Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

10 yr graphic upgrade

MorrakMorrak Member Posts: 31

the only way it would be worth it for them to put that much time and effort into revamping the graphics is if they knew for sure it was going to bring $$. personally i would love it if they revamped the graphics and actually put some money into marketing the game, the problem is they dont care about bring new people into the game, they already have many hardcore raiders who have spent so much time and money into the game they wont be leaving anytime soon. the progression servers were a great way to bring people back but they didnt put any kind of a time limit on the progressions, so the hardcore DICKS just pushed their way through everything and then it was just like every other server

i, for one, would be back in a heartbeat if they gave us a new server that progressed every 1/2 a year or so instead of whenever raiders decided. even without the graphic upgrade the game still has decent graphics imo (better than wow, aside from the character models) and the gameplay is great, aside from being forced to grp with some1 to get anything done

/rant off

Comments

• DeadlyMageDeadlyMage Member Posts: 543

for a ten year old game the graphics look fine to me...

what more do you expect.

• LocklainLocklain Member Posts: 2,154

Personally, they should have never made EQ2 instead they should have made a massive engine upgrade for EQ1.  There would be no games out there to compete with content plus it would have up to date graphics.

It's a Jeep thing. . .
    _______
    |___image|
    \_______/
    = image||||||image =
    |X| \*........*/ |X|
    |X|_________|X|
    You wouldn't understand
    Originally posted by Locklain

Personally, they should have never made EQ2 instead they should have made a massive engine upgrade for EQ1.  There would be no games out there to compete with content plus it would have up to date graphics.

you mean like EVE.

yeah that would have been nice.

Originally posted by DeadlyMage

you mean like EVE.

Exactly!  I never did understand the whole "sequel" thing.  If you have a hit game already why push it out by releasing a newer and more generic version of your already established game.

It's a Jeep thing. . .
    _______
    |___image|
    \_______/
    = image||||||image =
    |X| \*........*/ |X|
    |X|_________|X|
    You wouldn't understand

you mean like EVE.

Exactly!  I never did understand the whole "sequel" thing.  If you have a hit game already why push it out by releasing a newer and more generic version of your already established game.

hmm yes.

eq2 is nothing like eq. its was a step back rather than a step forward

• SirspongySirspongy Member Posts: 66

I imagine it was because they wanted to present another step in the Everquest storyline. If they would have altered the original Everquest storyline to accomodate the new story then there would be a lot of upset people still wanting to progress through the original story. I see no problem with Everquest II. Many people like it. If you like the original Everquest then stick with that. If you have a station pass then you are able to enjoy both at will.

Originally posted by Sirspongy

I imagine it was because they wanted to present another step in the Everquest storyline. If they would have altered the original Everquest storyline to accomodate the new story then there would be a lot of upset people still wanting to progress through the original story. I see no problem with Everquest II. Many people like it. If you like the original Everquest then stick with that. If you have a station pass then you are able to enjoy both at will.

I agree with advancing the lore, however, what they did to EQ2 really doesn't make it feel like EQ anymore.  Don't get me wrong I played EQ2 for quiet some time, its just not what it could have been.

It's a Jeep thing. . .
    _______
    |___image|
    \_______/
    = image||||||image =
    |X| \*........*/ |X|
    |X|_________|X|
    You wouldn't understand
  • qombiqombi Member UncommonPosts: 1,170

for a ten year old game the graphics look fine to me...

what more do you expect.

Problem is the game isn't uniform. I is a patched up ugly pile of mess. There are parts of the game you would run through that looks the original graphics then a few zones over you are in a totally different game. This is not very immersive. 

Secondly the game doesn't feel uniform as a living world any more. It feels like a game, that is you can tell it is only now slapped together to provide extra content with making things fit in to the world an after thought. This all started with Luclin. I am one of those gamers that are not playing any MMORPG right now because none are worth a hoot. The only game I would sign up for right now is EQ trilogy Classic but SOE will not provide this for me or my other 40+ members of a retired guild.

• BuzWeaverBuzWeaver Member UncommonPosts: 978

Old world zones were revamped and the areas are deserted.

The Old Timers Guild
    Laid back, not so serious, no drama.
    All about the fun!

www.oldtimersguild.com
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it. - Jef Mallett

• BuzWeaverBuzWeaver Member UncommonPosts: 978

There needed to be something new, something ground floor. An over-haul of EQ wouldn't have introduced new and more interesting mechanics, characters classes or world. There is only so much SOE can do with an old game like EQ.

The Old Timers Guild
    Laid back, not so serious, no drama.
    All about the fun!

www.oldtimersguild.com
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it. - Jef Mallett