Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is Dragon Age the new Bioware MMORPG? ;/

Is what we all thought to be the new Star Wars MMO in fact Dragon Age?

Comments

• HashbrickHashbrick Member RarePosts: 1,851

Dragon Age is a single player RPG it always has been marketed that way. You seriously need to do some research before you post.

[[ DEAD ]] - Funny - I deleted my account on the site using the cancel account button.  Forum user is separate and still exists with no way of deleting it. Delete it admins. Do it, this ends now.
  • SkillCosbySkillCosby Member Posts: 684
    Originally posted by HBlite

Dragon Age is a single player RPG it always has been marketed that way. You seriously need to do some research before you post.

I was merely asking because I just saw this on Fileplanet...  "Dragon Age is a PC-based MMORPG based on a brand new fantasy world by RPG producer BioWare."

{ Mod Edit }

• efefiaefefia Member Posts: 631

Well maybe the best place to look would be www.bioware.com  instead of Fileplanet....

To save you a mouse click the answer is..... No

...The spread of secondary and latterly of tertiary education has created a large population of people, often with well developed literary and scholarly tastes, who have been educated far beyond their capacity to undertake analytical thought.

• RadiickRadiick Member Posts: 94

Here is a link directly to Dragon Age........  http://dragonage.bioware.com/agegate.html?ref=/

One question though and this may not be the best place for it but I need to know:  This game does not appear to be in the "Forgotten Realms" world, is this something that "Wizards of the Coast" has removed any rights to use anymore?  Or am I completely mistaken?

Thanks in advance,

Its worse to actually think about doing something then actually doing it!!!

• AbrahmmAbrahmm Member Posts: 2,448

Where was KotOR every made or marketed any different?

Tried: LotR, CoH, AoC, WAR, Jumpgate Classic
    Played: SWG, Guild Wars, WoW
    Playing: Eve Online, Counter-strike
    Loved: Star Wars Galaxies
    Waiting for: Earthrise, Guild Wars 2, anything sandbox.

• Mrfixit84Mrfixit84 Member UncommonPosts: 16
    Originally posted by Radiick
    One question though and this may not be the best place for it but I need to know:  This game does not appear to be in the "Forgotten Realms" world, is this something that "Wizards of the Coast" has removed any rights to use anymore?  Or am I completely mistaken?

As i understand it Bioware wanted there own IP so they didnt have to deal with a third party. The only reason NWN2 was made is because it wasnt made by them just a subsidiary (Obsidian).

Which is why i was so suprised KotOR seems to be being made by them.

• tarius11tarius11 Member Posts: 21

No. If anything would say it wasn't its that its built around the pause and play, and that wouldn't work in a MMORPG.

• Z3R01Z3R01 Member UncommonPosts: 2,425

DA is a one player RPG.

The next KotOR wont be a MMORPG either it will be a One player Rpg with a multiplayer element like Diablo/guildwars.

Playing: Nothing

Looking forward to: Nothing 

• ianubisiianubisi Member Posts: 4,201

No.

• Flyte27Flyte27 Member RarePosts: 4,574

I hope this is a good game even though it's not a MMO.  There haven't been many Baldur's Gate style RPGs over the last ten years.  Hopefully Dragon Age will give the genre a boost.

• wjrasmussenwjrasmussen Member Posts: 1,493
    Originally posted by precious328

I was merely asking because I just saw this on Fileplanet...  "Dragon Age is a PC-based MMORPG based on a brand new fantasy world by RPG producer BioWare."

{ Mod Edit }

Is that what you did?  Seems like  you took a half a second to noticed something and rushed here to post about YOUR DISCOVERY (ie you want credit for it).  HBlite busted you on it.  Learn from it and next time do a little bit of research before posting like this.