Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

RF-Online due to close US & EU servers on the 10th NOV.

redcap036redcap036 Member UncommonPosts: 1,230

RF-Online is due to close down all US & EU servers on the 10th of Nov

Read here: http://www.rf-onlinegame.com/news.php?id=8020

Makes me sad, I really liked this game, the armour was fantasic to look at and the wars were nasty to be hold, I'll miss this game.

What are your thoughts on RF- online closing?

, please be nice, dead game walking...

Comments

• RaunuRaunu Member UncommonPosts: 480

I enjoyed this game for quite a while...

Even though I don't play it anymore I always hate to see an MMO shut down. Its bad for the business.

There needs to be as much competition as possible.

- - "What if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?" - -

• cortozcortoz Member Posts: 1

That game was so awesome!

I'll miss the CW's very much!

• HoundeyeHoundeye Member Posts: 110
    Originally posted by redcap036

RF-Online is due to close down all US & EU servers on the 10th of Nov
    Read here: http://www.rf-onlinegame.com/news.php?id=8020

Makes me sad, I really liked this game, the armour was fantasic to look at and the wars were nasty to be hold, I'll miss this game.
    What are your thoughts on RF- online closing?
    , please be nice, dead game walking...

thats the 9th of nov not the 10th

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194

About time.

Sorry guys I know you liked it, but it is about time Codemasters stops importing cheap Korean games and start developing their own.

Asian MMO will never be popular in western countries, the industry should take note.

• SgtFrogSgtFrog Member Posts: 5,001

i played the game for a couple months when it was a p2p.

it was pretty decent.

it will probably be bought by another company, hopefully it will go p2p again

March on! - Lets Invade Pekopon

Originally posted by ste2000

About time.

Sorry guys I know you liked it, but it is about time Codemasters stops importing cheap Korean games and start developing their own.

Asian MMO will never be popular in western countries, the industry should take note.

lineage, lineage 2 and FF11 are very populer.

also Aion will do extremly well.

RF was a good game when it was p2p...but it died when it went free.

• saint4Godsaint4God Member Posts: 699

This sucks, candidly.  I liked the game because it was a free to play adventure game with a great macro system.  There are many, many other games both free to play and subscription that are not as good as RF Online.  It wasn't one I played daily, but if my main adventure game was down for any reason, that's where I was at.  It was also great to have my f2p gaming friend over to group and level when he came to visit now and then.  As a free to play, I can understand why it's going away, but doesn't mean I'll miss it less.  So...until I move to Korea or Korea buys the United States, it's...

• RavZterzRavZterz Member UncommonPosts: 618

Sad news....

was going downhill for a while but it finally dies

Make games you want to play.

http://www.youtube.com/user/RavikAztar

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182

About time.

Maple Story and Silkroad Online would like to have a laugh at your statement.

• KarahandrasKarahandras Member UncommonPosts: 1,703

pity was a good pvp based MMO, if lacking a little in pve content

• cafraancafraan Member Posts: 15

After being with this game since release, almost 3 years, I am going to miss it

• kingtommyboykingtommyboy Member Posts: 543

it's always sad to see good mmorpg's going down (atleast I've heard it was one of the better f2p mmo's to date). Although I never played the game, I was always thinking to try it out onces, but I never did. To bad we'll not be able to play the game annymore in the US and EU. Now you'll probably get an overflow of rf-online private servers.. lol

-------------------------------------------------------------------
    waiting for ... nothing..

guys. dont worry im pretty sure another company will take it up.

• grimbojgrimboj Member Posts: 2,102

I was looking forward to checking out the space update. I have tried a lot of private servers and none of them really captured the spirit of population of retail (even at its lowest point). Got a special place in my gaming heart for this game :)

--
    Note: PlayNC will refuse to allow you access to your account if you forget your password and can't provide a scanned image of the product key for the first product you purchased..... LOL

• alakramalakram Member UncommonPosts: 2,301

Well I tried this game and I didnt like it. I played it for a pair of weeks and quit. I feel sorry for the ones having fun with it but this happens when you are not good enought.

As their ayor flaw I'll point the lack of healer class, they sold this as a good point but this made the game a "potion spam fest" wich is not good for a mmorpg.

Anyway, my "gaming condolences" to all the affected by this closure, I hope you all find a game you like as much as this one.

Originally posted by SgtFrog

How do you know?  Why would they?  I hope you're right.

