Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Weird dream state I've been having

BrianshoBriansho Member UncommonPosts: 3,586

I live alone in a 2 bedroom 1 bath condo and a few years after I moved in I noticed something weird.

If I sleep with my bedroom door closed I'm fine.

If I sleep with my bedroom door open I sometimes half wake in the middle of the night and imagine someone is in my place either trespassing or trying to steal stuff. Im halfway awake and asleep. I'll get out of bed and wander around my place to make sure noone is there then go back to bed. I think its a form of sleepwalking but I only do it when my bedroom door is open.

I think I've figured some of it out though. I notice when I first start waking up and think someone is here I'm looking down the hallway into my computer room and my vision is off. I think something in there is moved or gone and that makes me get up to see if anyones there.

Don't be terrorized! You're more likely to die of a car accident, drowning, fire, or murder! More people die every year from prescription drugs than terrorism LOL!

Comments

• skyrockstockskyrockstock Member Posts: 71

LOL

I'm sorry, Have you called the ghost busters.

Really though it is probably just a local thug.

I'm so mean, I'm sorry. It could be a phobia.

Have you been planning on playing Darkfall.

You might try changing bedrooms.

But seriously, it could be as you suggest, a form of sleep walking.

• WaterlilyWaterlily Member UncommonPosts: 3,105

Are you scared someone might break in?

Maybe get a kitty or a guard dog hehe.

• VemoiVemoi Member Posts: 1,546
    Originally posted by Waterlily

Are you scared someone might brake in?
    Maybe get a kitty or a guard dog hehe.

Yes, a dog may help. My dog sleeps in a box in the bedroom and barks at any funny noise. If you are in a high crime area, a gun would be nice too.

• BushMonkeyBushMonkey Member Posts: 1,406

Yes a dog to watch your back,get an over protective female or the biggest pick of the litter male,damn i miss mine,60lbs of over protective fury he was.

One night back in 1995 i was returning from Arizona to Texas from a vacation and i camped out in New Mexico,up in the mountains on the back roads, it was about 9pm and i was just about to bed down when i see this movement out of the corner of my eye,look up,and heres this guy walking into my camp, not 20 feet from me.

I jump up and i'm like "hey what's going on?"  The guy was like "oh i saw your fire and thought i would check it out "So i started to explain what i was up to, while i kept my hands in my coverall pockets fingering the 22 pistol i had.

Well my dog was sleeping  under a blanket,under the lean to, he woke up and before i knew what was up he was on this guy, he didn't bite him but he was right on him barking and snarling, i sure thought he was gonna bite him. Only time i ever thought he was gonna bite someone.

This guy is backing up with the dog snapping at his groin area and i'm trying to call him off, all the while thinking "good dog get that dumbass"  Ever here of the code of the west? You don't walk into a camp in the middle of the night, 100 years ago you would of got shot for that.

He finaly backed off and returned to me but kept growling at this guy, who finaly left after a little more small talk. I almost packed up and left my camp right then, but it was late enough and i was tired and figured he would think twice about returning after that.

Yep a good dog is always a good protector.

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163

lol

SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• DailyBuzzDailyBuzz Member Posts: 2,306

Keep the door closed. Problem solved.

• DeaconXDeaconX Member UncommonPosts: 3,062
    Originally posted by DailyBuzz

Keep the door closed. Problem solved.

Hahaha best answer.

Man that's nothing : I mean I don't mean to trivialize your experience cuz I'm sure it's unsettling but... I'm a very vivid dreamer often stuck in lucid dreams where I'm half aware it's a dream but can't really control what goes on WHILE everything that happens feel exhiliratingly or frighteningly real to me.

The PRO: When it's a good dream, it's an awesome dream.  My dreams play out like movies in my mind and are actually a huge source of 'creative stories' for me.

The CON: When it's a bad dream, it's friggin terrible.  I used to have night terrors and if you're aware of what those are, they are not fun at all.  Thankfully I haven't had one for over a year now.

Having a pet/dog around would def. improve your ability to relax I think.  My cat often hops up onto my bed and sleeps with me and it's very tranquilizing to me.  Also, if you've got a girlfriend or whatever, I noticed I generally don't have nightmares when I'm sleeping with someone.

