Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

anyone tried out atlantica online yet?

nywlanasnywlanas Member Posts: 334

i just tried out atlantica online today. their site says it’s a turn-based MMORPG which is very much like the Final Fantasy series (and i uber love the FF series ) so i decided to try it out. i found the following quite remarkable:

quests.. It’s not the usual bring me this, bring me that kind of MMORPG. The quests keep me looking forward to more since I know it’s part of increasing my level.

storyline.. I’m still curious as to how the story of the city of Atlantis will end. so yea, it's really got me hooked.

autoMove Function.. i do not have to click much in between quests because there’s this function which automatically takes my character to the next questgiver.

graphics!! you’ve got to see it to believe it!

anyone else tried it yet?

Comments

• hooptyhoopty Member UncommonPosts: 788

This game is like Granado Espada. Or it will end up like it.This game is not ment for the Hard core gamers.AO is not my game and I have better things to do. If you still enjoy it... Good luck to you and who ever else and do whatever makes you happy.

Some people rob you at gun point..Others will rob you at "Ball Point Pen"

• Gabby-airGabby-air Member UncommonPosts: 3,440

I'm quite hooked with this game aswell and to be honest i lost interest in the MMORPG genre untill something good comes but just tried Atlantica online and loving it

• NetspookNetspook Member UncommonPosts: 1,583

I'm downloading the client now.

Kinda curious about this game, but even if I like it a lot the first played hours, I will not play it for a very long time. Simply because of the item mall / kiosk system. I rarely even try free games because of that crap.

• CursedseiCursedsei Member Posts: 1,012
    Originally posted by hoopty

This game is like Granado Espada.

Eh gotta disagree about that. I tried Granada, and it wasnt the most user friendly, my 'healer' refused to heal, and there was a general lack of direction or warning of what quest might destroy you :P

I've only gotten up to 21 or so in Antlantica, but its a fun game, and isn't the traditional F2P. It's easily accessible, and the battles are turn-based. You start out with your character, and get 2 others during the tutorial area, then are let loose into an area you choose. There is a nice diversity in classes for weapons, with the weapons themselves having their own unique traits. It definately makes you think a little more than a normal casual MMO does, but not by much.

My only gripe so far is in PvP, which I dont dabble in too much anyways. If your main is killed in PvP you lose automatically, which means that if you want to really do PvP, either make a ranged/magic toon and keep him in the back, or make sure your main is heavily armored and uberly equipped lol

I've lost all my matches so far because my main is a sword-user, and everyone will just focusfire on him and ignore my other characters :(

• SilokSilok Member UncommonPosts: 732

This game is like Granado Espada. Or it will end up like it.This game is not ment for the Hard core gamers.AO is not my game and I have better things to do. If you still enjoy it... Good luck to you and who ever else and do whatever makes you happy.

Lets me guess, you download, install it and try it for what 2 min? or maibe you didnt have play at all....

This game is great, the combats had take me back in the old Final fantasy days and i loved it (not every day with see an mmo with turn based combat like this. graphic are good and the story is not bad too. The only thing who bug me it the item mail

I heard we will have to buy the auto walk function, so i cant imagine to play with ou it now that i have try it... It will be a messed to search around the mobs you need to kill Hope this is not true

• CursedseiCursedsei Member Posts: 1,012
    Originally posted by Silok

I heard we will have to buy the auto walk function, so i cant imagine to play with ou it now that i have try it... It will be a messed to search around the mobs you need to kill Hope this is not true

Well, so far its a 7-day thing, and while its helpful, it aint the most graceful thing. :P

Many times the auto-walk will take the worst path to an NPC or run you right into monsters. While its nice when I just want to get somewhere and it'll take a while, I dont really need it :P

Lets me guess, you download, install it and try it for what 2 min? or maibe you didnt have play at all....

This game is great, the combats had take me back in the old Final fantasy days and i loved it (not every day with see an mmo with turn based combat like this. graphic are good and the story is not bad too. The only thing who bug me it the item mail

Never assume.I played in Cb1 and Cb2 and cb3 in AO..This game suxs IMO.So stop assuming  and dont be a troll at its best. Oh and i gave my reason why it dose sux on a different post..Use search if u know how..

• talismen351talismen351 Member Posts: 1,124
    Originally posted by nywlanas

i just tried out atlantica online today. their site says it’s a turn-based MMORPG which is very much like the Final Fantasy series (and i uber love the FF series ) so i decided to try it out. i found the following quite remarkable:
    quests.. It’s not the usual bring me this, bring me that kind of MMORPG. The quests keep me looking forward to more since I know it’s part of increasing my level.
    storyline.. I’m still curious as to how the story of the city of Atlantis will end. so yea, it's really got me hooked.
    autoMove Function.. i do not have to click much in between quests because there’s this function which automatically takes my character to the next questgiver.
    graphics!! you’ve got to see it to believe it!

anyone else tried it yet?

Spamming your game under a new name eh gellybeans? Or is it just every poster from manila, Philippines needs to spam the game? I am pretty sure if the game was truely so good you would be spending more time playing rather than shilling it.

www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/2349893#2349893

Hard to believe you just tried it out today n signed up at MMORPG.com n every post you have made has been about this game.

AO is not my game and I have better things to do. If you still enjoy it... Good luck to you and who ever else and do whatever makes you happy.

Never assume.I played in Cb1 and Cb2 and cb3 in AO..This game suxs IMO.So stop assuming  and dont be a troll at its best. Oh and i gave my reason why it dose sux on a different post..Use search if u know how..

Where the bugs here? Lol he dont have the time for this game but he have played 3 CB

Lol a funny one

AO is not my game and I have better things to do. If you still enjoy it... Good luck to you and who ever else and do whatever makes you happy.

Where the bugs here? Lol he dont have the time for this game but he have played 3 CB

Lol a funny one

Here we go  again and a-s-s assuming everything again..Get a life troll.Learn how to read and search Fanboy.

Lol a funny one

Here we go  again and a-s-s assuming everything again..Get a life troll.Learn how to read and search Fanboy.

Lol YOU are the joke here and with you 2 cent line(get a life troll) i begin to get pity for you... By the way im no fanboy of this game, in fact i dont care at all. And i can say the same thing with your trolling too but im not a like you so i will not.

All you can do is to insult with your pathetic insut like a-s-s, troll, fanboi ...................

The discution with you is over this is going nowhere but you can continue to insult if you want, you seem to be good for that.

• CorruptedCorrupted Member Posts: 310

Yes, I just started it 2 days ago and it's actually a really good game, I had my doubts. I haven't been addicted to a MMO in a long time and recently every game i've tried I tend to just uninstall it right away.  should join the server that starts with a S, I don't remember the name of it, add me if you do, IGN is Limited.