've personally had enough of the game and never going back, but like the OP, I have a choice now

• UbahNecroUbahNecro Member Posts: 185

Yea, I am quite anti-WoW because I do not completely agree with it's design philosophy. I do get a bit nauseous when I read their WoTLK page and they say "Quest to level 80"...

But, I think I will reactivate my account that I quit 3 weeks into the free month because it seem to be the best and more balanced MMO on the market these days. Lineage II is pretty much dying with the market collapsing worse than the US Housing Market, so there isn't really much choice.

I did the Open Beta and Head Start to Warhammer Online and it is too tunnel vision for my likes. WoW, unfortunately, is pretty much the best MMO on the market right now and I guess I have to deal with it... Maybe if I find a more active guild that groups more in my level range (like 40ish I got to before I stopped playing) it will be a different experience this time...

LOL @ Vanguard. Don't mention that game, it's a non-factor. Let it die in peace.

• BarCrowBarCrow Member UncommonPosts: 2,195
    Originally posted by HensenLiros

I love the haters and judgers :)
    But I already tried vanguard, that wasn't even in the same area.
    WoW is awesome, period. This is why it has the most players of ALL age groups in any of these MMOS.

And FYI, I've been playing MMOS for 7 Years, and I am a hard core gamer.

Yeah, and I created the genre. My 4 yrs old son was the first one to get to 60 on WoW.

In what tri-mester did your son start playing?...lol

• LordGarriusLordGarrius Member Posts: 23
    Originally posted by huzzah

I know that I speak for everyone here on the MMORPG.com forums when I say, "Thank goodness!"

If I hadn't found out the exciting news that someone who has never posted here before and just registered TODAY was "back to WoW", I don't think I would have made it through the day.

I was particularly intrigued to discover that while you only "recently came back to try LoTRO, WAR, and AoC" you had, in fact, played "each of them for a long while" and found that "they still don't compare to WoW."

But, to be honest, the most striking and moving part of your post was the revelation that you "have a feeling the oly contender to WoW will be WoWII"

Thank you for clearing all of this up for me!

Your post really gave me chuckle, thanks!