Best of luck mate.

Why do I write, create, fantasize, dream and daydream about other worlds? Because I hate what humanity does with this one.

BOYCOTTING EA / ORIGIN going forward.

• Rikimaru_XRikimaru_X Member UncommonPosts: 11,718

Rikimaru sneaks in ur house every night:

-In memory of Laura "Taera" Genender. Passed away on Aug/13/08-
    |
    RISING DRAGOON ~AION US ONLINE LEGION for Elyos

• baffbaff Member Posts: 9,457

I had something similar the other night.

I usually sleep with the TV on.

The other night, it was a full moon, bright as you like. It cast shadows off all the statues and hedges. You could see by it. Add to this there was an ankle high mist as far as the eye could see. Really a spectral night. Beautiful in it's way.

Anyway I decided to sleep with the TV off. Big mistake. All I could think of was that this was a perfect night for burglars and with the TV off I could here every bump and creak the house makes.

I did what I always do. Got my gun out and went shooting. There's nothing like a few gunshots to make you feel secure in the belief that no one wants to bother you. For a good nights rest, sleep with a gun.

• DeaconXDeaconX Member UncommonPosts: 3,062
    Originally posted by baff

I did what I always do. Got my gun out and went shooting. There's nothing like a few gunshots to make you feel secure in the belief that no one wants to bother you. For a good nights rest, sleep with a gun.

Why do I write, create, fantasize, dream and daydream about other worlds? Because I hate what humanity does with this one.

BOYCOTTING EA / ORIGIN going forward.

• BrianshoBriansho Member UncommonPosts: 3,586

Hah thanks for the responses. I'll be trying to sleep with the door closed.

Don't be terrorized! You're more likely to die of a car accident, drowning, fire, or murder! More people die every year from prescription drugs than terrorism LOL!

• BalterBalter Member Posts: 1,015

Sounds like an instinctive thing. Humans once had to be on alert (even while sleeping) and defend themselves in the wild. We didnt always sleep in locked apartments...

My build: Sapphire Radeon HD 4850, Asus P5GC-MX/1333 Motherboard, 4gb G.SKILL DDR2 667MHz RAM, Core 2 Duo e7200 CPU, 250gb Western Digital SATA Harddrive, Windows Vista Home Basic 64-bit.

America in a nutshell.

My build: Sapphire Radeon HD 4850, Asus P5GC-MX/1333 Motherboard, 4gb G.SKILL DDR2 667MHz RAM, Core 2 Duo e7200 CPU, 250gb Western Digital SATA Harddrive, Windows Vista Home Basic 64-bit.

• DekronDekron Member UncommonPosts: 7,359
    Originally posted by Balter

America in a nutshell.

Yes, because protecting yourself within your home is a bad, bad thing.

Originally posted by Dekron

America in a nutshell.

If you need to sleep with a gun to feel safe, i would move IMO. We arent in the wild west.

But maybe i'm just too used to life in Canada where that isn't necessary?

• DekronDekron Member UncommonPosts: 7,359
    If you need to sleep with a gun to feel safe, i would move IMO. We arent in the wild west.

It all depends on where you live. I don't sleep with a gun, but one in the nightstand isn't bad. You never know when someone will become desperate and break in.

Originally posted by Dekron

America in a nutshell.

Is Canada a safer place to live than England then?

I heard you boys all have loads of guns.

Is Canada a safer place to live than England then?

I heard you boys all have loads of guns.

The gun laws are more strict and generally there are significantly less guns in Canada than the States.

Not as strict as here though right?

There are half a million lisenced gun owners here.  No handguns, only two types of semi auto, a three shot shotgun or a .22 rifle. Anyone can own a shotgun, but for a rifle you need to give good reason and can only keep it at home for hunting purposes and only one rifle of the correct calibre for the purpose you described. Ammuniton purchases logged on your lisence and reviewed at your Police inspection every 24 months. (It's possible to have your shotgun lisence revoked here for driving offenses).

You all need loads of guns to keep those moose and polar bears out of your gardens and stuff?

• Slacke-rSlacke-r Member Posts: 14

Shut your door or get a dog, or both.