Originally posted by saint4God

How do you know?  Why would they?  I hope you're right.

well the game closed down not becuse of lack of subs or lack of money but because Codemasters had an disagreement issue with the orginal creators of the game. so they will probably make an agreement with another publisher

• sbantingsbanting Member Posts: 238

It didn't because CM made it die, they didn't have gm's, bots were everywhere, hacking everywhere and well that and no updates for over a year = death to a great game. I'm glad I'm still playing it :P I can't say where I'm playing but there are servers out there with updates and gm's

• UpskirtPowerUpskirtPower Member Posts: 230

my thought/opinion on RFonline:

to me it is a new and enhanced version of a dead mmo called Gate to Heavens. same sci fi theme with a blend of fantasy and huge weapons.

RFonline art style and everything else is stylish with huge weapons, dwarves and elfs and such. overall art design and visuals are great but the graphic and enviorment landscape are bland, plain and nothingness. the traveling speed, the default run speed, the moving speed ect.. are slow and unbearable.

its jus one of those hundreds koreans grind festival. leveling are slow. do same thing over and over killing mobs ect.. nothing was there.

the game sucked even when it was monthly fee. turned free2play and still suck and deserted with not much players. archlord is similar but guess they keeping it.

codemasters should bring Zera and Infinity.

well the game closed down not becuse of lack of subs or lack of money but because Codemasters had an disagreement issue with the orginal creators of the game. so they will probably make an agreement with another publisher

Thanks for the info, seems like there's a lot of politics in the background behind it.  Surely I'd be interested in knowing more, but would be more than content if it were picked up by someone else and carried on.

• GalaxoGalaxo Member UncommonPosts: 389

To bad for this game, for the players who play it.Was a decent game but soon after the game was fp2 bots stared to show up...

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194
    Originally posted by Gameloading

About time.

Talking about WESTERN countries, as for my quote.

We know that Ragnarok, Maple, Lineage 2 are very popular, but not anywhere near in US/EU as they are in Asia.

Silkroad is a bit unusual for an Asian game, it doesn't feel like one (I played it too) and it is fairly succesful in western nation too.

But 90% of Asian games are pretty much the same, repetitive and quite shallow, no matter how you gonna put it that's a fact.

Then you have the odd one out that breaks the mold, but it's rare.

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182

About time.

Talking about WESTERN countries, as for my quote.

We know that Ragnarok, Maple, Lineage 2 are very popular, but not anywhere near in US/EU as they are in Asia.

Silkroad is a bit unusual for an Asian game, it doesn't feel like one (I played it too) and it is fairly succesful in western nation too.

But 90% of Asian games are pretty much the same, repetitive and quite shallow, no matter how you gonna put it that's a fact.

Then you have the odd one out that breaks the mold, but it's rare.

I am talking about western countries, Maple Story and Silkroad Online are HUGE success stories in the western. Ofcourse they aren't as big as their asian counterparts, the asian MMORPG market is much larger than the western one.

I don't see how Silkroad is unusual at all. It follows a very traditional MMORPG system.

Also, don't state an opinion followed by the words "that's a fact" because your opinion isn't a fact.

The thing is that Silkroad Online and Maple Story aren't games that break the mold, Sure, they are at the top of the mountain but there are many successful asian mmo's. Your whole idea of "Asian MMORPG's aren't popular in the west" is incorrect. Did you ever wonder WHY there are so many asian mmorpg's in the west? There is tons of them,I think there are probably more asian mmo's active than western mmorpg's in western territories.

And just look at websites like mmosite, look at the news and type "new server". Go ahead and see which games are launching new servers again and again. I'll give you a hint: It's not the western ones. The reason they are so popular is because they target an audience that western mmorpg developers in general have completely ignored: Teenagers. Thanks to an accessible subscribtion system, teenagers have been playing games like Flyff, Maple Story, Silkroad, Rappelz, Conquer (just to name a few) for years now, and it seems to be working.

• angelsfangangelsfang Member Posts: 93

About time.

Correction: 12 year olds would laugh at that statement.  No serious gamer would ever play those games.  Out of all the ones listed, Lineage 2 is probably one of the better titles but only because it had a big graphics advantrage when it came out and everything else sucked/was going downhill.

• RavZterzRavZterz Member UncommonPosts: 618

Well...we shall see with Aion, that game has a decent amount of hype atm

Make games you want to play.

http://www.youtube.com/user/RavikAztar